collapse

Author Topic: DEATH BATTLE! Goku vs. Superman + Rants! The DeathBattle Topic  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
Re: DEATH BATTLE! Goku vs. Superman
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Superman has used the punch before, on earth, without destroying it.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 12:14:36 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:11:56 PM »
I also think that Superman could not imagine the shock destroying the planet

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »
Dude what is with everyone saying that Superman destroyed the earth?

Goku after being charged by a spirit bomb released his full power as a ssj4 using his dragonfist and it collided with Superman IMP and it destroyed the earth so if you're going to say they put Superman out of character then they did the same for Goku because he also released his full power and he attack Superman to being with.

my new one

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »
goku is considerably less in control of his actions in ss4, besides he wasn't the one firing AT the earth

none of goku's energy was directed at the earth
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
goku is considerably less in control of his actions in ss4, besides he wasn't the one firing AT the earth

none of goku's energy was directed at the earth

^^(PM)^

and to add to that as well. iof taking a look, goku was in front of the earth shooting his super charged  blast outside of the  obit zone . then went to start flying back to earth but then he realized it wasnt over.  Superman went ballistic Asura's Wrath style with his punch and drove goku INSIDE the earth  where goku went for his ss4 punch  ( as stated goku is far less in control in that state than superman is who is fully aware) and superman did his IMP whatever punch. but with supes he fully knew a hit like that would be immense. Heck he got pissed at goku while in just ss2 form  cause goku said the word Game.  .  :D i was rolling at that big time. supes got heated!  Goku having fun fighting and superman got pissed? lol:D even my brother who is a superman fanatic was laughing at that part.

the whole point is really not that the fight wasnt good, cause it was indeed, but the character persona and how it changed  from superman giving a world of love to protect earth to ....fk it! gonna go all max wether earth get destroyed or not.  makes me wonder, had goku not blasted the krypton shard would he had finished off superman with a high powered full max hit while superman was at a huge vunerable point. Goku remained true to his character on that note giving superman a free pass to fight at max. lol

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
idk what everyone else saw but from my view they were both underground possibly near they earth's core and their attacks collided causing the planet to explode which isnt surprising ss1 kamehameha is strong enough to blow up the planet which was shown in the cell games

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
opps, i didn't notice (or at least i forgot science i watched it) that they were inside the earth, i could've swore they were still high above the earth
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
yeah bro, they was inside the earth cause oif superman super puched Goku in there with him along. then they did the double super punch at each other.  i would figure something like earth gettin blown to shreds would hapen especially both are on super mode.  my thing is , superman knew how strong he was and went and did all that especially with his strength level as stated. If goku could do it by himself , superman is supposed to be stronger in strength level alone so why risk all that that is what has me stumped.

i know a winner was to be decided no matter which side but its how they put earth in that position with Superman putting them both in that situation which is something he is totally against doing in the first place. which is why i figured he must said.. to hell with this! lol  :-??

Offline chuchoryu

• Last Login:November 25, 2020, 09:53:03 PM
  • Show me what you can do
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 10:14:28 PM »
I know Superman wins  :D

Offline brucewayne74

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 05:37:26 PM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 06:36:26 AM »
YES, the best wins  XD||

this time no mugen battle, but a 3D one......mmmmm........I want Superman in the next Budokai game  :O*D

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:14 AM »
this... is really in dept

=D>

edit: after watching the "tale of the tape" so to speak...... superman is in bs levels and i'll never make a spandex joke again...... in fear.

edit 2: the "3d" fight is actually very sad, goku never used nimbes after he figured ssj or ever used his staff after dragonball, its actually very one sided and quite pathethic.... yet its hilarious and worth watching

poor lex-corp  :D

edit 3: 9.5/10 how the fight starts and some of goku's moves where a little off thx to the story and such but besides that, this is the most fare version of this fight i have ever seen.

:Wink

edit 4: *turns pink monkey form*

the ending caculations are awesome as hell and shows they aren't that one sided, this is indeed a almost perfect answer to the "fight"

but i still say that this "fight" would never happen, just cause superman and goku would probally never want to fight each other lol... face it they'd become friends

:D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 09:36:29 AM by Høröúßøí »

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 01:19:30 AM »
Both characters were extremely out of character. Considering the personalities of both Goku and Superman, this battle probably wouldn't ever even happen.

The whole battle kicks off because Goku thinks that another alien will destroy the planet? This is completely absurd. Goku has nothing against aliens, and really doesn't care who you are as long as you aren't hurting anybody. He would probably appreciate Superman for taking care of the messes on the other side of the planet. So, right there, that doesn't work. Goku might go challenge Superman to a friendly sparring competition, but neither of them would take it to serious levels.

The second point where Goku is out of character is just after destroying the kryptonite fro Superman. Instead of waiting for Superman to recover, Goku goes right into kneeing him under the jaw. Goku wouldn't do that. In fact, there have been several instances in DBZ where Goku asked his opponent if they were ready to continue if their battle had been interrupted at some point. He literally does not fight again until his opponents answer that question.

Both Superman and Goku were far out of character while destroying a Metroplis that hadn't yet been evacuated. Both of these characters are known for luring powerful and destructive combatants away from the city to limit the amount chaos the battle will cause. This inner-city battle would have never happened.

Neither Goku nor Superman battle without just cause, and both of them prefer to find a peaceful solution before resorting to violence. Both of them constantly try to talk down their opponents or make an attempt at understanding what's going on in the enemy's head, what motivates them.

Superman would have never gone anywhere close to Earth with an attack like that, especially knowing that his opponent's energy is nearly equal to his own. In fact, neither of these characters would be near Earth like this unless hope was already lost, and that's important because this was not an Earth-threatening situation until both heroes escalated it to be. Since both Goku and Superman have sworn to defend their adoptive home and the lives of the innocent people who live there, neither of them would unleash this kind of power near it without due cause, and they really didn't have any.

Also: the reason some people are taking this a little seriously and canonical is because, well, Death Battle did. Or at least, they pretended they did. The fact is that they acknowledged some aspects of canon while disregarding basically everything about it at the same time. I don't even know how it's possible for people who understand the source material to be so contrary about it.

Offline trebean

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 13, 2016, 12:14:22 AM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
Did any of you guys watched the Death Battle Q&A?
The Animated Battle, is just a fun entertaining way of showing the outcome of the argument, in the start and end they're just a bunch of nerds arguing with each other. (No, I'm not degrading them thats how Wiz himself said it so... I think)

Also I found this community blog that haxed most of Goku's multipliers
(Like considering the power levels and such things as fan speculations)
http://www.screwattack.com/news/final-analysis-superman-and-goku-w-power-levels

Seems that Goku still loses

The start intro was probably for comedic value.
Also Metropolis, un-evacuated? I challenge you to look for another person there except Goku and Superman once the fight starts.
Also this is DEATH BATTLE, fights happens for no reason, and they often tone down the morals of the said character (EX: Batman vs Spider-Man, Spider-Man charges at an entrapped Batman feet first, ending with Batman's intestine ending up in Spidey's Boots. Another is the TMNT Free 4 All, Leo their leader manages to KILL 2 Turtles, Donnie being slayed by Raph instead)

The only thing about the character's morals they don't remove is thing like how they strategize (EX: TMNT FREE 4 ALL, Leo starts off on Mikey, who they call probably the weakest of the 4)
And their overall intelligence

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 26, 2024, 11:12:02 PM
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 08:02:10 AM »
One of the few Screwattack Death Battles I agree with. They really went all out on this one but the graphics for the fight were crap, looked real bad. Should of really stuck to sprite work. Like Mugen Supes and Goku roaming around aren't quality work?

Btw, I think the reason they seemed out of character in certain actions was probably because of the animator. They probably put this together with just some notes on how it should go and not knowing the most about said characters, maybe? Don't know but that's my theory.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
(EX: Batman vs Spider-Man, Spider-Man charges at an entrapped Batman feet first, ending with Batman's intestine ending up in Spidey's Boots.)

HEY THAT WAS AWESOME AND REALISITIC!!!!

;*)) ok, maybe not

also

Also Metropolis, un-evacuated? I challenge you to look for another person there except Goku and Superman once the fight starts.

was the earth evacuated?

ok, lets all just relize the fight was just a joke animated idea, but the debate of the idea of the fight...
it was actually very well done, i mean i learned a lot about the man in the blue tights and blanket cape lol
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:41:51 AM by Høröúßøí »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:19:22 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 10:52:17 AM »

;*)) ok, maybe not

also

was the earth evacuated?

ok, lets all just relize the fight was just a joke animated idea, but the debate of the idea of the fight...
it was actually very well done, i mean i learned a lot about the man in the blue tights and blanket cape lol
^^(PM)^ WELL SAID. me too

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline chuchoryu

• Email
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
YES, the best wins  XD||

this time no mugen battle, but a 3D one......mmmmm........I want Superman in the next Budokai game  :O*D
In 2004 Superman going to be a carácter...but for legal problema that no happen but in the future

Offline trebean

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 04:50:28 AM »

;*)) ok, maybe not

also

was the earth evacuated?

(Pauses) Well, Eggman vs Wily had a crap ending bout  Metal Sonic taking over the world. And it's not like Supe's realized that their two punches connecting would implode the universe, he'll probably get the space Dragonballs to wish them back

Offline KaiRaisen

• Last Login:September 14, 2019, 05:45:46 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 05:27:24 AM »
yes... along with goku......

Offline chuchoryu

• Email
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
(Pauses) Well, Eggman vs Wily had a crap ending bout  Metal Sonic taking over the world. And it's not like Supe's realized that their two punches connecting would implode the universe, he'll probably get the space Dragonballs to wish them back
The Willy vs Egg man (mostarcho pa los cuates) is good and bad fight, Raiden vs Thor is orrible, Rayden is a real God but Thor only have that Maze and he no have the same tecniques as Rayden, Rayden have marital arts and his very speed...Rayden is electricity and Thor nonly is muscles that figth is incorrect

Chun Li vs Mai: that fight Mai win...the author from Deat Battle say : she win for the fans

Goku vs Superman: this fight dont like to much people (including my brother) but Superman is mos stronger and more faster than Goku this battle especific more facts

Pokemon vs Digimon:Well  :P...That battle not happen in Detah Battle but I hoipe to see in that chanel

Offline MercerVirus2012

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 20, 2019, 08:31:59 PM
  • "Sometimes, a man's gotta accessorize."
    • DarkApprenticeX9
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
lol, don't hate cause Spider-Man beat Batman
o.O#

To be honest with you, I hated that so much.

Batman has gone up against a variety of meta humans in his universe and he would have beaten the crap out of The Web Head with or without prep.  :cool

Anyways.. back on topic.

Both characters were extremely out of character. Considering the personalities of both Goku and Superman, this battle probably wouldn't ever even happen.

I don't mind Goku and Superman being out of character at all. And believe me when I tell you this, I feel very happy that at least ONE DC Character won a death battle. And at least ScrewAttack had me satisfied with the results.  :thumbsup:

Offline Demon King EX

• Last Login:August 21, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
  • 天狗 Heavenly Dog
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 05:01:33 AM »
alright goku would not do stuff like that  :rules:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:59:45 AM by Demon King EX »

Offline trebean

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 05:34:09 AM »
The Willy vs Egg man (mostarcho pa los cuates) is good and bad fight, Raiden vs Thor is orrible, Rayden is a real God but Thor only have that Maze and he no have the same tecniques as Rayden, Rayden have marital arts and his very speed...Rayden is electricity and Thor nonly is muscles that figth is incorrect

Chun Li vs Mai: that fight Mai win...the author from Deat Battle say : she win for the fans

Goku vs Superman: this fight dont like to much people (including my brother) but Superman is mos stronger and more faster than Goku this battle especific more facts

Pokemon vs Digimon:Well  :P...That battle not happen in Detah Battle but I hoipe to see in that chanel
Thor vs Raiden felt just fine, Raiden's only advantage other than his martial arts was his electricity, seeing how they both command lighting and electricity. Thor has a bit more edge with that hammer of his seeing how Raiden has no defense on that.

You guys should just rename this "The DEATH BATTLE Thread' that way mentions of other battles won't derail the topic much.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »
The only deathbattle that was wrong, was Ranbow Dash vs Star Scream, other then that, they were all correct. None of them are sellouts or anything, none of the fights were "crap." Superman is O.P. as hell and Spider-Man is Batman with superpowers, and better character development.
NANAWAWALALAWOWOWOWOWHWACLFTGNNNNNNWRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!  :-@ :-" ~X( b-(::fight::  :O*D

:US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US :US

EDIT: Moved to Animation, because that's what this is, a cartoon for the internutz
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:24:41 PM by SpiderMew »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »
and Spider-Man is Batman with superpowers, and better character development.

well..now he is since doc oc is in his body :D

that latst Avenging spiderman when he teams up with the xmen to take down that uh....spider was pretty funny^^ lol
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista