collapse

Author Topic: The Status of SMvC: EoH  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 11:45:13 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
The Status of SMvC: EoH
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:32:16 AM »
There was a time that this game was growing and improving. Nowadays, there is nothing. This game is the main reason, in my opinion, that Infinity Mugen Team was formed in the first place.

Is this project complete, alive, or discontinued?

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: The Status of SMvC: EoH
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
There was a time that this game was growing and improving. Nowadays, there is nothing. This game is the main reason, in my opinion, that Infinity Mugen Team was formed in the first place.

Is this project complete, alive, or discontinued?

I'm glad that EoH is so near and dear to your heart. It is to mine as well. Allow me to respond to this with a little bit of history. IMT was formed in 2006 as a response to the elitist problems within the mugen community; we had no particular goals in making stuff. We started with "sharing" and then a few months later the "creating" came along and became who we are.

After I joined the admin team in November 2006 I started the concept of creating a Marvel vs. Capcom game, since that is where my interest lay. It was announced in Dec 2006 and released in Dec 2007. It is my child, my first born and as thus is subject to many of my best and worst moments in mugen design. It continued to grow and was re-released each year until the most recent build in June of 2010. Then I spent 6 months on XSC which came out in December 2010 and was updated in 2011. Then in 2012 we began work on AvX which dropped in March 2013. While I've been working on other projects I have left EoH in the hands of others, but there have not been a subsequent release since.

These projects are huge and require a lot of work and attention. In the end of the day each of these projects are just excuses to create a whole new group of characters for the mugen engine. Right now with the effort being put into the Marvel projects (XSC, AvX), the Capcom projects (RMM, Capcom U, Red Earth) and Nestor's all new MvC, it is likely that EoH's next release is still a ways out, and with all of the upgrades it is likely to actually be a sequel rather than a new release.

10 more years of Mahvel.

Offline jwilliams08

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2024, 07:33:08 PM
  • I wish I could sprite.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
I'm glad that EoH is so near and dear to your heart. It is to mine as well. Allow me to respond to this with a little bit of history. IMT was formed in 2006 as a response to the elitist problems within the mugen community; we had no particular goals in making stuff. We started with "sharing" and then a few months later the "creating" came along and became who we are.

After I joined the admin team in November 2006 I started the concept of creating a Marvel vs. Capcom game, since that is where my interest lay. It was announced in Dec 2006 and released in Dec 2007. It is my child, my first born and as thus is subject to many of my best and worst moments in mugen design. It continued to grow and was re-released each year until the most recent build in June of 2010. Then I spent 6 months on XSC which came out in December 2010 and was updated in 2011. Then in 2012 we began work on AvX which dropped in March 2013. While I've been working on other projects I have left EoH in the hands of others, but there have not been a subsequent release since.

These projects are huge and require a lot of work and attention. In the end of the day each of these projects are just excuses to create a whole new group of characters for the mugen engine. Right now with the effort being put into the Marvel projects (XSC, AvX), the Capcom projects (RMM, Capcom U, Red Earth) and Nestor's all new MvC, it is likely that EoH's next release is still a ways out, and with all of the upgrades it is likely to actually be a sequel rather than a new release.

10 more years of Mahvel.
Or you can call it a remake because of the fact that the original was so buggy.

Offline LoKoLoKo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 08, 2024, 09:58:32 PM
  • Por hoje é só pessoal!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:06 PM »
Dude, I think this very cool game!
Inspires me a lot, I use the old list of scams the SMVC: EoH on all my chars in my private Mugen. If you really need small improvements to make it more impressive.
LONG LIFE TO SUPER  MARVEL VS CAPCOM!

Sorry for the bad english.  :w00t:

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
Dude, I think this very cool game!
Inspires me a lot, I use the old list of scams the SMVC: EoH on all my chars in my private Mugen. If you really need small improvements to make it more impressive.
LONG LIFE TO SUPER  MARVEL VS CAPCOM!

Sorry for the bad english.  :w00t:

There were a lot of improvements needed to make it 'more impressive.' Seeing as I, years ago, pointed out many parts of the game that needed improvement, I should know. ;)

Offline hypermaycol

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 30, 2024, 10:20:35 PM
  • Fan of Selena Gomez and MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:06 PM »
Not Too much to say. Only that this project must be converted to MUGEN 1.0 or MUGEN 1.1.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal