collapse

Author Topic: Ive been learning the UNITY Engine  (Read 518 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Ive been learning the UNITY Engine
« on: December 16, 2021, 07:37:30 PM »
whats up IMT. been eons. Ive Been a Gamer Dad these days. My son is 4 now. and watching him grow is a new experience and adventure  :)

Ive been dancing between engines Game Maker studio 2 and Unity. Ive been more so on Unity because ive progressed further with it but i kinda still like Game maker studio more because coding on it is a bit easier to handle. Its just importing sprites on it oddly can be a drag on that engine for some reason ~X(. its not as user friendly as Unity when it comes to that. one has something better than the other that i like smh

Anyone else here digs in a bit of Game maker studio, Unreal or Unity? i have all 3 and one other program. My son keeps me motivated to keep going on this passion project

But anyway This just my Enemy A.I. test on one of my builds ive tried recently. My real project is on another saved build ive let close friends test. Hopefully if things come together how i want it ill have it on steam to play. Im so into this indie dev scene. i love it :thumbsup: Now in the video below:

The Blue cube is my test player
The yellow circle is the AI Enemy patrol (mindlessly walks back and forth)
The purple circle is the AI "Aggro" Enemy (it starts to follow you when you get close then it stops when you get away far enough)
The red circle is the AI "Stalker" Enemy (once you get close enough it stalks you and follows you on the ground non stop)

I have a "Seeker" enemy AI but the code isnt perfect yet. Its for flying enemies. i got it half way. But the goal is to get it to be an flying enemy thats like the annoying eagles in the old Ninja Gaiden NES or the Ghosts that follow you in Castlevania 3

Type of game im trying to create? Its gonna have elements of NES Games: Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Street fighter 2010 and Bionic commando

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Ive been learning the UNITY Engine
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 08:35:33 PM »
Hey man, good to see you around.
So are you toying with new engines? I've trying some new stuff too, like Godot

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Ive been learning the UNITY Engine
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »
Yeah Godot was one of the first i started toying with but i fell off due to lack of tutorials to find to learn stuff for it at the time. So then i got way more into Unity & then later GMS. Ive been dancing between those. Godot and GMS ive been told is way less work load ("User friendly") that most can pull off alone instead of a team with faster progress. I got more into Unity because there was so many Tutorials and a bigger community for it like Unreal engine community to learn stuff.

I think i would be into GMS More if i wasnt having such an odd time importing my own sprites. It doesnt seem as easy as say maybe Fighter factory or Unity for that. But eh, yeah im toying with them all feeling out which one i get the most progress in what im going for
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal