collapse

Author Topic: Onslaught WIP  (Read 3024 times)

Offline XsLaught

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 04, 2012, 04:33:11 AM
Onslaught WIP
« on: January 18, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcIlA2169bs&hl=en&fs=1

I worked on this project over winter break after a long hiatus. What motivated me to go back was one day in class, someone mentioned he found a fighting game engine where you can make your own characters. I knew exactly what he was talking about since I coded for it long ago. I wanted to finish this project but now that break's over I do not how much time I can invest in it. This version of Onslaught is completely recoded from version 1.8 (12/09/2001). Everything was started from scratch over again.

What's done:
Onslaught (1st Form)
- Sentinel Aerial Bomb
- Sentinel Assist
- Hyper Grav
- Magnetic Tempest
- Hyper Rush
- Teleport
- Magnetic Shockwave
- Mega Optic Blast
Onslaught (2nd Form)
- Sentinel Aerial Bomb
- Punch
- Dash Punch
- Hyper Grav
- Rensha Beam
- 3 Rensha Beam
- 5 Rensha Beam
Misc
- Improved Super Armor
- Intros and win poses
- Other stuff you'll have to wait to see

AI:
- This is a alpha stage AI. I just threw something together so that explains why it seems sort of cheap. Do not worry. It will have a more human AI and I'll attempt to make one that can "learn" which is what I have planned.

I do not have a website for my old MUGEN works at the moment.

What's left:
- Partner Change
- Palettes
- AI
- Minor tweaks

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
Re: Onslaught WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »
Are you going ot be able to kill the flying sentinels?

And is the guard damage taken from some of his attacks reduced?

Because those are two things that really annoyed me about Onslaught in the first place.  Also, I would like the Hyper Grav to be blockable or at least dodgeable, seeing as not all characters have projectiles to reflect the attack with.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
I love how he appears in the background of the stage like hes supposed to  =D> =D> =D>

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »
Everything will play true to the original. I took the time to look into how much damage each attack does when hit or guarded. The Hyper Grav does not home constantly so it can be dodged. They also can be destroyed with projectiles...

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:54:28 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »
For those that do not now, XsLaught is OnslaughtX, his original Onslaught (previous version.. not the newly recoded one he is displaying here), was the base for Symbiote Onslaught as he was kind enough to give me permission to use at the time.

XsLaught: I received your e-mail. My answer is yes.  :thumbsup:

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 23, 2011, 02:35:21 PM
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
Questions:

I had made palettes for the original Onslaught released by you (Available for DL at my Website, I also have a shot of them if you want to look at them) Will they work with the newer version or will I have to recreate them?

Also, Is that a special stage created for the character or is an already released stage?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:59:16 AM by Serious Cat »

Posting from my G1 mobile phone.

Offline mastamasta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
 :thumbsup: looks good to me

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »
Welcome back bro.. :w00t:
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
Very cool, it takes someone like Onslaught to beat some of these Dragonball characters.   :)

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »
Excursion - Thanks :). That'll be something extra to add.
Serious Cat - I haven't looked at your palettes yet but if you want to make palettes I can include them in the release and credit you in the readme. The newly ripped sprites are reduced with optimized octree which means no color lost. I also plan on adding more colors so any palettes made before need to be redone.

About the stage. The floor is coded into the character. I read about a way for characters to interact with a stage so I may also release a compatible stage which will trigger the floor to appear. It is currently an already created stage.

I think it'll be about a few more weeks to get done with the Partner Change move. That one move is the equivalent of creating an entire character.

Offline danniel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 06, 2013, 03:11:26 AM
  • hmmm
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
nice..........cant wait

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 01:27:35 AM »
OMG, that's it right there, that thing I've always had against Onslaught in Mugen, you did it!

He's behind the floor!!!

That's what really urked me about All Onslaughts, even S. Onslaught, but you got it right!!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:11 AM »
Excursion - Thanks :). That'll be something extra to add.
Serious Cat - I haven't looked at your palettes yet but if you want to make palettes I can include them in the release and credit you in the readme. The newly ripped sprites are reduced with optimized octree which means no color lost. I also plan on adding more colors so any palettes made before need to be redone.

About the stage. The floor is coded into the character. I read about a way for characters to interact with a stage so I may also release a compatible stage which will trigger the floor to appear. It is currently an already created stage.

I think it'll be about a few more weeks to get done with the Partner Change move. That one move is the equivalent of creating an entire character.

You have my palettes, good sir. All I need is 1 PCX of the "small" and 1 PCX of the "large" and a current palette if there is one. (If not, I'll palettize off of the PCXs and it will be awesome still.) Only if you can spare them.

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:21 AM »
i cant believe hes only on 60% he looks so complete. also, i love his palette man he loves so alive good job on it. good luck on him homie, hopefully u wont drop him n finish him ^^(PM)^

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »
Wow looks great ;D  =D> love those colours by the way :)  but I have just one question will this version turn back into professor x when you manage beat him like in marvel vs capcom its just that all the other previously released versions when you beat him the screen just goes white and thats it and I know its a minor thing but its something that has been bugging me for ages I just think its much more satisfying to see professor x's body there rather than just a white screen or am I missing something like an add on of some sort to make that happen if so my bad sorry :-?? and if someone knows how to make this happen could you tell me how please it would be much appreciated as I have been trying to make the onslaught in my roster do that for ages. ~X(

many thanks in advance anyway :)

cheers :thumbsup:

and good luck with onslaught XsLaught he looks great so far %%- =D> :) :thumbsup:
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 01:26:09 AM »
SeriousCat - the finished palette isn't made yet. If you make palettes from the current palette, the later palette may have different indexes for each color. When I have all the colors needed then I can make a finished palette but that won't be for awhile.

60% since the rest will be AI, palettes, and a full character for the partner change move. Onslaught with both forms themselves without the partner change move is near 100% :). So far I think everything else has been implemented. That means lose pose with professor X. Win pose, rock intro, special intros, palfx hit for form 2, position freeze, floating, training mode form switch, etc.

The previous version of Onslaught was ripped during a period when CPS2 emulation was not available or just starting so I had limited access to resources. Now I can do perfect axis alignments and rip hard to obtain sprites. Also I'm aware of the hand facing bug in the previous one. I think when I coded it, it was for a different version of MUGEN and had worked for that version. There's no such thing in this one :). Also this one should work with characters that have reversaldefs.

Offline galactus

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 18, 2014, 12:34:12 PM
  • many thanks to hollow boy for this great avatar
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
Wow thanks for the info XsLaught sounds like the best version of onslaught yet. ;D :)

I cant wait for the release :w00t: ;D

cheers :thumbsup:

and good luck with finishing him %%- %%- :)
hello to all from the planet wrecker aka Galactus

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 01:13:06 AM »
Best to make sure all of the colors are included for palettizing, mate. You just shoot me a PM when you're ready for palettes and we'll make this thing shine.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
Sweet! :)
This onslaught will be awesome indeed...are you planning on implementing the "character swap" attack where he switches places with a random MVC character while staying in the background?(excursion did something similar,but it was a hyper attack rush with venom and symbiote spider

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »
I plan on implementing a full character or two for the partner change move. That's the "character swap" move. Of course it won't be random or the entire MVC roster. That'd take forever! I'll probably include an alternate .DEF file to have you play as the partner change character as a stand alone character.

So far since my break's been over I haven't had time to touch the project yet with school and life. It may not be until my next break to get to work on this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:14:44 AM by XsLaught »

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 10:54:28 AM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
I plan on implementing a full character or two for the partner change move. That's the "character swap" move. Of course it won't be random or the entire MVC roster. That'd take forever! I'll probably include an alternate .DEF file to have you play as the partner change character as a stand alone character.

So far since my break's been over I haven't had time to touch the project yet with school and life. It may not be until my next break to get to work on this.

Either way, we are anticipating this.  :thumbsup:

Offline Djoulz

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 03:52:40 PM
    • L'Absynthe Resto-Bar
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »
anticipating is the word indeed

My crap

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »
I thought I'd post an update on the status.

This project is still being worked on. I spent the majority of the time improving the Super Armor code. As we all know there's a lot of bugs that may come with implementing Super Armor in a character. The problem is due to when you get hit you lose 1 game tick so if you are hit 1 tick before AnimTime = 0, the Anim will repeat itself. The only way I saw to get around this problem is to make each Elem 1 tick. This issue has been resolved.
There will also be a damage dampener implemented. A few other things have been tweaked as well.

I have a break 1 week from now to work on the project. Hopefully I can get done with it.

Offline volzzilla

• Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
Sounds great! :)
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
The Boss of Marvel vs Capcom has returned. =D>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal