collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter 2 in SF 3  (Read 27104 times)

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
Re: Street Fighter 2 in SF 3
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 11:07:26 PM »
He has a habit to ignore posts like that, seen him do it at MFG, too.

So he has been called out on this elsewhere huh? Then this really is a problem and needs to be dealt with. He cannot just go around doing this and getting away with it. He is breaking the rules and being disrespectful.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
And he's just gonna keep ignoring you, is the sad part  :'(

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »
English is obviously not his first language, but that's no excuse cause I know he can understand what I'm trying to say. I think he just doesn't care and is going to continue to ignore the claims against him and act like nothing is going on. This thread really needs to be made attention to staff so they can deal with this.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
And what's this talk about Beximus? As far as I'm concerned, Beximus isn't "giving out" sprites. I always figured this thread was dumb anyway, my patience is thin for people who don't use English as their first language. I'm not kidding, either; I find it hard to follow.  :-??
If this guy is stealing sprites, someone should do something quick. (Insert Quickman smiley.)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Not speaking English isn't a crime, but he may have limited understanding of it. But I think he knows what is going on, he just doesn't care is all. And yeah, this thing about Beximus sounds all warped by him, I'm not even sure which sprites he is claiming Beximus gave him, not C.Viper as that is Steamboy's from what I can tell.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 12:26:16 AM »
Not speaking English isn't a crime, but he may have limited understanding of it. But I think he knows what is going on, he just doesn't care is all. And yeah, this thing about Beximus sounds all warped by him, I'm not even sure which sprites he is claiming Beximus gave him, not C.Viper as that is Steamboy's from what I can tell.

It's not that I find it wrong that he can't, I just find it hard to follow, and somewhat annoying. This whole thing is just fishy now.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »
He is hard to understand, but what I had thought is maybe he just doesn't understand what he is doing and he's a Mugen newbie, but now that I know he has been doing this elsewhere and ignoring people it's obvious he knows what he is doing.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »
He is hard to understand, but what I had thought is maybe he just doesn't understand what he is doing and he's a Mugen newbie, but now that I know he has been doing this elsewhere and ignoring people it's obvious he knows what he is doing.

And it's really, really stupid.  [-X

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
Yeah, this needs to end. Since he refuses to acknowledge my posts he is guilty and knows what he is doing is wrong. He can't refute what I have proven so he ignores it.

Oh and btw Hypnotize, you really should remove that sword sig as only staff members are allowed to use that, unless you got permission to use it.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
Yeah, this needs to end. Since he refuses to acknowledge my posts he is guilty and knows what he is doing is wrong. He can't refute what I have proven so he ignores it.

Oh and btw Hypnotize, you really should remove that sword sig as only staff members are allowed to use that, unless you got permission to use it.

I got the sword custom made because I'm developing Searchman for Robot Master Mayhem. :) TheClone45 made it, I just don't know how to get rid of the white part. The proof is right here:

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=35055.75

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 01:19:31 AM »
Oh ok, then it's all good then. Was just checking as I didn't want you in trouble. I know how to get rid of the white  ;)

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 01:31:26 AM »
Oh ok, then it's all good then. Was just checking as I didn't want you in trouble. I know how to get rid of the white  ;)

If you could tell me, I would be eternally grateful.  ^:)^

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:48 AM »
I could just do it for you if you want. If you want to continue this conversation then we should do so by PM.

And to keep on topic, don't support this thread people. If you see him at other sites report him for stealing.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2012, 01:38:13 AM »
I could just do it for you if you want. If you want to continue this conversation then we should do so by PM.

And to keep on topic, don't support this thread people. If you see him at other sites report him for stealing.

Yes, everyone. Expose the truth!!  \-/o \-/o

Offline C.M.G

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 16, 2016, 08:41:42 AM
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »
Yeah got a point right there, It's a shame though that the chars he is making are very interesting. :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:49:58 AM by C.M.G »

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
The thing is, I highly doubt he is making anything at all. It looks like he is just trying to trick people into thinking he is by stealing sprites and saying "I have a project...look here". It's pathetic what he is doing and it's made worse by the fact he just ignores people when being called out on it.

I don't know how long this thread has been here, but it's been allowed to be here long enough. I don't why it took this long for someone to realize what he is doing. I guess I just pick up on Efex's and Steamboy's sprites easy since they are spriters I have much respect for and have seen their work quite a bit.

Steamboy last I heard did allow people to use his sprites, but that was a while ago and even if someone was to use them he would want them to at least give credit. This guy is trying to pass off all these sprites as his...which is really just pathetic.

This guy has NO project going, he is trying to fool you, even if he did he is still stealing sprites and using them without permission and giving any sort of credit to the original spriters. Besides that even just touching Efex's sprites is a big no no, his sprites are completely off limits.

I apologize for going off on a rant in this thread, but it just irks me that this guy is doing this and getting away with it.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Beximus is giving him ONLY screenshots, so he can do sprites from there. Not sprites. What they're suggesting you chuchoryu, is to ask for permission and give credit to the base spriters (Efex and Steamboy).

Beximus le esta dando ÚNICAMENTE capturas de pantalla, para que pueda hacer sprites a partir de ellas. No sprites. Lo que te sugieren chuchoryu, es pedir permiso y darle crédito a los spriters de las bases (Efex y Steamboy).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:32:04 PM by Nestor »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
True, but what about the other sprites on the first page that he made: like Balrog (boxer) and Blanka

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
Beximus is giving him ONLY screenshots, so he can do sprites from there. Not sprites. What they're suggesting you chuchoryu, is to ask for permission and give credit to the base spriters (Efex and Steamboy).

Beximus le esta dando ÚNICAMENTE capturas de pantalla, para que pueda hacer sprites a partir de ellas. No sprites. Lo que te sugieren chuchoryu, es pedir permiso y darle crédito a los spriters de las bases (Efex y Steamboy).

Doesn't matter, no one should be helping him as he is still taking sprites that are not his and using them without permission nor giving credit. I can't understand why no one sees what he is doing and continue to support him. He needs to come clean and admit what his is doing and get permission to use said sprites and give full credit to the original sprite artists.

True, but what about the other sprites on the first page that he made: like Balrog (boxer) and Blanka

Exactly, those are Efex's sprites and he has stated that they are off limits to everyone unless he has given special permission and even then we should have proof of said permission and full credit given to Efex.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
Actually I was just trying to state clear that Beximus didn't give him any sprites; he was getting involved here for no reason. And I already wrote here (in both english and spanish) to chuchoryu, to tell him about the permissions...

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »
Actually I was just trying to state clear that Beximus didn't give him any sprites; he was getting involved here for no reason. And I already wrote here (in both english and spanish) to chuchoryu, to tell him about the permissions...

Oh ok, well that's all fine and stuff and I understand that. But he should be using these screenshots to create his own sprites instead, then there would be no problem. He just can't go around and use other peoples sprites without permission or giving credit is the main point here. He needs to realize he can't do what he is doing.

Offline chuchoryu

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:November 25, 2020, 09:53:03 PM
  • Show me what you can do
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2012, 10:16:01 PM »
Long time I no add more information...well, I see very much post by mi amigo "Darkgargos" and I read ALL of this menssages, your point is give credist? who? Beximus? he and I are working hard C.Viper and communicates with me very often, I let him know in a message that is the work of both, or if you talk about SF3 sprites that are at the beginning of the topic I never said they were mine, just use them as inspiration to start making my own sprites, at no time have ignored every message, every proposition and every suggestion mi amigo.

What your intentions are and I will not tell you what to do or that you should not report me to the top of the forum, I will not stop you do it, or I will hate for anything since you fulfill your task but what if I will say is that I have a very good time doing pictures and although I llegaan to the forum's take'm not going to stop doing sprites of my chars, why? because what do I do with pleasure and that at no time have I offended anyone least of all the owners of those sprites because some of them were found by chance and have no author names and if they have not take care at all.

Users who have tried to and get me the link, alas users who have sent their good intentions and I thank you all every comment I make regardless of who sent or demands, because that takes best deseciones and your comments are not ecepcion.

For now I have more to say that if in such case I have to offend some users say that I know me  I respond

More to come...

:)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »
Ok, we need to get some things very straight here. First, what is going on between you and Beximus is not my concern and whether or not what you say about Beximus is true is yet to be proven. What is a concern is that you have taken (mind you, you may not have known who's they were) sprites that were not yours to begin with and used them not only without any sort of permission (remember, you should always ask for permission before using anyone's sprites), but also without giving any sort of credit to the original spriters of those sprites.

Now, you say you grabbed them without knowing who's they were, ok let's say that is true. Well, regardless, they are not your sprites and it's just common courtesy and respectful to find out who's they are and ask politely for permission to use them and make sure to give also full credit to them. From what I have seen you are indeed using both Efex's and Steamboy's sprites. If you are using them for inspiration then why is the work provided by you using the exact sprites you took? You should not copy if that is indeed what you did, but it seems you are using the actual sprites themselves even if it's just as a base to work from.

Point is, you are in a situation that is most frowned upon in this community, any taking of others work and used without permission and giving credit is not allowed and is considered stealing. You don't want to be branded as stealing, you should seek out the original spriters and ask for permission and then give credit to them if they allow you to use them.

I apologize for stating you are calling them your own, but since you were not giving any credit nor any proof of permission I assumed you were trying to pass these off as your work, which they are not. Please, be respectful and get permission before using anyone's work and always give proper credit. If you cannot get permission, then I suggest learning how to sprite SF3 on your own and using the SF characters straight from the SF Alpha series to work from. That way it's truly your honest work...well besides using Capcom's sprites of course, but we all do that and agree that's it's fine.

I don't want you in any sort of trouble, nor get banned. I know you don't want that either and I understand you are doing this because it gives you joy. But rules are rules and you must be respectful of other people's work in this community. Please be respectful and do what is right. Thank you.

Offline Beximus

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Chuchoryu isn't making it up.  I am supplying him with screenshots of characters.

i modded the training room background using an edit someone made to turn it solid green

here are links to my mediafire account hosting the screenshot files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?72w1bikix5bzcct

http://www.mediafire.com/?x0eh093w0v491wn

those are abel and viper packs.

I'm thinking of applying this method to other games in order to find people willing to turn these screenshots into sprites.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
Thank you Beximus for settling that particular debate and issue.

Now my real concern on the other hand still needs to be addressed, but at this point I'm not holding out any hope. I should just let those in charge deal with this as I have already showed my evidence and posted my concerns in detail. I prefer to wash my hands of all this so that I can move on from it. 

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar