collapse

Author Topic: Is the IMT forum still active today?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
Is the IMT forum still active today?
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:01:38 AM »
Hello members of IMT, it's been nearly a couple of years since I visited this site and I noticed this forum has been really empty as of late. Back in the day, this site has a very unique theme towards Marvel vs. Capcom and shows a lot though the creations. There's been fun events called "Release Parties" back in 2008, 2009, and 2011, which makes me want to visit the site more. But now, I haven't seen any of that for years. Has there been anything interesting M.U.G.E.N related lately? I would love to see more activity on some of the IMT Projects such as Mega Man: Robot Master Mayhem and Super Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes. But even the topics there are inactive or locked and the creators haven't returned for a few years to keep them posted. I'm not asking for their stuff to be released unfinished, I just want to know what the activity of this forum has become. Would be cool to see Acey again.

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
Re: Is the IMT forum still active today?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:16:28 AM »
That '08-'09 period is long gone. Nowadays there are two kinds of creators: the ones who stayed faithful to the game and still create good stuff, but they are very few and most of them are afraid to release their stuff for good reasons. And the newcomers who prefer to "borrow" other peoples creations and bastardize them. And thus we come back to the first category of good creators who don't want to release their stuff anymore.
I believe the people who are taking and releasing stuff without permission killed this hobby for a lot of us.

Offline SolidZone 26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 07, 2021, 06:18:18 AM
  • My avatar is back...
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 06:48:01 AM »
No wonder why I haven't seen the mods or admins as of late either since they are creators as well. Guess it's not just because of real life, but that too. I hope it doesn't affect the forum's reputation. I really like visiting IMT a lot back in the day, it's just sad that it has come to this point. Yes I can visit other forums for anything M.U.G.E.N related, but it is nowhere as cool as this. Even the emoji icons are unique.

:O*D The Wolvenom eating popcorn icon is my favorite.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 12:14:36 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »
This mugen apocalypse is already old.

You have the feeling that the mugen is ending, but it is the same way. The topics of wips are irrelevant. We know that only 10% of them are finalized. In a real estimate, for every ten of them, only one is finalized.

There are really annoying things in mugen. This year, I had a terrible headache, with a partnership I made, to code Dark Wolverine. There are also hypocritical people, who talk all the time in the gratuity of mugen and etc ...

But I think, no one should stop because of it.

I'm talking about me, what I have to release I'll release, no matter how it is, the scenario mugen.

2 chars (1 already released) and a fullgame  :RagingDemon

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 05:30:59 PM
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 12:06:59 PM »
That '08-'09 period is long gone. Nowadays there are two kinds of creators: the ones who stayed faithful to the game and still create good stuff, but they are very few and most of them are afraid to release their stuff for good reasons. And the newcomers who prefer to "borrow" other peoples creations and bastardize them. And thus we come back to the first category of good creators who don't want to release their stuff anymore.
I believe the people who are taking and releasing stuff without permission killed this hobby for a lot of us.

Agreed.

There was a golden age during 2004-2008, I think it started to fade when Wucash had his stuff leaked. Those times at old Scruffy, Warmachine Madness, DC, Marvel The Outsider, GL Corps, IMT and Unlimited were pretty cool.

If people had respected their brothers in arms, a lot of characters could have been finished and improved to high quality level. But that's why we can't have nice things... so our ideas go to Ed Boon and Capcom... and we are stuck with head swaps, pal hacks and leaked betas.

Honestly, feedback back then was more honest, there were more hard working spriters and we had none of this ego boosting lame replies.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »
yeah, the old good times nostalgia... but like they say all good things come to an end. I see a lot of new spriters that got great skillz but most done want to spend the time to make full characters which is a shame. we better just forget those times because it just make us hate more whats going on. we had in the past always the head swaps, the color swaps and all that but most people would be against that, now we have sites encouraging this which is what makes this worst. at the end I think it really is envy and greed. lost of nobodys that for some reason want to feel special by color or head swaping something and pretend they are creators. then we get the same old excuse, you stole from Capcom, blah blah blah. the excuse they give in order to feel they not doing nothing wrong. always the lazy ones that can clearly just use same bases and resources we all use. but they want to mess it up for everybody. we all have to put up with one or other BADDUDE!!!!!   8=|

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
Valid points guys!!  :thumbsup:

So to answer your question:  :)
Is the IMT forum still active today? Yes but not as active as it used to be. I still find cool and interesting stuff here. Nice projects too! Also Acey released a new char so this means he is active too!  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »
If people had respected their brothers in arms, a lot of characters could have been finished and improved to high quality level. But that's why we can't have nice things... so our ideas go to Ed Boon and Capcom... and we are stuck with head swaps, pal hacks and leaked betas.

THIS. f**k*** this. But the horde of "HURR DURR MUGEN IS FREE, CONTENTS BELONGS TO CAPCOM SO I WILL USE ANYWAY" and others had contributed to this fiasco.

Honestly, feedback back then was more honest, there were more hard working spriters and we had none of this ego boosting lame replies.
Not quite true. We had many cases of snowflake creators which can't handle simple straight feedback. I do not want to take old skeletons out of the closet, but here was a well-known place for exactly for this. That's why I left IMT at the time. This place was known as "NICE CHAR +1" and such behavior of putting the creators into a safe bubble was even endorsed by the administration.

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »
THIS. f**k*** this. But the horde of "HURR DURR MUGEN IS FREE, CONTENTS BELONGS TO CAPCOM SO I WILL USE ANYWAY" and others had contributed to this fiasco.
Not quite true. We had many cases of snowflake creators which can't handle simple straight feedback. I do not want to take old skeletons out of the closet, but here was a well-known place for exactly for this. That's why I left IMT at the time. This place was known as "NICE CHAR +1" and such behavior of putting the creators into a safe bubble was even endorsed by the administration.

WOOOO Uncle O hit the nail on the head with this one! That's why i disliked MMV after awhile and came back to my home site IMT cause they was steady kissing butt over there instead of giving REAL BRUTALLY HONEST FEEDBACK! Then Volzzila and a few others would get mad when you criticized their work. SMH  *Iceman ThumbsDown!* [-X
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
Humph!

Then start a WIP
Keep Mugen Free

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »
"HURR DURR MUGEN IS FREE, CONTENTS BELONGS TO CAPCOM SO I WILL USE ANYWAY"
Smh Every time they say this, someting dies inside of me.
It's pointless to even try to explain them why is wrong to steal.
And the harsh feedback... Well that's a good point there. Anybody who can accept a harsh feedback and take the essential from it, will get better and better. That's why I always ask for opinions and tips when I post something. Tell me I suck and my work is dog s#it, but also tell me how can I get better. This is the kind of feedback I like.
I also think that, when people encourage new creators to continue making s#it, they are slowly killing mugen knowing or not. Don't tell them 'cool' or 'nice' if the work is crap. Just cut them from the start to put them on the right track.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »
For some of us old dogs....reality check punched us in the sack and bills and free time went the way of gotta get down and dirty. Kids , bills.....bills . Some of us can juggle it great and can devote free time to mugen diehard...while others... The awesome hobby had to take a Lil backseat to do what needs to be done first.

I agree with lots if stuff said by the crew here, verz, Dev, sky, uncle big o and plus. IMT is a great place....always my go to home and always will be since I joined it. Been around mugen honestly since 2000 and joined IMT later as a base site cause of cool folks and learned much more than I already knew. Trust me its great creators here, still here and damn sure gonna be here and I respect them all! 

Oh hi....its been....awhile guys lol
#StillANoob  :P
Hail CROM!  XD||

Offline navs41

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »
Not quite true. We had many cases of snowflake creators which can't handle simple straight feedback.

Agree to disagree haha.
Code-wise, do you think discussions have improved?

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Agree to disagree haha.
More like sprite-wise. Only because we don't have many coders left lol

Offline Anderson Masters

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 05:46:57 PM
  • Shouoken!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »
i think the community just goes more mature, today we have less post, but more quality on everything.

Offline navs41

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 04:44:54 AM »
i think the community just goes more mature, today we have less post, but more quality on everything.

Disagree.

Sprite-wise, there are more bases, courtesy of dedicated rippers (Kong, Magma, Belial, Ploaj, Ilu, Blagoy...) but the quality isn't exactly better than most sprites in 2008. You still see the same Captain America/Cyclops sprites... with little to no changes whatsoever by frankenspriting.

However, I'd partially agree to the statement that the quality of the spriters active since 2008 improved... a slight deviation from your reply.  :thumbsup:

There are more hi-res sprites out there too... and it brings some new level of artwork to the forum. Do they increase forum activity? Hard to say...

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
Agree to disagree haha.

Well, I have a very...unpolite...idea about this, but I will give you my reply at FB. Just to avoid issues.
But to give you some reply, the answer is yes but just in some very few cases.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista