collapse

Author Topic: How did u discover mugen?  (Read 59681 times)

Offline SONYA

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 01:35:37 PM
    • Email
Re: How did u discover mugen?
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
For me, it was back in 2001.  Me and my brother were looking for a dragonball z game for the pc to download.  First we found hyper dimension, then we ran into dbzme-2.  I've been hooked on mugen ever since.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »
dunno if i joined in on this ages ago. But for me it was actually in 1995 sometime...that was the start of it. didnt know what i was seein but my boy showed me a street fighter game with andy bogard of Fatal fury 2 in it and it was pretty cool. Then years went by. 2002 hit and my best friend kept tellin me his homeboy younger cuzin found some game with DBZ VS Street fighter with some crazy @ss evil ken char...for a good few months i didnt make plans to see it but that Labor day of 2002 i said yo im tired of hearing about this \-/o! im a big DBZ fan and i love SF so i gotta see this :o! went over there and saw That Brolly by flowagirl, Reus Evil ken zippin across the screen and that cool Goku from Hyper dimensiona and it was all she wrote man :)!

I was lookin up everything mugen after that ;*)). Got my first Pc lab top in 2005 and the addiction pretty much started from there :-j lol.....

But now that itch is gone :-?? officially in late 2007...i fell off with mugen but Its still a dope @ss gaming Emulator in the Gaming community on the low real talk ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:58:40 PM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
it was some years ago a buddy of mine sent me a youtube link of a video with Naruto, Sasuke fighting Evil Ken and Evil Ryu. I was like what game is this? I thought it was some crossover game from Japan then he was like it's Mugen. I asked him how do I get it, he said it would be complicated and I wouldn't understand it. I told him just show me where to get it. He didnt so my cousin searched it in google, downloaded it and got it running. He added a few characters and then he showed me how to add characters then he left and I spent a whole day learning how to add characters then I started going to different places to find characters and then I learned how to add stages and then from there I found infinity through an MSN group before the rebirth. Some guy on a mugen MSN group lead me here because I was looking for Hokutomaru and that's when everything got crazy and I learned how to add lfebars, make edits and all kinds of stuff. I think I first found mugen in 2006.

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
Just youtubing dream matches and i stumbled across it. It was like it was ment to be for me :thumbsup:
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Ununsed-Username

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 08, 2014, 12:22:16 AM
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »
Edit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:50:13 AM by Sway »

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2010, 08:16:06 PM »
Back in late February 2008, I first discovered from a friend of mine playing his Mugen (which I didn't know of) in the library in College. I asked him if I could have his Mugen, so he transferred his to my flashdrive. I thought it was a cross-over with characters before. I got it home and played it. But there was no music. So I went to Youtube to learn how to put music, stages, and chars. Then when I played his Mugen with my music, the music sounded like it was scratched. So I had to download MugenWave for myself. It works better than using WinMugen. (I hate using WinAmps because it required it for Mugen for MP3. Also it replaces iTunes.) I played it and it worked so fine. :)

BTW I don't do Mugen creating, but I sprite (can be for Mugen or any).

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2010, 04:10:29 AM »
I was watching Samurai Champloo one time, and they called the nappy headed guy with SICK breakdance fighting skills "Mugen".

Offline Rabbitxpp

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:25:48 PM
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2010, 04:18:16 AM »
i first discovered it afta wanting to see carnage in mvc and i looked up carnage in mvc on youtube and saw it then i learned it had been done by mugen and from there i set on to learning how to get mugen add chars etc
Suppose one day that coin lands on its edge

Offline sfarequiem

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 09, 2012, 04:56:47 PM
    • Sfarequiem's Site
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
2006, early sophomore year high school. i saw reu's evil ken.... i was like, "is this like some sorta sfa-style violent ken?" i was eating pancakes in front of my e machine. thise were the best pancakes evaaaa!!! by the way ive got an upgrade from my emachine to an HP... Ive also got a barebones kit, tho i cant remember the model...
I am the supreme master of the fist!

Offline Carlos Winters

• Super Villain
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:September 28, 2010, 01:46:56 PM
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Ah.. I remember it like it was yesterday..

I remember long ago, I was looking up the song "Cuban Pete", from the movie "The Mask". In the related videos, I saw one of Homer Simpson singing Cuban Pete, which I went to. Then in the related videos, I saw one that was showing what Homer would look like in reality, which I went to. Then, in the related videos again, I saw "Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin" and I went to it and it was awesome. Shortly after, I read the description to see what it was. It was a battle on "mugen". I went to see more videos from the user that uploaded it, and it was a lot of videos of the most random characters fighting eachother in an old Street Fighter style. I then realized these fights were done the same way one I had seen years ago was done. It was a fight between Steven Seagal and Godzilla, which was also awesome.

Well, after seeing all this awesome stuff, I decided to check out what Mugen was. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it sounded very awesome. It sounded legit, too. At the bottom of the page there were links, including one to the homepage of the group that made mugen. I went there, and saw that it was free and simple to download. It was most awesome. Once I downloaded it, I enjoyed a match with Kung Fu Man vs Kung Fu Man. Afterwards, I decided I needed to adjust my controls and download more characters. I did this, starting with setting my kicks to a,s,d and my punches to z,x,c. I then googled for mugen characters and ran across this site, where I got plenty of neat stuff. It wasn't long before I wanted more characters and stages, so I joined the forum. I have since been enjoying the game and trying to master characters. Today, I have been playing for nearly a whole week and have around 150 characters and I have decided to be a more active member on the forums and what not. I prefer using the Megaman characters(Especially Metalman and Fireman, I love their voices)

I have also been trying to figure out how to make my own characters. I started small and just editted around the commands and constants of Vile(VAVA). I am going to use Cobra Commander to practice around with changing animations and sprites, though, since he doesnt have too many to worry about and it would be easier than one with 800+ sprites to play with. Also, if you actually took the time to read my whole Mugen life story, then thank you :P I appreciate your attentions.

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
I was looking for Mk project...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »
When I used to have a MySpace, I saw a video that showed Evil Ryu by MystikBlaze, and Reu's Evil Ken against Shao Khan and Scorpion. A few days later I discovered what it was and here I am today...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Sinister-X

• Last Login:October 05, 2010, 12:41:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:38 AM »
Hmm, I guess it was 2006....I think thats when I was looking for videos on ken from regular Street fighter on youtube and I saw Violent Ken, "I said no, get out of here". I searched for codes since I was fooled. then I saw other videos and noticed it was mugen. why didn't anyone tell me, whyyyyy!!!!

then I just wanted all X-men on my mugen and till today I'm collecting marvel characters, while keeping Violent Ken and Evil Ryu of course. I just wish V-Ken & E-ryu were challenging.   

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
well for me it was kinda destiny. i was chillin at home on the cpu just browsing crap after crap. I was looking for anime videos . this was in 2001. I have always wanted to make my own game since i was 18. But didnt really know any good programs to give me what i wanted. well flash forward....2006 i was looking for anime videos and i went to youtube and i was thinkin about playing MVC2 on my old dreamcast , yeah i still had it too. As i was looking in youtube this video popped up on the side showcase amv video of ken fighting a goku. i was like HOLY S**T! WTF is this? :o I started reading comments in the posts and saw it was called mugen bu i never googled it. well after a month or so looking at mugen videos, i decided to find out what it really was. Googled it and the first thing came up was a site called Mugenation. i browsed the various characters and pics of em and was like i am in game Heaven. So i downloaded Mugen but i had no clue how to make it work. I started watching youtube turorials on how to add characters and stages and i tried but nothing worked. after a week of chillin from it i watched a different vid and i tried that and i got my first characters in...Evil ken and evil ryu by reu. After that i was hooked and now 3 years later and tiring of dling other peeps characters i am making my own anime game project. MUGEN is the BEST! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:17:46 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
DBZ MUGEN :O*D
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline zombiebrock

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
  • I Love My Wife Malissa & Our Rageing Demon Lilly
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »
i was on youtube about 4 years ago and was just ranominly looking up video's typed in Streetfighter vs Mortalkombat & boom there ya go ,watched  the mvc scorpian & sub vs ken & ryu, and googled mugen,went from there  :thumbsup:

My Reasons for living my wife & Little Demon \m/

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »
I was looking for Optimus Prime sprites and saw "Fred Flintstone and Homer Simpson vs Optimus Prime and Megatron!" or somethin like that. I thought it was amazing but I didn't know what it was, and watched a ton of videos.

Then I found Naruto MUGEN and realized how huge the MUGEN community was. THEN finally got MUGEN went to Random Select and went crazy.

Found IMT through trying to find comic chars as good as Scruffy's.

Offline Clee

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 25, 2016, 03:59:58 AM
  • An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2011, 07:08:40 PM »
A buddy and I were sitting at work on our break trying to decide which series  was better Samurai Showdown or Street Fighter. As we were bickering a young fella walked by us and heard us aurguing and said "Google MUGEN and you decide " So I did and well the rest is history.

And the beauty that’s in store Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting - Jeremy Camp

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2011, 04:08:45 AM »
A buddy and I were sitting at work on our break trying to decide which series  was better Samurai Showdown or Street Fighter. As we were bickering a young fella walked by us and heard us aurguing and said "Google MUGEN and you decide " So I did and well the rest is history.

amusing lol
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
i was like HOLY S**T! WTF is this?
This really sums it up for me.

Offline Luigi-Master

• Skull fetishist
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
  • Soviet enthusiast
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »
The very first time I saw a MUGEN Video was around 2006-2007, and I was looking for videos related to Wario.  I then came across a video that shown Warner's Wario (who was a controversial sprite swap of Eli's Big Eli) fighting GCNMario's Guile on a stage from Mario's Time Machine and a remix of Waluigi's Pinball, and Wario won.  What I liked about it was how Wario's moves were, and the ironic thing is, the stolen Wario is probably the best version of Wario there was.   :D

I couldn't find anything about it then, so I just went along with my life, and had gotten myself an account on DeviantArt (reason being because I saw a really nice picture of Gardevoir by King-Cheetah, too bad it's gone).  I then made a few friends, and one of them asked me if I heard about MUGEN.  I thought he meant the Samurai Champloo character, but he meant the engine.

He then pointed me to JudgeSpear's channel, which had a whole slew of videos of Homer fighting characters, and the infamous "cheap buster" videos, featuring Metool and others fight characters like Tiger Woods and Majin Buu.  I then got Mugen with some various characters, such as Pepito, Mario, and Ray-Man by Cyanide, but I wanted the then outstanding EvE screenpack, and the Wario I seen in that video with the stage, which over time I got them.  I build several rosters over time, and currently I have around 60 characters.

Offline C.R.O.M.-Mugen-Ninja

• The One And Only Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 06, 2023, 09:49:01 AM
  • The Ninja is never gone ~
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »
It started around 2006.. I watched some youtube videos.. and just!! wow.. I've played street fighter alpha 3!! but not like this  :o .. and reed MUGEN.. and was like.. WHAT THE F*** is MUGEN??.. I searched and downloaded.. but had no idea on how to put in mugen characters or stages so I deleated it.. some moths later I watch more and wanted to give Mugen 1 more chance.. then I figured out everything and after that day I've been playing Mugen everyday (No Lie)  :w00t:
For many years, Mugen has been a passion to the Ninja, and still today it is. From 09' n' til this day ~

Keep fighting, keep struggling, keep creating, and have fun ~

Offline Toxin97

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2024, 12:21:26 AM
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
I saw a video of it when i looked up a mk video I had no idea what it was but looked it up 2 years later i finally downloaded it but could not figure out how to download chars from IM but i found out i needed 7-zip and ive been addicted ever since

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
Maybe five years ago, when I was 11, I ran into a whole bunch of strange fighting game stuff. My dad had hacked my PSP so I had a whole bunch of CPS2 games. I remember I first read about UFGE on the internet. I really don't like that engine.  \-/o
Then, I don't know what happened, but I came across a website showcasing a bunch of Capcom characters, and a huge majority were characters I never heard of (like Evil Ken and Evil Dan...  :o) I found that very interesting.
Then my bro got CvS2 for the Gamecube. That's when I learned about SNK. I ran across Marancv's website and saw even more cool stuff!
Pretty soon my MySpace was flooded with Mugen fights. I deleted my account recently though. I had become obsessed with Mugen. (Though I actually didn't attempt using it untill the end of ninth grade!)
Maybe by the end of ninth grade I got into Megaman: Robot Master Mayhem. I didn't know too much about Classic Megaman, but I loved the project. It was because of this that I got into Classic Megaman, though I had already played some classic games. Now I know a whole bunch about it, and as I joined IMT last year, I am now involved with RMM.
And to think it all started from a hacked PSP and that darn UFGE. (I never used it!)
 :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:32:37 PM by Hypnotize »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal