collapse

Author Topic: Super Marvel vs. Capcom Preview  (Read 13582 times)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Super Marvel vs. Capcom Preview
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »
me too, im sure about beta comming soon, but dont know date to download party

ETA is 2009 for the completed game.

We will end the year off with a bang.

This year the release party was in February and it went into the first week of March.  I released Metalman V1 on February 17.  :)

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
all i know is i cant wait for the game and the chars

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
So, officially, there won't be any release in 2008, just in 2009? And when?

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »
End the year off with a bang? Youve got 2 more days to do so....
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »
You will be happy in two days.   ;D
I would assume the release party with the separate characters would be February.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2008, 01:20:25 PM »
You will be happy in two days.   ;D
I would assume the release party with the separate characters would be February.
maybe 3 or 4, i cant download in megaupload at firsts days of some release

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
You will be happy in two days.   ;D

So, they will release all the chars togheter on Dec 31th then release all the separate characters in February?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 03:11:16 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2008, 01:30:22 PM »
So, they will release all the chars togheter on Dec 31th then release all the separate characters in February?

lol. just keep your eyes open.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »

Yes.  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »
Last time I check a couple characters like Punisher and crap will be released this month...Or well they should be....
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2008, 12:52:20 AM »
The new version of EOH might be coming out soon, so I have some questions and concerns. I don't know if they'll be answered or addressed, but I'm pretty sure asking won't end with me being left for dead.

1.Balance: In the previous version of EOH, there were some balance issues, such as Sagat and Megeman being able to get easy infinities with their projectiles. (Megaman got it with his low projectile.) Besides that, some attacks did too much damage, such as Iceman's Beam Super, or Dee Jay's Projectile Super, or the light version of Hulk's anti-air (Ch.D,U+K), which doesn't too much damage on it's own, but allows Hulk to juggle the foe. Other attacks don't do enough damage, such as Hulk's rush attack (Ch.B,F+K). Hopefully, these issues, and many more, have been addressed.

2.'Cloneage': I can understand the shotokans, considering they play differently enough overall, but Ironman and Warmachine are still too similar. What's more, Charlie and Guile are in the same game. Charlie was originally made to be Guile's replacement, not a clone, so there's no need for two of them. The same goes for Warmachine, by the way; originally meant to be Ironman's replacement in MVC.

3.Too Few Options?: It seems like a few characters don't have a lot going for them. 2 of Hulk2099's specials are very similar, so it's like he was brought down from a mere 3 specials to an even mere-er 2. Then there's Banshee. He has a projectile, a close range attack that's quite similar to a normal of his, and a stun attack. That's it. Sure, all Guile has is 2 moves, but one of them is an anti-air. When coupled with his good normals, he's not too shabby. Unfortunately, Banshee has no true anti-air. There might be more cases of this situation.

4.Ryu: What Ryu can do: A projectile, both types of air projectiles, an anti-air, and a multi-purpose attack (rushing, zoning, maby more.) Cyclops can do all that and more (beams instead of projectiles, but there's not major differences between the two) and there might be other characters who eclipse Ryu. Maybe you should give Ryu his fourth special from SFIII:TS to make him stand out more.

Maybe I'll think of more later...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 11:28:43 AM by novasod »

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2008, 02:20:35 AM »
dude this sounds more like feedback, and if so u posted this is the wrong place... And u cant ask why they put guile and charlie in the same game, i mean why not?...... Its not like its hurting anything..... Plus why warmachine and Iron man, maybe cus capcom did it when they put both of them in mvc2....

All and all, all of this can be answered as a, "Becuz we wanted 2" thing..... More characters wont hurt a thing...

However some characters should be updated though... but never the less you r asking for alot of stuff to be changed in a short period of time...

Its more of a personal preference.... There r things i would like to change as well but if its something in general that the over all gamer would also agree with then maybe it will get changed for the better
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:20:11 AM by R@CE 45 »

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2008, 02:27:54 AM »
dude this sounds more like feedback, and if so u posted this is the wrong place... And u cant ask why they put guile and charlie in the same game, i mean why not?...... Its not like its hurting anything..... Plus why warmachine and Iron man, maybe cus capcom did it when they put both of them in mvc2....

All and all, all of this can be answered as a, "Becuz we wanted 2" thing..... More characters wont hurt a thing...

However some characters should be updated though... but never the less you r asking for alot of stuff to be changed in a short period of time...

Its more of a personal preference.... There r things i wold like to change as well but if its something in general that the over a;; gamer would also agree with then maybe it will get changed for the better
and about that guile and charlie thing they did that in alpha 3 also its mugen theres two reasons right there lol

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2008, 03:07:19 AM »

The new version of EOH might be coming out soon, so I have some questions and concerns. I don't know if they'll be answered or addressed, but I'm pretty sure asking won't end with me being left for dead.

1.Balance: In the previous version of EOH, there were some balance issues, such as Sagat and Megeman being able to get easy infinities with their projectiles. (Megaman got it with his low projectile.) Besides that, some attacks did too much damage, such as Iceman's Beam Super, or Dee Jay's Projectile Super, or the light version of Hulk's anti-air (Ch.D,U+K), which doesn't too much damage on it's own, but allows Hulk to juggle the foe. Other attacks don't do enough damage, such as Hulk's rush attack (Ch.B,F+K). Hopefully, these issues, and many more, have been addressed.

2.'Cloneage': I can understand the shotokans, considering they play differently enough overall, but Ironman and Warmachine are still too similar. What's more, Charlie and Guile are in the same game. Charlie was originally made to be Guile's replacement, not a clone, so there's no need for two of them. The same goes for Warmachine, by the way; originally meant to be Ironman's replacement in MVC.

3.Too Few Options?: It seems like a few characters don't have a lot going for them. 2 of Hulk2099's specials are very similar, so it's like he was brought down from a mere 3 specials to an even mere-er 2. Then there's Banshee. he has a projectile, a close range attack that's quite similar to a normal of his, and a sun attack. That's it. Sure, all Guile has is 2 moves, but one of them is an anti-air. When coupled with his good normals, he's not too shabby. Unfortunately, Banshee has no true anti-air. There might be more cases of this situation.

4.Ryu: What Ryu can do: A projectile, both types of air projectiles, an anti-air, and a multi-purpose attack (rushing, zoning, maby more.) Cyclops can do all that and more (beams instead of projectiles, but there's not major differences between the two) and there might be other characters who eclipse Ryu. Maybe you should give Ryu his fourth special from SFIII:TS to make him stand out more.

Maybe I'll think of more later...

You have some valid concerns there. Let's touch on a few points.

1) Balance, Yes we're constantly addressing this issue until we get it pretty close but nothing has been balanced since SSFII Turbo and it took them how many tried to get that close. It's an uphill battle with so many different fighting styles, just like real life. There is a reason why Ken Shamrock always won Ultimate Fighting

2) I am a Guile enthusiast and I understand the concern about douplicates. I won't argue the difference between him and Charlie because I know every other Guile enthusuast allready knows that he is far superior and always has been, which is why he only has 2 special moves. The are different characters. As for War Machine and Iron Man, we need more Marvel characters, so there you go, it was good enough for MvC2, it's good enough for us.

3) Ryu and Cyclops were made to be balanced equals in the X-Men vs SF game. That said, Ryu is still the strongest shoto and definatly stronger than Cyclops, but hey, I'm always in favor of more hypers for everyone!

4) Hulk 2099 is... bland. I know. As well is Sabretooth and Juggernaut.  :-??

5) Banshee has flight rather than anti air, and his flight combos are killer, that is where his strength lies, in covering the higher ground and thus controlling the possition of the opponent. Unfortunatly he's not the most popular character so alot of people don't really get to explore his deeper side.

I hope you feel satisfied with the answers and you are correct, the new version of EoH might come out someday.  :)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:21 AM »
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:59 PM »
hopefully that someday is today :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista