collapse

Author Topic: X-men Apocalypse News  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
X-men Apocalypse News
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:06:16 AM »
So far they've officially cast Apocalypse, a young Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Angel/Archangel (though which actor has not yet been confirmed) and now....

Olivia Munn as Psylocke!?!? Say whaaaaaaaaaat!?!? :O
http://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/587707838203428864

I'm not sure how I feel about this casting. On one hand, she has the look, but I don't know if she has the acting chops to play the character seriously. Now, I haven't seen her in any serious roles. I mainly know her from Attack of the Show.
It also depends on how much of a role she'll have in this movie.

I'm guessing the young/teen mutants will have small roles, like Blink and Bishop did in DOFP. Dang there are a ton of mutants in this movie! And the rumors are it's going to focus heavily on Mystique again??? I don't get this. I'm still excited for this, but I have no idea what kind of a movie this is going to be. Maybe Psylocke will be one of Apocalypse's horsemen?

What do you guys think of all these casting announcements Singer keeps tweeting? Is the movie too crowded now? Were you a fan of how Singer used Blink, Bishop, etc? Or do you think there should be far less characters and give a few the screen time they deserve? And when the heck are we going to see Dazzler!?!?! This movie is set in the 80's for goodness sake. Gotta have her in there.

I'm super excited to see Jubilee will be in here! I just hope she has a larger role this time. After hearing all these casting announcements, I say forget Mystique! I wanna see these new young mutants! :)

Note: I really like Days of Future Past. I thought Bishop could have had a better role, but I enjoyed the use of all the mutants none the less. I understand for a 2 hour movie, you can't give every character a ton of screen time for thorough character development.

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 28, 2024, 05:13:04 PM
Re: X-men Apocalypse News
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
Munn was good on the newsroom in a more serious role, so I think she'll be fine.  The biggest disappointment I have in the X-Men films is that wolverine's costume especially blue and yellow has yet to be used.

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 26, 2024, 06:34:36 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:37:15 PM »
I figure if she can cosplay as chun li than im good with her playing psylocke in this movie

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »
Checkout some of the first pics of the new young X-men!

Nightcrawler! My favorite X-man! Love the red on the jacket reminds me of his classic costume. Subtle reference to it. Very clever.
http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-what-nightcrawler-will-look-x-men-apocalypse-218611

GASP! Jubilee will wear her yellow jacket!!!! XD
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cylcops-jean-grey-jubilee-nightcrawler-step-out-in-x-men-apocalypse-set-photos
Love the 80's look! These pics really feel like X-men to me. :)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
More set photos. We get a good view of Jubilee and Jean!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/28/x-men-apocalypse-set-photos-reveal-jubilee-scott-and-jean

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I bet this is just a small part of the movie though. I almost wish they'd forget Apocalypse and just do young 80's X-men! Maybe this will lead to another sequel and they can focus on these guys.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Hahaha first thing I thought when I say Night crawler in that on set photo was........Thiller!?!?!!

my new one

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 12:20:26 PM »
It's the 80's. That's was the thing to wear then! I actually think that's an awesome match for NC!
For some reason this reminds me of Terminator. I imagine the teen mutants running away from like some Purifiers in the mall or something. That would have been cool.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
Man this movie timeline is about as messed up as the one in the comics  :D

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
Well, if you think of First Class as a reboot or completely alternate timeline, then it's not that messed up. DOFP shows us we need to forget all the movies before.

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »
All these movies are bad every xmen movie but the first one lol.  And how can jubilee exist in this universe when she was 16 in the first 3 xmen movies.  They are going too far with this oh well another sucky xmen movie surprise.  I think they should start letting comic writers adapt comic movies for the big screen at least it wouldn't be a hot mess like xmen movies have been :(
*Note Soon

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
All these movies are bad every xmen movie but the first one :(
Even X2? Because I rather liked that one.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »
I havent liked any of the x men movies other than  X2 and maybe  First class too. But its was still meh in certain regards. First one was ok but all the regular x men flicks center around wolverine too much for my taste.

I dont know anything solid yet about this flick that would get me remotely excited to wanna see it but if they handle it good and throw some very good action and story telling in it i might be game for it cause the others seriously lack real appeal to me. Keep wolverine out of it too and focus just on this set .

X men movies need to have the hype and pull Avergers movies have.

Offline jax123

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 02, 2023, 06:19:00 PM
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 06:15:51 AM »
YES! I like the X-Men movies more then most MCU movies! my most anticipated Marvel movie of 2016, i've never been excited MCU films except this one to be honest!

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 08:07:37 AM »
I dont know anything solid yet about this flick that would get me remotely excited to wanna see it but if they handle it good and throw some very good action and story telling in it i might be game for it cause the others seriously lack real appeal to me. Keep wolverine out of it too and focus just on this set .

As far as I'm aware, Wolverine won't be in this movie. People are saying Jackman's last performance as Wolverine will be in the third Wolverine film.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »
Singer released another tweet/instagram with a much better look at Jubilee and Jean!

I'm loving this. It's a very creative take on adapting X-men to live action.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
Nice......hey wait a sec.....are they or most of theml all supposed to be Teens in this movie? If so, this gonna very weird.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:05:18 PM by C.R.O.M - Hobo Superior Lando! »

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »
More set photos. We get a good view of Jubilee and Jean!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/28/x-men-apocalypse-set-photos-reveal-jubilee-scott-and-jean

that is the thriller jacket which is the best compromise I could hope for his costume, it's perfect.  It screams 80's, it has shoulder pads v shapes like his costume and it's associated with monsters too cool

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
BIG update here. First official pics of Apocalypse, Psylocke and others!
http://www.ew.com/gallery/first-look-x-men-apocalypse/2248598_ororo-munroestorm-alexandra-shipp-en-sabah-nurapocalypse-oscar-isaac-and-betsy-braddockpsylocke

I love all the 80's fashion. Xavier never looked better. I'm stunned they actually put Psylocke in her skimpy, classic comic costume. That's crazy. But it looks good. Makes you wonder why they haven't done similar with other classic comic costumes.
The one I'm disappointed with is Apocalypse. He looks like a blue Ivan Ooze! Ah!

I will say though, after seeing how everyone falls into which team, this movie doesn't feel as crowded as before. Though we can assume not everyone will get thorough character development. But I think the newer, young mutants (cyclops, jean, jubilee, storm, kurt) are being introduced and will get their own trilogy after this. Really hoping Kurt and Jubilee get to be main characters when that happens!!!

Offline ParanormalParanoia

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 30, 2022, 04:02:26 PM
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ SCREW THIS TABLE ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) SCREW
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »
Dat Apocalypse looks awful, reminds me more of Kang the Conqueror than Apocalypse.
At least give him the weird Mech lips  :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 [29] 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal