collapse

Author Topic: Rate A Roster  (Read 4366 times)

Offline JagwarKnight

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 15, 2023, 11:19:57 AM
    • Email
Rate A Roster
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:11:39 AM »
Inspired by  This  http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=106945.0. Figured it could be fun  :)

Order 1s:
AnotherChun-Li by Koldskool
Beast by Acey
Delga by LC
Jon Talbain by Splode
LeoFM by Cray
Morrigan By POTS
Aleksander by LC
Othello by LC
Chun-li by Jmorphman
The Griffon by GM
E.Honda by thedge
Guile by Jmorphman
The Thing by warner
Sakura by POTS
Ryu by POTS
Cammy by POTS
Zangeif by KoopaKoot
Jean Grey by Tooper
Arcueid by Kuno
WereGarurumon by TheGreatMatsutzu
Sub-Zero by SeanAltly
Mega Man X by ?*no name in the Def*
Sajin Komamura by lightmatt
Sailor Pluto by Charyznee
CM Punk by SeanAltly
Felicia by Jesuszilla
Spider Man by Seth
Captian America by MysticBlaze*Updated by Koldskool*
Storm by Alucard and WhiteMagic2002*Project X Version*
Miss Marvel by Zvitor
Sailor Moon by NapoleonJonamite
Order 2s*AKA Sub boss group 1*
Captain Commando by  Warusaki3
Jill by Warusaki3
Mega Man by DG
SabreWulf by Shift b is B
GokuZ by Balthazar & Cybaster
Order 3*Sub Boss Group 2*
Jin by SeanAltly
Bison by POTS
Mega Man Zero by aznperson569M
Mizusu By Hanma, MarkyJoe1990, And IceNinja77
Order 4*AKA Bosses*
Gouki by POTS
Arc-Type: Earth by 41
Jean Grey by joancarlo,Femrril *Renamed Phoenix and filling in that Slot for the time being*
Ingrid by CrazyKoopa

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Rate A Roster
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »
That's a great screen pack. It's a well rounded roster with a vlot of variety too but it's not very homogeneous. This is definately a "my favorite characters" roster. Color errors on Jin and Leo's portraits, white dots on the big portrait and 3 open slots means you're not quite done yet. I would suggest organizing the character in groups as well.

Screen Pack : A+
Roster choices: A-
Organization: C
Completion: B

Overall: 87.5%

Thanks for sharing, I'll post one up soon too!

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:11:13 PM »

Offline C.R.O.M.-Mugen-Ninja

• The One And Only Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 06, 2023, 09:49:01 AM
  • The Ninja is never gone ~
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »
I like the screenpack, I could have used it myself TBH
The roster is okey, It got a little bit to much changing of styles (but people are different)
I like a roster where all is CVS or KOF, and not to much mix'd, but as I said ^
So I would say u have a very decent roster!  :thumbsup:

Screen Pack : B+
Roster choices: C+
Completion: C

Overall: 67.5%

Okey Here is mine:

For many years, Mugen has been a passion to the Ninja, and still today it is. From 09' n' til this day ~

Keep fighting, keep struggling, keep creating, and have fun ~

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2021, 12:14:08 PM
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
@JagwarKnight Nice screenpack and layout.. could be a bit more organized but there's a lot of great chars

@DMagician See a lot of Dragonball Z chars.. Choujin's? I don't know which Sonic that is but I'd swap it out for MugenHunter's since from my understanding that's the best Sonic available in my opinion. You have some chars I like as well..they're not organized either but I can tell your's is a work in progress.

@CROM Mugen Ninja Yeah you have a very specific roster.. nice selections. Firebrand looks like the only MVC type char in there from first glance. What's the third char after Reptile and Sub Zero with Smoke, Rain and Noob in the portrait?

I'll post my roster up soon.. I DO need a few recommendations. I like having a mix of styles.. CVS, MVC, DBZ, etc but I have it all organized at least. Some may call it "broken" because of that but the whole reason I got into Mugen was because of the possibility of crossovers lol

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »
@ D.Magician(Ky) - I guess I'd call it "Dragon Ball Z and our cool friends". It's almost a theme but about 40% not the same theme. A lot of duplicates too. It's not alphabetical, it's not grouped by similar themes, it's kind of just there. Thanks for sharing, it's still a cool screen pack!

Screen Pack : A
Roster choices: B-
Completion: D

Overall: 78.75%

@ C.R.O.M. Mugen-Ninja - Great Screen Pack, it's nice to see the select names match the screen pack font too. It looks like the background is animated too. It looks like a complete KoF style character roster with a good mix or good characters. I can't find any sense to the organization though out than Ky is next to Ryu which would make it hard to find who you're looking for in the roster. Thanks for sharing!

Screen Pack : A+
Roster choices: A+
Completion: A+

Overall: 93.75%

Here is my 336 roster. I'm obsessive about it. Every character has their own stage and their own music from their original game (or arranged versions). A large portion of the large portraits have been switched out to match the other characters in their set. You can see the bosses in the bottom right of the "Hidden character" version of the roster. Please rate.

Hidden Characters:
(click to show/hide)

Roster List:
(click to show/hide)

Offline JagwarKnight

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Wow! and here I thought This was going to be a Dead Topic
 :lies:

Anyways

re my roster: Yeah, I know about the flaws, though I have a huge habit of updating both the roster AND the Portraits  rather contently*in fact, both Jean AND Leo have new small portraits,among other things XD*

D.Magician(Ky):
Not bad really, though, why is everything crammed at the Bottom?
The Roster itself is great though, Like everyone else said, it could use a bit of re-organizing... or maybe it just needs to be filled up more.

Overall: B

C.R.O.M. Mugen-Ninja: not bad overall, great screen pack choice. nice roster, Though, with KOF type screen packs, it's kinda better to make them more "Team Theme" *Like putting Hagger in between Punk and 'Geif and the like*
I know it makes it feel more "full game" but it's little touchs like that make it look good

Overall: b-

Acey: HUUUGGEEEE Roster, Good Screenpack, SLIGHTLY Questionable Organization*Mainly with why Punk is with the Nintendo characters and not with Squall  and Jin*. Boss list looks a bit too much but, plenty of variety at lest.  not going to comment on the characters themselves as,unlike the MFG one, I'm keeping this nice,clean and relaxed ;p

anyways, Overall: A-*Just a few minor changes and it's a A*

Offline YoungSamurai5

• Young Coder
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Live by the gun, Die by the sword
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »
ugh lol why is everyones dc list so small  ??? maybe one day it will grow lol
Mugen or Nothin

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 01:07:38 PM »

I have 23 on mine, that's a full game right there.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:00:59 PM by Acey »

Offline YoungSamurai5

• Young Coder
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 11, 2018, 09:37:13 PM
  • Live by the gun, Die by the sword
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
oh wiat you do have 23  ;D
Mugen or Nothin

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »

Mine's pretty huge... I think it's fun having that much character for variaty, so people think it's too big and disorganised or something.

(even though my mugen is organised and all the characters are of about the same style.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:01:29 PM by S.H.U.M.A. - Whiplash »

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »

Marvel outnumbers DC by so much in Mugen man lol

@Acey Your roster looks kind of similar to the one I've been compiling. I love the variety and I love having each char withtheir own stage too although it's hard to match some up with them. Is there anyway I can get your Darkseid, He-Man, Skeletor, Ice,  and Etrigan 9000,0 portraits? I tried to use Fighter Factory to get them like your's several times and those chars didn't include the standard Mugen ones and my skills suck lol

Also why's Snake mixed with the Marvel characters?

Also can we turn this into a character/stage recommendation thread to? For instance if someone posts a roster and someone else sees a Magneto by a certain creator but knows of a better one? Stage suggestions for threads would be nice too.. that'd be good for this topic or a new one.

Offline JagwarKnight

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
Also can we turn this into a character/stage recommendation thread to? For instance if someone posts a roster and someone else sees a Magneto by a certain creator but knows of a better one? Stage suggestions for threads would be nice too.. that'd be good for this topic or a new one.

I'd prefer a Separate thread for that as what one considers "better" is fairly subjective in MUGEN as one person might say "X Character by Y Creator is Better than by Z Creator cause Z Creator s@cks" and there's the fact that some characters come in multiple styles Like Ryu and Kyo.

This is mainly to show off The Cool screenpacks/ports/Organizing skills users have :)

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »
I'd prefer a Separate thread for that as what one considers "better" is fairly subjective in MUGEN as one person might say "X Character by Y Creator is Better than by Z Creator cause Z Creator s@cks" and there's the fact that some characters come in multiple styles Like Ryu and Kyo.

This is mainly to show off The Cool screenpacks/ports/Organizing skills users have :)

Yeah you're right.. I'll wait a minute to start that thread or someone else can do it.. I gotta see how this thread moves because a lot of people aren't active on the Discussion part of Mugen forums. I'd try it at the Guild but you gotta be a popular person on the Mugen scene to get a lot of responses on their discussion board or they'll treat you like a child.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
Also why's Snake mixed with the Marvel characters?

My top corners are Spider-man and Snake Eyes, my most used characters right now. Snake is next to Snake Eyes.

Personally I don't mind but we have a whole section for requests so if you see something in someone's roster go ahead and request it in the Mugen Request section.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »
Here's my roster:

Everyone has winquotes, stages, an order in arcade mode, pallette one is always Default, ETC.

Probably can't see everyone because I have to use the 800 character version.

(anyone know how to make it custom for my mugen?)

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
I like the screenpack, I could have used it myself TBH
The roster is okey, It got a little bit to much changing of styles (but people are different)
I like a roster where all is CVS or KOF, and not to much mix'd, but as I said ^
So I would say u have a very decent roster!  :thumbsup:

Screen Pack : B+
Roster choices: C+
Completion: C

Overall: 67.5%

Thanks.

D.Magician(Ky):
Not bad really, though, why is everything crammed at the Bottom?
The Roster itself is great though, Like everyone else said, it could use a bit of re-organizing... or maybe it just needs to be filled up more.

Overall: B

Dunno, I like them being at the bottom for some odd reason, it fits my style. Organizing would take forever, so I'll pass.

@ D.Magician(Ky) - I guess I'd call it "Dragon Ball Z and our cool friends". It's almost a theme but about 40% not the same theme. A lot of duplicates too. It's not alphabetical, it's not grouped by similar themes, it's kind of just there. Thanks for sharing, it's still a cool screen pack!

Screen Pack : A
Roster choices: B-
Completion: D

Overall: 78.75%

Thanks.

@DMagician See a lot of Dragonball Z chars.. Choujin's? I don't know which Sonic that is but I'd swap it out for MugenHunter's since from my understanding that's the best Sonic available in my opinion. You have some chars I like as well..they're not organized either but I can tell your's is a work in progress.

Yes, Choujin's. Sonic by Claymizer, and your not the first, probably not the last person to tell me to get rid of his Sonic and go with MUGENHunter's Sonic. I'm going to say: No. Everyone is entitled to use whatever character(s) they want and if they have a problem with it, then it truly sucks to be them. I'm not trying to be rude in anyway sort of way, just more or less stating the truth.

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 11:58:20 PM »
Thanks.

Dunno, I like them being at the bottom for some odd reason, it fits my style. Organizing would take forever, so I'll pass.

Thanks.

Yes, Choujin's. Sonic by Claymizer, and your not the first, probably not the last person to tell me to get rid of his Sonic and go with MUGENHunter's Sonic. I'm going to say: No. Everyone is entitled to use whatever character(s) they want and if they have a problem with it, then it truly sucks to be them. I'm not trying to be rude in anyway sort of way, just more or less stating the truth.

Yeah I understand man, I don't take it as you being rude

Offline perrywinkle

• Last Login:October 29, 2017, 03:53:31 AM
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
Hey all,

I actually really like these kind of threads. Always fun to see what others are running! Personally, I have 11 separate MUGEN rosters as I tend to compile and create cohesive rosters based on both gameplay and graphics. Because of this, I also tend to run smaller rosters which are, to me at least, great fun as every match up is balanced. Here's my current Marvel roster. I'd appreciate some thoughts!

I'm struggling to find a good Captain America and Iron Man + two more spidey villains to round out an Avengers row, and a spidey villain row. I wish Electro/Vulture weren't so broken :@ Anyway, if anyone has any possible candidate suggestions, feel free to share!

Offline dakidbanks

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Hey all,

I actually really like these kind of threads. Always fun to see what others are running! Personally, I have 11 separate MUGEN rosters as I tend to compile and create cohesive rosters based on both gameplay and graphics. Because of this, I also tend to run smaller rosters which are, to me at least, great fun as every match up is balanced. Here's my current Marvel roster. I'd appreciate some thoughts!

I'm struggling to find a good Captain America and Iron Man + two more spidey villains to round out an Avengers row, and a spidey villain row. I wish Electro/Vulture weren't so broken :@ Anyway, if anyone has any possible candidate suggestions, feel free to share!

I'd use Iron Man by Magus or Captain America by Acey or MystikBlaze edited by Koldschool personally... you have the new a lot of Project X versions so if you want a DIFFERENT Cap design wise I'd use Ultimate Cap by Sic 1

Offline perrywinkle

• Last Login:October 29, 2017, 03:53:31 AM
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 07:00:39 AM »
Yeah I tried all of those. It's true that Cap from Sic-1 is hands down amazing! Iron Man though, if I remember correctly, is kinda broken. It's been awhile though so I might have to try him out again.

Regarding the project X entries, well, I have to say that I absolutely love Zvitor's works through and through. DCL and Xfields are also great IMHO and I am essentially running the very best Marvel creations I could get my hands on. The rest always felt either broken, poorly designed or, for me at least, come wit a way too loose combo/gameplay system. Either that, or with SUPER cheap AI such as Hal Jordan, Steel, etc for instance.

Having said that, I wish someone would update Rhino. He's got so much potential.

Offline GrimWatson

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 16, 2016, 05:07:53 PM
  • Professional Mugen Player.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »
This is my Mugen roster as of 8/29/12.(INCOMPLETE) As you can see, Im try to adjust the chars by game or manufacture.

1st Row :CVS (Dont know why Pots Guy in the 1st row. Damn  VSselect ~X(
2nd Row :CVS (Hotarus there for her CVS Gameplay(Warusaki3) as well as Asura By d*** Bukus)
3rd Row :SFA(Edits) Dhalsim(Raajaboy) should of been in the 1st row. but I see him as an Alpha/Zero char.
4th Row :SF3/SF4
5th Row :Capcom (I have Cyclops and Wolverine in that row due to Cvs Gameplay)  ^:)^boryema  ^:)^
6th Row :Marvel (Dont know why the hell I got Tjuns Psylocke and that Dark Galleon There?) ???

7th Row  :SNK Capt.Falcon(KameKaze) Genjuro(TightRiam) Marco(Ahuron) & Daimon(Sandler71113) are the TOP Chars I use.. :Terry
8th: Row: SNK EDITS Love Ubu,Kuando and Giano(AIDUZZI) as well as Violent Dan and Shin Gou(Mr.X-File)
9th Row :Others - A Mixture of all due to no space added.

Im doing my best considering that T.Griff (My besty) is only person and Mugen player that plays with me.

I use more chars then him.. and with his lack of research, the search for chars continues.

Eventually Im gonna have to get another screenpack but Im happy to be able to see my chars faces.

Rate With Love...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar