collapse

Author Topic: Questions and Suggestions  (Read 35982 times)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
Re: Questions and Suggestions
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
Hm im constantly jumping around between characters, but maybe someone would want to see how a character they're particularly interested is coming a long.  I think after the demo is released all start making individual character WIP threads like for Cody, Zero, Devilot, and anyone else people may be interested in.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 11:19:05 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »
We haven't heard from you or this in a while. Is Capcom Universe sill being worked on or is real life getting in the way again?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »
Sorry that i didn't see this sooner.

I've been trying to make a special font for the VS screen one that would use a seperate color pallette for each character's portrait using SFFv2.  After working on it for quite a long time I've come to the conclusion that it isn't possible and i haven't been able to find anything online refuting it.

I've also been trying to find ways of making Rose's reflected projectiles blockable, so far i haven't been able to.  those were two major issues that had me mired in my own development hell.  At this point i'm just going to move on as it's delayed the demo quite a bit already.  I lost track of the bigger picture.  This isn't supposed to be a final product.  it's to give everyone an idea of how things are coming a long.

Offline prnzokoshiro

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2015, 12:51:10 PM
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
first off Beximus I'd like to commend you or whoever's responsible on the AI.  It could be a bit tougher and projectiles/across-the-screen defending is still a problem as with most mugen AI's but it's definitely better than the usual.  I don't have my friends over/bring my lappy to their place all the time and a couple of them refuse to play mugen (fighter scene snobs) so it's nice to have an AI that doesn't seem half-asleep.

I find this very enjoyable, my best friend really digs the lineup of SF chars (4 of his mains are in there!), for an MvC based "engine" it's got a more Alpha feel to it.  Thanks especially for including Hugo, it's me and the aforementioned friend's best char in 3rd Strike and it's good to see him with super armor and with 360 piledrive motion (good to see you didn't give in to the keyboard warriors there but too bad for them!)  Combos are on point with aerial raves easier to do (thank you, although they're simple, I struggle with the superjump timing under pressure in the official games) and it's fun to see what combos and chains are possible w/ chars like Yang and Rolento.

I didn't read through the thread so I don't know if somebody suggested it before but, you might want to ask Acey if you can use his MvC Haggar, being that you have Guy and you're soon adding original Cody (not to mention the bad guys... hey throw MvC Poison and Sodom in there too!  That would be awesome although I understand if you're going for a more dynamic roster, just sayin you already have 4 lol.)

Keep up the good work!   best mugen game release in a while, all this great KOF not enough Capcom out there!

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »
first off Beximus I'd like to commend you or whoever's responsible on the AI.  It could be a bit tougher and projectiles/across-the-screen defending is still a problem as with most mugen AI's but it's definitely better than the usual.  I don't have my friends over/bring my lappy to their place all the time and a couple of them refuse to play mugen (fighter scene snobs) so it's nice to have an AI that doesn't seem half-asleep.

I find this very enjoyable, my best friend really digs the lineup of SF chars (4 of his mains are in there!), for an MvC based "engine" it's got a more Alpha feel to it.  Thanks especially for including Hugo, it's me and the aforementioned friend's best char in 3rd Strike and it's good to see him with super armor and with 360 piledrive motion (good to see you didn't give in to the keyboard warriors there but too bad for them!)  Combos are on point with aerial raves easier to do (thank you, although they're simple, I struggle with the superjump timing under pressure in the official games) and it's fun to see what combos and chains are possible w/ chars like Yang and Rolento.

I didn't read through the thread so I don't know if somebody suggested it before but, you might want to ask Acey if you can use his MvC Haggar, being that you have Guy and you're soon adding original Cody (not to mention the bad guys... hey throw MvC Poison and Sodom in there too!  That would be awesome although I understand if you're going for a more dynamic roster, just sayin you already have 4 lol.)

Keep up the good work!   best mugen game release in a while, all this great KOF not enough Capcom out there!

Thank you very much for your feedback.  My goal is to make something that people will want to play with friends, so hearing that you and your friend are playing the game and actually enjoying it makes me very happy.

I did actually code the A.I. myself and it was my first real attempt at it.  I wanted to find a level of difficulty that wasn't ungodly but was still challenging.  As i continue to make more characters i can figure out more ways to get them to fight back a harder.  1 thing you might notice with the A.I. is that when fighting against rose she'll know when to reflect projectiles and supers.  That was kind of a hard one to figure out since the distance of the opponent would have to be calculated before she would reflect.

Perhaps the game has a more alpha feel due to the commands used for safe rolling and counter attacks.  I did base those commands off of alpha 3.  Some purists may not like that but i felt the B,DB,D command for a safe roll wasn't really necessary and i needed to reduce the number of commands being used.  Mugen only gives you so many different command names that you can have and everyone has to share everyone elses commands so they can work together as partners.

I really like Hugo also and i thought he'd be a perfect candidate to include in the Demo to represent a grappler who hasn't been in a marvel setting previously.  I had at one point considered removing 360 commands and making them half circles,  but i later changed my mind when i realized people could play this game with usb controllers or maybe even fightstick.  Also as crazy as this sounds i can do 720's on the arrow keys when im using kawaks.  for the longest time i had no controller to plug into my computer so i had to learn it. 

not too long ago i realized that the timing of aerial raves can get kinda tricky with some characters in the original vs games.  especially when they would launch them really high like gambit.  I tried to keep the aerial raves easier to do so that you can connect all 4 basic attacks before finishing the combo the only person that I consistently had trouble with was Rolento because of his awkward Jumping LK

I have good news for you regarding your character suggestions.  I fully intend to include Haggar Sodom and Poison in the game.  that way there will be 4 good guys and 4 badguys from the final fight series.

Thank you for your support, I'll continue to do my best.

Offline prnzokoshiro

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2013, 03:31:05 AM »
  Also as crazy as this sounds i can do 720's on the arrow keys when im using kawaks.  for the longest time i had no controller to plug into my computer so i had to learn it. 

funny you say that, cuz before I had pad and then fightstick available for my PC I was doing 720's on keyboard on 3rd strike on the (now defunct, guess it's Supercade now) 2DF, and otherwise 360's on that and kawaks (I couldn't get a 720 out fast enough for anything but 3S because of the lax timing so  ^:)^ if you could do it that quick on other games!)

Offline Rhykross

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 26, 2019, 09:43:12 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • dr_minami
    • Skype - Rhykross
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
I think that this game will be one of the best this year, but I want to make several things with respect of the users, since I'm new to this great forum.

It is true that there are quite a few characters from Street Fighter. But I don't want to forget to IBUKI

Be very well that there are many characters from Street Fighter and I saw that they added to KARIN and HIRYU. Its aerial combos excellent I think that Ibuki who is very good in this field would be good to compete with the great characters of this space.

I see that the game is much better in terms of the dynamic combos and this helps a lot to make good combinations.

I ask as request including Ibuki.
As a big fan of it I ask with respect and hope to achieve it to include.

I leave my web site so they show my appreciation by IBUKI.
Thanks a lot.

http://rhykross.deviantart.com/

It only remains for me to say that I'll wait for this game with many desires.

Offline prnzokoshiro

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:17 AM »
I don't know if anyone asked this already, but where's Urien's CH D, U, P?  did you feel it was unnecessary for MvC style (in which case you could've increased the range/changed the arc, you could have it pop up for a rave) lol just wonderin.

Offline TunebaGamer

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2019, 02:00:35 PM
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2013, 07:54:47 AM »
Hello All.
I have a question:
I want to know how I can show in the simul (2x2 mode) the portraits like in the project, that in the Versus Screen have 2 places for Player 1 chars and 2 places for Player 2 chars. I want to know, how Can I do this?
And if its possible in the "Select Screen"... this will be awesome! Sorry for my english.

Thanks!  :)

Offline Dragon of Courage

• Longtime M.U.G.E.N. Enthusiast
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 07, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2013, 06:50:09 PM »
You can't have a Capcom game without RYU... any plans to add him?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »
You do realize that this is a demo, right?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2013, 08:32:14 AM »
Besides, where exactly is this "rule" written?

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2013, 09:04:48 AM »
Besides, where exactly is this "rule" written?
Yeah, I hate that rule from the bottom of my heart. I hate those kind of rules...
Its the same when there is a new Capcom related game...NO MEGAMAN? CRAPCOM SUCKS SCREW YOU and all that bulls***.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
 :D doesnt matter to me if Ryu is in or not. i play it when its done for whoever is in the roster.  I have heard this "unwritten" rule for some time now.  I dont have a crapton of characters that i been told would be must have like Bleach or DBZ characters or omfg naruto himself...( i got another dude from there in tho instead...cause i think he the best suited lol ) . things is even tho Ryus is a flagship fighter character doesnt mean he has to be in anything fighting related to capcom cause there are plenty of other characters that never get their shine and due.  I got Ryu but my version but still Ryu does need a break sometimes and let others have at it.  :thumbsup:

my food for thought. ::salute::

Offline Omega85

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 01, 2020, 03:57:51 PM
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »
I think that any good character wich is created by capcom can be included in a Capcom game. With that, Capcom can actually make more of it's character become populair really. Ryu is Capcom's character. Same for Megaman. Even Lou from Three Wonders could be a mascot.

A company has to see every of it's character's as his kid. Why? Because those fanboys only want and ask but, flame in return if something they want isn't in. So a company shouldn't actually use the most well known characters only. They should also choose for the right character that could be the right mascot. It doesn't have to be Ryu or Megaman all the time. They keep doing this for money since they believe that more people will buy it, but, that can become a mistake.

Some people say that they are Capcom's fan but, only like Ryu and Megaman out of all. The main question becomes, "what type of fanboy are you if you only like Ryu and Megaman out of all Capcom game titles?"

Fanboys without any perspective are just talkers. They sit and wait for companies to make games for their needs. And a company isn't a company if it just sticks with one character without giving more room for more.

Enough of that really.

Beximus, how are you doing? Do you need any support with music like we were talking before?

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
You know, this thing of having Ryu in all Capcom crossovers is so boring. Ryu was never this cool for me, specially because after many other shoto-type characters, he became just another shoto, even if he is a classic. About Megaman, well, everyone liked Zero better in Megaman X, but when Zero took Megaman's spot at MvC3 a lot of people complained, who can understand these fans?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2013, 03:06:28 PM »
You can't have a Capcom game without RYU... any plans to add him?

Yeah he's in the game i was just trying to shake things up a bit by putting Ken in the Demo first.  Ryu is the first person in this video if you'd like to take a look.

Beximus, how are you doing? Do you need any support with music like we were talking before?

Thank you for the offer but, I'm still set on the soundtrack i picked out for the game. 

You know, this thing of having Ryu in all Capcom crossovers is so boring. Ryu was never this cool for me, specially because after many other shoto-type characters, he became just another shoto, even if he is a classic. About Megaman, well, everyone liked Zero better in Megaman X, but when Zero took Megaman's spot at MvC3 a lot of people complained, who can understand these fans?

Ryu in streetfighter games is definately like toast without butter but i think in the marvel games he's pretty interesting.  I think the designers of UMVC3 felt the same way about his plainness and tried to make him more interesting.  They did make him more interesting but he also felt not much like Ryu anymore in my opinion.  the big three shoto's are gonna be as they were in MVC2

With the roster being as big as it is im hoping people will find atleast 2 characters they really like.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
I don't know if this is asked, but..
  • Are you planning to port Capcom Universe: Nexus of Heroes into M.U.G.E.N. 1.1?
  • If the answer is "Yes", then what features of M.U.G.E.N. 1.1 are you going to take advantage of?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:11:52 AM by Uche_of_IMT »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
Yes im definately moving to 1.1 

The feature im most excited for in 1.1 is animated parallax for stages.  Parallax is a nice effect but prior to 1.1 you had to add a lot of complicated coding to make it appear animated and you couldnt do much with it.  Also being able to modify a sprite directly through the animation file such as rotation or scaling is pretty nice.  Projectiles having their own pallettes so they dont inherit palfx from the parent is nice too.

RGB sprite support will be great for the vs screen seeing as how the 2nd characters portrait has to be a font.  one thing im not happy about is that the character lifebar portrait is no longer affected by pal fx.  this gives me something else to have to work around.

I'm still hoping that down the line we'll get Netplay integrated into the official mugen engine.

Offline WizzyWhipitWonderful

• Contributor
  • Last Login:October 29, 2023, 03:28:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »
Hey Bex, what made you use the "alpha" versions of Ryu, Ken, and Akuma?

The CVS versions seem more height appropriate for your project...

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »
A couple of reasons,

One is that i like CPS2 sprites, I like the look capcom games had in the late 90's.  Another reason is that it's also more convenient to use them because all the marvel effects are designed around those sprites.  For example the images of their hands in the fireballs, the electricity that surges around their body during shinku hadouken, or messatsu gou hadou.

Offline DarkWolf13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 22, 2015, 11:19:17 PM
  • Beware of the Dark Wolf!
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
To say the least, I'd say most of the characters should have CPS2 sprites. MvC1 strikers such as Ton Pooh, U.S Agent and Unknown Soldier P1 had sprites in that style... including Jubilee. That brings me this question... in the game are we forced to play the character by their Japanese names? I'm just asking because the characters on the screenshots have their Japanese names like Phobos (Huitzil), Tabasa (Tessa).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:04:10 PM by DarkWolf13 »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
Yes, they are retaining their original names.

Offline DarkWolf13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 22, 2015, 11:19:17 PM
  • Beware of the Dark Wolf!
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »
Oh, OK, then. I look forward for more additions to this game. Haven't tried it yet, just waiting for the full release. Best of luck. I'd definitely like to see Talbain and Hsien-Ko in this.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:10:38 PM by DarkWolf13 »

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
Hi Beximus!

One question: You can show a concept of Erida and Nemesis, or Olympus Satellite/Erobos Shuttle stage?

I'm very curious about this E_E''

I'm inspired about this game. This inspires me to make my own MvC1 based edits[I need only to learn codes to combos/air combos :P ] like: Gallon, Sagat, and Gen[In MFG forum, you can see my progress] for now =P

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Tags: Capcom Universe 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal