collapse

Author Topic: Today on Why is it?: TMNT 03'  (Read 889 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Today on Why is it?: TMNT 03'
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
Why is it that people don't like this show? (We're not disscussing Fast Forward, that was a trite piece of 4Kids intervention.)

Is it because they relate to what they remember from the old show?

Is it because they hate the new theme song THAT much? (1, 2, 3, 4!)

Or is it because they really haven't given the show a chance to prove itself?

When I first heard a new animated show for the turtles was in the works, I was thrilled. As a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles since Episode 1 back in 87' (I was 6), I thought it was high time that the Turtles came back around like so other many comic heroes had. But when I saw the first episode, I was thrown back quite a bit. I wasn't expecting a rehash of the old show, but I wasn't expecting what I saw either. The entire thing has a real comic-book feel to it. After a few goes though, I thought it was great. The animation was clean, the widescreen effects added the dramatic feel, and turtles had very distinct personalities. Not that they didn't in the 80's, but here, it was more prominent. But as I watched, something became very clear to me. This show had something the old show didn't.

1: This show, and it's villians, was serious. The Shredder was one bad dude. Even the other villians in the show brought their A-game. None of that comical relief stuff, not that the show wasn't funny at times.

2: No loose ends. Everything came around. Just when you got to wondering, "I wonder what "insert someone here" is up to, lo and behold, said character arrived, or was part of something later.

3. Character development. Sure, the turtles came as their stock personas: Leo, leader; Don, techno-savy, Raph, hot-headed, Mike, general clown. But they became more than being just that. Mikey eventually learned discipline, Raph had a HUGE anger problem, but he learned to control it, whereas at one point Leo developed anger worse then Raph ever had because he felt he failed as a leader. Even April went through a little evolution. Ever wonder how she kick all @$$ in the new movie? She learned in the comic, and it's reflected in the show.

4. Plot development. Not to say that the 80's show didn't have it, but honestly, if I were to take any season of the old show besides the first and swtich the order of all the episodes in it except for the last episode, it wouldn't have any effect on the continuitity of the season. You can't do that with this show. Things happen that have direct effect on further episodes. And the plots were good, good enough to make me put the extra effort of getting home from work early enough or remembering to tape it in the morning so I could see every episode.

I say anyone who doesn't like the new show either haven't read the comics which is what this show is based more on, can't handle change (the 80's was the 80's, find a way to move on), or slapped a 4Kids label on it without giving it a shot. Although 4Kids is partly responsible for the ressurection of TMNT, the show is mostly handled by Mirage Studios. 4Kids however IS responsible for the airing of Fast Forward (which was supposed to be toned-down and more comical for the kiddies, which they're getting rid of that crap next season) before the "lost episodes", which is the true season 5.

I'm not saying the old show was crap, GOD NO! I loved the old Turtles up to season 7 (you know, where they started doing that always sundown, everybody hates the turtles, kid with the mutation problem, channel 6 blows up every episode crap). I'm just saying both show are awesome in their own way, and that people shouldn't be so critical of the newer show. Shoot, Mikey gets to KEEP his 'chucks for the ENTIRE show. That's gotta say something.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:34:53 PM by G Lux »

(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
Re: Today on Why is it?: TMNT 03'
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:23 PM »
I loved the show but never really got the chance to watch it when I wanted to
but I bought the first and third O3' series based games for the PS2
and loved them

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »
Actually I liked the new show. Except for some various things. Like April's new character design. At first I just thought it was some random girl, she didn't look anything like the April I knew from the 80's. I like TMNT 07's April better because they kind of go back to her wearing yellow. Which to me is the theme color for April. It's like having an MK game with Scorpion wearing something that isn't colored yellow... or even a ninja costume.

Also I didn't like the new foot clan symbol. The one that looks like a reptilian foot, rather then a ninja's whatever it is they wear on their feet...  :D

Although I thought the story was solid... up until the utrom shredder thing and I got hella confused. At first I thought it was Krang posing as Shredder, I mean that would have made a hell of a lot of sense, but Shredder just being a Utrom on his own doesn't make sense at all (and waiting for the next season took forever, so I just stopped watching it entirely).
The other thing I didn't like was how they turned Baxter into a robot spider... I would have been perfectly happy if they turned him into the fly to make him a new supervillain but a robot spider...

Also my favorite TMNT villain next to shredder was messed up pretty bad.
Metalhead was like if Michaelangelo were a Robot, but then in the new TMNT, he didn't even look like any of the ninja turtles.

Other then that, I like the series. I even bought the first game for the ps2 and gba based on the 03 series. Both were pretty fun, although I liked the GBA version more.

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »
 ^^(PM)^
that show is hell'a good and probably ppl don't like it cuz it's based on the comics storyline like the utroms, shredder
being cool, and no villians from the original show like krang, but i think the fast forward season sux's butt, and i like about it is went back to it's dark mood like in the comics and the turtles don't say cawabonga or wut evr it's f**k** called also don't eat pizza cuz that was getting really tired of that kind of crap.

things i didn't like from the show
utrom shredder WTF come on an utrom
no blood
no saying damn
april is kinda retarded lookin
but mostly fast forward THAT'S NOT IN THE f**k** COMICS NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU 4KIDSTV DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
but mostly fast forward THAT'S NOT IN THE f**k** COMICS NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN YOU 4KIDSTV DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Why is it that people don't like this show? (We're not disscussing Fast Forward, that was a trite piece of 4Kids intervention.)

OK, I'll talk about Fast Forward...sigh. First, we start from the beginning.

In 2002, Fox Kids dies thanks to Saban and Disney's purchase of Fox Family Worldwide (which is why was now have Power Rangers on Jetix and ABC Family). The same year, the FoxBox is born by a joint contract with Fox and 4Kids. Mirage Studios, in association Fox Network and 4Kids Entertainment bring us TMNT in 2003. In 2005, the FoxBox becomes 4KidsTV. The main difference here is that 4Kids has full control of the programming on this block from that point onward. Thus begins the birth of Fast Forward. Stay with me now.

After the Fourth season's cliffhanger leading into the Ninja Tribunal Story-arc, 4Kids, having full control, decide that the tone and mood of TMNT was too dark for it's audience. Therefore, they opted that a new storyline be introduced with the same characters, involving a lighter setting. So what's the best way to do this? Change the setting and enviroment.

Enter the birth of TMNT: Fast Forward. Throw the character 99 (not 100, why not 100) years into the future so that the old villians, enviroment, and plotline no longer exists, and start fresh. This allows them to retain the past elements and certain character to be reintroduced in a lighter setting. The problem here is this: WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED AT THE END OF SEASON 4?! They were on a boat headed to Japan to train to fight some huge evil, then THIS?!

Wanting closure to that story-arc, the team developed the Ninja Tribunal into a 13-episode series (although episode 6 was scrapped due to a contraversal issue, something about conjoined twins) to be released later as a DVD. This way, fans who wanted to know can see it for themselves, without stepping on 4Kids hierarchal toes. Little did 4Kids realize, we LIKED the show the way it was. 4Kids on Demand did air the episodes for a time, only to have them dissappear.

So how does this all end? Fast Forward has completed it's 26-episode run and I'm happy to say that it WON'T be coming back next year. Next year, the turtles are going back to their own time where they belong. And, Season 5, currently being promoted as "The Lost Episodes", have been airing on 4KidsTV since Feb. 9. And if you haven't been watching them, I feel pity for you. Why?

utrom shredder WTF come on an utrom

Because The Ninja Tribunal story-arc is all about Shredder, The REAL Shredder. That's right, the Utrom is NOT the real Shredder.

EDIT: oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Although I thought the story was solid... up until the utrom shredder thing and I got hella confused. At first I thought it was Krang posing as Shredder, I mean that would have made a hell of a lot of sense, but Shredder just being a Utrom on his own doesn't make sense at all (and waiting for the next season took forever, so I just stopped watching it entirely).

Krang DOES come out in the show only, he not who you think he would be. Somewhere in the second season, when the Utroms are leaving the TCRI building, there's two Utrom walking onto the teleporter cause their robot body broke. One of them complains about having to walk on his own, and the other one says "Oh, shut up Krang." I remembered hearing that and flipping out, rewinding it, and playing it back over and over.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:05:44 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
intresting.......
so since this IS the TMNT 03 series topic...... let's try to clear some things up
*SPOILERS FOR SOME*

Shredder 1 = Utrom Exile
Shredder 2 = Past Oroku Saki, from when the Turtles where thrust into the past due to the Utrom's machine...thingy
Shredder 3 = Present day Oroku Saki
am I correct?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
intresting.......
so since this IS the TMNT 03 series topic...... let's try to clear some things up
*SPOILERS FOR SOME*

Shredder 1 = Utrom Exile
Shredder 2 = Past Oroku Saki, from when the Turtles where thrust into the past due to the Utrom's machine...thingy
am I correct?

Indeed SPOILER ALERT!!

1. Yes, an Utrom warlord sentenced to exile.
2. Same shredder.
3. There is no present day Oroku Saki

The Utrom Shredder assumed the name of the shredder to garnish respect. The Real Shredder dates back to 300 A.D. and has been inprisioned by the Ninja Tribunals power to this date. Only recently has he been freed by the Five Mystic Foot Ninja.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
intresting.......
*SPOILERS FOR SOME*

Shredder 1 = Utrom Exile
am I correct?

Indeed SPOILER ALERT!!

1. Yes, an Utrom warlord sentenced to exile.
2. Same shredder.
3. There is no present day Oroku Saki

The Utrom Shredder assumed the name of the shredder to garnish respect. The Real Shredder dates back to 300 A.D. and has been inprisioned by the Ninja Tribunals power to this date. Only recently has he been freed by the Five Mystic Foot Ninja.
Wait, how old is the shredder from 300 A.D? Did he not die of old age or did he never appear in the current timeline?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »
Ah ha ha! The question has been asked!

Ok VKM, this right here is just for you.

The Legend of the 5 Dragons, The Orgin of The Shredder, & The Birth of the Ninja Tribunal

Japan, 300 A.D.

There arose a demon tengu from the depths of darkness, devouring and destroying everything within it's path. In that time, there were fight mighty warriors charged by the king to defeat the it. The greatest craftmen in the land forged magical armor for them to confront the tengu. Oroku Saki was one of the five warriors, and was to one to land the final blow that destroyed the demon. Returning victorious, the Emperor granted them their own symbol (the exact flipside of Shredder's symbol), and declared them "The 5 Dragons". But, things were not as they seemed.

See, of the five warriors, Oroku Saki was the most aggressive. The Tengu promised Saki untold, unstoppable power, granted that it be allowed to inhabit Saki's Spirit. His proposal awoke the deak heart within Saki. He agreed, then destroyed the tengu, which at this point was nothing more than a shell.

Having obtained the demon tengu's powers for himself, he then began his conquest of Japan. He became the greatest and most feared warlord of all time. And the name the people feared was, The Shredder.

The remaining 4 Dragons, knowing they could not defeat him as they were, trained diligently, learning the mystical arts, training their bodies, their minds, and their spirits. By doing so, they became more than human, but the very elements of nature itself. Once their training was complete, they confronted and battle against The Shredder.

The Shredder, having such emence power, brought forth his Dragon form, but through their training, the 4 dragons were also able to manifest their dragon forms, and defeat The Shredder. Although, he was defeated, they could not destroy him, for his magic was too great. So, they placed him in a sarcophagus, removing his Helmet and his Gaunlet.

Having sealed away The Shredder's power, the 4 Dragons knew that his evil would never die and vowed to never let him return, for should these three emblems come together again, the Shredder would be reborn. Keeping a vigilant watch over these items to this day, they train acolytes to help them in their fight, those who having the potental to learn as they have. They taught an art of fighting with the power of the dragon at it's call, which has become known as Ninjitsu. And the remaining 4 Dragon immortals became known as, The Ninja Tribunal.

Geez, that was a handful to type out.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 03:16:39 PM »
Soooooo
(keep in mind that I skimmed along)
One of the people strong enough to learn the Sacred art from the Immortals was Hamato Yoshi?
just asking....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:27:00 PM by Negi Springfield »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 03:47:20 PM »
Soooooo
(keep in mind that I skimmed along)
One of the people strong enough to learn the Sacred art from the Immortals was Hamato Yoshi?
just asking....

Unfortunately, no. I'd go on, but the Wiki on him pretty much nails everything I wanna say to a T. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamato_Yoshi#2003_cartoon

Just if you are watching these episodes, DO NOT READ THE LAST SENTENCE, THE ONE THAT STANDS ALONE.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:52:37 PM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
I just finished watching the lost season, and one thing puzzles me.

How is Karai born? I mean... There was the Shredder back in year 300, which died, and then he was resurrected about 1300 years later as undead (during when Karai is probably in her 20s).
Did Karai time travel to the future? Was she adopted?
She can't be the Utrom Shredders kid, since they are a completely different race.

Also I can't wait for season 7, it looks pretty good. They're going back to NYC in the normal timeline.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »
glad to see this topic back up,
I read the Wiki and it clearly states Yoshi returned some money to some bum, and it turned out to be a test from an immortal, he was then trained....
so....
yeah.....

also @ Vkm's question I always wounderd that
adopted and trained I guess
since she was adopted then she just see's Shredder as her father

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
glad to see this topic back up,
I read the Wiki and it clearly states Yoshi returned some money to some bum, and it turned out to be a test from an immortal, he was then trained....
so....
yeah.....

also @ Vkm's question I always wounderd that
adopted and trained I guess
since she was adopted then she just see's Shredder as her father
That would make sense, because in the episode where Karai loses her armor temporarily, Shredder says "You would make a nice slave".
(he didn't say sex slave, but judging by the situation, he didn't really have to)
Then  I was like...
Oh Hell no. o_O

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »
I just finished watching the lost season, and one thing puzzles me.

How is Karai born? I mean... There was the Shredder back in year 300, which died, and then he was resurrected about 1300 years later as undead (during when Karai is probably in her 20s).
Did Karai time travel to the future? Was she adopted?
She can't be the Utrom Shredders kid, since they are a completely different race.

Also I can't wait for season 7, it looks pretty good. They're going back to NYC in the normal timeline.

Yeah, Negi got it right. Karai was abandoned as a child and taken in by the Shredder Utrom. In that sense, she sees him as her father, even he is obviously not her real father.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 10:19:51 PM »
ok...just saw a few pics..so...quick question..

was the Sheredder/Oroku Saki showed at the very begining..an alien!?
or did he actually died fighthing "the scientist" and was then reemplaced
by that krang thing?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
ok...just saw a few pics..so...quick question..

was the Sheredder/Oroku Saki showed at the very begining..an alien!?
or did he actually died fighthing "the scientist" and was then reemplaced
by that krang thing?

The first Shredder was a utrom (like Krang), the second was Karai, the third was the original Shredder in the year 300 that died by having 4 "artifacts" removed and placed in different areas, I guess he died by old age in the tomb, and the only way to bring him back to life was to bring the 4 artifacts together. So they get the 4 artifacts 1700 years later which brings forth a undead (zombified) shredder, and he controls a massive undead army.

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 12:50:28 AM »
krang is not a utrom he's probably inspired by the utrom, but overall he's not an utrom cuz he's a big rip off !!!!!!  >:(
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:47 AM »
krang is not a utrom he's probably inspired by the utrom, but overall he's not an utrom cuz he's a big rip off !!!!!!  >:(
In the 80's cartoon he isn't.

In the 2003 series he is.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar