collapse

Author Topic: Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes--QA thread  (Read 9515 times)

Offline NOK

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 07:56:15 AM
    • Email
Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes--QA thread
« on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm rather new to the Infinity Mugen forums and I stumbled on EoH, via youtube and I decided to join to try out this game since it seemed to be of a higher production than average Mugen-based games. Visually, its one of the better looking games with sprite editing I've seen concerning Mugen. I'm currently playing version 4.6 and I figured in terms of gameplay the staff would like to know about any findings players are experiencing during the play test period. Keep in mind, I've had the game for about maybe 2 days or so and I've found quite a bit so hopefully more people will join in with their findings within version 4.6. I posted alot of them on youtube via "jstanl" but no one really responded so I figured I'd post them here.

Disclaimer: One note I'd like to mention is that while this game still has balancing issues its definitely much better than the previous build in terms of gameplay but like any game going through a test phase it will always have its problems.

With that, on with the findings!

Notation-

Jab=Light Punch
Strong=Medium Punch
Fierce=Heavy Punch

Short=Light Kick
Forward=Medium Kick
Roundhouse=Heavy Kick

OTG= Off the Ground (Meaning you can knock your opponent down and combo moves on them while they are on the ground).

Confirm= pausing the input of an attack or special move in a combo looking reel stun animation and then continuing the combo.

Flying Screen= Screen initiated when you do an Air Combo.

-Sagat's Crouching Fierce no longer can be comboed into itself leading to extreme high damage combos into Tiger Cannon. On the other hand, while Sagat no longer has the same Far Standing Jab Punch--his close standing Jab can still be linked over and over just like the Shotokan Infinite found in the previous build and other Mugen games.

-Ryu, Ken, Sean, Akuma and their reincarnations still have the infamous Mugen "Shotokan infinite" which is merely Stand Jab. if you walk while linking them--they do not get pushed back far enough to stop the combo. There's not enough reel stun to push the character away from continuing the combo.

-Shoto characters also have a unique property preventing them from going into an OTG chain found in the previous EoH version. Now in order to do this combo in version 4.6 it seems that you have to delay the input of Crouching Roundhouse in order for it to combo. "Confirming" the input will allow you to still do the following combo.

*Keep in mind that you may be able to Ukemi (Tech hit) to stop the combo from happening*

Corner Only

Crouching Jab, Short, Forward,(confirm)RoundhouseXXShoryuken (as the opponent lands) delay a standing Jab into Crouching Fierce, Super Jump into Air Shinkuu Hadoken.

-Also, Ryu can combo both Hadoken and Shakunetsu Hadoken repeatedly as an OTG after crouching Roundhouse. The juggle count stops at 9, I'm assuming this was a programming limit set by staff.

- For Air Combos, inputs can be delayed somewhat similar to how they could in X-Men vs Street Fighter although within a tighter frame window. Even with that its very possible and useful with particular characters. So far, Charlie has been the most successful in that he can do the following which could be potential for a relaunch infinite.

(Corner Only)

-Crouch Fierce,Super Jump, Jab, Short, Forward, (pause) Jab, Short, Forward, Roundhouse, LAND, Stand Jab, Crouch Fierce, SUPER JUMP, Jab, Short, Forward, (pause) Jab, Short, Foward, Roundhouse. It only seems to allow relaunch twice but it seems like you could with frame specific inputs you can relaunch over and over again.

-Dee Jay seems to have a similar combo but he is unable to relaunch, however Dee Jay can combo his qcf PP super from an augmented air combo similar to what Charlie is able to do.

- Ibuki is really good, and seems like she also have a very difficult infinite revolving around her Kasumi Geki move. Cancelling the move after a specific chain combo allows frame advantage that you can still hit the opponent again within the combo.

* Jab, Short, Forward, FierceXX Kasumi Geki, Short, Forward, Fierce Kasumi Geki (repeat)

-While she has this infinite, I don't think it makes her unbalanced but if you were to take it away she could still be good in most matchups I'm assuming (although Lou is the best character in the game, more on this later).

-Magneto and Storm seem extremely terrible. In the earlier version it looked as if Magneto could possibly do the ROM infinite but now doing an Air Dash Downward results in him being at frame disadvantage. I'm not saying he should be MVC2 Magneto but he seems like he has almost no tools to fight.

-Both Wolverine and Rogue are able to juggle their melee-esque special moves 9 times repeated in either an air combo or ground combo.

-Captain Marvell ALSO has a glitch that will randomly happen that will cause him not to be able to be hit. Inputs for combos sometimes randomly "un-combo" themselves, and the flying screen that iniates for aircombos needs to be fixed in a way that the character that launches the opponent doesn't cause something that is seemingly uncontrollable. Just needs to be adjusted.

-Adon is exceptionally good as well, he seems to have frame advantage on almost everything he does which leads to his Jaguar Kick infinite. From what I've noticed it seems to work well on most Normal to Heavy weight characters. So Light Characters like Lou, Servbot, etc can't be hit by it. Captain America is one of the few characters that can't be hit by the infinite entirely.

Adon Jaguar Kick Infinite (Corner or Full Screen)

Standing Jab, Short, Forward, Roundhouse, Jab Jaguar Kick, Standing Short, Forward, Roundhouse, Jab Jaguar Kick (repeat)...

-NOTE: This infinite causes a freeze glitch that seems to be specific to Cyclops--which makes this infinite sometimes alot easier on Cyclop than anyone else in the game so far. He stays in the hit animation meaning you can actually stop doing the infinite, build meter, do a super combo, or regain your composure to do the infinite again.

-Sagat's Tiger Shot Infinite causes this glitch randomly also.

* (Corner Only)
Standing Jab, Strong, Fierce Tiger Short (repeat)...

In terms of a full tier list, I can't really give it because I haven't played with all of the characters yet but I can say that I wouldn't be surprised if the following characters stayed in some S-class tier:

-Lou

A-Class
-Punisher
-Symbiote Punisher
-Anita
-Sagat
-Shotos

Granted, A Class is a bit generous but those characters can fight well enough against one another and over a few of the rest of the roster.

Lou is in his class of superiority because of his great keepaway game and the fact that his gameplay style is conducive to his infinite (qcf Kick repeatedly) which you can then combo the arrow super with no difficulty at all. You don't really need to this because the damage scaling on his arrows is so transparent that he can kill you in 20 hits.

That's all I have for now. I will post more later.

Post Merge: May 22, 2009, 08:40:05 PM
I'd also like to add that Jon Talbain's Mirage Body can lead to an 80 hit 75% damage combo. Granted you can't combo into Mirage Body and continue it but if an unblockable setup is found Jon Talbain could be pretty sick.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:12:10 AM by NOK »

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes--QA thread
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:58:30 PM »
nice report :thumbsup:
try testing the stand alone releases of Adon and cap-marvell (not gens-vell) and tell me if these things you mentioned still exist, note that they will play a bit different from the 4.6 beta.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
Where can I find them? I'd love to test those out.

• King &
  • Global Moderator

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
Are they a part of a future build for EoH? If so, I'll probably mess with them and possibly add them in the report for a later beta. Right now I'm trying to focus the rest of the current roster, although I might still report of the different versions of Adon and Mar-vell. Just wanted to keep this thread consistent. I hope to see more than just me contributing, I know other people are playing.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:31 PM »
Are they a part of a future build for EoH? If so, I'll probably mess with them and possibly add them in the report for a later beta. Right now I'm trying to focus the rest of the current roster, although I might still report of the different versions of Adon and Mar-vell. Just wanted to keep this thread consistent. I hope to see more than just me contributing, I know other people are playing.
these are full version and will be in the upcoming beta EOH so these will replace the old versions, when testing check for these stuff you mentioned and ignore the damage values cus these might be re adjusted to go with the game, i'm currently updating adon with minor fixes.

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 08:40:04 AM »
**UPDATE**

- I'm happy to see some responses to the posts I've made previously concerning Super Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes ver 4.6 so I definitely hope to see more. The best way to test out things is not only in training mode but to actually have other players willing to sift through the game to find other intricacies with the entire roster. Initially alot of the combo testing was done in Training mode but I also played a few matcches with another fellow SF player like myself which resulted in the other findings I posted. Today, I'm about to give a recent update on EoH and also particulars about S-Class and A-Class.

- LOU (S-CLASS)

I know that I posted before that Lou is without any doubt the best character in EoH so far and I mentioned his infinite, strong combo damage, and keep-away game before but I want to emphasize how QUICKLY Lou can already control a match. The infinite is based on his Arrow Attack with the Kick button. Once one of the arrows hits you, you can continue to link arrows together indefinitely until the fight is over. While it is possible to try and jump away from the arrows, alot of the arrows come out so quickly that before you jump away you're either put back in to blockstun or you are hit with which they can be juggled or you can try to Tech Hit but it would only mean you are stuck in the air very low to the ground in blockstun.

The only real way to fight Lou is either by picking Lou, and hoping to use the same strategy first, or to play possibly the following characters:

-POSSIBLE LOU COUNTERS

Punisher
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer by far is the best choice out of the characters listed simply because if he's able to activate Surf's Up he stays in the air away from Lou's arrows and can hit Lou on top of his head without the risk of arrow infinite killing him. SS's damage potential is really high when in Surf's Up Mode so using his Light Kick will actually kill Lou rather fast. Granted SS has to activate Surf's Up in order beat Lou if he doesn't he dies just like the majority of the cast.

Punisher is a  solid character that have long distance infinites with ALL projectile special moves cancelling into one another. The only issue with their infinites is that it only works on standing characters, however if you try to move within the input you will get stuck in standing animation and you only have a small window of time actually being able to jump out. While Punisher is beatable, its not very easy if they know the infinite.

Hydron loses to Punisher 10-0. his crouching animation counts as standing so he has no way to escape the infinite.

Besides his special move infinite, the Punisher ALSO has the Shotokan Infinite but to a much scarier degree. Punisher's Standing Jab hitbox is about 1.5 character's wide which means he can continue the infinite even though he's not touching the character. So you could be getting hit in the corner and do the infinite being pushed into midscreen but still hit your opponent who's in the corner.

Ken seems to well against Punisher only due to his Air Fireball Pressure into Shoto Infinite, into a Shoryu Reppa.

-JON TALBAIN GENEI JIN

Well, its more like Yang's Sei-enbu from Street Fighter III: Third Strike but if activated if Jon Talbain touches you he can do from 80-100% in damage in one Air Combo which will be about 100 hits.  Simply activate Mirage Body into Standing Jab, Standing Short (while walking) until you reach maybe 75 hits, then go into

Stand Jab, Short, Crouching Forward, Crouching Fierce, Super Jump, Jab, Short, Strong, Forward, Roundhouse.

This combo can kill with no problem at all. The only issue with Mirage Body is there's no guaranteed way to combo into it and if he's fighting Lou there's really no way he can even do the combo let alone be able to build enough meter to actually do it. Maybe if he does his Air Beast Cannon indefinitely in the air. I've yet to be able to test that to see what would happen.

-Colossus is extremely good but he faces the same problems most have against Lou or Punisher. His dive kick is extremely fast and can lead to OTG combos into his Grab. Colossus can be prove to be deadly against most characters outside of the S-class roster.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 04:48:31 PM »
NOK can I get some feedback on Wolvenom next ?

He's in EOH as a hidden character

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=23208.0

Thanx
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline zombiejerky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 18, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »
I found a amateur guides for MVC1  
http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/562630/6247
Can all or some characters follow it and use this for making character pacific AI

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
Sure. I'll give an update sometime tonight after more testing.

To people wanting to know about using an MVC1 Guide, unfortunately, this game plays alot different from MVC1 and some inputs for special moves have been changed so you might want to read the "Move List" doc. found in the EoH package.

Offline Yuri Jacobs

• Kyokugen Innovator & Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 29, 2019, 10:24:40 PM
  • I'm ready to fight!
    • BitChute
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »
Welcome aboard here, NOK. I believe you're going to do just fine here at IMT with your feedbacks :).

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
That's lots of great feed back.  Especially for Lou.

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »
Hey everyone, I do apologize for the delay in my updates but I'm about to setup some playtesting in the next few minutes for:

-Wolvenom
-The majority of the roster that I didn't cover.
-The importance figuring out the odd balance of what the word balance means and how to try and incorporate this into a game that is both competitive and potentially accessible to the casual player/enthusiast as well as people who look beyond the surface for what works with particular characters.

I'll also discuss possible counters to Lou and why Punisher at this point is cemented at the top of A-Class. Punished moved down a bit I will explain in the next few hours or so.

Post Merge: May 24, 2009, 08:32:17 PM
Oh, I meant to mention that Cyclops in this version needs to be reprogrammed ALTOGETHER. He constantly gets stuck in hitstun sometimes causing he to freeze and be hit by combos that he would normally not be hit by. He gets stuck in the air or the ground doesn't matter. I will post more in-depth of things that are possible with Cyclop that do not benefit anyone who picks Cyclops.

More to come.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:23:57 PM by NOK »

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 11:18:19 PM »
with all the awesome data we are getting we could post a semi-strategy guide on the wiki.

similar to shoryuken's wiki.  :)

If you have any strategy for S.onslaught, I'd love to hear them.
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »
I'm now about to compile my next report. Its quite a bit its mostly about combos and glitches and soem retrospect on tier listing (tentative) and topics I mentioned on a previous post. I normally wouldn't find myself testing this so much but for some reason I'm intrigued. Sit tight. I should be posting the update within the hour.

Post Merge: May 25, 2009, 01:34:58 AM
Well, as promised--I said I would go ahead with my updated report on Super Marvel Vs Capcom: Eternity of Heroes, there's alot to share but I figured I'd go ahead and get everyone caught up with me on what the recent update is. Most of the information will not be based on matchups but more on combos, potential, glitches connected to those combos also.

First things first. Just to remind some of the members here of the terminology:
Notation-

Jab=Light Punch
Strong=Medium Punch
Fierce=Heavy Punch

Short=Light Kick
Forward=Medium Kick
Roundhouse=Heavy Kick

OTG= Off the Ground (Meaning you can knock your opponent down and combo moves on them while they are on the ground).

Confirm= pausing the input of an attack or special move in a combo looking reel stun animation and then continuing the combo.

Flying Screen= Screen initiated when you do an Air Combo.

Magic Series= Combo that involves all punches and kick buttons in specific order (Jab Short Strong Forward Fierce Roundhouse)

Linear=Combo that involves all punches and kick buttons in specific order (Jab Strong Fierce or Short Foward Roundhouse)

Hunter=Combo that involves all punches and kick buttons in specific order (Jab Short Forward Roundhouse)

Whiff (Proximity) Cancel = Linking Normal moves that involve a moved linked after that does not hit the opponent but within the frame advantage given from the first hit they are able to combo another attack immediately after.

Wolvenom, while a very nice looking character and seemingly interesting to play he honestly doesn't have much going for him in terms of vital tools as a fighter in a VS engine. His Web Ball is unblockable but you can't take advantage of that because his launcher reacts in such an odd way that isn't conducive to normal gameplay. The only thing you can link from his launcher are incomplete combos or his "Maximum Barrage" super. His launcher, Crouching Roundhouse launches at a diagonal angle making for less time for an air combo since there is no fly screen. I'm not sure if this was something they were going for but it limits his combo ability and also makes him more of a ground based character. His supers aren't very easy to land since they have an incredible amount of start up.

Its hard to tell if he has tools that can get wins.

Note: Report has been revised.

-Symbiote Punisher is unfortunately not as good as the regular Punisher, then again the only character thats actually better than Punisher so far is Lou (MORE ON THAT LATER). Symbiote Punisher is nice aesthetically within the context of the game but as a player Symbiote Punisher is probably B or C Class, in terms of functionality. His one Super Combo is a command grab that sadly can be ducked. His normals are rather bizarre but actually limit him even more since they aren't as good as Punisher so....no Shoto Infinite to help him out.

-Got alot of play of Silver Surfer Vs Lou. Initially he seemed to be an amazing counter character for Lou--until we realized that the best tool that Silver Surfer has which is his surfboard when riding causes him to lose the ability to block. So while he can avoid Lou's arrows, he can't actually do any combos with allows Lou to be able to hit him at random and just block for the rest of the round. The only plus is that unlike Green Goblin, SS can't be knocked off his board when hit. The one thing that does make him slightly formidable against Lou is a sweet spot in the air that he can throw projectiles at Lou so he can kind of fight him. They put him in a place where he is right above Lou but cannot be touched by Lou's projectiles.

-Colossus' dive kick is the best dive kick ever. Too fast can easily be comboed in to OTG grab takes too much damage.Possibly
under shotos for Class A. If Colossus can't be knocked out of the air his offense pressure is seemingly unrivaled. His only loss is that if he can't get in (Punisher/Lou) he will die fast.

-Adon is actually alot better than previously posted. He has a new variation on his infinite which can be done on ALL(although very hard on Lou) characters. Crouching Short, Forward, Roundhouse, Jaguar Kick (xn). His offense pressure with seemingly safe Jaguar Tooth his air projectile super and VERY safe Jaguar Kick on the ground make him very hard to touch if you don't have an Anti-Air or a long range infinite. Unfortunately, Punisher gives him MANY problems. MANY PROBLEMS.

- Captain Commando is pretty average, so is Jill.
- Spiderman, Strider are useless. Only having Linear Combos (Jab, Strong, Fierce) and (Short, Forward, Roundhouse) renders them very useless not having the versatility in combos needed to incorporate Ouroboros, or Legion and for Spiderman Maximum Spider, Crawler Assault, and Ultimate Web Throw.  

-Haggar constant aesthetic glitches with his normal grab. His special moves and supers don't seem to be relatively good tools. Haggar can get stuck in the Grab Animation and be hit when hes not actually grabbing the opponent.  

-Cyclops needs to be reprogrammed altogether. Everytime an infinite or actually any combo is done on him he will randomly freeze and in some cases he will cause he to be hit in combos that normally will NEVER work ever, or for his hitbox to become inactive so attacks go through him. Performing Super Combos actually resets the glitch.

-SS has limited combo ability, he can however combo into surfboard activation. Cosmic Might hits fullscreen and it can be
 comboed into his QCFKK super. Cosmic Might can be comboed twice for 80% damage. basic combo into Cosmic is Jab, Short,  Forward. Silver Surfer's specials move that are specific to him being on the board has almost zero recovery, most characters cannot reverse any of them blocked. He also has the shoto infinite which can lead into big damage combo for Cosmic Might for huge damage.

-Captain Marvel has the Shoto Infinite, insane combo ability with his supers comboing Multi Charge into QCB PP (Kikosho)
average chain combo ability. Multi Charge into Jab Crouch Fierce Ground Pound. Very Good pokes.He can actually do Full Air Magic Series Combo( Jab, Short, Strong, Forward, Fierce, Roundhouse).Has tight link into Stand RH 2x. No Air Specials.

Cutman

Has no air specials either.

He has infinite with Cutter Shield but the timing is very strict. He can not 2 in 1 any of his special moves, or supers
and very basic air combo functionality. Linear Combos are about the extent of what he can do (Jab, Strong, Fierce).Cutman can't combo specials in air.

-Metal man has an infinite with "Throw Blades across the ground" more like a loop (30 hit limit). Works better if opponent is
in the corner but you don't have to be close. Odd property allows you to get up from being knocked down in the infinite and
you can block it somehow...or tech roll out of it. For some reason they originate in standing animation and are invulnerable and
have the ability to block.However, they only have the option to try and Advance Guard their way out but you can't really do reversals so you are stuck blocking. If you do not Advance Guard you will die from chip damage. But when you do, you still have to face blocking more saws. Metal Man is cheap.

Also has Jumping Fierce infinite on Heavy characters. It " seems" possible on Normal or Light Characters but timing is extremely
strict. Character distance is very important.This infinite is not escapable.

His initial infinite can be set up from his Metal Barrage Super along with any air combo, both supers can be comboed from the infinite.

-Crash Man also has the shoto infinite.He can also can combo Hyper with ease using Hunter Series Air Combo. Hyper 2 can be comboed in the air while on the ground,Hyper 3 can be comboed twice. does cause aesthetic glitches. Decent Dive Kick for offense pressure.

-Hulk has the Shoto Infinite with Medium Punch, but can only be repeated for a certain period of time due to reel stun.

-Hulk 2099 can do chip string with his super slash due to frame advantage. Hulk 2099 Can do full Magic Series Air Combo,and his
Standing Strong Punch can be comboed into itself twice.

Hulk 2099 has basic bnb with Jab Short Forward into Run Through Charge

Seems like he has an infinite that only works on Hulk 2099 but the timing is extremely strict and seems to randomly change.
(Jab, Short, Strong, Fierce, Super Jump Short, Forward, Roundhouse, LAND, Jab Short Strong Fierce...Super Jump Short, Forward, Roundhouse, LAND Jab, Short, Strong, Fierce...(xn)

-Iceman

Strong Punch Ice Beam seems sort of useless since it hits into the ground but seems to be confusing as to where the hitbox is.

Jab Short Strong Forward into Artic Attack, Fierce Punch into Air Ice Beam Hyper does INSANE damage. 80% corner only.

Fierce into Artic Attack into Fierce into Artic Attack into Fierce into Artic Attack does 90% damage.

Artic Attack can be comboed into supers or Air combos.

Artic Attack does insane damage and should be used in any combos air or ground.

-Balrog has basic, to full combo potential Magic Series into any of his special moves sometimes being able to juggle them more than once intergrating turnpunch into head butt.

He can independently juggle headbutt 3 times.

Balrog can also combo all of his supers from Magic Series

Balrog can also combo Standing RH into Crouching RH into specials or supers.

His damage scaling seems to limit his combo potential for damage.

Only comboing Gigaton Punch leads to strong damage.

Balrog can also combo Standing Fierce into Crouching Fierce into specials or supers.

In corner Stand Fierce into Headbutt for some reason is multiple hits and does more damage than out side of the corner.

Standing Roundhosue can combo twice. Can also be comboed into Standing Fierce.

Balrog can proximity(whiff) cancel Standing RH into Super from a confirmed hit into any super also.

-Donovan has really strong damage with Hunter/Magic Series combos and Air Combos of the same orientation.

Jab Short Strong Forward Fierce, Crouch Fierce SUPER Jump Jab Short Strong Forward Fierce does almost 50%

Inputs for Donovan's Chains seem to be very tight almost like doing combos in Tekken where the sequential inputs matter more
than timing whats happening on screen.

Donovan can do Crouch RH into OTG Crouch Short infinite. but the opponent can Mash out of it....it seems to randomly get into some sort of glitch where you cant actually tech out of it but its hard to determine what causes it. Its similar to the Standing Animation glitch that happens when MetalMan tries to do the saws infinite.

The infinite does not work indefinitely in the corner. Everywhere else it works just have to keep the chain time perfect because they
will mash out. Stomp super homes in on opponents.

MATCHUP ISSUES

-Out of all of the things that I've listed, the tiers stay relatively the same for S-Class and A-Class (tentative). Each time I thought I found a counter for Lou somehow there was something that prevented him from being removed from S-Class. Green Goblin was the first try and when it was realized that he can't stay on the board after being hit he was doomed to the arrow infinite. The only character that can seemingly try to fight Lou is Punisher but he has the same issue that everyone else has he can't avoid the arrows very well but he beats the entire roster due to having unblockable Proximity Mines. They come out instantly can CANNOT be blocked Punisher can simply spam them out in front of him and shoot from faraway fishing for an opportunity to do his Machine Gun infinite. There is also potential to have very easy setups for indefinite unblockable loops in the corner.

Something needs to be done about unblockable Proximity Mines. Its a guaranteed win if he knocks you down while close.

So far the Unstoppables are Punisher and Lou and possibly with Ken and Lou following right behind them.

In terms of balance, this game still has a long way to go. It also depends on if staff is allowing infinites because in some cases thats all certain characters have. Its about what the staff considers to be balanced. I think unblockable Proximity mines need to be fixed so that maybe Punisher releases them slower or they detonate after a certain time. I also think that infinites are fine as long as there is something in place that prevents it from being continued indefinitely. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had a mechanic that would cause characters to spin out of infinites if they were performed for a certain amount of hits and it would reset the offense/defense of the match. If thats incorporated the infinites won't seem as overpowering.

I will be playing more soon. I apologize for not being able to revise my post sooner.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:30:11 PM by NOK »

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »
Did you notice that Strider's starting pallette is completely wrong? It's not supposed to be beige.
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 09, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »
Did you notice that Strider's starting pallette is completely wrong? It's not supposed to be beige.

That's a matter of where you decide to start, which is open to opinion.

MvC games chose lp as button 1 so pallettes started there.

Mugen's button one is A which is normally defined as lk. Most creators that I have observed put their default pallete to Pal1 not Pal4.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
The latest report post by me has been edited. Enjoy.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 01:17:15 AM »
Wow , that's some in depth feedback . Thanx for taking the time to test all these creations so thoroughly .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 01:28:56 AM »
All I can say is that Nok is now one my my newest best friends. Seriously, the reports you're putting together are pricesless and really what we need. Thank you and please keep it up.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »
Wow, now this is the feedback we needed throughout the years: a person who knows what to look for when playing a game. So much of your reports are very focused on playability that it'll help most of us figure out how and where we need to update our characters. Thanks alot!

Most of our characters have been updated outside the project and are available for download. For instance, I recently updated Psylocke, Jon Talbain, and released the new version of Wolvenom. It would be great if you could try our updated stuff, especially Jon Talbain, for the issue that you mentioned has been resolved as best as I could. You can check out what we recently released here: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?board=14.0

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »
I will do a beta report on the updated versions posted by yourself and I believe Acey, I'm just wondering if I need to make a seperate thread for them since this is specifically for 4.6 EoH. I'm sure once the new version comes out I'll do a report on that as well.

Not to start a report early but I will say Ryu has a new infinite and it may be one that other shotos have as well.

More on that later this week.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
holy moses! really good feedback reports NOK.

I hope u stay here fro the longest time  :)

Offline NOK

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »
I will be making a new update today.

Post Merge: May 30, 2009, 09:15:52 AM
I would like to know if there is a general consensus that I should:

1) Continue thread concerning 4.6 updates

2) Continue all updates for 4.6 with side notes for new upgrades

3) Make a new thread for specific character upgrades Acey mentioned?

Also, is it possible for someone to give me the steps I need in order to replace characters with upgraded versions? A PM would be nice since I'm really new to this stuff.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:15:52 AM by NOK »

• King &
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
i would suggest:

-keep testing the beta 4.6 for how the characters behave against each other, cus some characters might have bugs against specific characters and some of them aren't released as a stand alone version.

-ignore the outdated versions of some of the characters in the beta 4.6, and instead test the released updated stand alone versions, cus these will be replacing the old outdated 4.6 versions in the next beta.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal