collapse

Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3  (Read 188056 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: *Official Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread*
« Reply #1975 on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
 :DxDie Anyone know how to fake my death?

Offline Invader Dooms

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2012, 02:45:28 PM
  • The name I am known by is BATMAN.
« Reply #1976 on: November 09, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
MARCH 2, 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN! :O*D

I hate to be the pooper of parties, but...How do we know this is real? I'd really like a link, as I have heard no news of an announced release date for MvC3, so, until one pops up, I'm just gonna keep thinking it's in Spring.
Team Dooms: Tetsu, Sonic, Cutman, Elecman, and Metalman!

Offline Dead Phoenix

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 02:35:37 AM
    • DeadPhoenix9065
« Reply #1977 on: November 09, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »
I hate to be the pooper of parties, but...How do we know this is real? I'd really like a link, as I have heard no news of an announced release date for MvC3, so, until one pops up, I'm just gonna keep thinking it's in Spring.

According to gamestop.com the realese date is in fact 3/2/2011. the only time i think they are wrong is if the game is pushed back or they get told to pull the realese date.
The tongues of dying men force attention, like deep harmony. Where words are spent, they are seldom spent in vain.
-Mei Ling quotting Shakespeare

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1978 on: November 09, 2010, 03:41:17 PM »

does it really matter??? just wait between march and april!! that's all

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1979 on: November 09, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
gotta agree with that , between the spring seasons man, end of March April and May. Its bound to be one of those unless pushed back.

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1980 on: November 09, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »
March eh? thats great, i was expecting a summer relase, cant wait!!

Offline ShredMetalBlues

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:40:25 AM
  • Heavy F***in' Metal.
« Reply #1981 on: November 11, 2010, 10:43:37 PM »
Man, I'm dying for some new info. Even if not a new character, a new gameplay vid of some of the announced characters.

Between the new Mortal Kombat and this, I'm getting tired of this waiting bull***t.  :-w

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1982 on: November 11, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
I know. I REALLY want to see if another X-Man makes the roster or if Ms Marvel is gonna be in it or if the Howard the Duck rumors are true

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #1983 on: November 13, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/26/more-marvel-vs-capcom-3-notes-niitsuma-and-seth/

Character notes

• New characters will be announced every month up until release. At least two new characters every month. The release date will more than likely be in March 2011, although this isn't official.

• Niitsuma said there would be a representative from the Mega Man games. The top candidates would of course be one of the Mega Man iterations, Zero or Roll, who have all appeared in a Vs. game at some point.

• There won't be any original characters, according to Niitsuma, like Ruby Heart or Amingo in MvC2.

• There are more Marvel villains than Capcom villains, it's just the way it worked out, it wasn't originally planned that way. Marvel has a lot more villains to choose from.

• Niitsuma said some of the most requested characters were Phoenix Wright, Vergil (Devil May Cry) and more Mega Man characters.

• Magneto has some new juice, but the things you liked before from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 are still largely there, including his dashes. His rushdown ability isn't the same, but he works well off of assists still. He has new options in the air in terms of projectiles, but he's still a work in progress, but rest assured, he's not a complete departure how he was in MvC2.

• Magneto was planned from the outset of the game, Niitsuma said fans would have been mad if he wasn't included since he was in MvC2.

• Ghost Rider was considered a candidate up until the middle of development, but the team couldn't figure out a way to incorporate his bike into the game and they didn't want to include him without it.

• They said the same thing about Silver Surfer, they couldn't incorporate his surf board, so he didn't make the cut.

• MODOK was not the incredibly broken character who made "Seth Killian's mind melt." On the subject of the mind melting character, Seth added it's not that it's surprising they're in the game — it's just how they were implemented.

• Normal attacks are not MODOK's specialty. He's heavily dependent on Special and Hyper Moves to win, but he also has a number of things that are unique to him. One thing is he has a fly mechanic where when he jumps he's in a flying state, just by pressing up.

• T.Q. Jefferson said to keep your eyes peeled in regards to more Marvel female characters.

• Chris Redfield's punches are not like Fei Long's Rekka Kens.

• Magneto is, "still pringles."

• Capcom includes a lot of female Darkstalkers characters because they want to keep the balance between male and female fighters and Niitsuma feels like the female Darkstalkers are some of the most interesting.

• The Monster Hunter team said they didn't really want their characters in MvC3.

General stuff

• You most likely won't be able to choose the same character twice in online Ranked matches, but in other modes it may be possible, this is still being decided.

• When asked about a replay mode, like the one in Super Street Fighter 4, Niitsuma said they did want to put in something similar.

• If there are unlockable characters, don't expect a cheat code that opens them all up.

• Capcom is finishing working on Episode 3 and they're not sure when they're going to release it. Seth Killian said there's a few more cinematic trailers in store for fans.

• Niitusama said there will be 4 different colors to choose from for each character when the game ships. Marvel characters will be more like costumes instead of colors. All of the Marvel costumes are coming from Marvel.

• Most of the stages in MvC3 are related to characters in the game — for the most part. Not all of the stages have been shown yet.

• The endings won't be fully animated, they'll be done in the classic Capcom style. i.e. a 2D image illustration with text.

• Once more of the characters are revealed, more of the game modes will be revealed.

• Deadpool's lines were changed because there were some problems with them, but Niitsuma said he couldn't get into it.

• There will be a sound mode in the game where you can listen to all of the effects and music and stuff.

Gameplay notes

• Seth confirmed that MvC3 has hit stun infinite prevention, meaning the longer your combo goes on, the less hit stun moves will cause, making your opponent fall out of any potential infinites.

• You can still get very big combos, and even 100% combos if you use a lot of meter and activate X-Factor — but it will be difficult to do so.

• You cannot Advance Guard assist attacks right now. It makes things very interesting, assist characters are much stronger. The advancing guard system isn't final yet.

• Seth said the tag in command, by holding the assist button, is likely going to stay.

• As mentioned before, many of the Supers and Special Moves that were unsafe in MvC2 are safe on block in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1984 on: November 13, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
Here's hoping that Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer get into DLC

Also how much ya gonna bet the next Marvel female is an X-Woman

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #1985 on: November 13, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
• Ghost Rider was considered a candidate up until the middle of development, but the team couldn't figure out a way to incorporate his bike into the game and they didn't want to include him without it.

Can someone email them wucash's GR? :-w

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
« Reply #1986 on: November 15, 2010, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline ShredMetalBlues

• Initiate
  • Heavy F***in' Metal.
« Reply #1987 on: November 15, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
She Hulk: I don't like her outfit. She looks like a track star, not so much a superhero. Although her car slam super was pretty cool, and she seems really powerful. Lame appearances aside, I can see her as a very fun to use character with a lot of potential. Its not often you see a female "power"-type character.

Zero:  :o :w00t: The most bad@$$ character in all Megaman universe is here.  [-O< Zero looks like a monster. I was tempted to team Viewtiful Joe or Arthur with my homies Wesker and Captain America, just to have a mighty midget on my team, but I think Zero's where its at.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1988 on: November 15, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
AWESOME SAUSE!  :o

Nice to see She Hulk alongside her cousin

Offline yugo05

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 01, 2011, 10:27:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #1989 on: November 15, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »

If this list is correct, I Can't wait to see Strider Hiryu in action! I want that game! I want it!
 :w00t: :w00t:

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1990 on: November 15, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
Does anybody else think MODOK and authur was a waste of a space?
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1991 on: November 15, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »
MODOK - Yes
Arthur - Not really

Also anybody else notice that She Hulk sounds like Hawkgirl from the Justice League cartoons?

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1992 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
MODOK - Yes
Arthur - Not really

Also anybody else notice that She Hulk sounds like Hawkgirl from the Justice League cartoons?
yeah I was waiting for John Stewart to fly in and say "I heard hawkgirls voice....and....shes not here -_-"

Offline ShredMetalBlues

• Initiate
  • Heavy F***in' Metal.
« Reply #1993 on: November 15, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »
Does anybody else think MODOK and authur was a waste of a space?

No. There were enough characters to make several decent 3-man teams months ago. They could've stopped at Wesker/Spiderman no problem. Everybody since then (Magneto, MODOK, Spencer, Arthur, She-Hulk, Zero) has just been an unnecessary bonus.

EDIT: Although...I'm not complaining...but I was really hoping to see SF4-style Bison by now. I thought a Street Fighter villain was supposed to be revealed a long time ago. SF4 Bison would be soooooo much cooler to have than the fat SF Alpha Bison. Still waiting on that one.  :-w

Also, I think you guys might as well give up on seeing Strider/Jin/Captain Commando. I'm thinking their moves and styles will be integrated into other characters, kinda like how Dormammu is similar to a buffed-up Blackheart. Hell, Dante's insane sword reach, speed, and CapCom-ish anti-air makes him like a Strider/Captain Commando mashup anyways.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 01:41:11 PM by ShredMetalBlues »

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1994 on: November 15, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
yeah I know what you mean...im still pullin for Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer...I mean who knows maybe they will change there minds and put them in...its a long way till the release date...so who knows  :-??

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #1995 on: November 15, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
after seeing She-Hulk, I can no longer say that M.O.D.O.K. and Arthur are wastes of space. its officially her.

and I bring up this question: You take out Rogue, Psylocke, Cammy, Guile, Charlie, Cable, Ken, and Storm and put in She-Hulk, X-23, and Amaterasu? what sense does that make?
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #1996 on: November 15, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
Zero, Wolvie, Strider.
Look out I have the dream team (minus Vega...).

I think She-Hulk look pretty promising, actually. She is a grappler, with a lot of kick move apparently. Not my favorite choice of character, and it would have been nice to get Rouge or Storm back.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #1997 on: November 15, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
after seeing She-Hulk, I can no longer say that M.O.D.O.K. and Arthur are wastes of space. its officially her.

and I bring up this question: You take out Rogue, Psylocke, Cammy, Guile, Charlie, Cable, Ken, and Storm and put in She-Hulk, X-23, and Amaterasu? what sense does that make?

Storm was officially de-confirmed?  It was stated she would not be in the game?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:38:37 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #1998 on: November 15, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »
With she-hulk filling the role of grappler R. Mika is is out. Its was a long shot hoping for her but that was killed. She-Hulk at first glace was a bad chose but after lifting it sink in i think she maybe all right. They need to ditch the classic duds tho. Those are horrible. On the same note was that car her ultimate? How would that tie into a three way hyper if it wasnt?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #1999 on: November 15, 2010, 03:57:41 PM »
If that "fake" list keeps delivering then I'm sure you don't have to worry about Storm getting the cut

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal