collapse

Author Topic: A Storm char that only controls weather  (Read 2227 times)

Offline helio

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 16, 2022, 02:17:30 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
A Storm char that only controls weather
« on: August 21, 2015, 05:30:45 AM »
I have always considered that Storm's power is "to control" the weather. She can summon a severe lighting storm but she cannot throw rays from her hands like Electro.
I think Alucard & WhiteMagic's char is great, better than the original one, with amazing hypers, but it inherits some features from the last that don't make sense to me. So, I have tried to edit Storm to fit better mi idea of her powers and I hope some of you find it interesting. The main changes are:
- No rays from hands nor wind from legs.
- New "wind gust from behind" special that replaces the "typhon".
- No hailing hyper (the idea is cool, but the hail looked like silver foil balls).

I have also permute some punch and kick anims.
I tried to add the lighting attack in flying mode but I haven't been able (maybe it's not safe to invoke a lighting when she is higher than P2).
I have tried to simplify the commands. Some are changed with respect what appears above, but all the specials and hypers may be found by the regular combination D,DF,F and D,DB,B +P/K/PP/KK. I suggest to check them in the training room.
I really hope you like this edit. Any comment is welcomed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xv1sw8v8z4nf5t/Storm.rar
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:45:00 AM by helio »

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
Re: A Storm char that only controls weather
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 03:10:40 PM »
Intriguing Ideas

Question, why not add the 'Tornado Move' from the old school 4/6 player arcade game?

Edit:
Ok, I like your idea, but there are a lot of coding and sound issues here, I've been working on my copy, but no way do I have the coding expertise to fix them all. Will there be an update?

Or an AI added?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:36:15 AM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline helio

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:51:04 AM »
Thanks for the comments, sky79.

Sorry but I have no idea what the Tornado move is.
Due to some suggestions, I will try to add  a blizzard/snowstorm hyper using the one from Buyog's Ice (if he is OK with that), but that will be the only update. I have never edit an AI and I wouldn't know how to do it. And, regarding the issues, well ..sorry, maybe some other X-men fan can do it.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:39:55 PM »
I see, so be it.

As for the move, its a simple hi-damage projectile that sends the opponent flying up into the air. 
(click to show/hide)

The snowstorm idea sounds like fun, suggestion? It can be a more power version of that thunderstorm move you already have, it should also make use of the 'Frozen' sprites many have.

I've already fixed the sound issue the thunderstorm move had if you're interested.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:19:00 PM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline helio

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 11:10:16 AM »
Well, sorry for the delay (in case anyone was waiting for it).
I have finally updated this edit using the blizzard hyper from Buyog's Ice.
Thanks to ldpp for the idea, to sky79 for fixing sound issues and to Buyog for allowing me to use it.

Here is the new link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2qp7374umdlh74u/Storm_hailing-allowed.rar

I hope you like it.

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 11:59:02 AM »
Hey...
Well x-men vs street fighter is my favorite game ever, but think about the following
Storm is Immune to her own powers, so she could receive a lighting bold and  use the body to focus and direction of the attack.
i think thats what capcom meant to do about

same with tornados, she used the tornados once to make her body dry after shower, so  if she can use it controlled like that, she could use the legs to focus it and give it the right direction, once a tornado would go upside, could neve be done against the opponent (tornados must have a vortice down on the floor)

but for typhoon you're totally right, she couldn't create weather in her hands
You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline Ingonyama

• Last Login:July 11, 2020, 04:22:45 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 06:59:52 PM »
The ability to project elemental forces (lightning, wind, etc) from her body are powers Storm has demonstrated from the beginning of her X-Men career, way back in 1975. It's only the original (2000-2006) movie version that is unable to do so, and even then she developed the ability in Days of Future Past.

This idea is interesting, but not really accurate to her character. Though I have always wanted a "gusting" special attack that repelled enemies.

Offline helio

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 05:19:39 AM »
Thanks for the comments.

I know this edit of Storm might not be comic accurate. But, for some characters, I have developed a personal idea of what powers I'd like they to have.
For example, I'm totally against the concept of second mutations on X-men. For me, super-powers are a very rare mutations, which is not likely to occur at all. Therefore, more than one super-power mutation in the same subject should be virtualy impossible. Then, I deny Wolverine's bone claws or White queen's diamond form. I know it appear on comics but are ideas I don't like and I wouldn't have wrote if I were comic writer, so I try to ignore them.
In a similar way, I choose to see comic book characters with a more realistic view, accepting super-powers but limiting them. In that personal view, Storm could control atmospheric weather but couldn't throw lighting rays or mini-tornados from her body. It is just how I'd like she to be. I thought someone might found it interesting too, but I know it isn't the most accurate version of the character.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »
In that personal view, Storm could control atmospheric weather but couldn't throw lighting rays or mini-tornados from her body.
In fact, she can

Storm possesses the psionic ability to control all forms of Weather Manipulation. She has been able to control both Earthly and extraterrestrial ecosystems on several occasions. She can modify the temperature of the environment, control all forms of precipitation, humidity and moisture (at a molecular level) [54], generate lightning and other electromagnetic atmospheric phenomena, and has demonstrated excellent control over atmospheric pressure. She can incite all forms of meteorological tempests, such as tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards, and hurricanes,[55] as well as mist. She can dissipate such weather to form clear skies as well.

She controls thunders in electromagnetic way. Like Thor doesn't needs the hammer to call or unleash thunders (he just uses the hammer to channel it), Storm doesn't depends of the atmosphere to do it.

Plus,
Naturally Occurring Limitation: Storm respects the natural boundaries of the planet's biosphere, and manipulates weather patterns as they naturally exist. For example, she could end a drought in one area by creating torrential rains there, but that would necessitate robbing all available moisture from the surrounding area. (In contrast, Thor, whose weather affecting ability is magical, can change the weather in one area without disrupting existing weather patterns anywhere else). Storm does not typically create atmospheric conditions that cannot exist naturally on the planet she is on. She could not, for example, lower temperatures as far as absolute zero or raise them to solar intensities. However, when the situation has called for it, Ororo has created natural and unnatural phenomena which do not exist on Earth, such as Jovian atmospheric pressure, a massive tornado that reaches to the upper atmosphere of the planet, or when she superheated plasma.

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
I'm noticing the sprites you had me make for her hair are missing
Keep Mugen Free

Tags: storm 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista