collapse

Author Topic: Fantastic Four Trailer 2015  (Read 1214 times)

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
Re: Fantastic Four Trailer 2015
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Like I said earlier, Movie Universe.

Once to many liberties have been taken that's just where my mind goes and I no longer care if it's faithful to a specific comic as long as they do the name justice and this movie with the younger cast, ethnicity changes, character changers(Doom is a hacker?), origin changes and what have you all we're left with is character names and powers(Looking at you Dragonball Evolution and The last air bender and possibly Batman vs Superman).

So at this point all I can hope for is that the movie is good and we don't end up with another Ghost Rider(or the movies I mentioned above) and from this teaser there isn't much to go off of.

my new one

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
Twinimage......its a sci fi channnel well done generic remake  bro.
Marvel's  4 Fantastic Divergents: The Hacker of Doom.
 :D   :-j

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
"Dawn of Fantastic 4: D00M Rising"

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »
I have some reasons to think this one won't be good:

- Black Human Torch - I honestly hate when they change the ethnic group. Seriously, I'm not racist (I'd hate if someone like Storm ended up white), but having this forced change of such a famous character. If they want good black characters, then give attention to the ones they already have, like Black Panther.
- Hacker Dr. Doom - I heard things about he being a hacker or an evil programmer... like... a forever alone or a hater? Instead of the powerful ruler of Latveria?
- Cast - Not only this one is already underwhelming compared to the original, but it looks unfitting to the characters themselves, they look like a bunch of teens.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 11:11:08 PM »
I have some reasons to think this one won't be good:

- Black Human Torch - I honestly hate when they change the ethnic group. Seriously, I'm not racist

Ok I'm going to say this about the whole black thing, it isn't racist to point out that they've changed his race.

Here's the fun part-

It IS however very racist to change a character's race because you think that will make more money. Bare in mind, Marvel isn't making this movie. This studio has one goal in mind, to make money, this isn't a labor of love, crafted for long time fans, everything they will do with these characters is to meet that goal, that includes any changes they make. Therefore, the only conclusion is this, they do not believe the traditional Torch character is interesting enough, they believe more people will see him as interesting or controversial (movie buzz) if they alter his race. It's a gimmick, they do not have confidence in Stan Lee's traditional Fantastic Four. Thus they are using race as a means to an end........That's "Race baiting."

This isn't Marvel's vision of the FF, they don't want them represented in this manner. They do not support the changes made. Thus, out of respect, nor shall I.
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 02:39:33 AM »
Ok I'm going to say this about the whole black thing, it isn't racist to point out that they've changed his race.

Here's the fun part-

It IS however very racist to change a character's race because you think that will make more money. Bare in mind, Marvel isn't making this movie. This studio has one goal in mind, to make money, this isn't a labor of love, crafted for long time fans, everything they will do with these characters is to meet that goal, that includes any changes they make. Therefore, the only conclusion is this, they do not believe the traditional Torch character is interesting enough, they believe more people will see him as interesting or controversial (movie buzz) if they alter his race. It's a gimmick, they do not have confidence in Stan Lee's traditional Fantastic Four. Thus they are using race as a means to an end........That's "Race baiting."

This isn't Marvel's vision of the FF, they don't want them represented in this manner. They do not support the changes made. Thus, out of respect, nor shall I.

this is twentieth century FOX at it's best
hurrah!! why can't protest for marvel to regain the movie rights, or (josh..hehe..pun!)tank the film by not watching it?

Offline Laforga

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 09, 2023, 06:59:16 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »
Well Sky79 you do have a point, but i´m not sure that is entirely the case. In my opinion I think Chronicle´s director just plainly feels that Michael B. Jordan can embody the character, he has worked with him before plus he is clearly more concerned with his vision of the fantastic four than reproducing the original material. The fact that this is a Fox movie only furthers this vision, as they are widely known for altering the material as they see fit, something in the lines of "the means justify the purpose".
Personally I don´t agree with this method as I have stated before and yes, money drives a lot of influence but I think they just like to temper with the source material, like giving it their own personal touch. Sadly or not the general public opinion and the box office has proved them right so far.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2015, 10:56:32 AM »

Here's the fun part-

Well said Sky.  ^^(PM)^

Ok i am a black man... ( ok actually i am brown...i am not same color as my black pants... nubian thank you. Lol) and i for 1 finds this change kinda offensive in the way of....changin him from one ethnicticity most commonly known and built an entire history off of to another just to bankroll or cause comic fandom chaos.  This is why the whole letting other companies get rights to your stuff fails at times. Marvel needs to get them damn rights back and keep them!

Ok i want to see more black superheroes other than just Black Panther, we have plenty that can get some spotlight. But to change someone to a whole nother ethnicticity to say well ya put one in......GTFOH ! I dont care if the flick does well....its still stupid......and yes its demoralizing In some areas depending on your own outlook of it.

Oh and the whole Twilight Fantastic 4 teen vibe look....GTFOH with that too. Change can be a good thing and can be a bad thing. Somethings just shoukdnt be messed with unless ya gonna do it justice for the sake of not just earning money ( yes thats always the main point tho. Lol ) but if going off already laid material i always think it shoukd be done well within that materials works. Some spins are cool but dont go total overboard.

Yeah Doom is a hacker......Fox.....GTFOH says the hobo. Repect is lost on that . \-/o

I only will give this a free pass if this is based on some Ultimate universe version. Other than that...it can kick cinderblocks barefooted! 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:06:18 AM by C.R.O.M - Hobo King Lando »

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
I think what makes this so difficult is we don't have all the details. We don't really know what went down in Fox studios to change the human torch. We don't truly know if this is strictly political or if Jordan was the best pick for their vision and he happened to be black. Sadly we will probably never know.
Us comic fans know that Johnny is white... But imagine all the people who don't know and won't make a difference for them. It's important to us because we know the material and take the littlest changes as them saying the material we love isn't good enough.
Pretty much, let's try not to assume too much for now. ;)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Imma try not to assume real hard Twin from what i do know now of it....but i will be side eyeing fox the whole time waiting to see what is really gonna go down with this flick. Better blow my dang mind i tell ya. Lol

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 17, 2024, 09:01:36 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »
I think what makes this so difficult is we don't have all the details. We don't really know what went down in Fox studios to change the human torch. We don't truly know if this is strictly political or if Jordan was the best pick for their vision and he happened to be black. Sadly we will probably never know.
Us comic fans know that Johnny is white... But imagine all the people who don't know and won't make a difference for them. It's important to us because we know the material and take the littlest changes as them saying the material we love isn't good enough.
Pretty much, let's try not to assume too much for now. ;)
Its nothing but click bait as i sad b4. Look at us now talking about it. Do you think we are the only ones. To be frank i would have not every paid the movie any mind if it wasn't  for johnny being black. Here are the reason;

F4 are not that reverent these days and are pretty lame compared to all the other options out there these days.

&

The History fox has had with it Marvel movies. One movie can't save a ship, "Days of FP", and   "Wolve2" doesnt count because people are sick of him like batman but they do make money.

Thats all it is, click bait. I wouldn't even see the movie if it wasn't for black johnny and i am not paying to see it. Fox doesn't deserve my money. At the end of the day that's why these thing are shoehorned, because it is click bait. People love negativity, controversy, and using these as a ploy its a great way to help draw sales.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
Let's be realistic, they are going to make 2 movies out of this version and then in about 9 years marvel will end up back with the right to Fantastic 4...
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 08:11:57 PM »
Let's be realistic, they are going to make 2 movies out of this version and then in about 9 years marvel will end up back with the right to Fantastic 4...

XD|| I hope so, but maybe sooner, doom, Galactus and silver surfer need to join as antagonists in avengers

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 10:02:47 AM »
Black Human Torch - I honestly hate when they change the ethnic group. Seriously, I'm not racist (I'd hate if someone like Storm ended up white), but having this forced change of such a famous character. If they want good black characters, then give attention to the ones they already have, like Black Panther.

^^(PM)^

I totally agree. Why change a such beloved characters race when they could easily concentrate on other awesome black characters. I'm still waiting for Michael Jai White to play Luke Cage in a Heroes For Hire movie. I think Kerry Washington could be a good choice for Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel... Idris Elba as John Stewart/Green Lantern... even Michael B. Jordan properly cast as Cyborg in a live action Teen Titans film. There are plenty of good black Super Heroes... Hollywood is just filled to the brim with idiots and there BS!!!

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 10:26:45 AM »
Michael B. Jordan properly cast as Cyborg in a live action Teen Titans film.
did you know he ALREADY played Cyborg once? he was cyborg in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (a beefed out, upgraded as hell Cyborg to be precise) so he already has experience playing him.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »
He was cyborg in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (a beefed out, upgraded as hell Cyborg to be precise)
You forgot "with an ugly design like every male (and a few females) in that horrid film"

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal