collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 132986 times)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #475 on: January 27, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »
Absolutely,  I already have an idea of what caused the clone in the first place.  i just need to look into it when i get home from work.

Maybe i was a little hard on myself, i guess without playing it how do we discover the bugs.  They seem to happen at random.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 03:42:49 PM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:58 PM »
I've noticed something about Hayato... Every sprites he has has the dots problems that should've been overlooked. Should he be fixed in the next demo? I can adjust it if you want, though i have no idea how.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: January 28, 2015, 01:52:39 PM »
he's going to be getting new sprites eventually.  I'm going to be redrawing the sword and using cleaner sprite rips.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2015, 02:44:27 PM »
no i need to be more diligent,  If i want people to take this project seriously.  At this point i shouldn't have clones appearing anymore.
Don't go that hard in yourself. That bug is stupid but is very easy to be forgotten. It happens to me everytime :)

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2015, 12:23:43 AM »
since i consider this an update to the roster of the game i'll just move this here
I guess I'll start a W.I.P topic for my sprite progress then.

Resident Evil 1 Chris will be joining the roster....sometime in the future. I literally just started spriting his stance and crouching anims, like right now. He most likely will not be part of the launch roster and will be probably added in a future update to the game. He will play differently than UMVC3 Chris

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2015, 12:55:15 AM »
I found the clean sprite sheets without the dots for Hayato. Should i PM you, Beximus?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2015, 04:54:19 AM »
Sure! please do.  Thank you for finding them

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »
The new training stage is looking nice, you might consider animating the lights on the floor
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:50:00 AM by ExShadow »
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2015, 02:42:18 PM »
Yes they'll be glowing,  I had to disable the glowing because animated parallax didn't show up in the mode i was running in.  but the release version will have that effect.

infact animated parallax is going to be showing up a lot in future stages.  It's an effect ive been wanting to see for a long time.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »
Yes they'll be glowing,  I had to disable the glowing because animated parallax didn't show up in the mode i was running in.  but the release version will have that effect.

infact animated parallax is going to be showing up a lot in future stages.  It's an effect ive been wanting to see for a long time.

...and thus the transaction from M.U.G.E.N. 1.0 to M.U.G.E.N. 1.1.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »
...and thus the transaction from M.U.G.E.N. 1.0 to M.U.G.E.N. 1.1.
Animated parallax was possible way before both of those Uche, just saying
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
it wasn't built into the system yet though.

animated parallax was possible but you had to use a bit of trickery to get it accomplished.  essentially you were rapidly activating and deactivating a different floor sprite.  which would have to loop. 

you wouldn't be able to do any transition effects or change it's appearance after that it would be immovable.

now that animated parallax is supported by the engine.  i can make some really cool floor effects.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2015, 09:46:39 PM »
i uploaded a bunch of bug fixes to the game.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/beximus/Capcom%20Universe.zip

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »
Hope this does anything more of it.

Any luck for Hayato that i PM'ed you about? I forgot to mention that the background color may look the same, but it's not, because you need to readjust it somehow to not make it look bad.

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »
Suggestion for Gameplay technics.

"Mega Crash", like on Tatsunoko VS Capcom [I don't know if you see this feature before, bur if not... It's a another type of Counter, not a Variable Counter, but a single counter, who take more life and takes the player hp a little, and also, launches the enemy to wall. If you combine those two factors[Mega Crash and Baroque] you can make a lot of nice Combos. Can be a nice way to avoid grab moves and start combos with baroque red life earned with the Mega Crash attack]

Since the command on TvsC are different you can adapt the Mega Crash command to "->, MP+HK" or something similar.

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2015, 01:08:31 AM »
i uploaded a bunch of bug fixes to the game.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/beximus/Capcom%20Universe.zip
is the human shield sakura bug fixed in this release?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2015, 02:20:34 AM »
Yes,
as well as the jill's cloning.

also Urien can no longer link all his supers together. 

He can not do jupiter thunder or aegis reflector if there is already a jupiter thunder orb present.  His recovery time on jupiter thunder and aegis reflector have been increased.

Rolento can no longer spam steel rain so easily.  the animation time has been extended.

phobos no longer stands in the air if hit during the air version of the laser super.

sakura's assist damage has been fixed as well as her damage in dark mode.

lots of issues with the secondary characters have been fixed. 

Hope this does anything more of it.

Any luck for Hayato that i PM'ed you about? I forgot to mention that the background color may look the same, but it's not, because you need to readjust it somehow to not make it look bad.

Yes the spritepack will be helpful.  i intend to have the new hayato sprites in by demo3.  I'm trying to redraw the sword slashes.

Suggestion for Gameplay technics.

"Mega Crash", like on Tatsunoko VS Capcom [I don't know if you see this feature before, bur if not... It's a another type of Counter, not a Variable Counter, but a single counter, who take more life and takes the player hp a little, and also, launches the enemy to wall. If you combine those two factors[Mega Crash and Baroque] you can make a lot of nice Combos. Can be a nice way to avoid grab moves and start combos with baroque red life earned with the Mega Crash attack]

Since the command on TvsC are different you can adapt the Mega Crash command to "->, MP+HK" or something similar.

I never really liked megacrash.  though i really think MVC3 could have used one.  I dont think Capcom Universe really needs it. you can roll away when falling on the ground easily, you can only OTG one time per combo, and then there's the Dizzy.

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 15, 2018, 01:54:06 PM
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #492 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:20 AM »
Alright Bex the event went really really great. Although 3 people tried it out it seem like everyone really liked how fast the pace was for each match. I have like 3 hours of footage to go through so I'll upload to yt when I get a chance(most likely later on today but only 2 parts). Anyways the most important part of this is the feedback/bugs so here it goes:

-If you're in the air and you press back(while an attack is out, doesn't need to hit) you'll block and stay in the animation for a while. This leads to very easy and cheesy unblockable setups.

-Some characters push block(strider's) do not push the opponent away

-When a Assist is out, the camera shouldn't center itself(It's a pretty big issue cause sometimes it messes up your combo)

-DHC shouldn't auto correct to the right side(Another big issue)

-Buffering frames are WAY too long(pretty much every move in the game has an insanely long buffering frame)[ANother big issue

-Sakura/Dark Sakura have the standing jab infinite

Those are most of the issues we found tonight. I might go to the same venue friday to show it off some more. Now that I have an HDMI cable,it's much easier to show it off. I told everyone that demo 3 should be out in the summer so most are looking forwarded to that. I'll create a playlist for the offline play sessions on yt. Bex if there's anyway to add demo 3 stuff to 2.5 (or at least the build I bring to the venue) It'll make everything that much more hype. thanks again for updating the game man!

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: February 03, 2015, 07:21:25 AM »
I just tried it out, gameplay feels a bit smoother. I noticed Sakura has a standing jab infinite though.
also i don't like how the AI just stands there in singleplayer. I get why you put it like that, but still. it happens a lot more often than you think, and it interrupts the flow of the match in Arcade mode.

Edit: Traweezie just posted at the same time and pointed out most of the bugs i was gonna report  :thumbsup:

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #494 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:38 PM »
The first part is done:

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: February 03, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
Alright Bex the event went really really great. Although 3 people tried it out it seem like everyone really liked how fast the pace was for each match. I have like 3 hours of footage to go through so I'll upload to yt when I get a chance(most likely later on today but only 2 parts). Anyways the most important part of this is the feedback/bugs so here it goes:

-If you're in the air and you press back(while an attack is out, doesn't need to hit) you'll block and stay in the animation for a while. This leads to very easy and cheesy unblockable setups.

-Some characters push block(strider's) do not push the opponent away

-When a Assist is out, the camera shouldn't center itself(It's a pretty big issue cause sometimes it messes up your combo)

-DHC shouldn't auto correct to the right side(Another big issue)

-Buffering frames are WAY too long(pretty much every move in the game has an insanely long buffering frame)[ANother big issue

-Sakura/Dark Sakura have the standing jab infinite

Those are most of the issues we found tonight. I might go to the same venue friday to show it off some more. Now that I have an HDMI cable,it's much easier to show it off. I told everyone that demo 3 should be out in the summer so most are looking forwarded to that. I'll create a playlist for the offline play sessions on yt. Bex if there's anyway to add demo 3 stuff to 2.5 (or at least the build I bring to the venue) It'll make everything that much more hype. thanks again for updating the game man!

When blocking in the air, what kind of unblockable setups are happening?  I'm going to see what i can do to override the built in guard mechanics.

thought i fixed strider, i'll see what the problem with him is.

i think some characters are missing the screenbound function that prevents the camera from tracking them.  This should be easy to fix.

The buffering frame you are referring to is it the amount of time you have to do a command?  like say you slowly press d df f x and the window from start to finish of that command is too big?  Or do you mean that the window of time between doing the command in a combo and the action coming out is too big.

lol i can't believe sakura still has a jab infinite.  i'll get rid of it.

If i focus on the current build i have i can give you something soon that might not have any new characters or stages but will have the, red life, baroque, and assist selects.  The new characters ive been working on still need a lot of work done to them so that they integrate correctly with the rest of the established cast.

I just tried it out, gameplay feels a bit smoother. I noticed Sakura has a standing jab infinite though.
also i don't like how the AI just stands there in singleplayer. I get why you put it like that, but still. it happens a lot more often than you think, and it interrupts the flow of the match in Arcade mode.

Edit: Traweezie just posted at the same time and pointed out most of the bugs i was gonna report  :thumbsup:

I'm going to upload a fix to that soon.  it really was a bad side effect.

The first part is done:

I'm glad to see there wasn't anything too terrible popping up in this video.  but my god.  i didn't realize that dictator did so much damage on weaker characters,  the psycho crusher seems like it's way too strong.

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #496 on: February 03, 2015, 04:59:22 PM »
When blocking in the air, what kind of unblockable setups are happening?  I'm going to see what i can do to override the built in guard mechanics.

thought i fixed strider, i'll see what the problem with him is.

i think some characters are missing the screenbound function that prevents the camera from tracking them.  This should be easy to fix.

The buffering frame you are referring to is it the amount of time you have to do a command?  like say you slowly press d df f x and the window from start to finish of that command is too big?  Or do you mean that the window of time between doing the command in a combo and the action coming out is too big.

lol i can't believe sakura still has a jab infinite.  i'll get rid of it.

If i focus on the current build i have i can give you something soon that might not have any new characters or stages but will have the, red life, baroque, and assist selects.  The new characters ive been working on still need a lot of work done to them so that they integrate correctly with the rest of the established cast.

I'm going to upload a fix to that soon.  it really was a bad side effect.

I'm glad to see there wasn't anything too terrible popping up in this video.  but my god.  i didn't realize that dictator did so much damage on weaker characters,  the psycho crusher seems like it's way too strong.

So much yes to the update in mechanics. It'll make everything seem more legit once I upload part 3 you'll see what I mean we did it a couple times. We'll throw out an attack and if you hold back while the attack is out you'll stay in the blocking state so all they have to do it dash under and launch you which is unblockable if  the hitbox under the character. Part 2 had some lolzy matches so it's probably isn't as hype I'm uploading it now and I'll get to work on part 3. thanks again bex
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:04:28 PM by Traweezie »

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #497 on: February 03, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
and now part 2 is done. Part 3 is the longest set and the most hype so stay tuned

Edit: sorry the whole second part didn't upload for some reason so I have to reupload it
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:24:54 PM by Traweezie »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
nice video, Traweezie. But the second part doesn't plays.
(and hey, you could play my games with your friends too, huh? ;)

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »
ok now the video is actually here:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista