collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe - DEMO 2  (Read 21643 times)

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe - DEMO 2
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »

I just made two playthroughs of it.

Offline MGMURROW

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 18, 2022, 06:04:45 PM
    • MGMURROW
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »
Unfortunately this is a problem that comes with a character depending on their partner for all their commands.  If the on point character is facing the opposite direction your commands become reversed.  I've been trying to figure out a work around and i think a solution is near.  In the mean time I've done everything i can to reduce this problem.

Bex, i havent figured out how to correct this either but if you find a solution please let me know.

also i was using two chun's and i tagged out while doing an air combo. she did her tag out taunt in the air then tagged out. i remember having this ploblem and will look into how i fixed it and let you know

Loving the progress

MGMURROW

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »

I just made two playthroughs of it.

Thank you for the videos M.  They highlighted a few errors with the A.I. that i quickly fixed.

Unfortunately this is a problem that comes with a character depending on their partner for all their commands.  If the on point character is facing the opposite direction your commands become reversed.  I've been trying to figure out a work around and i think a solution is near.  In the mean time I've done everything i can to reduce this problem.

Bex, i havent figured out how to correct this either but if you find a solution please let me know.

also i was using two chun's and i tagged out while doing an air combo. she did her tag out taunt in the air then tagged out. i remember having this ploblem and will look into how i fixed it and let you know

Loving the progress

MGMURROW

Fixed the Chun Li air tag out.  I checked everyone else to make sure it was just her.

I'll keep you updated on the solution for the reversed commands. :)

By the way has anyone had any trouble with Rolento.  I havent heard anything about him yet.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »
Thank you for the videos M.  They highlighted a few errors with the A.I. that i quickly fixed.
You're welcome, dude.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
This one is mostly characteristic: Why are M. Bison's (I, too, will not use the Japanese names, so I apologize for the confusion) Psycho Flames blue? Last time I checked, they were purple. The blue flames mismatches with the purple effects.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
The blue flames are a shared effect.  When i started making characters the first one was Rose.  I used the palette effect from SFZ3 i felt it matched the color of blue flames better than it did in the marvel series where the characters would turn purple but the fire was blue.  Later when i made ruby heart, her sublimation was also a deep blue color so i kept the palette effect the same.  Cammy also has blue flames during her attacks which will match it better. 

Dictator's effects come from SFZ3 also and i decided to keep the pallette effects the same.  Different palettes also have different colored psycho energy.

The only person who will be turning people purple will be Gouki, since his flames are always purple no matter what color you choose.

Offline MGMURROW

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:August 18, 2022, 06:04:45 PM
    • MGMURROW
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 04:41:59 PM »
Hey Bex, was playing with jill and ken and did a Team Hyper Combo that killed p2(match wasnt over). when the second team member came on the screen,jill dashed toward them but her missles were still coming from behind her from the Team Hyper Combo

hope this help

MGMURROW

Offline jwilliams08

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2024, 05:46:13 PM
  • I wish I could sprite.
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »
If you hit M. Bison/Vega during the Light Punch variant of his teleport he stands in mid-air.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 04:14:30 AM »
Bit buggy(encountered only bugs already mentioned in thread), but very nice demo, I like it :thumbsup:
May I suggest making HP for MegaRockman be his "lemons", not that powerful-looking shot? Roll does same move with QCF with same damage it's kinda unfair :'( ;*)) and projectile is very big. Shots from when he is in a transformed Beat will do, then charge to flashing blue with current HP shot(bit more powerful) and then to orange one :-??
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
Hey Bex, was playing with jill and ken and did a Team Hyper Combo that killed p2(match wasnt over). when the second team member came on the screen,jill dashed toward them but her missles were still coming from behind her from the Team Hyper Combo

hope this help

MGMURROW

FIXED,  they now explode before jill dashes back on screen.

If you hit M. Bison/Vega during the Light Punch variant of his teleport he stands in mid-air.

FIXED

Bit buggy(encountered only bugs already mentioned in thread), but very nice demo, I like it :thumbsup:
May I suggest making HP for MegaRockman be his "lemons", not that powerful-looking shot? Roll does same move with QCF with same damage it's kinda unfair :'( ;*)) and projectile is very big. Shots from when he is in a transformed Beat will do, then charge to flashing blue with current HP shot(bit more powerful) and then to orange one :-??

Thank you for the suggestion but i will be leaving Rockman the way he is.  As for roll i left her roll buster in as a formality but she really doesn't need it anymore now that she has better weapons.

That reminds me.  I forgot to mention that neither of them have the rockball anymore.  and that weapon summoning is D,D, and one of the 6 buttons or 2punch or 2kick for the last 2.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
Hey, Bexi...glad to see a new beta of the game out! Can't wait to try it out so I don't have a bug to report yet, but I do want to say something on what Uche said last. I think it would be better, character wise, if you maybe made Bison have any other colors but blue for his flames as they are a symbolization of his psycho powers. With the story being that Rose is an incarnation of all of Bison's good half, her effects, I would think, would be anything but purple. Same goes for Bison; I would think he would/could have any other colors for his effects BUT blue as he expelled all of his good spirit energy incidentally creating Rose.

Just a suggestion for back story/plot/characteristic sake.

Also, a suggestion on the title/menu screen, as it would seem that you wanted the games logo to kinda be centered but you couldn't quite make it fit (I noticed that the 'Arcade' selection is overlapping the games's logo a bit in the pic on the first post). Might I suggest to move the menu items over to the bottom-right hand side of the screen and make it a circular rotation in the corner (basically making it seem to rotate on a quarter circle in the bottom corner)...?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:39:46 AM by Megabyte »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
The Title screen will be fixed later on.  It was a low priority for the demo.  i made it back when it was still called Capcom Fighting Revolution.  the old logo wasn't quite so big.  It was also not as cool lol.

The next release will have a better title screen.

As for Rose and Dictator.  They share the same power despite being good and bad sides of each other.  I believe this is why they are the only 2 in the street fighter universe who have set people on blue fire.  I like this design aspect so I'll be sticking with it.

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 10:46:52 PM »
Great demo! I liked =D

One question... Some of this game Characters will get a individual release, like Rose, Karin and Sakura?

And Saki Omokane from Mugen History project? Will get updates?

Sorry for my bad english XD

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 09:43:56 PM »
I've uploaded the revised Demo with the bug fixes mentioned in this thread and a few extras that i found on my own.

I've also included a move list and a readme file explaining the mechanics of the game. 

The Link to the Updated demo is in the first post towards the bottom.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »
Great demo! I liked =D

One question... Some of this game Characters will get a individual release, like Rose, Karin and Sakura?

And Saki Omokane from Mugen History project? Will get updates?

Sorry for my bad english XD

No im afraid i won't be making anymore public characters except when working with a sprite artist to make a public release of a character they've been drawing.

It's too time consuming to go back and recode a character for open mugen.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »
No im afraid i won't be making anymore public characters except when working with a sprite artist to make a public release of a character they've been drawing.

It's too time consuming to go back and recode a character for open mugen.
Would you at least releas the sprites for other creators?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 11:58:24 PM »
That's not up to me.

A sprite artist can do whatever they want with their sprites.  I only ask for permission to use sprites or accept people's offers to help complete my game.

I would ask the person who drew the sprites if they intend to make them open source.

Offline EvilRock81

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 18, 2024, 09:07:58 PM
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 01:05:34 AM »
Wow!  :thumbsup: Cool Demo! Thanks man!! I do have one thing I noticed, there is no Hit sound when you tag in Tabasa.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
I've finally had the chance of playing this game, and it is really awesome!

Since you used the Card Fighters DS pictures for most characters vs portraits, why not use them for all characters?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »
some of them dont make very good vs portraits, or don't match the version of the character that's in the game.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
What is important is that some of the portraits don't fit the versus style. You may need an artist for that one, though.

Okay. They're not important.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:03:12 PM by Uche_of_IMT »
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Bidu

• Last Login:July 24, 2018, 06:43:56 PM
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »
Hi Bex.

So far, I played with Phobos and Megaman (Rockman)

Bugs and doubts:

Phobos:

His grab can't move to the other side as, for example, Megaman's grab. Is it intentional?

Plasma Beam High and Low: What's the difference between light punch, medium punch, hard punch? They all took the same damage and has the same speed. Is it intenationally? I mean, usually all "fireballs" have a difference depending the buttom pressed.

Final Guardian β: I think that the blue erasing sphere should have some sound. Whenever Phobos shots it, it's a total silence. Could it be possible to add the same sound of erasing sphere?

Plasma Beam Ω and Final Guardian β: Although both consumes only 1 bar, I believe that both super moves take the same amount of damage. Is it intentionally? I mean, personally, I think that Final Guardian  β could make more damage than the other, once it's more brutal and it's difficult to connect it, once it's necessary to have success shotting the blue erasing sphere.

Does he has only one win pose in the original game?

Megaman (Rockman)

Although I believe that in the original game it's possible to do the mega upper at air, don't you think it's weird to do get impulse from no where, in the middle of the jump, in order to do a uppercut?

I don' remember,  but in the original game, in order to shoot a mega buster, you need to charge till Megaman gets yellow or is there a middle term if I release the buttom before reaching the maximum power?

Could Thunder beam be faster or take more damage, depending if you shoot light, medium or hard punch?

Could Leif Shiel be faster or take more damege, depending if you shoot light, medium or hard punch? Plus, could it work as a barrier in case someone shoot a single "fireball" at Megaman? I believe that it would turn it to be unique.

At the air, Top Spin takes around 1 second in slow motion at the air, after the movement is finished. I think it's a little bit weird, but is it intentional?

Napalm Bomb doesn't shoot at the air. Is it intentional?

I understand that Flame Blast can't be shooted at the air, but although light, medium and harp punchs have different effects, if the enemy is hitted by the first hit of the hard punch, for example, he doesn't receive all damages of the hard move. Is it intenational?

Junk Shield doesn't shoot at the air. Is it intentional?

Tornado Hold doesn't shoot at the air. I believe that in the original game Megaman could shoot it. Is it intentiona? Plus, Tornado Hold doesn't make any damage whenever it hits the enemy.

As soon as I play with the others, I'll post here.

But, once again, I guarantee that I love your version 2 of the game and by far, it's the best Phobos and Megaman's chars that I ever played.  And I really enjoyed the weapon's system you created for Megaman!

Besides that, I missed the taunt in the start button. Do you have any plans to insert in the game?

Offline senorfro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2015, 10:30:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »
After some testing (will test some more later)

Captain Commando
- Why can I not combo after Captain Sword
- Why is Captain Storm always centered?  Because of this, I cannot combo after the move

Chun-Li
- doing a back throw makes her throw forward

Ken
- Punch Throw hit spark is on the wrong side of the screen
- Some characters, during his kick throw, will disappear during the move

Tabasa
- all versions of her LP have no sound
- Even though she has no kick throw, doing forward/back MK/HK close to an opponent does nothing, not even attack
- I feel her HK hitbox should be extended a smudge

Guy
- Kick throw is missing sounds
- Doing back kick throw still has him throw forward
- air HP and air HK are missing sounds

Dictator
- Psycho Shot can be done in the air which makes him stand on air

Jin
- Even though he has no kick throw, doing forward/back MK/HK close to an opponent does nothing, not even attack
- With his armor on, Rolento's lvl. 3 doesn't work properly
- With his armor on, for Yang's lvl. 3, if he takes the first hit then blocks the rest, the move screws up

Hugo
- Sakura's kick throw has them both freeze
-  for Yang's lvl. 3, if he takes the first hit then blocks the rest, the move screws up
- In his command list is Meat Squasher before Gigas Breaker?  I ask this as I keep getting Meat Squasher instead of the super

Also, doing a back throw seems to be harder with some characters than others.  For Rolento or Rose, it seems easy enough.  But others like Bison and C. Commando are near impossible unless its in the corner or the opponent is walking close to you

One last thing.  Any chance the stages will be released separately?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:28 PM »
FYI, it seems everyone throws forward only, no back throws in this game.

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 15, 2018, 01:54:06 PM
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
This is a pretty great game but there are a few bugs.
M. bison: jumping HK Has the wrong SFX(plays the blocked hit SFX)
Chun-li: She has no air dash
Tessa/Tabasa: She has a super easy infinite(Lp > MP> Chakura Wave(Lp or Mp)> walk forward[Repeat])
(click to show/hide)
Rose: If you hold forward while using F+HK you'll Slide forward quickly
Another rose glitch:
(click to show/hide)
More than likely I'll update this post when I find more. I only had it for about a day now.
Btw a little sample combo vid of Ingrid:

FYI, it seems everyone throws forward only, no back throws in this game.

All characters have back throws in this game
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:29:45 PM by Traweezie »

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista