collapse

Author Topic: Venom Tangent Topic  (Read 3891 times)

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
Re: Venom Tangent Topic
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
-Snip-

The only time I can think of someone using reversaldef with a proj attr & p2stateno is for characters that reflect projectiles. In those instances, since there's really no 100% surefire way to completely reflect a projectile, most creators send the projectile to a certain state, force it to be destroyed, and then send out their own projectile.

Here's what my projectile helper can get hit by...
[State 1050, HitBy]
type=HitBy
trigger1=1
value=SCA,AP ;ALL Projectile based attacks...
ignorehitpause=1

?

AP and not NP,SP,HP? Wait. I thought the first character of the second argument can either be N, S, or H. The second character can be A,T, or P. Would AP really work? I would think you need to rewrite that as SCA, NP,SP,HP.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:54:50 PM by Y. »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 18, 2024, 05:17:15 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 08:00:09 PM »
The only time I can think of someone using reversaldef with a proj attr & p2stateno is for characters that reflect projectiles. In those instances, since there's really no 100% surefire way to completely reflect a projectile, most creators send the projectile to a certain state, force it to be destroyed, and then send out their own projectile.

?

AP and not NP,SP,HP? Wait. I thought the first character of the second argument can either be N, S, or H. The second character can be A,T, or P. Would AP really work? I would think you need to rewrite that as SCA, NP,SP,HP.

Also, I don't think you need time=-1 on that hitoverride you posted. Cuz' if trigger1 = 1 the sctrl will activate indefinitely (Actually, wouldn't omitting time return a value of 1?).

SCA is the type of attacks, Standing, Crouching, or Air

AP = NP,SP,HP; basically its all three (A basically means ALL)
AT = NT,ST,HT
AA = NA,SA,HA

Mugen 1.0 Docs Example: (nothitby or hitby)
Example:

; Not hit by anything
trigger1 = 1
type = NotHitBy
value = SCA

; Not hit by normal attacks, and all projectiles
trigger1 = 1
type = NotHitBy
value = , NA, AP

From MUGEN Docs: HitOverride
time = effective_time (int)
Specifies how long this hit override should be active. Defaults to 1 (one tick). Set this to -1 to have this override last until overwritten by another one.

(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:17 PM »
>: (

I omitted the time parameter and both projectiles acted normally. If time was only true for 1 tick, then not only would the projectiles pass through each other, they would become clones if there was actually a way to hit them.

If it does default to 1 and trigger1 is 1, then that state controller will keep activating and 1 will become indefinite. The controller will be active for every tick. So every tick time is 1, time is actually equal to time. Right?

So I guess you would only need -1 if you were using multiple hitoverride/hitby state controllers.

(Edit : DUDE THESE SMILEYS ARE SO F***ING BAD. I DONT WANT HULK RAGE FACE. )
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:43:21 PM by Y. »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 18, 2024, 05:17:15 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
Perhaps I'm not good enough to help you, maybe it's best to see if you can find your answers from someone who's more experienced at Mugen than I am...
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

thanks for links DCL, for one moment i thought this was a discussion about something new.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »
Perhaps I'm not good enough to help you, maybe it's best to see if you can find your answers from someone who's more experienced at Mugen than I am...

Dude... You make it sound like I'm trying to put down your ability as a coder. I'm not. I thought we were having a serious, non-malicious, discussion about this. I respect your opinion as a coder and was merely challenging what you said in order to find out if I was wrong. I was not trying to be mean to you, DCL. =(

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »

Anyway...let's clear something up for reversaldef and hitoverride okay...

Man you sure love quoting stuff whenever I say somethin....but whatever, atleast things have calmed down now

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2012, 09:57:26 PM »
iirc, movereversed as a trigger does not work instate. It exists, but the reversaldef will take effect and apply its result before the movereversed trigger at pretty much all times. It will only work if p2 has left off the p2stateno attribute of reversaldef.

Reversaldef will not natively work on projectiles (honestly) and you need

attr = something about projectiles

For it to function at all. The parameter is not in the docs and is undocumented.

The methods for avoiding the situation in the video are as follows. The person doing the reversal needs to check inside his custom states that his target is not a helper. This is as simple as

type = destroyself
trigger1 = ishelper

in the custom state. Your other option is to give the helper keyctrl = 1 which gives it access to the .cmd file. Once again.

type = destroyself
trigger1 = ishelper && movetype = H

Reversaldef is a bit naff in terms of how it behaves. I've used it, but it's not my favourite feature because of the bugs you can cause.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal