collapse

Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread  (Read 21021 times)

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
Re: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Apart from those glitches,the game is awesome,and good luck on fixing what needs to be fixed Acey,love Black Widow's sniper Hyper. :)

Offline roman

• lazy
  • Last Login:June 24, 2017, 04:10:44 PM
  • do you not justice
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »
[align=center]Battledoming thing | Youtube channel[/align]

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
@Acey: I understand what you mean about bosses with nothing but super armor. While I will agree that Giant Sentinel is fine the way he is now, Phoenix Force is a little odd juggling only because it has no other real animation when it gets knocked up or it's on the ground. I know, it's limitation with sprites and you have to work with what you have in hand. Maybe if someone can handdraw knock down sprites for Phoenix Force then it'd be ok. Although in terms of challenges, if bosses have only super armor, then we just need to make sure that they lose health anytime they get hit no matter what.

As for the Forces of Evil stage, I've pretty much figured out most of the patterns in dealing with the bad guys. Just that the turning issue is problematic at times, especially when there is only one enemy on the screen and your character refuses to turn and face him. It's like as if the there's an invisible helper with the "player" flag still in play that prevents you from turning when needed. Still love the idea behind it.

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »
I just found out a weird bug,while i was playing as Iceman, Scarlet Witch used her Hex Bolt Hyper and then i blocked with the ice wall,and then another Scarlet Witch appeared out of nowhere,i have a screenshot,but i don't know how to attach it here,sorry. :(

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
No problem LightingMaster, I know how to fix that bug.

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »
Alright,if i find anything else,i'll post here for sure,we all want this game perfect,and i know that you and everyone that's working on it can make it perfect.  :)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
More test results. This one's long....

Played through with Red Hulk, while I also experimented with other characters like Capt. America, Scarlet Witch, Emma, etc., so some pertains to them, while other points may be for all characters. Also, I may substitute official names with made up names, so if it's not clear  which move I'm talking about I can go into more details, best by pm.

-I noticed there's a limiter on Gamma Charge. Can only do 3 during a certain succession/duration, despite if it hits or not. After 3 reps, Red Hulk will not do any Gamma Charges until this limiter is gone no matter how well you perform the motion. I figure it's to prevent infinites. While this isn't too much of an issue, I'm thinking you can use a different method. Such as, use a var (or helper) to keep track of # times it hits while p2movetype = H, and after 3 successful hits have the var/helper void all Gamma Charge hitdefs and make them not hit until p2movetype != H .

-While fighting an AI-controlled Red Hulk, AI initiated Red Hulk's gun hyper, then during super pause canceled into Gamma Crush. It was very fast but it caused Gamma Crush's hyper bg not to show.

-Gamma Crush in the corner or as a cross up has Hulk appear behind opponent hitting him/her with the missile. Actually, he turns and faces opponent afterwards if he crosses up during the bounce back. Looks unusual as this changes his jump trajectory.

-Wolverine's pounce and ground stab throw puts Red Hulk low into the ground.

-Hulk's crouch LP has very short hitstun, making it hard to combo with.

-Everyone doesn't have the same gethit and/or gethit recovery timing. This may be due to how much time is given to both gethit anim and gethit recovery timing in the air. For example, with Red Hulk I cannot do jump HK, land, Stand LP-Stand MP-Crouch HP on chars like Psylocke and Ms Marvel. However,  this works fine on a character like Colossus.

-Hypers have some peculiar properties. It looks like most do not knock down unless the last hit connects. Ive noticed this on Scarlet Witch's beam super, Red hulk's gun super, etc. Is it because the last hit is what puts p2 into an untechable custom state?

-Hulk's Gamma Crush should hit multiple times even on block. You could just toss in a separate hitdef within the same state that only activates when enemynear, stateno = [120,155], and have it do the multihit part on block. Also it sometimes doesn't put p2 into a knockdown state when the missile hits & explodes. Not sure, but maybe it's because the initial jump up part is what puts p2 into that custom knockdown state?

-Hulk is not invincible while Gamma Throw connects and is in throw sequence. He should, (as well as any character during their own throw sequence) for he was hit out of Gamma Throw by Colossus' debris from his Ground Stomp special attack.

-During the Forces of Evil stage, I lost 1st round to the Giant Sentinel. In the 2nd round Giant Sentinel died to only one hit! Same happened when I met Giant Sentinel during Survival mode.

-Giant Sentinel's forwad moving drones do not hit (not the ones that drop bombs, the ones that collide)

-Red Hulk's gun hyper does a lot of chip damage, almost as much as a hyper. Speaking of chip damage, it looks like everyone's hyper chip damage should be checked. For example, some do really low chip damage despite being a mulithitter, like Cyclops' Beam hypers.

-If you skip Wolverine's intro with the Sentinel, the Sentinel's head won't appear on the ground when the match begins. If you create a separate helper to be the head as round starts and have the other one that falls off from the Sentinel's body destroyself at the same time, then that should resolve the issue.

-If you OTG the opponent with Shield Slash then quickly cancel into Final Justice,  inital part of Final Justice connects , but Cap will miss to do beatdown sequence.

-Cap's shield during Shield Slash still moves during any of his hyper's super pause sequence. Atm it doesn't seem to be an issue, but I can see it giving Cap some unforseen priority against those who try to punish Cap with their own hyper....

-Cap's Stars & Stripes doesn't connect fully if used after an OTG shield slash.

-Emma Frost's Astral Plane (Astral Vision?) special should have playerpush =1 during her dashes, for her form goes off the screen due to overlooking screen boundaries...unless this is intentional.

-Since Emma's Diamond form uses meter, wouldn't it be better that it uses a timer and automatically turns off like other timer-based hypers? Needing to use another stock of meter to deactivate diamond form is abit much. Also, as everyone mentioned,  some moves cause emma to freeze and not move during diamond form. Think her armor coding needs some tweaks to prevent that.

That's it for now. Be nice if I could go through each character, but I can't promise that. Still, having a ball with this game. Digging Scarlet Witch's gameplay. Pretty smart  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:12:01 PM by Sabaki »

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »
also guys check on spiderman and his stage...sometimes he jumps off stage, he flies off screen...his web stays around when it should disapear ex...his hyper where he strings you up

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
Found another bug:Sometimes after we use Shield Slash,the Shield gets stuck in Cap's head,and only after he is knocked down the Shield goes down.

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
I wish I could get my hands on these characters to show what I can do to help fix some of the issues and plus add things to them

No disrespect to anyone that helped on this cus I think what you guys did was awesome! It feels like a game made by capcom (Well the way capcom used to make stuff)

But I do wish you guys didn't have it moleboxed so I could go in and help with the fixing of stuff...Just saying...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:33:17 PM by ~R@CE AKIR@~ »

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
One other thing I missed. The hyper portrait needs to destroyself when a character is hit early during his/her hyper.

Offline roman

• lazy
  • Last Login:June 24, 2017, 04:10:44 PM
  • do you not justice
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
I wish I could get my hands on these characters to show what I can do to help fix some of the issues and plus add things to them

No disrespect to anyone that helped on this cus I think what you guys did was awesome! It feels like a game made by capcom (Well the way capcom used to make stuff)

But I do wish you guys didn't have it moleboxed so I could go in and help with the fixing of stuff...Just saying...
You could just activate the debug keys in the CFG and find out in game like I did with my video.
[align=center]Battledoming thing | Youtube channel[/align]

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
UPDATE: Like I wrote for point #2, increasing blockstun should help make pushblock easier to use. For example, when I was blocking Hope's rapid gun shot hyper with Luke Cage, I tried mashing push block. What I found is you are not locked in guardstun, so if you try anything during certain multihit attacks like that, you will actually move or even attack when you shouldn't

* Push block shouldn't work at all against hyper attacks.
* All standing normals have a corner push of 20. Crouching attacks are different. I'll play with this a bit.

I'm going through all this stuff right now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:03:36 PM by Acey »

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Colossus special:

Debris ( :2 :1 :4 :k): Cannot KO with the iron pipes landing on opponents

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2013, 06:34:23 PM »
Sabaki, I have some replies because it will affect the future:

2) Noticed that hit stun is pretty short:

I think you're talking about pausetime as opposed to hitime. If so then... light attacks have a pause time of 8, medium of 10 and hard with 12. There are some variations but it almost never goes below 7. P1 and P2 pausetime will always match so if P2 is hit and is paused with 8 so will player 1 too be paused at 8. This means the only exceptions on a hit are when move cancelling is allowed. I checked Hope's gun shot and it has a puasetime of 13. Most attacks have a start up from 2 to about 10 so 13 is a pretty good pause.

3) Pushblock doesn't come out often.

Pushblock won't work in the air and it won't work for Hyper attacks. Back with XSC ZVitor went back and forth with pushblock and this was the solution. It only works for ground normal and special attacks.

4) Cage's super Stomp causes trouble:

There are only 3 custom states I create for the roster, launch, wall bounce and ground bounce. Every time a char uses this in their hit def it should also have some code "p1getp2state = 0". This was a nifty little trick I found to be useful in a closed game in order to keep players in their selfstate even when hit with these new, interesting moves. Luke was missing this so he was causing trouble all over the map. My bad.

6) Increase cornerpush:

This is negated with Push Guard though. Right? Right now the only ground cornerpush is against air opponent to avoid corner juggle infinites.

8 ) Increase Capt Mar-vell, Giant Sentinel, and Phoenix Force's damage:

I just fixed up Capt MarVell's AI some more but I want them to be fairly easy to beat on level 4. Try level 8 if you're bored. ;)

9) During Luke Cage's Bulletproof hyper:

Agree, all I did to fix it now was give ctrl = 1 during the laugh state so you can end the laugh at leasure and retaliate through the hit. You will still lose your prior sttack state if hit while beginning an attack but the opponet will still be recovering form the attack. Projectiles in turn, will cancel Luke's state but it won't leave him vulnerable.

10) While Cable is lying down... slides with you:

He's not a helper and nothing I have done seems to stop it of being possible. I'm open to more suggestions.

- I noticed there's a limiter on Gamma Charge

All moves that allow 3 repetitions are all set to movecontact as opposed to movehit. So if a player wastes one of their moves of a guarding opponent it's lost. They can't continue chaining until the player decides to stop blocking.

- Hulk canceling hypers:

Fixed

- Hulk's Gamma Crush turns:

This "should" be fixed. if you see it agian let me know. It's still tracking though.

-Wolverine's pounce and ground stab throw puts Red Hulk low into the ground.

Shoganai, it's Wolverine and not Hulk, Wolverine is set in place and the character is just place below them where eer they will fit. The only fix would be to add special code just for Hulk.

-Hulk's crouch LP has very short hitstun:

I decreased teh startup of MP actually, it was like 13 click or something, much longer that the 8 click hit pause.

-For example, with Red Hulk I cannot do jump HK, land, Stand LP-Stand MP-Crouch HP on chars like Psylocke and Ms Marvel. However,  this works fine on a character like Colossus:

I can do this link with Hulk though, I just have to time the HK closer to the ground in the first place.

-Hypers have some peculiar properties. It looks like most do not knock down unless the last hit connects:

This is usually in order to have the move juggle the opponent with vel properties then throw them after the last hit but it typically won't be connected to any custom state.

-Hulk's Gamma Crush should hit multiple times even on block.  Also it sometimes doesn't put p2 into a knockdown state:

Like you said, the knockdown state is only when it hits on the way up first. Multiple times on block? That makes sense. I'll add it.

-Hulk is not invincible while Gamma Throw connects:

Fixed

-During the Forces of Evil stage In the 2nd round Giant Sentinel died to only one hit!:

I am testing out some last second code that makes the health bar empty the entire stage until Sentinel arrives. It never really got good testing. I believe this is sorted out now.

-Giant Sentinel's forwad moving drones do not hit:

They only hit a jumping opponent. This is special to the 30 foot sentinel char.

-Red Hulk's gun hyper does a lot of chip damage:

Actually you're wrong, the gun hyper does DOUBLE damage when blocked. Opps, fixed that. As for the rest, chip damage on hypers is unusally low throughout the game on purpose though. This game is made to help discourage random hyper attack wins.

-If you skip Wolverine's intro with the Sentinel, the Sentinel's head won't appear on the ground:

Why would you want the head on.. the... ground... OMG you can throw the head! We'll let's just make a new helper trigger to put that back in there when the intro is skipped.

-If you OTG the opponent with Shield Slash... but Cap will miss to do beatdown sequence:
-Cap's Stars & Stripes doesn't connect fully if used after an OTG shield slash:

Can't dupliucate bug    :( I know initially (5 years ago) I was having trouble getting all of the Final Justice to connect in the corner but I think I got that fixed... maybe not. I know Myticblaze ahd the same issue with his Capt.

-Cap's shield during Shield Slash still moves during any of his hyper's super pause sequence. Atm it doesn't seem to be an issue, but I can see it giving Cap some unforseen priority against those who try to punish Cap with their own hyper....

I tried to find a solution a few months ago but at this time there is none.

-Emma Frost's Astral Plane special should have:

Fixed, I had added code to stop her from walking off the screen, I needed to add running off the screen into the mix as well.

-Since Emma's Diamond Hyper:

The froozen bug has been fixed for the current version. I was going to make Diamond mode no longer a hyper but then I found out you could switch after Emma's OTG hyper then go into another OTG followed with a launcher and air combo. So if used properly you can increase Emma's OTG count to two, causing massive damage.

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »
Acey,sometimes Scarlet Witch's Chaos Block causes a bug,if she activates it while she gets hit,the enemy disappears from the screen,it just happened to me.Also,these fixes are all for the next release,right?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
Acey,sometimes Scarlet Witch's Chaos Block causes a bug,if she activates it while she gets hit,the enemy disappears from the screen,it just happened to me.Also,these fixes are all for the next release,right?

These fixes are updated daily. The current set (minus the one you just added) will be up in less than 10 minutes from now. I've decided to add the version number to the game manual to help track which version people are using.

Offline ParanormalParanoia

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 30, 2022, 04:02:26 PM
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ SCREW THIS TABLE ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) SCREW
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
It seems Iron Man can always be hit by ground attacks, i played with Scarlet Witch and the fire pillar hits him everytime, this also happens with Hulk's earthquake and Colossus's debris. Also Colossus's falling debris always hits while any character is in the ground.

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:53 PM »
Alright. :)

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »
Not sure if this was mention:

I can Do 100% combo with Colossus

Once I am able to set up any air combos, I can Power Tackle to reset the combo. (I know I suck at explaining)

HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power attack.

From that explanation, you can so whatever you want off the wall with your opponent.

You can repeat HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power tackle two more times (Due to game mechanic)  then add HP, then HK(Launch) then continue to Power Tackle, HP, HK(Launching) over and over.

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
Don't know if this is on purpose or not, but for Emma Frost's Erotic Discharge, you don't see the images she's assaulting her opponent with.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
Don't know if this is on purpose or not, but for Emma Frost's Erotic Discharge, you don't see the images she's assaulting her opponent with.
I think that was intentional. Or the result of the "glass" hyper background

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »
Less of an actual "bug" and more of a... character balance issue, I guess?

Red Hulk just doesn't seem to hit hard enough. I'm not saying I'm expecting specials that hit like supers or supers that hit like ultras or anything like that, and I know that overall damage is a little low in this game specifically because of how easy it is to string combos together, but I seem to be working harder for less damage than it seems I should be with him.

Simple combo example: LP, MP, HP, Crimson Charge x3, Tactical Advantage. Compare to a similarly simple combo from Cyclops, LP, MP, HP (wall bounce), HP Optic Blast, OTG Concussion Beam, Optic Rage. The damage between the two are roughly the same, despite the Hulk's combo requiring some tougher timing to pull off. It just seems like the damage should be ramped up just a bit, considering who he is and all...

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »
Black Widow: She can use her QCF+LK (The move where she sort of slides a short distance across the floor,) again and again and again, to the point where it's an infinite.

This is a problem. :|

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »
Not sure if this was mention:

I can Do 100% combo with Colossus

Once I am able to set up any air combos, I can Power Tackle to reset the combo. (I know I suck at explaining)

HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power attack.

From that explanation, you can so whatever you want off the wall with your opponent.

You can repeat HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power tackle two more times (Due to game mechanic)  then add HP, then HK(Launch) then continue to Power Tackle, HP, HK(Launching) over and over.

How are you linking Power Tackle after the air combo?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.