collapse

Author Topic: XSC char ending  (Read 17271 times)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
Re: XSC char ending
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
Like a movie. Long, with dialogue, too.

Although I always personally disliked the 'Hero Dies' endings in games. Its like Scorpion fought so hard to get there...only to be burned to pieces.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
It's good and I was with you... up to the part where he still ended up dead.  Can't that be one of the aspects of Second Coming that get's changed a bit?    

I swear that Marvel had their brains scrambled the day they decided it'd be a good idea to kill off one of the X-Men's most beloved characters.  \-/o

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »
It's good and I was with you... up to the part where he still ended up dead.  Can't that be one of the aspects of Second Coming that get's changed a bit?    

I swear that Marvel had their brains scrambled the day they decided it'd be a good idea to kill off one of the X-Men's most beloved characters.  \-/o

im sure i doesnt matter if he dies or not for the ending coz "he has friends on the otherside"
(quoted from disneys shadowman hehe)

plus these character never die, they always come back, just like phoenix, colossus, wolverine, captain america, and soon it will be nightcrawler  

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
actually he already returned, well... not exactly... but the age of apoc NC are in regular universe right now....
its a nice ending @novasod, but something small is better, without long dialogs, just like vs series endings, if we do 3 screens per char, its 60+ screens to do.... and i dont want to use comics images on this one, will try something close to eoh.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:44:41 AM by zvitor »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »
actually he already returned, well... not exactly... but the age of apoc NC are in regular universe right now....
its a nice ending @novasod, but something small is better, without long dialogs, just like vs series endings, if we do 3 screens per char, its 60+ screens to do.... and i dont want to use comics images on this one, will try something close to eoh.

Believe it or not, I actually tried to keep it short; if I didn't, then the ending would have been so much longer then it already is. Besides, I wouldn't think it's a whol lot of work; just have Night-crawler standing apart from each other for most of the scene, then just use a combination of still images, and black-out screens for bits that would be too hard to do, for the rest. Of course, I'm not an actual MUGEN creator, so what do I know?

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
i like the ending you made for NC, just not the dialogue, the whole scene  can be illustrated with one pic that his gets killed mid "bamf" then a second pic of hope finishing him off, actually the ending of the game BEFORE each character ending can played out as an outro with a generic hope killing bastion through normal mugen sprites, then the character ending can start, then follow on with credits, then a generic
 "thanks for playing xsc"

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »
Ignore this, wrong thread.

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »
As this game IS based on the Second Coming storyline itself--with some Messiah Comples/Wars thrown in for good measure--I feel the endings, for the most part, should be based on epilogue moments from the arc.  Which means, that yes, in a couple of endings, Kirt will be dead.  Here's some ideas.  

The following characters were involved in Second Coming itself (or the previous Messiah stories in Bishop's and Deadpool's case) so the endings would be based on events from the books:

Cable: Basically the canon ending.  Cable sacrifices himself and Hope tears Bastion apart.  Pretty easy all around.
Cyclops:  That bit where he sees more mutants being born at the very, very end.  "We were right."  I like that.
Emma Frost:  Probably her seeing the Phoenix Force awakening in Hope.
Wolverine:  "You want a mission and orders?  Give them to yourself for once."  I hope you know what I'm talking about.
Strom: That last scene with her and Wolverine.  "That means this will likely be the last drink we will share."
Nighcrawler:  Unfortunately:  "In my hour of need...strengthen me..."
Bishop:  Maybe not his final defeat per se, but setting up a final battle battle between him and Cable over Hope's survival in the future.  Yeah.
Deadpool:  One word: CablePool.
Beast:  Leaving the X-Men, probably at Kirt's funeral.
Collossus:  Swearing to find Illiana in Limbo--probably during the reset-his-arm scene in the epilogue.  I like that bit.
Rogue:  Getting removed from the combat team.
Xavier: Watches Hope smash Bastion with the comments from the book:  "It's like a dream.  My dream.  The dream.  And then its over, and she's a little girl again.  Who lost her father.:
Magneto:  "I made this asteroid primarily of iron"  Cue a lot of dead Nimrods.
Namor:  Namor berating Beast for leaving.  It's one of his better bits.
Psylocke:  "This is X-Force.  The only rule: No one knows."
Iceman: Iceman tries to teach Namor Basketball :D

These characters weren't directly involved to my knowledge, so the endings have a bit more freedom:

Gambit:  Continuing from Rogue's ending, Gambit arriving to console her.  Some brief mention of his time as a Herald and such, just to show this is them getteng back together after a falling out.
Mystique:  A follow up to the Rouge/Gambit storyline.  Probably her watching them get back together in disgust.
Juggernaught:  Juggs beats Bastion, declares himself "truely unstoppable" and challenges the gathered X-Men then and there.
Omega Red: Collosus vs. Omega Red with Magick's life on the balance, maybe?
Birdy:  Joke ending, obviously.  I'm thinking something along the lines of some guy at Marvel Comics pitching an ending to the suits where SHE's the true Mutant Messiah, only to get rejected right out.
Quicksilver:  I dunno.  Maybe something about Quicksilver rejecting Magneto and returning to the Avengers.
Sabretooth:  In a snofield in Canada, he battles Wolverine only to get ambushed by X-Force.
Strong Guy:  I actually know very little about Strong Guy, but I imagine he'd be a good character to use for a jokey ending.
SECRET CHARACTER:  Something involving newspapers and photographs :)

This is one part of the game development I acutally feel I can help out with.  I'll see if I can script out th eendings (I bet I could make 'em short enough) and even do some storyboards.  I'm pretty good with line drawing.  It's color I have trouble with...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:33:16 PM by Shotoman »

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
Omega Red, hasn't been used in a while to my knowledge so how about, him being studied by the mixed techno-organic crew from the first uncanny x-force story arc. That storyline involved the resurection of bastion, in a sense!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista