collapse

Author Topic: aPoCaLyPsE's W.I.P - ArchAngel  (Read 15455 times)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
Re: aPoCaLyPsE's W.I.P - ArchAngel
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »
First Hyper added. Sprite Progress Update on first post. 

-"aPoC."

Offline x_mad80

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 25, 2014, 11:28:52 PM
    • xmad's mugen crap!
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
about time someone made that char.  :thumbsup: good luck aPoCaLyPsE   ::salute::

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:45 PM »

-"aPoC."

IMPRESSIVE  ;)

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »

-"aPoC."

i swaer man do u  have like 4 arms u sprite so many projects at once u all ready got this guy fighting and a special  :DxDie

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »
AND A HYPER?!?!?!?
Sweet dude. Freakin sweet.
-.-

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
I agree, its an awsome move.  :thumbsup:

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »
Thanks one again all, it's nice to know everyone is diggin' the looks of the character. It makes it that much easier to create.

Here's another progress gif with the new hyper with minor corrections from the last gif, including a longer hit pause on the final hit and environment color flash just before the final hit is delivered. Also the grab in the gif will be polished better so please excuse the P2 placement. I'm probably going to make his 2nd hyper an extended variation from this grab, with higher flight and more damage, and if all goes well, could be pulled off after delivering the first hyper (RazorWings) if performed fast enough.

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:53:44 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline celobateira

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 07, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
I don't have words Apoc...just...just...Superb, Awesome... I don't know

Never thought someone will work on such character like Archangel, I always thought

that he would be hard to make

>:-(-| I'm hoping Hecbator will release Mr. Sinister one day cause he's one of the "hard to

make" chars that I'm talkin about
No one dies virgin, life f..k us all

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »
Thanks one again all, it's nice to know everyone is diggin' the looks of the character. It makes it that much easier to create.

Here's another progress gif with the new hyper with minor corrections from the last gif, including a longer hit pause on the final hit and environment color flash just before the final hit is delivered. Also the grab in the gif will be polished better so please excuse the P2 placement. I'm probably going to make his 2nd hyper an extended variation from this grab, with higher flight and more damage, and if all goes well, could be pulled off after delivering the first hyper (RazorWings) if performed fast enough.

-"aPoC."

u got this fast allready  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 09:07:15 PM »
remember apoc that angel/archangel is the swiftest in the air at dodging and mobility in the air than ALL marvel characters. so i think you should incorporate that swiftness in the character but only in air. or u could make his superjump faster and his flight movement faster than your average magneto or any other flying characters. oh yeah he also used two moves that i can remember from the 90s cartoon... ill try and the video of him. i know one of his attacks looks identical to sonia blade (mk) pink projectile with the rings.

EDIT: [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
 I found the wing shoot move just watch the video and archangel will shoot blades from his wings as they fight the four horseman of the apocalypse. itsat 4:48
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:07:51 AM by donaldb22 »

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 11:47:03 PM »
He is looking very nice.  Maybe he can have a throw super combo like Alex's SF3 hyper or Rose's SFZ air throw.  He could also have a special or hyper where he swifts from on side of the stage to the other. :thumbsup:
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 12:08:14 AM »
He's looking great, Apoc. Really awesome looking hyper and I know that grab will end up looking amazing once you're done with it. :thumbsup:

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:10 AM »
 :o ArchAngel Alpha Teaser Video - Now Uploading!! 50%

remember apoc that angel/archangel is the swiftest in the air at dodging and mobility in the air than ALL marvel characters. so i think you should incorporate that swiftness in the character but only in air. or u could make his superjump faster and his flight movement faster than your average magneto or any other flying characters. oh yeah he also used two moves that i can remember from the 90s cartoon... ill try and the video of him. i know one of his attacks looks identical to sonia blade (mk) pink projectile with the rings.

EDIT: [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
 I found the wing shoot move just watch the video and archangel will shoot blades from his wings as they fight the four horseman of the apocalypse. itsat 4:48

I might be a lil blind but i didn't see what you where talking about, then again i didn't noticed you said 4:48 either so I'll watch it again.

EDIT2: Yeh, Im blind, i see it this time around..

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:32:19 AM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »
lol well it happens really quick that its easily overlooked. ill try and find you a vid of him doing that projectile attack. i remember what the episode looks like but not its name

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 01:43:42 AM »
ArchAngel Alpha W.I.P video now up on 1st post.  :)

-"aPoC."

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2008, 01:46:00 AM »
ArchAngel Alpha W.I.P video now up on 1st post.  :)

-"aPoC."

u all ready have an alpha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats Crazy

Offline ItalianStallion

• Hoodville Certified
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:May 07, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
  • Today you are inspired. Tomorrow you inspire
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 02:32:21 AM »

Apoc, thats amazing man, im speechless right now lol

Offline Bonobi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 17, 2023, 03:25:16 AM
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2008, 02:36:31 AM »
Very, very neat. I cannot wait to try this awesome looking creation. Just amazing that this is being done and still, so much to look forward to from mugen, just great.

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2008, 05:17:40 AM »
This is coming really great, I like the ideas for the hyper and throw, although more sprites are needed to create the real flow of movement.

I can suggest another classic move in which Angel goes to the top of the screen (still visible) and flaps his wings hard and thus the opponent will be thrown to the edge of the screen/stage (if not defending) - the effect is the same as Rouge's and Colossus's hard punch.

Another idea I would suggest (similar to what some already suggested) is an hyper in which Apocalypse shows and "power up"  >:( Angel to the Archangel form, than it will go into rage and fly all over the screen, hitting the opponent the same way Spiderman does in his hyper. It would be nice if one "dark" hyper features Archangel's pink/blue suit and another one features the black/gray suit.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 06:18:30 AM »
u are sure about not finishim this char in time to beta 3?

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 11:48:15 AM »
and to add to the apocalypse thing the other guy was talking about i say at the end of the hyper ave him fall out and collapse sort in a crouching dizzy animation resembling rock howard's win pose from cvs2 (where he falls to the ground holding is hand because he cant control his power) and then he could revert back to his normal form after he recovers. during the time that the hyper is missed you could just have him enter the dizzy state thus making it counter attack bait. question is what would he do for a rage move???? unblockable grab or an attack. if its a grab then my add-on to the other guys idea might work but if its an attack i guess after you block the rage he can enter the dizzy state then

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
u are sure about not finishim this char in time to beta 3?

^-^ ;D 

hehe yea, I think there's still too much potenial with this character to package it up before Beta 3.. but who knows? Didn't The Anvil pull off Jubilee for the Beta 3 release just before the deadline? Anything can happen really, I'm just having fun making this character come to life as it was one of my personal needed chars for Mugen (along with Mr. Sinister, Punisher, Nightcrawler, Dr. Strange and a couple other Marvel heroes.)

This is coming really great, I like the ideas for the hyper and throw, although more sprites are needed to create the real flow of movement.

Actually the throw animation is quite sprited out (18-19 sprites just for 1 full wing motion.) What it is, is the source code I used from Phantom.Of.The.Server that has ArchAngel deliver to slam too early, and I didn't want to speed up the anims to compensate for it. I'll be re-coding off of his source to allow more time before the slam Statedef takes effect. Once I have that bagged, I can work on an extended version for a 2nd Hyper.

Quote from: yosifun link=topic=17995.msg221376#msg221376
I can suggest another classic move in which Angel goes to the top of the screen (still visible) and flaps his wings hard and thus the opponent will be thrown to the edge of the screen/stage (if not defending) - the effect is the same as Rouge's and Colossus's hard punch.

Another idea I would suggest (similar to what some already suggested) is an hyper in which Apocalypse shows and "power up"  >:( Angel to the Archangel form, than it will go into rage and fly all over the screen, hitting the opponent the same way Spiderman does in his hyper. It would be nice if one "dark" hyper features Archangel's pink/blue suit and another one features the black/gray suit.

and to add to the apocalypse thing the other guy was talking about i say at the end of the hyper ave him fall out and collapse sort in a crouching dizzy animation resembling rock howard's win pose from cvs2 (where he falls to the ground holding is hand because he cant control his power) and then he could revert back to his normal form after he recovers. during the time that the hyper is missed you could just have him enter the dizzy state thus making it counter attack bait. question is what would he do for a rage move???? unblockable grab or an attack. if its a grab then my add-on to the other guys idea might work but if its an attack i guess after you block the rage he can enter the dizzy state then

Neat suggestion. It will definently be incorporated once i have the right sprites available.

-"aPoC."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:36:34 PM by aPoCaLyPsE »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 12:35:06 PM »
an in air dodge behind the opponent would be cool to add to his in air mobility and speed kind of like devil jin in tekken 5 where he flies into the air then goes to the other side with the press of the d pad. gosh i make so many other game references lol. difference is with his of course he should be invincible the duration of the dodge making it safe to use at just about all times. to balance that out you could make it so it doesnt go tooooo far but u could make it so that with correct timing you can avoid such hypers as the sakura shinkuu hadouken. hmm with that you could even make it so that you can extend your aerial rave but dodging behind the opponent (meaning the move gives u slight elevation but not much) be able get in 3 or 4 more hits and add the wing hyper. imo if u make it too easy to use automatically then that makes it a for sure easy to damage combo so i suggest making it a unique button sequence like half circle lp+lk (heck idk its watever you want it to be)

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
Did you say Mr. Sinister and Dr. Strange?

*faints*
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
Did you say Mr. Sinister and Dr. Strange?

*faints*
I noticed it too!! =P~

Actually the throw animation is quite sprited out (18-19 sprites just for 1 full wing motion.) What it is, is the source code I used from Phantom.Of.The.Server that has ArchAngel deliver to slam too early, and I didn't want to speed up the anims to compensate for it. I'll be re-coding off of his source to allow more time before the slam Statedef takes effect. Once I have that bagged, I can work on an extended version for a 2nd Hyper.

What I meant was that the throw doesn't look that realistic to me. When he grabs the opponent and flies upward, the only thing moving is the wings. When he is throwing the opponent down to the ground, it looks like he is throwing the opponent and just "hovers" downward to the ground. I thing that adding more sprites there should do the trick and make this move look more realistic.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 [2] 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal