collapse

Author Topic: What should be consider a new character or an update?  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 19, 2024, 05:28:14 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: What should be consider a new character or an update?
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:46 PM »
Yeah a few years ago he was a team member, but ended up leaving, if he still has a sig, well that's his prerogative, we can't tell anyone not to hand in their sig like a badge or something, many people have sigs for multiple sites, we aren't the police, anyways i feel your taking this a bit strongly regarding the site, as if mmv was promoting his behaviour

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 03:09:44 PM »
he has a point verz, you're making it sound like MMV as a whole is to blame. I know it's not your intention at all to make it sound like that, it just ended up like that. Be mad at the person, not the enviroment around him hehe

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
rise above the petty humans and become HOBO SUPERIOR!!!!!

(hobos rule)
Exactly!!!!  >:D

Ok i am on topic. Lol.
1. Verz...that electro is a new character/version... Even a hobo can see that it is. Point blank and awesome job you and loganir done.

2. Sprite theft....i hate it! Asking permission to use someones hard work they done is easy to do, if they say no then respect their wishes!  If you wanna sprite something....craptons of opensource sprite rips to franken or whatever to create what ya want. Thats what spriters do.....sprite it, hand drawn conversion sprite it, edit existing rips bases and if permission granted....use base to edit. Artistry respect should be a key factor and respect the artist wishes. Period.

3. Site propaganda. .....everywhere has it weirdos, naysayers and the like. Some seem to have an abundance more than others. I go wherever i feel like going and i have friends everywhere i go. Hobo rule is to travel but i tend to favor certain spots more than others and engage with the community of the site more actively. Here is home....to me but i got apartments all over. Ok i sleep in there back yards next to trash cans. Lol.  Mfg has its eyesores and share of trolls like other spots do.Maybe tho more than others but still.  Go where you feel the most comfy and where you find the best help, friends and likewise shared thoughts and even healthy debates without throwing tons of shade on your works and your being. That is a given.

4. Mugen is free, creating your version of a company character used in free mugen is free ( unless company says no then...no) community wise we shoukd respect each other as artists and respect those who allow us to use their original stuff. and No everything on the net is not free....thats why they created paypal .  :P

5. My post was long and i am supposed to be on a long hiatus to work on my own stuff which is a lot of hand drawn work, oixel graphical works, cel shading lessons, codin lessons for mugen and other engines. But i seen this and i couldnt help but jump in and say somethin. VERZ...my bro and cool homie. ..dont let jerks sway you from doing what you love to do but do what you want in your decision because you chose it and not those folks pushin you there. In the end its still your choice. You shine bright as sun bro all the time, keep shining brighter!   ::salute::

Ok o ilu bro you keep makjn good zinger lines i am gonna be rich using them for my new stand up comedy act! Monkeys throwin shyt in faces at the zoo and people lovin it..... #USINGIT!   XD||  lol

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 05:42:48 PM »
ok, let me talk about something which had really, really had pissed me off.

I got a report from Volzilla complaining about this topic, kinda like I knew he would do:

not reporting this poster or reply. more the tone of what he showed is being implied by another. and in the past you all had a rule about bringing other forum drama to your place. the bulk of this topic is that and has no bearing on the original post

While I like him (he is a good person), Volzilla has the habit to get sensitive with things very easily and report anything that he doesn't likes, even if what he is reporting is not right. He did this tons of times, If I remember well, at MFG, complaining - most of times - about how people handle MMV creations there. Guild is known for being too harsh sometimes, but MMV is very well known for having some...quality questionable content. If you guys keep doing it, will just fuel this more and more.

We had a rule of not bringing drama from other foruns to here, but this is not the case. So the topic will still stay here. And I really hope that Arch won't buy this thing - I am deadly serious about this. Volzilla can do whatever he wants to at his turf, but not here.

I don't think you realise how Ax works, there is no speaking to him about "not using others works" he firmly believes that EVERYTHING is open source, some people can't and won't change their minds

Many people don't realize how Ax work. Ax is a just a Freaking Fanatic who said that would "I'm gonna sell everything I own, including my computer/Laptop and I may also be leaving my family"
http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t3614-ax-is-quitting-for-yhwh

Then, suddenly and as I said he would do, he had returned out of nowhere of his "spiritual jorney" and returned to Mugen. He is just a big attention whore, sorry to be rude. I am atheist and I respect the other people faith, but those fanatics really freaks me out. And we had a recent example of what a fanatic can do...

If at least Ax would turn your Cyclops into something good...but no, as all of his creations, it would be pretty bad. And people keeps babysiting him...

you cannot judge a forum based on a few bad posters, who don't want to change to anyone elses thinking, or simply throw blame at a site for public posting
Saddly, you can. The "Whole" is judged by "parts".

the best way to deal with ax? dont. dont bother with him at all. if he wont change, you cant force him. the best way is to just not give any attention to him, think about him or see his sprites.
This is half true. That depends of the forum rules. If the forum rules prohibits it, the user should be warned, muted or banned, depends of the situation.

Administrators should do more about this things and this is not the first time this happens but for some reason it keeps happening at multiverse.
Its Administrators fault. Sorry to be honest.

@Verz: saddly, this is how mugen works for today. An how the internet works. Once you release something publically, you have no control over it anymore. I don't think its right, but its true. Mugen would lose way more if loses Verz than loses Ax, and it would be a shame.

But, at the end, You would be penalizing not the thief, but yourself. because you would stop working with something you like.

Monkeys throwin shyt in faces at the zoo and people lovin it....
hahahahahahahahahaha

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
 i really dont have nothing against multiverse and the proof is that i decided to open up a topic there and start showing my work.. also there are cool guys there and good potential too but then you got the other stuff happening and you ask your self, why this keep going.. if i own a site and i see problems i get to the one that start and try to reason if he dont then i ban him or she.. end of the problem... also in this hobby its good to point people in the right direction..

and ilu thanks your your points man.. im not trying to penalize anybody for this..but i feel like have to speak up when something bothers me.. its like i said before, i try to get along with everybody.. i try to do whats right all the time i can because thats what i been shown and the way i was raised. we all should be trying to be more united with this hobby but i see this last years have been tuff and more and more you see this actions. but again i hate to say this, but if you dont want to considered part of something, dont associate yourself with that.. thats why i try to mind my business and dont get involved with people that like to do this things..

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »
ok, let me talk about something which had really, really had pissed me off.

I got a report from Volzilla complaining about this topic, kinda like I knew he would do:

While I like him (he is a good person), Volzilla has the habit to get sensitive with things very easily and report anything that he doesn't likes, even if what he is reporting is not right. He did this tons of times, If I remember well, at MFG, complaining - most of times - about how people handle MMV creations there. Guild is known for being too harsh sometimes, but MMV is very well known for having some...quality questionable content. If you guys keep doing it, will just fuel this more and more.

We had a rule of not bringing drama from other foruns to here, but this is not the case. So the topic will still stay here. And I really hope that Arch won't buy this thing - I am deadly serious about this. Volzilla can do whatever he wants to at his turf, but not here.

yeah same thing with me. pm's and stuff. he's not bad or anything no, but he pm'ed me alot, so that's how out of hand this his gotten. volzilla is seriously convinced you haz a agenda against da mmv yo.

@verz, i know you don't hate mmv or anything or wanna penalize it, which is why i let you speak all of your opinions about this whole topic and get your steam off. now should be a good time to let you know verz, you just CAN'T get along with everyone. it's life. it's how mugen is nowadays. that's why we ignore all the crap and keep on pushing forward. just let it go this time verz. i personally have nothing against ax, but nothing he does ever ends up being good for all. don't mind it anymore verz, just ignore it and keep pushing forward. look at O, he knows MUGEN isn't a united, nice place for all, yet he's stayed in MUGEN for 15 damn years. Because he knows that MUGEN will continue to grow, but only if its users will grow along with it and ignore all the crap, and just, move on.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
 im moving on bro, thanks for the words.. i hope things change in the future.. we all have the right to be mad and say and do things when we get pissed off. but yeah its better to ignore this things and see what happens. for now im going to put my head on another thing and rest, cus im not feeling mugen this days..

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »
thats good man, just rest and take it easy

@z0x dont start this bulls***

you may have deleted BOTH of your stupid posts but i know what you said. why do you have to be like this. first MFG now this? cmon man.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »
dont mind that guy bro, he has a bipolar disorder.. :cool

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
I do not tolerate telling someone to kill themeselves, that is just ban-worthy to me.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 11:21:40 PM »
@O'ilu: Wise words man, you are like the Hulk Hogan of MUGEN... one of the last surviving legends (hope you are not bald)

@Verz: I'm sorry mate but drama has followed you from the start, why? because you are that damn good amigo! you set the bar and what happens to the best? the rest imitate and follow them, honestly dude don't take it to heart you will NEVER lose credit over your work its yours and forever, do you see yourself as a 45 year old checking forums for juniors using your work???

I respect your exile, however now all the Dragons and all the Unlimited are gone...

Who would've one little game could cause so much emotion...

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »
you should take this to actually motivate you even more instead, push yourself to do even better work, so that everybody will know its YOUR work no matter who uses it.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:41 AM »
you should take this to actually motivate you even more instead, push yourself to do even better work, so that everybody will know its YOUR work no matter who uses it.

^^(PM)^ this is good advice, right here
i hope you don't think anyone like me or anyone else at mmv or anywhere
thinks ill of you, just coz of where our log ins are
i know of a lot of creators here and there, that look up to you, and other mugen legends, we've all run into some drama too, its important to punch though it, and persist by survival through our work, don't let naysayers, and rip offs turn you into a villain, or persuade you to turn away
keep on keeping on

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:54 AM »
volzilla is seriously convinced you haz a agenda against da mmv yo.
Me or Verz? In my case, it will be a waste of energy.

dont mind that guy bro, he has a bipolar disorder..
I do not tolerate telling someone to kill themeselves, that is just ban-worthy to me.
No, if he can't live in community with others because he has some disorder, he should stay at home. That was post is not acceptable. I've gave him a warn and brought this issue to the admin area, so we can talk about it.

look at O, he knows MUGEN isn't a united, nice place for all, yet he's stayed in MUGEN for 15 damn years. Because he knows that MUGEN will continue to grow, but only if its users will grow along with it and ignore all the crap, and just, move on.
I am just still here thanks to the same thing I said to Verz: If you quit from Mugen (or make your works private) thanks to other people, you would not be penalizing anyone but yourself.

@O'ilu: Wise words man, you are like the Hulk Hogan of MUGEN... one of the last surviving legends (hope you are not bald)
hahaah thanks but I am bald :)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 02:16:41 PM »

hahaah thanks but I am bald :)
This rumor has been circulating  in the hobo community for qite some time.....O ilu confirms! Now i just need to sit by his trashcans a lil longer and catch a pic and its real proof...no more unicorn! lol

Yeah Verz bro you got a lot of support bruh. Stick to your guns and pay the idiots no mind. Yeah they can get under ya collar sometimes but in the end, your on top of your game and we luvs ya bro for who your are and how awesome you are as a person and a creator. :thumbsup:

Hobonomics sun!  XD||

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 02:26:22 PM »
This rumor has been circulating  in the hobo community for qite some time.....O ilu confirms! Now i just need to sit by his trashcans a lil longer and catch a pic and its real proof...no more unicorn!
hahaahaha. Thinks like Kratos - bald with a long goatee, like bigger than my own hand :)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
uncle O for Mayor, then uncle O for President,

:o HOBO WHAT!!!
Uncle O for GOD (of war that is)
all hail  ^:)^ to the destruction to the army of balllickers

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »
Uncle O for GOD
Since I don't believe in gods, if I were promoted to a god I...would disappear? lol

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2015, 06:26:42 PM »
  let me see where to start here...

to answer a few questions and get some things straight, ill be more open about some things.. lets see if we can agree and understand somethings here..

ok, about volz and multiverse. i dont really have an agenda or hate any of them there. i didnt want to write this things but i think in a way its better to let the community see some things so that there wont be any misunderstanding. i decided to post my work there to support that website, the same thing i did at others.. i think as a creator in this hobby we should support the different websites and help keep them active. this helps us grow as a community. but i do see a lot of wrong things that i have not said anything about. their so called rules, i dont go with that and ill explain why. first lets get something clear here, nobody in this hobby is a president or judge to make rules that everybody should follow. so what i mean is this, the mugen guild made some rules about use of sprites but that dont mean we have to follow that. it dont mean other sites have to follow that. i look at the guild like a place where a lot of artist are more into other types or characters. here at imt, crusadercast and multiverse to name a few, people are more into comic characters you know, marvel, dc.. in the comicbook mugen community we as a whole kinda know each one and we keep it cool between us and we respect others work and we got that if you want to call it, rule that we dont take the work from other fellow spriters. so volz say that they follow the guild rules so people that go there are free to do what they want. so what happens, this guys think this is ok with other people and forums. so when they start going to other forums that do respect , people call them out and then a big drama start. i think us the guys that been in this hobby for a while, we should show the new guys the right direction. its what i try to do because i feel this is the right thing to do and it helps  keep people away from drama. all the guys that dedicate their free time and create characters know the work it takes and most like for others to respect their wishes and why not if we like their work.. this so called rules are the perfect excuse for those that want to take shortcuts but this brings drama. there are creators that are open source but there are others that are not, simple. and those of us that are not, if we see others using our work, we are going to speak up and try to reason, we will try to go to the admins and seek help with the issue. think about it, the more we support our fellow spriters and creators, the more we going to grown and the better it will be which will mean more creations. but if we dont respect it will kill the mood and drive us to retirement.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2015, 06:27:21 PM »
hobo's would pray to the god of war

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 06:42:38 PM »
Well spoken on Verz bro. I understand and agree with ya. Thats why i think we are all in this hobby should respect each other. Even tho its always some trolls and bad folks out there , i try to focus on the positive folks who give me many things to think about, do different , help show me to improve and support. Especially to us that are new who need it and a core foundation with great communication  goes a long well way into all aspects.  I just hope the community grows and gets better.

And speaking of o ilu and kratos...... your banner for Mugen Prez sir!
(click to show/hide)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »
hahahha I almost had spit my Coke here, hahaha

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
well said verz. the same thing goes for me.
 i mean, i'm creating sprites from scratch, no base, no frankenspriting or anything and im using only a damn laptop trackpad. now you COULD steal my sprites and use them however you want, i dont have the power to stop that from happening, HOWEVER, people will not approve from what you are doing and will look down upon you. you will lose alot of respect and credibillity in the process, because if you can't even be a decent human being and give respect to all the time we use in life by creating all the frames, why should we give you respect? why should we ever trust you and ever pay attention to what you are doing? why should we care about your creations if you steal from ours? its all up to you to make the choice, to respect and keep respect? or disregard respect and lose respect for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:33:34 AM by manluis »

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 11:49:01 AM »
Hmmm I wouldn't waste your breath on people that don't care verz.  Bottom line is there are a lot of people that strive on drama.  Being in Mugen as long as i have i have seen a lot of shady crap but for every shady person there are great people that will respect your wishes.  You can't waste your breath on people like that because they will use what you say, twist it around and start more drama.  The best thing to do is ignore it move on and create.  The same thing happened to Xfields with his Catwoman wip someone stole all her whip moves off of a youtube video before she was even released, but he still released her and made her better than anything the they could have done.  People are shady and will steal.  Just stay positive ignore/avoid drama and places of drama all together and have fun.  After all hobbies are supposed to be fun and relaxing.  BTW Great job on your character he is def a new char all together.
*Note Soon

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 09:54:19 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
well it looks good but one problem hes using a base thats not his

I mean he would have use mvc Cyclops maybe but using a cyclops from 2 great legends that put there blood sweat & tears in it thats plain wrong,verz u are one of the coolest creators I ever known same with loganir dont let anything stop u from doing wat u love best.

and dont throw ur rep away for b.s. b/c it so not worth it  :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal