collapse

Author Topic: drifting away from mugen...  (Read 871 times)

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
drifting away from mugen...
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
you know, I haven't played mugen in while (through a week and slow butt computer that cant run for S*** =__=)

I sorta see it as a waste of time, handling all that adding characters and stages and with so many trial and error and since Brawl came out, I've sorta neglected the game and I want, scratch that, NEED some inspiration for this game, see how I can get my mind back on mugen, so I think ive lost interest in downloading mugen things (:|

Currently in need of one

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 02:11:28 AM
Re: drifting away from mugen...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:16:48 AM »
as you i lost interest for playing mugen a while ago, thats becuase theres nothing you can do, mugen is just a very imcomplete 2d fighting engine with a lot of crashes and fails. thats why i havent donwloaded anything from a while back until know, i just like to be around mugen comunity and create my own stuff for it, thats all sadly.  :|

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 07:37:11 AM »
You know, I think everyone goes though up and down periods with their interest in Mugen. It kinda happens, as there's always going to be distractions here and there.

Of course, admittedly I've been more into creating my own stuff than finding things to download for it for some time, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask on this  :P.

In the end though, even if you really enjoy something, there's always going to be times you need a break from it. Maybe that's what's happening here with Mugen for you, Aura. So, enjoy playing Brawl for the time being, and when you feel like messing with your Mugen again, you can (no need to worry-- it will be there when you get back) :)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »
i sprite a lot, but i play only twice in a month.  :-j

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
I haven't really had a down period, but that's because I play other games.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline RiceTheZilla

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 17, 2008, 02:28:20 PM
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »
If you're just some leecher, downloading 300 characters a day will get boring.
Ive never had any errors(besides out of memory). :|

I stopped playing M.U.G.E.N(for a year) because i had a crappy PC, and M.U.G.E.N gave me errors, and closed alot, to avoid errors just look in the .def of the character, see if the date needs to be changed, etc, also get good sound plugins.
Since i became a creator ive been playing M.U.G.E.N Alot. ^-^

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
I got bored with Mugen a while ago too, but all of a sudden I've been wanting to play and create stages more than ever. Right now my laptop i all messed up (partially the reason I took a break from Mugen) and i'm getting the Windows virtual memory minimum too low thing. I cant wait til I get a new PC. Try creating something. That should interest you again.

D:

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 07:26:14 PM »
im barely hanging on to mugen if it werent for me learning how to use that snk tag system i would not be playing mugen right now. man i wish i had as much fun playing mugen as i did when i first discovered it. thats why u rarley see me on infinity i use to be on here a lot more when mugen was more interesting maybe if they make a new mugen with better or new game modes on it, ppl would start getting back into mugen.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
When I dont play, I do palettes, watch vids or AI battles. If not any of those things than obviously more serious matters are at hand 8-}
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 08:25:20 PM »
Brawl took all my time away from mugen last time I played mugen was the day brawl was released

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
Yeah, brawl kinda..made me lose interest for a bit. I try to sprite nowadays.

animugen

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »
I thought I was the only one who was losing interest in Mugen.But I guess I'm not alone.I'm losing interest since Mugen Lacks Balance not to mention with the lack of Characters I REALLY do Like the most is what gets me to not play it.I mean I want to make characters real badly but when I've seen how much of a hassle it is just to get one character in I just say it's not even worth it.All I do is make mugen stories and upload them to youtube but now I'm losing interest in even that.I just wish More Mugen Creators would think outside the box rather than just make Ryu,Ken & Goku(My way of saying all ppl do is make characters that's already been made thousands of times and that's seen in ALOT of Fighting games that we know about)And not to mention the lack of no actual story just makes it feel like it's not an actual fighting game not to mention with no unlockables and such like in a real fighting game.Perhaps someday someone perhaps someone in this forum may make another Engine similar to mugen but much better and with much faster and easier character and stage making too.Sigh I hardly play mugen I only play with a friend and we do MVC Style Tag Team matches(That I just recently got)Mugen's more fun with a friend really not to mention fighting games in general is much more fun to play with friends really. 

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 02:11:28 AM
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »
im barely hanging on to mugen if it werent for me learning how to use that snk tag system i would not be playing mugen right now. man i wish i had as much fun playing mugen as i did when i first discovered it. thats why u rarley see me on infinity i use to be on here a lot more when mugen was more interesting maybe if they make a new mugen with better or new game modes on it, ppl would start getting back into mugen.

^:)^ LOL me too ive even lost the interest working on my wips, damn...

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:48 AM »
Haha, the amazing Brawl took away everyone's interest from Mugen, including me.

Before Brawl came out I didn't spend much time in the videogames section. Now, I spend most of my time in it when I come here. Brawl is just so addicting, especially with Sonic being in there :P

If it wasn't for SyN's awesomeness (and other WIPs), I don't think I would of opened my Mugen up and started to update my DMC3 stage yesturday. With his awesome interactive stages being made, it makes me hold on to Mugen since it's concept is original compared to what we've been seeing here lately.

I might actually downsize my Mugen roster since I don't care for it as much as I use to. I always wanted to get rid of some characters (out of the 140 that I have), but I never could for some reason. :-??

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
I thought I was the only one who was losing interest in Mugen.But I guess I'm not alone.I'm losing interest since Mugen Lacks Balance not to mention with the lack of Characters I REALLY do Like the most is what gets me to not play it.I mean I want to make characters real badly but when I've seen how much of a hassle it is just to get one character in I just say it's not even worth it.All I do is make mugen stories and upload them to youtube but now I'm losing interest in even that.I just wish More Mugen Creators would think outside the box rather than just make Ryu,Ken & Goku(My way of saying all ppl do is make characters that's already been made thousands of times and that's seen in ALOT of Fighting games that we know about)And not to mention the lack of no actual story just makes it feel like it's not an actual fighting game not to mention with no unlockables and such like in a real fighting game.Perhaps someday someone perhaps someone in this forum may make another Engine similar to mugen but much better and with much faster and easier character and stage making too.Sigh I hardly play mugen I only play with a friend and we do MVC Style Tag Team matches(That I just recently got)Mugen's more fun with a friend really not to mention fighting games in general is much more fun to play with friends really. 

^^(PM)^ ^^(PM)^ everything u said was so f**k*** true. but luckly for me my bro epa villian is one year younger than me and we are almost the same skill level at mugen so i always have a good fight when i play mugen

animugen

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »

^^(PM)^ ^^(PM)^ everything u said was so f**k*** true. but luckly for me my bro epa villian is one year younger than me and we are almost the same skill level at mugen so i always have a good fight when i play mugen

Your quite Lucky because my sister and my friend Ledarius are straight up noobs.They suck so hard.All they want to do is team up with me.My one friend Rodney he's fun to play since he's at my level.I just got done playing mugen even before I got to finish Arcade.I just quit because I got bored.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

Your quite Lucky because my sister and my friend Ledarius are straight up noobs.They suck so hard.All they want to do is team up with me.My one friend Rodney he's fun to play since he's at my level.I just got done playing mugen even before I got to finish Arcade.I just quit because I got bored.

lol

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »
I think everyone hits a  o.O# during their mugen stint. After you've downloaded your brains out and customized this and that you turn to helping others in creating mugen stuff. I've actually never play much because I don't have another human opponent but customizing still rules my world. Lately I've been getting into creation though. The community above all else keeps me coming back to the forum. Hey, I wanna know what's going on with you guys :-".

Thanks DG!

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 05:44:36 AM »
I think everyone hits a  o.O# during their mugen stint. After you've downloaded your brains out and customized this and that you turn to helping others in creating mugen stuff. I've actually never play much because I don't have another human opponent but customizing still rules my world. Lately I've been getting into creation though. The community above all else keeps me coming back to the forum. Hey, I wanna know what's going on with you guys :-".

that pretty much spills it out for me too. Doing palettes and now trying to frankensprite but not for chars. Need to figure out Gimp though, so many tools 8-}
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar