collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188056 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #5625 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »
MODOK...? Seriously...MODOK is a big waste of space in MvC3, Capcom could have added a better character than that ugly face...no offense to any one who likes MODOK...
Could have been worse. They could have chose Sugar Man

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5626 on: September 05, 2011, 11:08:25 PM »
Chances are Ill still play but a good friend I know of is still expecting to get MvC3 (or UMvC3 actually) and we always have had epic battles. Especially in TvC, and over the Kaillera Client using MAME and Kawaks.

MODOK...? Seriously...MODOK is a big waste of space in MvC3, Capcom could have added a better character than that ugly face...no offense to any one who likes MODOK...

I really don't mind Modok that much. He is a big target and it's fun to play against somebody that really knows how to use him, but that's just my opinion...  :-??

Anyway, I will buy Ultimate Chocolate version and will continue to try to learn as many characters as I can, so I hope we can continue to have fun with this lobbies and any time anyone is available...  :thumbsup:

On a separate note:

Here are the videos of the IMT Lobby night we had on 9-3-2011, between DCL, Dead Phoenix, Shadaloo, Swiziga and me.  :w00t:

They are in the order played. Of course, I could only record the ones I played. I really wish we had spectator mode...  \-/o

By The way, Dead Phoenix is a great Dark Phoenix user, so in some of the videos you will see some of the tactics I use to kill Dark Phoenix. Believe me, it’s not easy taking her out, especially when used by Dead Phoenix. He loves to combo with her which makes it harder. Most players just mash the buttons, which makes her easier to be taken out by pulling her in. That is just a wasted hyper against Dead Phoenix, because he knows how to defend her and punish you.  :-??

I really picked the wrong team in the third video, since I didn't know I had to fight Dead Phoenix next. I haven't learned to kill Dark Phoenix with any other characters except Wesker, Dante or Amy, and I need all three chances to make it happen... :P

Anyway, the sixth video shows an AWESOME Dark Phoenix kill, which I use often, but this one was a last minute crazy stunt…  ;D

PS. My mother was playing music while I was recording, and after watching the videos, I found it hilarious that the song ‘I will Survive’ by Gloria Gaynor was playing in the background of the second video while DCL was making a great comeback and the song 'Felicidad' by ABBA was playing in the sixth video after I killed Dark Phoenix... :D

PSS. I also found it hilarious that in the fifth video Swiziga’s Haggar says “Don’t Hold Back.” And then the whole team crashes on him…  :DxDie

I hope you enjoy all the videos. We had a lot of fun that night.   :w00t:

Please note that all videos have been hidden on spoiler tabs as requested...  :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:57:29 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #5627 on: September 05, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »
learned my lesson that match. no more experimenting ill stick with ryu, dante, trish form now on  [-X
dr doom, cunli, and hisenko aren't a bad team need practice with them though

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5628 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:46 AM »

"Dancing Queen" seems appropriate for the 4th vid as well as the others you said lol
But being serious now, your vids pointed out that I need to rethink using trish. All I do with her is double jump and dive kick.  :| never realized how annoying that was lol
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:29:56 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #5629 on: September 06, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »
"Dancing Queen" seems appropriate for the 4th vid as well as the others you said lol
But being serious now, your vids pointed out that I need to rethink using trish. All I do with her is double jump and dive kick.  :| never realized how annoying that was lol

Believe me...lol...no wait seriously...
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5630 on: September 06, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »
(click to show/hide)

:D Well in my defense against you, I was too scared of getting a fist to the face at 300MPH lol
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #5631 on: September 06, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
learned my lesson that match. no more experimenting ill stick with ryu, dante, trish form now on  [-X
dr doom, cunli, and hisenko aren't a bad team need practice with them though

But being serious now, your vids pointed out that I need to rethink using trish. All I do with her is double jump and dive kick.  :| never realized how annoying that was lol

(click to show/hide)

:D Well in my defense against you, I was too scared of getting a fist to the face at 300MPH lol

This is all super hilarious...  :DxDie :D :DxDie :D :DxDie :D :DxDie

Post Merge: September 06, 2011, 01:06:53 AM

I hadn't notice that. I just watched the video again and that is hilarious...  :DxDie

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:17:15 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5632 on: September 06, 2011, 02:00:11 AM »

True that'd be scary, but...I'd kinda rather be punched in the face at 300MPH than having to be burned in the flames...

Broken Jaw > Burned Body
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5633 on: September 07, 2011, 12:31:06 AM »
Manolo and Acey are throwing down, and im missing it...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5634 on: September 07, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
Manolo and Acey are throwing down, and im missing it...

We are done bro. They were great matches and we had a lot of fun...  :thumbsup:

...but it's late and I have to go to bed. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow...  :'(

We'll have to do it tomorrow...  :(

PS. I wish I won the lottery and have no responsabilities, except MvC3, games and movies...  @-)

Post Merge: September 07, 2011, 10:04:41 AM

More info on Ultimate:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/02/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-character-impressions-pax-2011/

Magneto: Everyone I saw was dropping Magneto combos left and right, as it looks like his long Hard Attack loop in the air is gone, and his EM Disruptor is slower than it was previous. That being said, his new move which allows him to push and pull characters anywhere on screen is extremely good. Characters like Haggar and Tron are going to have a hell of a time moving in on him.

Sentinel: Looks like he can’t do the corner hard drive loop anymore, and maaaaaaybe Hyper Sentinel Force does less damage, although it’s hard to tell.

Nemesis: Is a beast. He does a huge amount of damage, has the most health in the game, and is a threat from almost anywhere on the screen. His rocket launcher can whiff on smaller opponents, but is the perfect height to hit jumping opponents in the crotch.

A lot of his normals that look unsafe aren’t, and his reach is two-thirds of the screen with those tentacles. He is the ultimate newbie character, with easy combos and straightforward moves.

His only weakness is his limited mobility, as his dash is worthless. I won’t even call it a dash. Maybe a jaunt or mosey. Without assists or X-Factor he is a goner, but with either of those resources available, he is extremely scary.

Taskmaster: My man. He got one new move, a blockable command throw where he stabs you and then shoots you. I’m still not sure what the use of this is in combos, but you can OTG assist after. He got no nerfs, and with the air X-Factor addition I think he will move up the ranks a bit.

Post Merge: September 07, 2011, 10:25:02 AM

Here is the whole article with even more details:

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/09/01/not-canon-comic-ultimate-mvc3-edition/

X-Factor: It does seem a little toned down, but not so much that you can’t still make a crazy comeback. It’s subtle if anything. What is not subtle is being able to activate X-Factor in the air. I played 10 to 15 matches at PAX and can tell you Taskmaster’s air Legion Arrow can now be X-Factor canceled into another Legion Arrow. I’m assuming any of the cast that had useful air supers will now be able to use this to kill off characters more easily then before. Sentinels Hard Drive cancelled into another Hard Drive? I haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why not.

The HUD: I really like the giant X-Factor Xs and the character portraits on the side. I am not a huge fan of the assists being split up by the health bar of the character you are using. I called the wrong assist more than once.

Magneto: Everyone I saw was dropping Magneto combos left and right, as it looks like his long Hard Attack loop in the air is gone, and his EM Disruptor is slower than it was previous. That being said, his new move which allows him to push and pull characters anywhere on screen is extremely good. Characters like Haggar and Tron are going to have a hell of a time moving in on him.

Sentinel: Looks like he can’t do the corner hard drive loop anymore, and maaaaaaybe Hyper Sentinel Force does less damage, although it’s hard to tell.

Nemesis: Is a beast. He does a huge amount of damage, has the most health in the game, and is a threat from almost anywhere on the screen. His rocket launcher can whiff on smaller opponents, but is the perfect height to hit jumping opponents in the crotch.

A lot of his normals that look unsafe aren’t, and his reach is two-thirds of the screen with those tentacles. He is the ultimate newbie character, with easy combos and straightforward moves.

His only weakness is his limited mobility, as his dash is worthless. I won’t even call it a dash. Maybe a jaunt or mosey. Without assists or X-Factor he is a goner, but with either of those resources available, he is extremely scary.

Taskmaster: My man. He got one new move, a blockable command throw where he stabs you and then shoots you. I’m still not sure what the use of this is in combos, but you can OTG assist after. He got no nerfs, and with the air X-Factor addition I think he will move up the ranks a bit.

Wolverine: Got his health nerfed, and Berserker Slash has less invincibility. His new move, Swiss Cheese, doesn’t seem super helpful, but it is funny to hear Wolverine yell, “SWISS CHEESE!”.

Ryu: I got to play around with his new power up super, activated by pressing down, down, two attack buttons. He yells while charging up and glows blue, and looks to be pushing it to the limit. All three of his super moves are powered up while he’s in this state, as well as his specials.

You can swap out Ryu at this point and use him as a powered up assist. The adds a lot to his game play, and just looks like such a Rocky/Karate Kid/’80s cartoon moment.

Hawkeye: He has a different arrow for every attack button used. His quarter circle forward arrows have him firing a Triple Arrow, Net Arrow, or Piercing Shot depending on the button used. Inputting a dragon punch motion has him using the same arrow but shooting it straight up in the air.

Quarter circle back has him jump backwards and shoot an arrow at an angle. These arrows are all different, including the already infamous poison arrow. I wasn’t able to confirm if the poison damage stops if you manage to hit Hawkeye.

Strider: Didn’t use him a bunch, but I can say activating Ouroboros makes you feel like a cool. That must have been what Phoenix players felt like. Speaking of which….

Phoenix: Didn’t see a lot of her at the show. Is she that bad, or are people just overreacting? We’ll see.

Wesker: Slightly less health, air throw knocks you back farther. Besides that he felt the same.

Haggar: I’ve heard the Lariat Assist had it’s invincibility taken away, but I still saw it hitting fools out of their combos.

Doom: Same guy, new white cape. Still has the pimp chair.

Doctor Strange: All about the traps. His walk speed is extremely fast, but he didn’t seem to have a dash. To me he feels like a hard counter to characters like Doom and Iron Man. His 7 rings of ramamama, (that is not the name of it,) is a super move that has him creating rings around his body and if a projectile hits him, he counters with a large beam of energy. If a projectile doesn’t hit him, he stands around waiting to get slapped. His various traps and projectiles make him a lot of fun to play and extremely hard to learn on the PAX floor.

I was able to talk with Capcom’s Community Manager Seth Killian about changes to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom. Now none of the conversation was recorded, so this is mostly a summary of what we talked about.

Strong Normals, good reversal options, and a great zoning game. These are things that you could use to describe Ryu in Street Fighter 4, but in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Seth and I both agreed that Taskmaster did it better in every regard. Ryu’s new move set is to try and set him apart from the rest of the cast.
Ryu got the new Hypersonic Fireball that moves as fast as a bullet and explodes, a stream of two-thirds screen fireballs, and a powered up Shoryuken that shoots a vertical projectile (kind of like Cyclops).
Any character that has an existing move set is harder to bring up to speed, (I mentioned that in MvC2 most of the lower tier were Capcom characters, as they already had existing moves), while new characters can be made too powerful very easily. The challenge comes in when trying to take an existing character, power them up, but make him or her handle the same way.
Nova and Doctor Strange are both good examples of characters that could have been made dozens of different ways, with different move sets.
Phoenix Wright was the hardest character to make moves for. Seth said, “Wright is either overpowered or decent, and right now I can’t really tell which.”
I confessed my love for Iron Fist, and Seth said, “He’s come a long way, initially he was kind of boring to play as, but now he has a lot of amazing looking Chi moves and is a blast.”
I compared Rocket Racoon to a small, furry Cable. Seth came back with, “I don’t know why people keep saying that.” I guess maybe he doesn’t play like Cable… maybe he’s more of a small, furry BB Hood?
I asked Seth if you paired up She-Hulk and Phoenix Wright together as Judge and Jury, who would be the executioner? His pick was Nemesis.
Wolverine still plays the same, and is still really good. He just got mild nerfs to Berserker Charge and Berserker Slash. He’s still aggressive; he just can’t throw out crazy 50/50 mixups all the time.
When I asked Seth if his main man Thor got any love, he laughed and said, “No, right this second Thor isn’t much different.”
Hsein Ko is another character that is difficult to balance due to the move set she has to work with.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:25:04 AM by C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5635 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
Nemesis is sounding like a real pain  :-SS

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5636 on: September 07, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
Nemesis is sounding like a real pain  :-SS

I'm looking forward to him, Strider and Rocket Racoon, but only if he is anything like BB Hood, which should have been in from the beginning... \-/o

I would also love to have Jin Saotome as DLC...  =P~

PS. They mentioned that Phoenix Wright may be overpowered?  /:O

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5637 on: September 07, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
I'm waiting to hear about changes, if any, to Chun Li, Hulk, Spiderman, Capt America, Arthur and Dante.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5638 on: September 07, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
I'm waiting to hear about changes, if any, to Chun Li, Hulk, Spiderman, Capt America, Arthur and Dante.

Ditto. I really wish they either changed the command or number of times the button is pressed on Dante's overhead air guns triggered by pressing hard attack, which kills some of my combos when I double press that button in the air... \-/o

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5639 on: September 07, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »
I'm guessing Dante didn't get any changes. Also I'm actually rather pissed that they nerfed Wesker, he's not invincible, like Sentinel and Phoenix you just heave to learn how to deal with a tallented Wesker user. If they nerf Hulk then I'll be raging. Nemisis seems to be following the Capcom standard of beefing up new characters to help them gain popularity. I'm sure he'll be nerfed in Ultimate MvC3 Plus.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5640 on: September 07, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
I'm looking forward to him, Strider and Rocket Racoon, but only if he is anything like BB Hood, which should have been in from the beginning... \-/o

Man, I woulda been SO mad if BB hood was in. That's worse then Hsien-ko.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5641 on: September 07, 2011, 01:35:01 PM »
Hsien-Ko is a good character for the game, she fights very well.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5642 on: September 07, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Hsien-Ko is a good character for the game, she fights very well.

Plays well =/= Good character choice.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5643 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43:53 PM »
Then what's your reasoning for having Shuma Gorath in the game?

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5644 on: September 07, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »
Then what's your reasoning for having Shuma Gorath in the game?

I have none, he's a waste of space as well. I just happen to play as him.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #5645 on: September 07, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »
He's not a waste of space at all if he contributes to the quality of the game, which a balanced, fun, and useful character does. And it seems you think that's what Shuma does. Which means he isn't wasting space.

If you care about characters over game play, stay on MUGEN.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5646 on: September 07, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
I'm not all that loving to the roster as well but at least they all seem to be different from each other

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #5647 on: September 07, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
He's not a waste of space at all if he contributes to the quality of the game, which a balanced, fun, and useful character does. And it seems you think that's what Shuma does. Which means he isn't wasting space.

If you care about characters over game play, stay on MUGEN.

lol

I'm not all that loving to the roster as well but at least they all seem to be different from each other

Difference? I think I can agree to that.
(click to show/hide)

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #5648 on: September 07, 2011, 02:53:15 PM »
Also I'm actually rather pissed that they nerfed Wesker, he's not invincible, like Sentinel and Phoenix you just heave to learn how to deal with a tallented Wesker user. If they nerf Hulk then I'll be raging. Nemisis seems to be following the Capcom standard of beefing up new characters to help them gain popularity. I'm sure he'll be nerfed in Ultimate MvC3 Plus.

I completely agree. I also find it funny how we are all prepared to accept that Ultimate MvC3 will not be the only future update that Crapcom will cash in... :D
Man, I woulda been SO mad if BB hood was in. That's worse then Hsien-ko.

I love everything about BB Hood, the way she looks, plays, moveset and combos. She was my favorite character in MvC2...  :'(

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #5649 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
 :D You guys remember angery joe? Well he got an interview with Seth Killian lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal