collapse

Author Topic: "Batman News"  (Read 472 times)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
"Batman News"
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:32:07 AM »
I found this really awesome site titled "Batman News" and it's giving away a lot of details about The Dark Knight Rises movie every week.

http://batman-news.com/

What they're talking about right now is whether or not the Prey storyline, where Hugo Strange seems like an ally to the feds (when the audience knows he is truly evil) and they demand that he find out who Batman is.. I'm guessing this could also be rewritten to tie in that he took the blame for Dent's murders from TDK. I think this will actually make a very good story for the movie.

http://batman-news.com/2010/11/21/will-the-dark-knight-rises-be-based-on-prey/

The lead female role is being decided between Talia, Ra Al Ghul's daughter, and Catwoman.. although I highly doubt catwoman will be in it..

Also, even though Nolan deconfirmed both that Riddler and Johnny Depp would not be in The Dark Knight rises movie... you can't help but wonder if that's a trick up his sleeve you know.. like he may be saying no, but then again could be reconsidering.. and they don't have a full script so they can change it when they want to..... I mean think about how well the character did in Arkham Asylum.. and now that he's gonna have at least a slightly bigger role in Arkham City.. come on.. he's just gotta be in this movie!

Who else thinks that Johnny Depp as the Riddler would just totally be B.A.? =-)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:11:36 AM
  • The trend setter
Re: "Batman News"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
it doesnt matter who plays they role (well ok it does) The riddler would in theory be portrayed by  Depp perfectly but they said the same about Carry too. Its all about how they write the character in the role. Carry was doomed because of a bad script.

Which riddler will they do? The smart, vindictive over anticlerical one, the goofy nerdy one, the pimp daddy one, etc. that there will say who best to play the role.

Carry was the goofy nerdy one and he was the proper actor for the role but even tho they had the right actor the script blew.

on a side note The second moive with penguin and catwoman; even tho it was well received it could have been better if they did a different take on P. Penguin is also considered one of the Batz most deadly enemies. A lot of people over look him or say he's trash recause the recent take of him have been goofy. The Bat Man (altho i hate this show) did him justice playing tribute to who he really is.......

Joker & Harley are my favs followed by Penguin. I'd rather see him in this film. But if they do riddler and go the two villain route they should team him with the mad hatter.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »
I think you gotta be realistic about it. I don't see Nolan wanting Depp. It may sound perfect, but thats exactly why nolan wouldnt pick him.

Seems like people speculate like Joel Schumacher is making this thing.

I really dont suspect a huge name in this. Nolan likes classically trained actors with a cult following like Bale, Oldman, Cain, Freeman, even Ledger wasnt that big. Decaprio worked, but i am not so sure Depp would. To be honest I havent been all that impressed with Depps films after the 1st Pirates.

I honestly think this movie will take a step back, and be more like Begins as a dark, noir type of gritty pulp type of atmosphere. It wont touch Dark Knight, but hardcore fans will luv it.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »
While Johnny Depp is a great comedian, he is also a great actor. I agree that Jim Carrey's script was a little.. yea.. off... but omg he rocked that character EVEN WITH that lame script! I think it's safe to say only an awesome comedian will be able to rock The Riddler's role tbh... and for Inception he did get Leo so why not have a bigger name for this movie? I mean at least one! And Katie Holmes was actually quite famous before her role as Rachel Dawes too.. so I can see where you're going about the whole Nolan wanting people with not that much fame and some cult followings or w/e but come on.. they have to have an A lister for this movie and Johnny Depp would be PERFECT! I didn't care for the third pirates movie myself, but come on.. he rocked the others, he rocked Sweeney Todd, and he'll rock The Dark Knight Rises.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »
I really dont believe that Riddler will be in it.

Nolan has said he will not use any villians from the previous franchise. Nolans not really the deceptive type. He just doesnt like to reveal anything until it's in place. If he says it isn't about this I think you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal