collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188056 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #4525 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »
Wait. Maybe that's the announcement

Super Marvel vs Capcom 3

Or as Angry Joe calls it: Marvelous Marvel vs Capcom 3

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4526 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
I remember Capcom talking about Ghost Rider and Man-Thing a whole lot before the game was released. Maybe those two will show up.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4527 on: July 15, 2011, 02:16:02 AM »
I remember Capcom talking about Ghost Rider and Man-Thing a whole lot before the game was released. Maybe those two will show up.

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4528 on: July 15, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »
make your bets on the new name, im calling

Marvel vs capcom 3 FTW turns into Marvel vs capcom WTF, letters are there already

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #4529 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
Watch the DLC pack just be all the Capcom characters from TvC :p
^^(PM)^

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4530 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
make your bets on the new name, im calling

Marvel vs capcom 3 FTW turns into Marvel vs capcom WTF, letters are there already

:D

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4531 on: July 15, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »
I really hope that the "red" character won't be Carnage.
The char from Demons' Crest would be a better idea.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4532 on: July 15, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
I really hope that the "red" character won't be Carnage.
The char from Demons' Crest would be a better idea.
Red character?

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4533 on: July 15, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »
a rumor from lupinko,

id like to have him as long as he is not similar to svc, last thing we need is another flying spammer.

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #4534 on: July 15, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6323765/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-coming-to-comic-con

Source: Comic book and nerd-culture enthusiast site The Quarter Bin.

What we heard: It's pretty clear that Capcom has something up its sleeve for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at Comic-Con 2011. Both Capcom and Marvel will be hosting panel discussions at the event, and producer Ryota Niitsuma is schedule to be on-hand to deliver "fantastic news" about "future plans" for the cross-over fighter. Now, it appears as if the companies' big announcement will be a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 redux, complete with an expanded roster and budget price point. The Quarter Bin reports that Marvel and Capcom will announce Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 at next week's San Diego event. A rerelease akin to Super Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will reportedly include 12 additional characters on-disc, two of which will be the previously available downloadable fighters Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath. The original MVC3 included 38 playable characters on-disc.

Despite the added content, Capcom is apparently lowering the price for the game's rerelease. The Quarter Bin indicates that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will carry a $39.99 sticker tag, a move that falls in line with SSFIV's discount rate.

The official story: Capcom had not responded to a request for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus: Looking not bogus. Capcom has a long tradition of rereleasing its fighting games with gameplay tweaks and expanded content, to substantial success. Expect more information at Capcom's Comic-Con panel, which is scheduled for 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 23. Marvel's talk will follow shortly thereafter at 12:30 p.m

http://thequarterbin.com/2011/07/15/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-mvc3-to-get-12-new-characters-in-budget-re-release/
The title will be a re-release similar to Super Street Fighter IV, which many fighting game fans will remember was budget priced at $39.99, and came with heaping handful of new characters exclusive to that version. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will see a similar release later this year, and with the character count jumping from 38 (including DLC fighters Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath) to 50, there are at least a dozen reasons to be excited.

While our sources have been mum on the new characters expected to make an appearance, the inclusion of Frank West and Doctor Octopus files hidden on the original Marvel vs. Capcom 3 game disc should mean the appearance of those two characters is almost a given. We’ll let the speculation run wild as to the other ten characters, but we’d love to see the debut of the oft-rumored Phoenix Wright (as a fully playable character) and return of Mega Man, as well as the father/son tandem of Cable and Cyclops.

The new game and fighters will make their debut next week, so you only have to wait until the Marvel vs. Capcom panel at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 23 to learn just who will be deciding the fate of two worlds this time around.

Looks like rumor fires are spreading all over again.... :|
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4535 on: July 15, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
last thing we need is another flying spammer.

^^(PM)^ agree with that totally !  :thumbsup:

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
« Reply #4536 on: July 15, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6323765/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-coming-to-comic-con

Looks like rumor fires are spreading all over again.... :|

I hope not but as they said Capcom really has nasty habit of doing this.....guess the moral of the story is always wait atleast a year before buying a game form capcom especially if it's a fighter.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4537 on: July 15, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »
As much as I hate that Capcom is doing this AGAIN, I can't help but be excited about the 10 additional characters. Wonder if any of them are from the fake DLC list

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4538 on: July 15, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »
As much as I hate that Capcom is doing this AGAIN, I can't help but be excited about the 10 additional characters. Wonder if any of them are from the fake DLC list
no reason to be upset if its just dlc. but if its a revamp like ssf4 that forces people to buy it then that's another story

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4539 on: July 15, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
Unless you didn't buy the first edition.

But yeah, that IS what they're saying. Which sucks for me cause I actually DID get the regular edition and I really want those extra characters so I have to give Capcom more money.

I hope they include more modes and stages as well. That'd make the pain more bearable.

That and Ghost Rider

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4540 on: July 15, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »
i could have lived without oni and evil ryu in ssf4ae anyway buit i do hope they add in ghostrider (FTW) and few others to give some spotlight to some other characters.

Offline Chaos Dante

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 22, 2013, 03:12:48 PM
« Reply #4541 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
I was already hit by the SFIV bomb as I got the original SFIV that isn't allergic to kryptonite.....even bought the DLC costumes for it....  :( I really can't take going through this again  :'(

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4542 on: July 16, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »
lol i feel ya chaos. but ya know how companies do man. they in the business of making money. no matter how they can. so i figure they are gonna do a whole "milking the cow" on us for as long as we buy into it all. no lie, but i am buying some of the dlc characters and if any extra dlc stages, but i aint gonna get 5 suit packs. they will be raping my lil pockets.  Hopefully we get some good ones on both sides and at lreast make use of the bottom half roster of the character select screen for goodness sake. lol

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #4543 on: July 16, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
Unless you didn't buy the first edition. But yeah, that IS what they're saying.
if that is the case then i can't see myself buying it again. i loved sf4 and ssf4 was a great update so i didn't feel like i lost money. but i already dislike this game with the xfactor,crappy match connections, and the bs you have to put up with once you do get a match in this game(also still no spectating). i don't think this is a game people should have to buy again if its not a $15 dlc like AE then forget it bcause this game didn't meet my expectations at all. not going to spend 45 bucks on it

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #4544 on: July 16, 2011, 01:39:14 AM »
Like I said, maybe they're adding in new modes and stages as well.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #4545 on: July 16, 2011, 04:05:56 AM »
Here's what needs to happen... First, they need to get RID of that (3 buttons and a launcher BS) and at least go back to the MVC2 button layout... (But 6-buttons will always be superior)

Second, they need to shoot the IDIOT that thought M.O.D.O.K. would be a cool character...

Third, Arthur either needs to grow the f### up, or be omitted from the game, because he's USELESS!!!

Fourth, I need my individual punches and kicks back instead of doing the same damn combo over and over again.

Fifth, Strider Hiryu, Cap Commando, Hayato, Guile, Ken, Cammy, Zangief, Mega Man, Cyclops, Cable, Rogue, Juggernaut, Venom, and the original Jill, ALL NEED TO COME BACK!! And the new Jill is TRASH...!

Sixth, Sentinel needs to DIE...!

Seventh, the game needs a lot more modes, it seriously needs to be balanced, and they need to animate those damn endings BADLY! Cause they're TRASH!!

Eighth, and lastly, they need to add characters that actually matter. Like... Blade, Bishop, Mystique, Luke Cage, The mandarin, War Machine (Not a palette swap) Bison, Sagat, Sakura, Adon, Cody, Guy, Black Panther, and many others that will never see the light of day because Capcom is a bunch of freakin idiots that don't give two clicks about what the customer actually wants these days... It's more  about letting rumors spread like wildfire, giving us false hope for the characters we want, while they sit back, knowing they'll NEVER even consider putting any of them in the game... Screw Capcom, AND MVC3...!  \-/o

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #4546 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:45 AM »
 :DxDie Next time on "Is Capcom High?"...

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #4547 on: July 16, 2011, 04:38:57 AM »

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #4548 on: July 16, 2011, 04:56:21 AM »
Here's what needs to happen... First, they need to get RID of that (3 buttons and a launcher BS) and at least go back to the MVC2 button layout... (But 6-buttons will always be superior)

Lol, tbh, I hate mvc2's layout, I'm alright with this, but I'd be much happier if it was six buttons.

Third, Arthur either needs to grow the f### up, or be omitted from the game, because he's USELESS!!!

Have you played arthur's games? to make him any different would make a lot of fans of ghosts and ghouls (including myself) mad.

Eighth, and lastly, they need to add characters that actually matter. Like... Blade, Bishop, Mystique, Luke Cage, The mandarin, War Machine (Not a palette swap) Bison, Sagat, Sakura, Adon, Cody, Guy, Black Panther, and many others that will never see the light of day because Capcom is a bunch of freakin idiots that don't give two clicks about what the customer actually wants these days... It's more  about letting rumors spread like wildfire, giving us false hope for the characters we want, while they sit back, knowing they'll NEVER even consider putting any of them in the game... Screw Capcom, AND MVC3...!  \-/o

Okay, I was with you until you got to Adon.... Adon and sakura.... how the hell do these characters matter?... actually, thinking about it, sakura got into way too much games... Gem fighter, MVc2 MvsSF... like we really need at least 4 shotos a game capcom. I'd rather have Vega and a SF3 Character (NECRO!) over them.

other than those things, I agree. Oh yeah, I want OMEGA RED back!

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #4549 on: July 16, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
I don't see the big deal. The price mark for the current DLC would have ALREADY charged you an additional FIFTY dollars for just ten characters. Buying twelve DLC characters, with new modes, and new stages, and probably new music, and probably more balance for 39.99 will actually SAVE money.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal