collapse

Author Topic: Project X Gameplay  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Project X Gameplay
« on: July 05, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

Z and I have been going through the game, makeing some improvements.

* We have gone through the bug lists you guys have submitted and fixed up everything that we agreed was broken. Everyone did a great job giving us material here. It's appreciated.

* The screenpack and all characters have been converted to Mugen 1.0. Everything looks a lot sharper, especially the intro, ending, title screen and versus screen.

* In our analysis we had broken down the roster into tiers, based on combo abilty, abilities, special and hyper moves. We calculated velocities, damage, guard damamge, powergive, power get and ran some equations, modified by scored we agave to special abilities such as speed, long range instant beams, command throws, and more. The tiers came out as such.

Top Tier
Rogue (current version)
Gambit
Cable (current version)
Strong Guy
Deadpool
Juggernaut
Wolverine
Namor
Iceman
Bishop
Sabretooth
Storm
Cyclops
Psylocke
Omega Red
Beast
Colossus
Magneto
Emma
Quicksilver
Mystique
Nightcrawler
Birdy
Bottom Tier

So this was a good starting ground to see who needed what kinds of action towards balancing. From here we adjusted damages, special abilities, decreased hyper attack damages, reset powergives, and end the end we ended up increases our 4 character classes into eight character classes:

Agile
Teleport
Zone (Beams)
Bruiser
Air
Scrapper
Guns
Psychic

Each of these classes determined what type of move canceling each character was assigned, who had recovery rolls, what type of combos (either Magic series, LMH or in Juggernaut's case, 2 hit combos), and all the other stuff mentioned above.

* With some of the more difficult characters we found issues with corner traps. In part his was corrected through hitdef velocitied but we also added guard push to all of the characters. Now there are options when you're turtling in the corner with no way out.

* We have implimented the new Mugen 1.0 AI into all of the characters so that as you chose a difficulty level the game will adjust to match that level. The default setting is Level 5 out of 8. For those who are less of a fighting game fan and just want to play through the story the easier modes are now accessable but for those who want an all out tight mugen match they can bump up the difficulty. Even the bonus stages and end boss have been adjusted to allow for AI Levels.

* We also have been doing some grahic updates as well, such as the HUD on the training stage and background graphics.

* We also have taken a lot of our new knowldge and incorporated it into a Game Manual, so that you'll have complete move lists and know where you character falls even before the match beings.

So... progress continues. Thanks for all of the support you guys have given us on this project and we promise to continue to not disapoint.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:31:46 PM by Acey »

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
Re: Project X Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »
I just read the Messiah War and Second Coming comics and now I simply love your cable and bishop.I think they are the best chars ever.Hope that you'll release them...someday.Oh,I almost forgot to ask...would you make Bastion a playable char for our mugen rosters?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:20:59 AM »
yes, yes and yes

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 18, 2023, 06:43:34 AM
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »
Wow. The select screen looks more like Killer Instinct style.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
--edited--

I've sent you this by pm.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:39:57 AM by _K.o.W_ »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
Pretty nice to hear that you're still working on this; it was pretty nice to begin with, but did have some problems. Hopefully, it'll get even better now. :thumbsup:

Just one little tid-bit though; before playing XSC, I wasn't much of an X-Men fan. Since then though, I've read a lot more of it, and have indeed become a fan. So, I've been booting the game up again recently, and have been playing it again. And eventually, I played as Storm. Sorry, but she just doesn't feel like 'Storm'. Sure, she looks the part, and has the moves, but most her lines don't speak to her character; you pretty much just used the voice-clips from the CAPCOM games. (Which includes saying out her move names, which she does not do.) Now, my advice, (though you don't have to do it if you don't want to,) is to keep Storm's look and gameplay intact, (aside from fixing bugs and balance issues,) but revise her voicetrack. Make it so that she not only looks like Storm, but feels like Storm as well, in terms of her personality. Anyway, that's my two cents.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:07:32 AM by novasod »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
Pretty nice to hear that you're still working this; it was pretty nice to begin with, but did have some problems. Hopefully, it'll get even better now. :thumbsup:

Just one little tid-bit though; before playing XSC, I wasn't much of an X-Men fan. Since then though, I've read a lot more of it, and have indeed become a fan. So, I've been booting the game up again recently, and have been playing it again. And eventually, I played as Storm. Sorry, but she just doesn't feel like 'Storm'. Sure, she looks the part, and has the moves, but most her lines don't speak to her character; you pretty much just used the voice-clips from the CAPCOM games. (Which includes saying out her move names, which she does not do.) Now, my advice, (though you don't have to do it if you don't want to,) is to keep Storm's look and gameplay intact, (aside from fixing bugs and balance issues,) but revise her voicetrack. Make it so that she not only looks like Storm, but feels like Storm as well, in terms of her personality. Anyway, that's my two cents.

There is a lot of alternatate options out there for Storm's voice track so I think we could visit this.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
There is a lot of alternatate options out there for Storm's voice track so I think we could visit this.

Good to know. You might want to keep the "I'm as strong as a hurricane!" line though. That one was good.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Acey, I was playing against iceman on training and I've noticed something:

When you knock him near a wall, he will bounce into the wall (nice feature, btw). But you can make a no blockable combo in every rebound he makes if you hit him with a fierce punch which has a big X velocity.

P2 can't guard it and you will just stop when the juggle runs out.

Who was player 1 in this case?

Edit: Anyone apparently, good catch O Ilu.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista