collapse

Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread  (Read 20642 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
Re: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »
Ummm... Is the phoenix suppose to be a conscientious objector? It won't attack me. lol

I had that happen my first playthrough but the next one attacked me.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Loganir

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
About the Red Hulk issue listed above... (attack+pressing down during jumps)
This happening with the Thing too.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »

2 Captain Americas? William Burnside? lol

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
A new version has been updated fixing all of the above issues. My testing of the double Capts was not extensive though so it may pop up again, it may not. The code fix should hold. Time will tell.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
Now to spend an hour downloading the fixes

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »
Now to spend an hour downloading the fixes

I timed it, it take 5 minutes to pack up the exe file, 2 minutes to zip it up and 5 minutes to upload the entire 600Mb+ from work. Needless to say I won't be uploading any updates from home tonight.

Offline Dragon of Courage

• Longtime M.U.G.E.N. Enthusiast
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 07, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 07:09:06 PM »
It's hard to pull Captain America's super jump. Also, Hope uses some voice clips from Rogue, she needs more voiceset of her own, as well as lacking a knocked out voice.

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 07:10:14 PM »
It's hard to pull Captain America's super jump.
So it wasn't just me? lol

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
I know i might be stupid by asking this,but where do i download the fixed game?I'm new here and i can't find where to download the fixes,sorry for taking your time asking this anyway.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:47:59 PM by LightningMaster »

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »
Hulk and Colosnaut has the same voices  :D

Also on Watch mode, I usually do ctr player 1 command but it doesn't work. I do this so I can do vs mode fighting cpu instead of going to arcade mode.

Was this intentional

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
I told z about it before but scarlet witch doesn't have hit or guard sounds to her standing fierce punch

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
Yeah I voiced both characters.

You didn't like them?

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

Also on Watch mode, I usually do ctr player 1 command but it doesn't work. I do this so I can do vs mode fighting cpu instead of going to arcade mode.

Was this intentional

Thats because the debug controls are off. Goto your mugen.cfg in the data folder and under options change debug controls from 0 to 1.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Mr.Wingfeather

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 14, 2021, 03:21:56 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
Yeah I voiced both characters.

You didn't like them?

I liked Colossusnaut specially the quote "do you need a minute to rest" I haven´t noticed that you also voiced Red Hulk because i havent used him but personally I liked Colossusnaut voice it was pretty accurate to match the classic colossus from capcom, good job there hyper  :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »
I liked Colossusnaut specially the quote "do you need a minute to rest" I haven´t noticed that you also voiced Red Hulk because i havent used him but personally I liked Colossusnaut voice it was pretty accurate to match the classic colossus from capcom, good job there hyper  :)
Thanks, I was afraid I'd butcher the Russian accent.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 14, 2024, 05:57:25 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »
I noticed while one of Rages buddies was playing that the side-scroll stage is a bit too difficult or just rather annoying. He was having trouble turning around. Other then that the game is on point by my visual inspection( I dont play mugen) and Rages Buddies game play. They said they want more. They want to take on the F5.

We also notice that ether Rouge is set with future update data or she has data from characters not in game. Gambit, and Nighrcrawler.

There are a few animation and sprite that look off but those are not bugs just cosmetics so idk if yall care to hear those.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 10:19:36 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 08:56:28 PM »
Thanks, I was afraid I'd butcher the Russian accent.

i always belived you could do good accents

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
We also notice that ether Rouge is set with future update data or she has data from characters not in game. Gambit, and Nighrcrawler.
We cannot confirm or deny that's why they're there.

But I REALLY want to. (There's also data from ANOTHER char in that hyper if you look hard enough)

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »
Acey, pick the secret character, do an air combo & do this command in the air. D,DF,D,HP as much as you can. Yep, it loops & it don't follow the rules the same characters do.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 14, 2024, 05:57:25 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 09:20:50 PM »
We cannot confirm or deny that's why they're there.

But I REALLY want to. (There's also data from ANOTHER char in that hyper if you look hard enough)
yeah i seen it all they set for 40 minutes going though rouge  8=|. Those guy really put it to this game. They found some bugs but most they seen have ether been tended to or dont brake they game so they dont note it. If i see anything off ill report but i mostly look at the character models for abnormalities. Red Hulk for instance had allot of squashing and stretching. Its looks odd for a serious marvel character but its it VERY great animation and gives the character much life. Its also sets him apart form his brothers sprites too. Rulk is my favorite character. Beautiful work.  Miss Marvel was in EOH but the update done to her sprites are very inconsistent with each other. Also Emma......cant say more.  Hope's hard animation kick is odd. I could say more if you yall want to hear cosmetics.   :-@

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 09:36:39 PM »
I just experienced Emma's Diamond Form bug,also when i was playing that Forces of Evil stage,when M.O.D.O.K took one hit,the big Sentinel just appeared out of nowhere and fell,that was weird.Also when i defeated Storm while playing Survival,she sank into the ground,and the game did not continue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:44:51 PM by LightningMaster »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »
It's hard to pull Captain America's super jump. Also, Hope uses some voice clips from Rogue, she needs more voiceset of her own, as well as lacking a knocked out voice.

How odd, I try it slow and fast and it all seems to work well. As for Hope, she should only have one sound from Rogue, the standing Hard Punch. She also has a knock out sound, perhaps it's not programmed properly, I'll take a look at it.

I know i might be stupid by asking this,but where do i download the fixed game?I'm new here and i can't find where to download the fixes,sorry for taking your time asking this anyway.

Download the entire game again fr omthe first page.  :thumbsup:

I noticed while one of Rages buddies was playing that the side-scroll stage is a bit too difficult or just rather annoying. He was having trouble turning around. Other then that the game is on point by my visual inspection( I dont play mugen) and Rages Buddies game play. They said they want more. They want to take on the F5.

There are a few animation and sprite that look off but those are not bugs just cosmetics so idk if yall care to hear those.

There is a trick to fighting every set of evil forces. People just need to figure it out. Arkady's been on me to make the chars turn faster and I never did anything because I know how to play the level and I was worried about messing up special attacks that require you to hold back. Regardless, in the version that is currently available the time it takes to hold the controller in order to turn has been cut in half now. You still have to sit through your char's turning animation, but regardless, it should be a little more responsive now.

I left in Rogue's power sets for Nightcrawler and Gambit on purpose.

As for animations, yeah, we do what we can.

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »
Yeah, first time fighting The Phoenix and it just took the hits. And a personal gripe, I did notice that some of the voices are a bit lower/louder compared to others. Otherwise, I love the work everyone did for the project. :w00t:

EDIT: Also, I noticed there's a slight but visible purple pixel around Captain Marvel's head for when he's blocking.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
Okay, finished playing through with Hope and currently playing the game with Luke Cage. Some of the things I mention may only pertain to either one, but others may effect everyone as a whole.

1) Hope has a difficult time hitting the Giant Sentinel with her jump LP and jump LK. Either the hitboxes are too small, or the Giant Sentinel's width is keeping her away from landing either move.

2) Noticed that hit stun is pretty short. Not on all moves, but on moves that make them hard to use safely. For example, Hope's gun shot specials barely have any hitstun or guardstun, so after getting hit/blocking the computer recovers & moves forward rather quickly. Also some moves lack push back whether hit or guarded.

UPDATE: After trying to do pushblock during some multihit attacks, I am certain that the guardstun is too short and may be one of the reasons why pushblock doesn't come out as easily as it should.

3) Pushblock doesn't come out often. Looks like the timing is VERY strict. Worked fine in the tutorial against Cable, but after that it's hard to use. If compared to, say UMvC3, the timing is very lenient, and you can actually delay using the pushblock right before blockstun is done.

UPDATE: Like I wrote for point #2, increasing blockstun should help make pushblock easier to use. For example, when I was blocking Hope's rapid gun shot hyper with Luke Cage, I tried mashing push block. What I found is you are not locked in guardstun, so if you try anything during certain multihit attacks like that, you will actually move or even attack when you shouldn't

4) Found a bug. If you do Luke Cage's Stomp super on Cable as an OTG move during the tutorial, Cable flies into the air, sometimes twitching slowly and stays hovering above the ground, randomly going across the screen. Only way to stop this is to attack him. Sorry, no pic.

5) I am able to use Luke Cage's Bulletproof again after activating it, yet the 2nd time doesn't refill/reset the meter. Should prevent this from happening by disabling Bulletproof's command when it's already activated.

6) Increase cornerpush for most (if not all) normal attacks. I am able to, for example, lock a blocking cpu opponent in the corner doing nothing but Luke Cage's crouch LK repeatedly . It's not your common "infinite", but since  Luke Cage is barely pushed back, I am able to force the cpu opponent to try and attack as I mash crouch LK.

7) I wouldn't mind allowing characters to turn around towards the direction you press immediately than to have the delay in order to use specials during the Forces of Evil stage. I'd rather duke it out with normals and face the opponent whenever needed than to struggle trying to figure out how to get my character to turn when there's only one enemy on the screen.

8 ) Increase Capt Mar-vell, Giant Sentinel, and Phoenix Force's damage. They're all too easy to beat and the incentive to block isn't there. Also, I think Giant Sentinel and Phoenix Force should never be juggled/launched into the air like regular characters. Just keep their armor on permanently (even when they go into gethit anim, they shouldn't go into a gethit state), even on some of their attacks.

9) During Luke Cage's Bulletproof hyper, instead of him always laughing when he gets hit, just let him have armor on. If it's something unique for the character, then I understand. However, this messes up some of his attacks and strategies. For example, if Bulletproof is activated, and you try to use his other hypers and get hit, he will cancel that hyper and laugh.  Plus any character with a multihit attack or hyper can keep Luke Cage stuck in his laugh animation and drain the timer.

10) While Cable is lying down during the OTG part of the tutorial, if you walk towards the sides of the screen Cable slides with you. I'm taking a guess that a helper is used as Cable during this part and playerpush is set to 1.

11) If I try to cancel Luke Cage's Roundhouse Blues into Hyper Punch, he does SweetXMas instead.   

That's it for the moment. Anyways, I'm having a ball playing this. Keep those updates coming  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:07:43 PM by Sabaki »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
Ms.Marvel: If you use her B,F+P in the corner, you can use it multiple times. (All versions.) So far, I've been able to get up to six times with the Light version, 4 with Medium, and 3 with Heavy.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal