collapse

Author Topic: Winquote Issues and Other Inquiries  (Read 572 times)

Offline RJiggler

• Character Concepts Consultant
  • Last Login:October 13, 2019, 04:36:43 PM
  • mom said it's my turn on the xbox
Winquote Issues and Other Inquiries
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
Howdy! 
I used to be a semi-frequent lurker and infrequent poster under a different moniker-- I'm currently setting up the first new 1.1 build in years, trying to really clean up the characters to conform to the screenpack plus make minor modifications to enhance the playstyles of a select few.

I have three immediate questions, and probably more to come:
1) I have some characters that don't have any winquotes, and even when I add them in perfect format beneath [Movement]--
Code: [Select]
[Quotes]

victory1 = "Yada yada"
victory2 = "GODDAMN YADA"
-- I'm still not getting anything other than the default on the win screen.  Although not an isolated incident, the focal character in question is Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). While the Statedefs and such are obviously still in english, it looks like a lot of the code was written in something (I'm assuming Japanese) that isn't translating properly into Notepad.  At any rate, is there a new state I need to write to be able to get winquotes to function normally for him?

2) Similar to LifeAdd and PowerAdd, I'm interested in adding a hypothetical state to a character that increases a character's attack or defense stat by one each second.  Not sure if I've missed something obvious in looking around for state types, but it evades me.  Any ideas?

3) Has anyone figured out how to manipulate randomselect (or create altered clones of it) so that it functions within specific parameters?  I know the answer was no back, like, six years ago, but I'm curious if anyone's figured out how to create a list of tags for characters that a unique randomselect could draw upon.

Thank you kindly for your help!  I appreciate this community immensely!

Tags: Quotes randomselect 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal