collapse

Author Topic: CRIME DOE$ PAY (WIP)  (Read 1526 times)

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 12, 2024, 04:55:56 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
CRIME DOE$ PAY (WIP)
« on: September 26, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »
CRIME DOE$ PAY is the name of me and my brothers OpenBor project. It's about a gang of rejects that couldn't make the cut to join real gangs in Prison. So the gang is mixed up of a bunch of nationality's, which is cool because it gives me freedom to make any kind of character. The Gangs leader is a cripple Mexican guy who can't jump but always carries weapons. He's like the Professor X of the gang :) anyway, he has the idea to start a riot to make the guards of the prison focused on dealing with the mass of crazed inmates so it would be easier to escape. Once they escape I want to have a driving scene were some rides are ready for our gang to escape in, but i'll use this opportunity to have a bonus level were you drive and shoot cops. Once they escape, the goal of the game is to become a mighty criminal force in the city and so you need to start beating the crap out of thugs and drug dealers etc... and take over one block at a time so you can set up your own drug dealing and pimping etc... enterprise. Once you Become Kingpin and your gang is feared through out the city, you win the game. I want there to be weapon pickups like shotguns, pistols, shanks, knives, metal pipes, Molotov cocktails etc... each with there own death animations if that's possible. I know they have death2 animations at least so I might limit the weapon pic ups to one weapon  per stage and spawn the right enemies who can die from that weapon with the proper death2 animations. So basically i'm aiming for ... Final Fight + Gears of War + Grand Theft Auto = CRIME DOE$ PAY. I actually got this Idea from looking at my brothers 3 year old sprite Jail Boss and playing the new GTA5. I've only been working on the game for about 3 days now and have made some decent progress. I am rushing threw the animations and will go back later and polish them. Just trying to get something playable and learning the OpenBor code as I go along, so here's what I got so far...

Gang Leader dubbed (Stinger)
He always has weapons to make up for his handicap of not being able to jump or move fast, so he does good damage with them. He starts off with a shank tied into his pony tail and a broken broom handle as weapons.

Walking forward animation

Getting hit with weak attack

Grab

Throw enemy backwards

Weak punch

Stage #1 prison cells
Still needs a good bit of work, but so far so good

Jail Boss
The boss you will fight at the end of the jail break out act. Ostrius Magnus was a former MMA fighter but was duped out of his prize money by a crooked manager after signing a contract that he did not let a lawyer read over. Losing heart for the sport and despising criminals, Ostrius decided to be a cop and was stationed at Lionel Correction Facility. Due to his massive size and fighting ability, he quickly rose in rank and eventually became the Warden of the prison, preferring the name Boss over Warden. Though he has put on some weight and age, Jail Boss is no one you want to mess with and is extra harsh on the prisoners.

Idle stance
My brother Lord Bynum's animation. Re textured by me.

Weak Punch
My brother Lord Bynum's animation. I have not textured this one yet but the animation looks so cool I had to go ahead and display it.

Inmate #1
Just a generic inmate for cannon fodder purposes.

Death by close combat blunt weapon

Idle stance

Pain weak by hit

Weak Punch

Smart palette costumes

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:39:18 PM by ELECTRO »

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:57:14 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
Re: CRIME DOE$ PAY (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
I have to confess, it's weird hitting a wheelchair, I feel weird when I fight against Professor Xavier in his chair.

however it is working very well done there is much potential

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »
I have to confess, it's weird hitting a wheelchair, I feel weird when I fight against Professor Xavier in his chair.

however it is working very well done there is much potential

Does it help that he's a murdering scumbag, that plans to break out of prison and start killing more while pushing dope and hookers on the mean streets of the city, LoL. Thanks for the comments. I'm just happy to be using all original art and is weird seeing it move on screen. I just need more polish on my animations, but it'll slowly get there.

Offline MrAdam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 03, 2020, 09:04:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »
I like this project it sounds great, I like the character designs, particularly the guy in the wheel chair, I'm getting the same kind of vibe from this game as Executioners, a really atrocious beat em up from back in the 90s, where two big, scary dudes would wander the city, fighting mutants, eating midgets, and causing mayhem with all sorts of weapons from axes to bazookas, the graphics sucked, they looked like they were done (Badly) in Pc paint, it was cheesy, and it was badly written, and the controls were atrocious, and it was without a doubt the singly ugliest game in existance but it was a guilty pleasure, check it out here
http://www.bloodlustsoftware.com/executioners.html and here

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »
That was disturbing, especially those sound effects. It makes me wonder if they purposefully made the game that bad, LoL.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »
Hmmmm intriguing this is bro! so i get to beat up all these guys and take over and create my own syndicate network?  >:D good good! hey just a early question if can answer bro.. will this might have a name customizing feature? like i can make up my own name for the character i am playing as and my own syndicate in the end? yeah wild out question but just want to know if it would get detailed like that if can.

the dude in the wheel chair...now thats some cool stuff man! love his animations.  :thumbsup: ::salute::

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
If it is allowable I will add that feature because it sounds like a great idea. I'm just learning about the OpenBor engine as I go along.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
Cool and i def understand cause i am too new to the engine but it has a lot of potential and a lot you can do with it.  i know about 4 to 5 good dudes around here and around that i know mess with bor like O Illu, Zvitor, Doom and esn23. Plus Enso knows some about bor too. So maybe one of these guys could give you a heads up as to whats doable in any ideas you have that might want to try. I like this game idea and would be a cool bor game to play. lando gets to rule the city and the crime! YES! now i can pay off the police!  >:D.

A cool Custom original game so def gets major props from me man. keep at it! ::salute::

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »
.:O:. was saying some really good things about OpenBor to me and so I decided to check it out and now I can't stop messing with it.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:57:14 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
Does it help that he's a murdering scumbag, that plans to break out of prison and start killing more while pushing dope and hookers on the mean streets of the city, LoL. Thanks for the comments. I'm just happy to be using all original art and is weird seeing it move on screen. I just need more polish on my animations, but it'll slowly get there.

Good, so I'll take the quiet conscience .... hehe

is a very original idea, I am waiting for news  :thumbsup:

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »
will this might have a name customizing feature? like i can make up my own name for the character i am playing as and my own syndicate in the end?

hum, maybe with some script it could be possible.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal