collapse

Author Topic: Cooking III....  (Read 976 times)

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
Cooking III....
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
  First, let me say thanks to everyone who's been supporting me in the other cooking threads. I'm sure you all know by now that cooking has been pretty difficult for me and that my progress lately has been pretty bad. As of now, I think I'm going to quit actual cooking for a while. Let me tell you why...
  After burning one of my last pots I decided to actually take my time and learn to properly cook rice. I had butter, rice, margarine and cooking oil ready. I used the entire bag at once since I felt that this was a do it or die effort. Anyway, I added the rice and then added water in the amount twice that of the rice. Added my oil, butter, and margarine, and I was ready to go. I asked my mac to time the food for twenty minutes because I knew that was the norm for rice cookers.
  Before I left the rice, I decided to open some tuna and enjoy them together. That would later become a huge mistake. I went to sleep again but the timer woke me up. When I went to check on the rice I noticed the can of tuna I opened was on the floor. My cat was eating it... When I checked the rice it was f**king perfect. But the tuna was ruined now... I couldn't even feel anything anymore. I worked so hard on this damn rice and I couldn't even enjoy it because the tuna was ruined. I grabbed my cat and threw it at my mirror (Which broke) and it ran under my bed.
  Now whenever I see my cat in the hallway it turns the other way. Thanks for listening and thanks for all your help guys, but I guess cooking just isn't for me...

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
Re: Cooking III....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
 /:O the food you cooked turned out good so your throwing in the towel.

Also that no way to treat your cat [-X

You can add a lil butter and salt(Sugar) if perfered to the rice. That would have been tasty.

You can make a simple garglic butter sauce by melting butter in a pan and adding a lil salt and garlic

its a lot of things you could have done. Rice is so versatile. Chicken is the same.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:16 PM »
That's not the point...

The point is that I wanted to enjoy my perfect rice that I had worked so hard to make with tuna. I had this all planned out and my cat ruined it. If he tries that again I think I'll have to kill him...

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
Maaaan... I'm speechless... Not that I never left food on table and cats used that opportunity(in fact if it's meat or fish - few seconds is enough for them, so I hide everything cats are interested in if it's not in my eyesight), but you are really overreacting to say least. The hell? /:O Chill out, dude! I dunno what happens in your RL that you're so touchy with small stuff like that, but if you stay like this you'll ruin everything you touch 'coz of lack of patience(weak nerves, they say?  >:( ). You need good relaxing vacation, I tell ya ;)

P.S. as of rice - you could've added sugar to it as Rage recommended or some jam(yeah, that's what I do) sweet'n'yummy, no rice waste and mood-lifting ;D
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »
so... you THREW your cat?

That's... concerning.

On another note, great that you made the rice nice.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
It's like everyone on this forum is against me...

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
Ok, lets stop about the cat thing, before he gets upset....

I'm sure if he meant it real harm he would have eaten it instead. LOL! It's a cat, it'll be alright.. (Dont attack me either cus i love animals and I'm the kind of person who doesnt even want to put them outside to live)

Y. Dude be so hard on yourself man. Actually man good rice is cooked well by letting it boil and then cutting the stove down on somethin between medium and low. It will cook it slowly and the steam will help cook it better.

There are different ways to do it, but this works for me, and I get it right everytime.

Actually ~Sir "R@CE" Charles~ is a great cook so trust me, i do know what i'm talking about.

As for getting upset, man dude, dont let it get to you. What I came to find out about cooking is that you sometimes have to experiment to learn how to cook whatever it is. Then if you mess up, you figure out what you did wrong and you keep trying until you get it right.

This is just like when I got tired of paying these restaurants big bucks for fettucini alfredo. Then even when it was good they never would give enough on the portioning which really pissed me off. So I decided one day that I was gonna learn how to cook it. Now at first it came out ok....But when I kept cooking it, after the 3rd time I had it down so good to where I could change the flavoring of it to my liking and not just doing it as to what the instructions said...

Now that very same dish is now my very own because I made my own modifications to it because I got so good at cooking it over time. Its now my very own version of Blackened Cajun Chicken Fettucini Alfredo......

Now see Y. All of this became possible because I stuck to it, now I not only know how to cook it but I was able to make a newer dish that was even better. ~SWAG~ LOL!!!

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »
This isn't even about the rice anymore. This is about the hard work I put in being RUINED! I can't just calm down about this and I WON'T JUST CALM DOWN ABOUT THIS! I'm going to take all my anger out on my cat. A couple of minutes ago I put a black sock on its head and kicked it down this stairs... Not gonna lie... I LOL'd.

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
This isn't even about the rice anymore. This is about the hard work I put in being RUINED! I can't just calm down about this and I WON'T JUST CALM DOWN ABOUT THIS! I'm going to take all my anger out on my cat. A couple of minutes ago I put a black sock on its head and kicked it down this stairs... Not gonna lie... I LOL'd.

Wowwwwww! I won't even lie to you, it would have pissed me off if a pet of mine had eaten my food after all my hard work....I would have gotten pissed too! Don't know if I would have done what you did but I would have popped it for doing so.... They work like kids.... if you pop them (not beat) and tell them no, they'll get the hint eventually.... lol

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 03:01:22 PM »
Why do you say that? /:O We cheering you, not scolding or anything... :-?? Take it easy.

Leave the cat alone. >o:-(
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »

i'm against you becuase you planed on putting tuna in rice, the things about the cat have been said

da f**k dude, its just food
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
I see mo resolve to this. Can someone please lock this topic.

@ Y

As Mew said this stuff seemed far fetched and i truly hope it. I hope you continue to grow with your cook skills. But thats no way to treat a Cat. Its curtly to animals. It is a crime. 

Im done here. Good day to all
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »

Leave that cat alone man....yeah he ate your food. Thats what hungry animals do and un attended. but going psycho on him like that just isnt cool Y. Its disturbing man. youll be alright. best thing you can do is just put the cat outside or get some anger management. Or go outside yourself for a breather.

Take care friend....i take my leave of the cooking topic
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
Why make 3 topics on the same subject. Why not just reply to the first one.... :-??

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
If you actually read what the topics were about you would know that they're not the same. Please read the contents of the topic before you post again. Thank you!  :)

I'll take your advice about this guys. Although now I have to find a way to make this up to my cat lol.

Thanks allot everyone!!!!

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 11:26:22 AM »
Although now I have to find a way to make this up to my cat lol.

i'm glad you've calmed down and wish to make it up to your cat
then all i have to say is this

i'm against you becuase you planed on putting tuna in rice
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
I see mo resolve to this. Can someone please lock this topic.

@ Y

As Mew said this stuff seemed far fetched and i truly hope it. I hope you continue to grow with your cook skills. But thats no way to treat a Cat. Its curtly to animals. It is a crime. 

Im done here. Good day to all

Yeah! It's animal cruelty! *Takes bite out of 100% Beef hamburger"

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:36 AM »
Yeah! It's animal cruelty! *Takes bite out of 100% Beef hamburger"

I didnt want to muddle this thread up more but, but I don't see the connection.... were you eating a burger at the time? Or are you saying that eating meat is the same as getting a little too mad at your cat?

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar