collapse

Author Topic: Beast - MvC: EoH  (Read 5171 times)

Offline ~Wolfpaul~

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 06, 2012, 05:57:31 PM
    • Email
Re: Beast - MvC: EoH
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »
 :D nice release acey! congrats  =D> ^:)^

Userbar By The Dude Z

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
fantastic! the release everyone has been waiting for!

Offline Tiger-Boy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 07:02:42 PM
  • "*Sigh*... Just call me 'Claw'."
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
I've been waiting for this release!!!   XD||

Awesome job!!   :thumbsup:

And the stage was a bonus!!!  ;D
"To share is MUGEN Law!"   XD||

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 07, 2008, 11:47:43 PM
  • Nice, decent kind of guy
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »
the release everyone has been waiting for!

same here, and now I want to see black cat released from the SD team

also, I found a flaw in the hyper - down, diagonal right (or left, whichever it is), right (or left, whichever it is) & strong + hyper kick, after he does the hyper..he just flies up & disappears....pretty weird...might want to fix that 

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
yeah, that hyper kick button, it's a doozy.

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
ya he just disappears after doing the hyper :P

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:21 PM »
which one, the gun one?

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
no it's a the hyper where he just goes balls out on ya with swipes & kicks, etc... then just precedes to jumps off screen, never to be seen or heard from again :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:47:27 PM by Sgt Hartsock »

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
i have been waiting for him thank you!  :rules: lol

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 01:09:24 AM »
Congrats on the release Acey. Very nice :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »
I'm late to the party again..crap!  :P Anyway, congratulations on releasing Beast Acey and thank you for every bit of hard work you put into him  :thumbsup:  Thank you for the stage as well  :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 01:46:11 AM by Darkgargos »

Offline mighty adam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 26, 2012, 07:40:41 AM
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »
once again acey you put out a well made character i'll be back with any bugs after i test

Offline mighty adam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 26, 2012, 07:40:41 AM
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »
i've found a bug when you jump in the air and hit down mk then he dose his move but if you keep tapping mk you can get in like 14 hits that do wild homo dmg but other then that 1 bug this is a sick character great job acey

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Beast eh? Cool, didn't expect him yet. Well then, let's have a looky!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
I noticed a metallic chink of a sound when the lazer fires, so I found the perfect length of a lazer sound for the 'borrowed tech' lazer, which is great. now it sounds even better.

my only gripe is the busted hyper that sends him off screen after he does it. other than that, beast is great. I love how you can do the taunt as much as you want, and he'll just sit there until you press the ENTER button again :P

nice.

Offline marvelgeek187

• Last Login:November 20, 2008, 11:28:38 PM
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »
yo I'am a noob in mugen I started palying since November but what are you supposed to do with the ace files  :-??

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 08:31:03 PM »
ACE files are the same as zip files. you got WinRAR? you can unzip ACE files

if you need more info on the game & such, Wiki it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
I use winace myself and highly recommend it.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
this is a surprise i didn t expect this character so great i love when he turns in "new xmen" beast  ^^(PM)^
 XD||

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »
ya, I have a question about that, turning into that sort of new style x-men look - what was behind that decision and why does he do that? it struck me as interesting, and I want to know more about it

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
ya, I have a question about that, turning into that sort of new style x-men look - what was behind that decision and why does he do that? it struck me as interesting, and I want to know more about it

1) because Astonishing X-Men Beast is cool

2) wouldn't it be nice to have an entire character eventually who could be either version depending on the button used to select the character.

3) Because Beast has been known to mutate

4) I could have made it a dark beast hyper just as easily.

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »

1) because Astonishing X-Men Beast is cool

2) wouldn't it be nice to have an entire character eventually who could be either version depending on the button used to select the character.

3) Because Beast has been known to mutate

4) I could have made it a dark beast hyper just as easily.

ah very cool.

that would be pretty damn interesting..but is that possible? maybe you could use different sprite groups in the sequence that were for that version of the character. I think I can see that happening now, despite more work being done on it

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
I imagine if you did all the sprite work, you could pop all the sprites into the SFF and just code it to use those sprites for certain pallettes (kind of like how "nightmare" geese cahracters  all have that ring around them.)

theoretically speaking.

also, that astonishing beast hyper is rad. maybe it could be his infinity hyper, if you guys are still going with those.

Offline cybaster

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 18, 2013, 04:21:56 PM
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 03:37:33 AM »
There is no problem in putting several chars in one, selectable by palette, as long as the gethit and other custom state sprites share the same base.

That being said, let's move on to feedback :
Very nice sprites, should we say it once again ? :P

- Supers give back power.
- His big portrait is not the regular size for portraits (as all the release the team has been doing lately).
- His moves lack some envshake to show their power. When a bomb explods or when there's a beam, I'm waiting for the screen to shake.
- The Drop Mine velocities are really strange, sending the opponent flying with a huge X velocity, but almost no Y one. The best would be to code it so that the explosion sends the opponent in a direction depending on where he touched the bomb.
- His super portrait may need some clean up.
- His CLSNs move all over the place. On his stance for example. If you're using Fighter Factory's automatic CLSN tool, you should stop immediatly and try to gather data from the game to make CLSNs which somehow look like MVC collision boxes (or just take reference from chars from Splode, Sunboy, Beximus, LimitedMoon or WhiteMagic for example).
- Infinite priority on all his basic moves.
- Stupid nitpicking :P : in this char, the author is " Acey" and not "Acey"... just saying that in case somebody may need to trigger some stuff with your name.
- Now that I looked at the code a tiny little bit, I noticed you haven't implemented negative edge to your characters.

NEGATIVE EDGE :
It's a feature introduced by Capcom many years ago to simplify commands. You can read more about it there.
For example, usually, when you perform a hadoken, you press D,DF, and then you press punch and F at the same time. Adding negative edge allows you of course to perform it normally, but also to perform it by doing D,DF and pressing F while releasing punch.
What's the point, will you ask me ? Well, it allows you to perform moves a bit faster. Let's say you want to do the combo, punch->hadoken. Usually, you first press punch, release punch, and perform D,DF,F+P. Negative edge allows you to Press punch, then press D, DF and finally F while releasing the punch button, saving you the fact of having to release the punch button and repressing it. :)
That was just for the technical information, you'll see it's very easy to implement concerning single button moves. It's much more tricky for multi-button ones though.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 08:49:14 AM »
There is no problem in putting several chars in one, selectable by palette, as long as the gethit and other custom state sprites share the same base.

That being said, let's move on to feedback :
Very nice sprites, should we say it once again ? :P

- Supers give back power.
That will need to be fixed

- His big portrait is not the regular size for portraits (as all the release the team has been doing lately).
Actually they are perfectly sized for mugen. They only have that extra Black box.

- His moves lack some envshake to show their power. When a bomb explods or when there's a beam, I'm waiting for the screen to shake.
Iron Fist (Assasin) has been really vocal to me on this point. Let me just say, we have some big plans in the area across the board.

- The Drop Mine velocities are really strange, sending the opponent flying with a huge X velocity, but almost no Y one. The best would be to code it so that the explosion sends the opponent in a direction depending on where he touched the bomb.
I'll consider this. The mine currently will sned the opponent away from P! from when the mine was dropped, which means if you drop a mine, then end up on the other side, once the opponent walks into it it will actually push them towards you. I think it's a nice game effect that opens up opportunities.

- His super portrait may need some clean up.
Looks good to me...

- His CLSNs move all over the place. On his stance for example. If you're using Fighter Factory's automatic CLSN tool, you should stop immediatly and try to gather data from the game to make CLSNs which somehow look like MVC collision boxes (or just take reference from chars from Splode, Sunboy, Beximus, LimitedMoon or WhiteMagic for example).
Good points. I just went and compaired quickly to Beximus' and WhiteMagic's characters and Beast follows the same prinicples pretty darn close. Bex's is definetly simplier with less code but gives the same effect. I do use the auto CLSN tool then go through and make necessary adjustments and besides the recent realignment of Captain Marvel where I forgot to fix the CLSN, it has been working wonderfuly.

- Infinite priority on all his basic moves.
I think I'll need more explaination on this one, the priority in the code sure isn't set to anything Infinite and the CLSN on the character sure aren't unfair, especially considering comparison with the authors sighted above.

- Stupid nitpicking :P : in this char, the author is " Acey" and not "Acey"... just saying that in case somebody may need to trigger some stuff with your name.
Thanks, I never noticed

- Now that I looked at the code a tiny little bit, I noticed you haven't implemented negative edge to your characters.

NEGATIVE EDGE :
It's a feature introduced by Capcom many years ago to simplify commands. You can read more about it there.
For example, usually, when you perform a hadoken, you press D,DF, and then you press punch and F at the same time. Adding negative edge allows you of course to perform it normally, but also to perform it by doing D,DF and pressing F while releasing punch.
What's the point, will you ask me ? Well, it allows you to perform moves a bit faster. Let's say you want to do the combo, punch->hadoken. Usually, you first press punch, release punch, and perform D,DF,F+P. Negative edge allows you to Press punch, then press D, DF and finally F while releasing the punch button, saving you the fact of having to release the punch button and repressing it. :)
That was just for the technical information, you'll see it's very easy to implement concerning single button moves. It's much more tricky for multi-button ones though.

Negative edge is new to me (where the move is triggerd by removing your finger from the button as well as when it's pressed. I'll do some research here and you may or may not see more of it in the future. I really appreciate the explaination too.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal