collapse

Author Topic: Super Christmas and Cranky New Year! (SCF2 Relased!)  (Read 879 times)

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 01, 2023, 08:06:41 PM
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
Super Christmas and Cranky New Year! (SCF2 Relased!)
« on: December 23, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
Oh well, this should have been posted after OldGamer sent me some cool video of it, but I'm anxious to let you know about the release of....

SUPER CRANKY FIGHTERS 2!

My 3rd original full game, done in collaboration with OldGamer (screenpack) and JonKK (coding help).
This little game contains:
- 17 original characters
- 17 original stages
- original soundtrack
- nice visual effects
- innovated gameplay
- other stuff

Here are some screens:

Here is the official video (recorded and edited by OldGamer)

Go and get it HERE!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:27:39 PM by mulambo »

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
Re: Super Christmas and Cranky New Year! (SCF2 Relased!)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:02:43 AM »
Perfect news man!! I am downloading it now!! Congrats!!  :w00t:

Offline electrocaid

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 03, 2021, 05:23:26 AM
  • muhahahahaaaaa
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 05:50:52 AM »
Respects, dude!
Amazing work, as usual  :Terry

Offline OldGamer

• IMT ScreenPack Creator
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 10:45:30 PM
  • Mugen Creator for Stages & Screen Pack
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:27 PM »
 :o OMG he made me into A 3D mugen character AWESOME  :w00t:

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 12:07:19 AM »
For those who are wondering how I made the chars and stages: http://emanuelepepi.blogspot.it/2018/01/super-cranky-fighters-2-making-of.html

The blog is in Italian, but I guess the google translate can do the job. :P

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:03:22 AM »
Thanks for the info :)
But something got my attention on your blog:

That red clsn is wrong in many levels. It should be at the same size of the blue clsn, or the move will have infinity priority. There are cases where you can use the red clsn like that, like in swinging moves, but not in that case. And there is no need to overlap the blue clsn like that.

This happens in all your game?

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
Thanks for the info :)
But something got my attention on your blog:

That red clsn is wrong in many levels. It should be at the same size of the blue clsn, or the move will have infinity priority. There are cases where you can use the red clsn like that, like in swinging moves, but not in that case. And there is no need to overlap the blue clsn like that.

Well, you know, what you said would have been meaningful if the chars were made to work outside of the "full package" of the game. But beside being just your opinion ( I mean: what's so really wrong about it? and thank you so much for your support, dude, really appreciate it ;)  / :(  ), my game works well even if those clsns boxes are more freely and less precise than the standard clsn boxes you're used to see or to make. I hope I've been understandable, you know. As we play musical style, you may be prog metal, I'm punk-grunge, you know the difference, right?

In poor words: that's my game, my chars work that way, so unfortunely for the perfectionists of the clsn: yep it's always that way. It's a funny game, not a pro one. If you wish to make a game as pro as a commercial game, well, either it's a case of excess in caring (obsessive-compulsive disorder) or a uselesse ambition. MUGEN shouldn't be that picky, honestly. The basics are there, what's important is there.  All the rest doesn't matter to me, honestly. What's important is that the clsn red boxes don't go where there is not attack area, and the blue ones don't go where there's nothing that can be hit. But you should know this is a relative argument, sometimes hiding the blue clsn boxes is useful for making the char perform some actions (like dodging without disabling playerpush or enabling nothitby). 

Well, in simpler words: I ain't no perfectionist, therefore I don't care if my stuff is not "perfect". I make things more for fun, less for awards. Otherwise I would have made the same old repeated clone of Kyo, Akuma, Ryu, etc. Don't worry. Not anyone understands originality eheheh ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:34:15 PM by mulambo »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »
Well, you know, what you said would have been meaningful if the chars were made to work outside of the "full package" of the game. But beside being just your opinion.
wow, after reading that, I won't even bother explaining what I wrote...

Just a hint: if you don't want people post opinions about your work, don't post it publicly. It's a law of the internet.
Because if you will reply so rudely and arrogantly, it is better not to post.

Because people like that end up getting on the "blacklist" of other members (like you just got into mine), who start ignoring everything the person does. And nothing is worse for a creator than being ignored.

Gee, I have not read anything like that in a long time.

PS: Don't even bother replying, I won't read at all.

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »
Because if you will reply so rudely and arrogantly, it is better not to post.
oh come on, what's so arrogant and rude about what I said? Like if you didn't purposely baited me into it, well, we're into it now. "How bow dah?"

It's a law of the internet.

Really?
I thought the internet was 90% pron, memes, revenge-pron, keyboard lions, internet bullies, fails, shock-sites, and other kind of stuff which is still ethically discussed all-over the world "outside" of the virtual world. I know netiquette. Did I directly offend you? I don't think so, read my comment again, if you find anything offensive, let me know.
Because people like that end up getting on the "blacklist" of other members (like you just got into mine), who start ignoring everything the person does. And nothing is worse for a creator than being ignored.

Gee, I have not read anything like that in a long time.

PS: Don't even bother replying, I won't read at all.
Touchè. Well, people are free to do whatever they want, ignoring or black-listing me or you, but I know you will eventually read what I said because you will care about other people reading what I said to you. It's a psychological law.

You can't call someone "arrogant" and "rude" just because he/she didn't say exactly what you expected him/her to tell you. That's the real arrogance, maybe, but I'm not here to judge anybody, unlike somebody else, you know. This way, in your  life, you will ignore everyone who doesn't fit your opinion and you will exclude anyone, rather than politely confronting yourself truthfully with the other ones. If that's what you want, well you got freedom of choice, but in the long run it will affect your sociability (IRL).

My suggestion? Chill.

For example, If I told you : "yeah, you're right, my clsns are f***ed up and I don't care" that would have been really arrogant and rude. Did I do that? No. I rather explained in a more complex and deep way what's behind a simple decision, and I wasn't the one willing to do it, someone asked me and I replied. Sssssssimple. :P
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:58:17 PM by mulambo »

Offline mulambo

• Contributor
  • Godsent Devil
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
OG you're completely right and you know that for the help you gave me I wouldn't contraddict you, unless there's something that, for the sake of honesty, I must necessarily tell.
I know you, but I don't know him, I trust what you say about him being a great person and I feel he's like what you said, really. But only one sentence like this

gives enough space to doubt.

Of course, people which point out the flaws of others are just there to help, and I appreciate the help I receive because it makes me and my work improve or else I would be really "arrogant".

But with a question like the one above, shouldn't I feel free to ask myself "what's the real point of this dude? "
Imho, that's not really helpful, that's unkind and an attempt to humiliate me. So, should I be grateful to those who want to help me, or for those who want to humiliate me?
I know it all looks half-wrong, I was all ears untill that last question of O Ilusionista. That made me seriously doubt, no calm people make questions like that.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista