collapse

Author Topic: Hobgoblin & Joker released !!!!  (Read 5921 times)

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
Re: Hobgoblin & Joker released !!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
 :)

Offline sixrap

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 30, 2008, 11:21:20 PM
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
THANKX!!!! Great Work Guys. >:(

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
These are beta releases right?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »
Thank you for this release and happy halloween.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »

All I can say is If you dont like them you can always delete them. Mine is pretty much finished other than minor tweeks I may do.

Differant people have differant expectations, maybe these just dont meet yours. Im sure we all have things we like others dont. Its human nature

I didn't say I didn't like them, I asked if they were beta releases. As pointed out in the Hobgoblin thread, Hobgoblin in his next release will have new hypers and specials and this release was to show off his basic gameplay. The Joker, I don't know about til now. I should have specify the Joker since I don't remember seeing a thread on him. Beta releases in my eyes doesn't= bad. I was just curious on how far along the characters were.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:44:43 PM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 07:40:32 PM »
FYI, there appears to be a weird glitch with Harley. It doesnt do it on my PC, but I will see if I can figure out why and fix it, (sigh)

Anyone has an idea, let me know

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2010, 09:04:44 PM
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
Both of these characters are great guys! Hobgoblin owned in survival before, and your Joker Alexziq is just ten times better than the other on floating around. Tell me though Alex, is that intro line Joker has from Mask of the Phantasm?

PS: Happy Halloween!
No, i'm not the DCvsMarvel beta tester named Demon, I'm "Teh"demon, and i'm much worse :P

Offline The Great World Emperor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 29, 2011, 11:21:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 08:11:32 PM »
Well worth waiting for.

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 02, 2008, 01:21:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »

I was thinking the same exact thing after I played with Hobgoblin...  :-??

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 08:50:03 PM »
Great releases...i`ll test them out in the weekend for a deeper feedback
I noticed that on a video Teros showed fighting Joker with Ryu,after the Shinpuu tatsumaki-senpuu-kyaku hit Joker`s striker Harley,her hammer hit sprites appeared gliching during the rest of the round...check the show and tell section for a visual look on that bug

Offline Lord Vader

• Restricted Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 19, 2011, 05:59:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 09:30:44 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't see what the big fuss is all about. These two characters aren't all that spectacular. Pardon my language but the Joker sprites are crap. The concept is great with his moves and all but his sprites are atrocious. They just don't look welll with someone like Ryu or Batman. Make them of the same quality as the Capcom sprites and it could be a good character. And Hobgoblin is nothing more than a sprite edit of Green Goblin. Even though Warmachine was just a pallete swap of Iron Man he still had unique moves. These two characters could be great if they were just polished up extensively. Make something that has the same quality as the creations from the DC vs. Marvel team and then you'll have two great characters. And yes, I just deleted them from my roster so don't tell me to do that lol. I'm sorry if I came off as harsh but that's just how I feel these two characters could be good.

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't see what the big fuss is all about. These two characters aren't all that spectacular. Pardon my language but the Joker sprites are crap. The concept is great with his moves and all but his sprites are atrocious. They just don't look welll with someone like Ryu or Batman. Make them of the same quality as the Capcom sprites and it could be a good character. And Hobgoblin is nothing more than a sprite edit of Green Goblin. Even though Warmachine was just a pallete swap of Iron Man he still had unique moves. These two characters could be great if they were just polished up extensively. Make something that has the same quality as the creations from the DC vs. Marvel team and then you'll have two great characters. And yes, I just deleted them from my roster so don't tell me to do that lol. I'm sorry if I came off as harsh but that's just how I feel these two characters could be good.

Beggars can't be choosers, each to their own and such forth.

Frankly, I'm just glad to have a working Joker in my roster (since DC Vs. Marvel privatised all their Dark Knight-related characters). The DC vs. Marvel team have a standard, but they also have lord knows how many experienced members working on the characters: you can't expect everyone to produce something to a standard that's been created through someone else's characters. That would be like telling Warner to go redo all his stuff just because you played as someone else's SNK characters and the sprites were more realistic. It would be more fair to compare standards to character's the person has created previously. For example, I personally feel that TGM's spriting improves with every new project he embarks on.

On the flip-side, I do personally believe that there's always room for improvement, but at the same time you have to know when to say enough's enough (don't try and fix something when it isn't broken). It's an interesting balance. ;)

Sorry if I'm waffling, I'm just trying to diffuse a potential drama-bomb here. :thumbsup:

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 10:04:09 PM »
nice release thanks again i love the voice overs for the joker  :)

and i def agree with you Russian Gestapo  :thumbsup:

Offline Mustkillroy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2008, 06:32:29 PM
  • The sprite is still cool!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »
Trying to do a HCB with Joker causes him to glitch out.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »

Why make joker look like a capcom character? He playes like a SNK character, he looks like an SNK character.
Yes hobgoblin is a sprite edit and sound swap of green goblin  (DT got the ok from Acey) and he stated a long time ago that the first relese was going to be pritty much that. These are not characters from scruffy dragon, so you have no right to expect them to look and play like one, thats just unrealistic. Perhaps you should try making your own capcom style joker if you want one so much, but dont expect ALEXZIQ's to change art styles cuz of you. I think these characters are good enough, and if they update them ill be happy. Constructive critisam is good, but yours was just a tad too much....

Offline rbbt780

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 30, 2012, 06:23:07 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 11:18:45 PM »

Why make joker look like a capcom character? He playes like a SNK character, he looks like an SNK character.
Yes hobgoblin is a sprite edit and sound swap of green goblin  (DT got the ok from Acey) and he stated a long time ago that the first relese was going to be pritty much that. These are not characters from scruffy dragon, so you have no right to expect them to look and play like one, thats just unrealistic. Perhaps you should try making your own capcom style joker if you want one so much, but dont expect ALEXZIQ's to change art styles cuz of you. I think these characters are good enough, and if they update them ill be happy. Constructive critisam is good, but yours was just a tad too much....

i agree spidermew also great chars mate both totally own

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:07 PM »
And yes, I just deleted them from my roster so don't tell me to do that lol. I'm sorry if I came off as harsh but that's just how I feel these two characters could be good.

Surprise, Surprise

Dude you must just look to critisize our stuff. Find someone else to mouth off about. People have differant tastes, and you need to show a little more class. If you dont like it delete it, simple, but quit being a critic. You come off like a real sad, griping troll.

I can tell you like Scruffy, it shows in how you treat people's work.
dude i cant believe that you get bothered of what ppl say.. *sigh*..  *critisize * lmao..
just take it like a man.. and work harder on the character.. not saying that it sucks tho . In fact i like joker(but not hobgoblin as much)

Offline Lord Vader

• Email
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2007, 11:58:33 PM »

Surprise, Surprise

Dude you must just look to critisize our stuff. Find someone else to mouth off about. People have differant tastes, and you need to show a little more class. If you dont like it delete it, simple, but quit being a critic. You come off like a real sad, griping troll.

I can tell you like Scruffy, it shows in how you treat people's work.

Wow. You must be a twelve year old or something, or at least act like one, since you clearly can't take criticism. There's no need to through a tantrum over it. The criticism was supposed to be mature and constructive. I didn't state it in a matter such as "OMG WTFBBQ ur charakter sux butt." I'd hope you'd take the advice instead of brushing it aside like someone who is arrogrant would do. And if you read the post again I did say I deleted it. The only troll here is you unfortunately, for not being able to take it like a man like the poster above me said. I believe you were the person who made Doomsday as well? That wasn't that well done either. If you want to make a truly great character then you have to pay attention to all of its details and make sure it looks professional. Your Joker frankly doesn't look professional at all, unlike Supes and Wonder Woman from the DC vs. Marvel. And what's wrong with liking Scruffy Dragon? They make great creations. It's only the head of the team Magus that's not so nice sometimes. So maybe next time you should think about the advice instead of defending your work like it's the greatest creation for MUGEN. (Which I can assure you it's not.)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 12:20:15 AM »
Whats wrong with scruffy dragons? Well they call people theifs and give them childish user group names because they dont like them.  They've done this to ALEXZIQ, and any link to Team Spoiler''s creations are edited out and left with flames. Doom's day wasnt finished, and they advertized that and yet you still complain about it.  And im sorry but just because its not capcom art style dosnt mean that Joker dosnt look profesional. And if thats not it, well frankly you havnt stated anynything else that makes it unproffesional.
You should try sprite editing, and making a character that "looks profesional"
Its not easy.

Offline Lord Vader

• Email
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 12:54:42 AM »
Ok I'll try to spell it out.

-Like I said before the sprites aren't exactly of great quality. Capcom or SNK style, they just aren't polished. There's not enough shading and he looks ackward. The colors are wierd too. His face doesn't look that well. The whole character is too pixelated and the animations aren't that great either. Frankly I don't think it can be saved. You would need to redo it from scratch.
-The Hobgolbin should have only been released (that is if you wanted it to be a complete character) when the new moves were added. A sprite edit of the green goblin is nice and all but it's not a good character.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:57:44 AM by Lord Vader »

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 02, 2008, 01:21:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 01:11:22 AM »

Aint nothing wrong with keeping it real.I dont know why people are complaining about you keeping it real for.Sometimes the truth hurts.In my opinion I think that hobgoblin is horrible.I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but Im just being honest.I didnt bother downloading joker but I erased hobgoblin from my mugen right after the first time I played with him.I really hope that Hobgoblin is a beta and not a final complete release character.otherwise thats kinda sad.Aint nothing wrong with the sprite swaps from green goblin.that was probably the only good idea with this character, but you could've made him better.he only has 1 special and one super.hopefully Im wrong though and he replies telling me that its a beta.

Im not trying to flame anybody but people shouldnt have no problem with Lord Vader keeping it real.Hobgoblin colors and animations should be redone.Plus his face looks like its about to melt or something.That need to be fixed too.Just trying to help you out and report the bugs so dont take anything personal

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2007, 01:43:50 AM »
Darth, if you look at the Joker, it is obviously a Oswald edit. His suit and everything look nice, very little needed to be edited. I mean Oswald outside of a few things is the PERFECT base for the Joker. Joker's face isn't all that bad, alittle more detail, yea, but it isn't god awful as you make it seem. It comes across as overall a not a bad Oswald edit to the Joker. Just change the face some and do minor edits and you have the Joker. I don't see how it looks that bad when it is a small edit of Oswald, Joker is basically a Pallet swap. Unless you think Oswald looks bad overall ok then, but you can't blame Alex. If you're going by that blow up picture Alex put up....yea it does look kinda bad, but then again alot of characters due to them being pixels would look bad that big.

Do I think the this Joker is good, yea it is, but I think it can be great with a couple of minor touches here or there. I really did wish there was a WIP thread where I could have tossed in some ideas. My ideas aren't big things at all. I will make one criticism, Harley Quinn stays on the field too long after she strikes. I think she should just get out of the way after she attacks, outside of that, the Joker stands as a character, to me it is a good release.

Hobgoblin looks awsome, Hobgoblin as been stated already is just a sprite swap. This isn't a secret, it was stated in the WIP thread that this is what Hobgoblin was gonna be in this initial release. I don't think anyone should complain about Hobgoblin about being a sprite swap of Green Goblin. I know it is a sprite swap....but he looks to cool not to have XD.

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
I don't understand what the big deal is if you don't like the character don't download it. \-/o The Hobgoblin is still a beta.This is not Scruffy Dragon. DrakTalbain and Alexziq can make there character whatever they want. You guys should be lucky that they released public otherwise they would of came out private. They are doing there best. Team Spoiler is a new team. Don't expect the characters to be the same as Scruffy Dragon creations. If you what my opinion they are both great.  :)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2007, 02:58:01 AM »
THAT s why you will never see my chars on this board, i tod you so :-$, too much of:
"i have never done anything but i m an expert" ~X(
 :D :DxDie :DxDie :D :DxDie :D :DxDie

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 03:56:28 AM »
THAT s why you will never see my chars on this board, i tod you so :-$, too much of:
"i have never done anything but i m an expert" ~X(
 :D :DxDie :DxDie :D :DxDie :D :DxDie

Dude seriously, there are people like that on EVERY board. Everyone on here except 2 people didn't like the characters. Heck I will go outright and say this, I think Hobgoblin looks better than Acey's Green Goblin. Noone IMO is above criticism but, it is how the criticism is handed out. Just ignore those kind of people. Your remark makes it seem like everyone on Infinity is mean and can't give good criticism =\.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare