collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 134822 times)

Offline CoopTMA

• Rembrandt "The Crying Man" Brown
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2018, 04:21:38 AM
  • Cry like a man!
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #525 on: April 05, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
any update on this game?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #526 on: April 07, 2015, 03:15:06 AM »
Nothing that i felt warranted any special attention really, but since you asked.

Akuma is ready

Q is ready.

Rolento has an added air move called Patriot Spinner which is a forward lunging multi hit attack a different take on the pogo stick,  it's down and medium kick and can hit opponents and bounce off the ground forward or backward or neutral depending on which way you hold it.  Stinger now is a 3 knife throw they don't spread as much but are easier to connect with.

Michelle Heart has been added and modified a bit.  Her fire shot can shoot up to 9 times if you tap the punch button repeatedly.  the angles have been reduced to 25 degrees.  Twin lasers are now longer and have delayed start up times depending on the strength used.

3 way shot remains unchanged.  War Dives have had their speeds increased

Morrigan's ground dash now lifts her into the air a la darkstalkers games.  it is still a very fast moving dash unlike TVC or MVC3.

Lilith is now functional as an alternate character to morrigan through the command down down 3 kicks at the cost of 1 super bar or by selecting her during the assist type select screen.

most of her special moves remain intact.

2 of her super moves are different now. 

Her own take on the brilliant shower super.  You can move lilith up or down during this super.

her other super is Radiant Blade

All characters have had improved mechanics to assisting partners that no longer cause any turn around.  all characters now have 3 assist types each one having a different attack.  currently variable combinations are standard but will later change depending on the assist type.

I am currently working on Fiona Belli and Batsu as the next new comers.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #527 on: April 07, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
As for me, all my sprites for Chris have been erased due to a computer-format (its a long story) but have no fear, I didn't have much finished anyway. They should be easy to replicate, since I also vastly improved my CvS spriting skills, they're gonna look MUCH better. I've been M.I.A from the whole fullgame projects thing due to both the formatting and my health, but I plan on restoring all my lost progress sooner or later.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:Today at 07:31:22 AM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #528 on: April 07, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Akuma is ready

Q is ready.
^This! Since Sodom won't be in 3.0, i will replace my fav Sodom to Q at this point. I had a feeling that would happen. XD

I am currently working on Fiona Belli and Batsu as the next new comers.
^This! At this rate, Batsu should provide challengeable than in 2.5 demo, so that i can know how to beat him.

Since Lilith will be a character swap for Morrigan, i guess you could say it's easy to put swapping character during the fight, not the palette swap. Excuse me if i'm making fun of your progress, Beximus. XD
Also, didn't expect for Michelle Heart to be in this project, since i'm not much of a fan of that character, but it is what it is.

All characters have had improved mechanics to assisting partners that no longer cause any turn around. All characters now have 3 assist types each one having a different attack. Currently variable combinations are standard but will later change depending on the assist type.
Excellent. I have been expecting that to happen. Since i'm not used to those 3 assist types, i will try them when it comes out.

As for me, all my sprites for Chris have been erased due to a computer-format (its a long story) but have no fear, I didn't have much finished anyway. They should be easy to replicate, since I also vastly improved my CvS spriting skills, they're gonna look MUCH better. I've been M.I.A from the whole fullgame projects thing due to both the formatting and my health, but I plan on restoring all my lost progress sooner or later.

At least you have managed it somehow. Not trying to make fun of your progress, cause that would be stupid of me of saying that, but you should improvise it more than you can expect. However, that's gonna take even longer than i know of, but i suppose you will get through with it.

That's gonna wrap things up for me to say anything about this progress. It's only 2 short months away of demo 3.0 to come out, and i can definitely expect Q to come in and get the hang of it. As for others... Well, Cody will be the definitive one that i will get use to it, but that's all that i'm gonna say about it. I feel that it's going to be taking much longer to figure out if there's any bugs in 3.0, but then again, we will see about it. I hope you will make things better for that, Beximus. :)  :thumbsup:

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: April 07, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »

I know is a early/beta show progress, but I suggest to use the same Afterimage style of regular game with the purplish clolor XD. It's a bit strange this style, don't get me wrong ^^

And I'm curious about Q. I feel he will gain a very unique style... Very different from my VS Style version and very better. I hope to see soon him on video with at least one new stage [If they are ready xD ]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:44:21 PM by imperador »

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #530 on: April 07, 2015, 03:23:05 PM »
very very good  =D>

Offline CoopTMA

• Rembrandt "The Crying Man" Brown
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2018, 04:21:38 AM
  • Cry like a man!
« Reply #531 on: April 07, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »
 :w00t: and I say I'll be very patient while you guys work. amazing progress  :w00t:

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #532 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »
Demo 3 is taking a lot longer to finish than i had wanted it to.  I'm going to do a partial release of Demo 3.  With some content first, and the full intended demo later.

What i have planned for the first part of demo 3 is the new training room, baroque, red life, assist types, 10 characters: R.Mika, Haggar, Batsu, Gouki, Michelle Heart, Devilotte, Felicia, Q, Cody, Tiffany

Morrigan will be updated with Lilith.  More moves for rolento.

The second part of Demo 3 will have: 5 new stages, Zero, C.viper, Fiona, Pure,Ryu, and shoulder length Ken.

I ask that people be patient since it could take a little while before i release the first half of the demo.  I'll be submitting it for bug testing first sometime next week.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #533 on: May 21, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
What do you mean by shoulder-length ken? are replacing the SFA Ken in your game with his design from every other game?

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »
We know this is not a easy task, Beximus. Now i see that Demo 3 is taking longer as i had that in my mind. But what you mean by 'partial release of Demo 3' and a shoulder length Ken?

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2015, 04:33:07 PM »
What do you mean by shoulder-length ken? are replacing the SFA Ken in your game with his design from every other game?

I believe he are talking about the short-haired Ken.

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2015, 04:36:29 PM »

From CVS2. I get it. Also Bexi, never give up on what you're doing. No matter how long we wait for this. Even it will be in parts, i'm still look forward.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2015, 05:22:39 PM »

as I said. his design from every other game.

I asked is he replacing Ken with that one, or if there will be two kens.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »
im giving alpha ken a haircut.  Modifying sprites.  Kinda like how puzzle fighter ken had long hair but pocket fighter ken had shorter hair.

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #539 on: May 21, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Good to see that you're still at it. Was going to message you soon to see how things were going with ya and all that but then you popped up here ha!

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2015, 06:37:17 PM »
im giving alpha ken a haircut.  Modifying sprites.  Kinda like how puzzle fighter ken had long hair but pocket fighter ken had shorter hair.

Alright. Cool.

So Ryu will Have his MVC1 look then? with the red Headband?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
Good to see that you're still at it. Was going to message you soon to see how things were going with ya and all that but then you popped up here ha!

oh i won't stop till this game is finished.  I just move slowly at times.  the biggest time eater is creating visual effects and creating code for new features.  I dont think i have any new features going into the game after this though.

Alright. Cool.

So Ryu will Have his MVC1 look then? with the red Headband?

Absolutely! I always liked how he looked in MVC1

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #542 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »
@Beximus
Originally, you said that you will release Demo 3 in the summer at the end of June (or maybe i'm incorrect, since i tend to forget of what you've told me. XD), though i have no idea if you're actually intending to move the date of what you're currently doing right now, but partial release is fine by me. To test-and-check if there's a bug in the 1st Demo 3 so that i can report it to Bugs & Reports thread of yours if there's any kind of bugs that may end up having a problems, especially some cosmetic things as i have told you for quite sometime ago, and perhaps others will report the bugs as well. But i'm sure you're gonna get the hang of it. I suppose the wait is worth for me, since i tend to be busy at times, waiting for the days to come out fast. :D

Since my fav char Sodom will not be in the Demo 3, i will instead play my fav char Q and Cody at this point when you release the 1st Demo 3.
P.S.: Is there any update about Hayato's sprites, since the last time that i've asked you that there's a dots on him?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #543 on: May 21, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »
hayatos sprites havent been changed yet, it's a low priority but im changing the sword effects aswell as fixing the dots.

I have traweezie helping me spot bugs and giving me input so i think part 1 of demo 3 will be a lot more solid than demo 2.5

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #544 on: May 21, 2015, 07:30:19 PM »
hayatos sprites havent been changed yet, it's a low priority but im changing the sword effects aswell as fixing the dots.

I have traweezie helping me spot bugs and giving me input so i think part 1 of demo 3 will be a lot more solid than demo 2.5

That's good to hear. :)

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #545 on: June 08, 2015, 08:02:29 AM »
Apologies of double posting my post and bumping in this thread.
I'll be submitting it for bug testing first sometime next week.

I'm not the kind of person to remind something about the date (28th of May for bug-test) of 1st part of Demo 3 release that we were supposed to have a bug-testing that we would be able to know what is causing and all that. Was it intentional that you're still working on it and miss the date that we need to have a bug-test, because you needed to work more on that project? Apologies if i came off rude person. Thank you.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #546 on: June 08, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
Actually I have given it to a team of bug testers.  After having seen their videos and interacted with them i trust them to be familiar with how marvel vs capcom games work.  and how characters should work.  It will take some time to stamp out the bugs.  It takes longer than i'd like it to for me to have things ready but i want to avoid burning out on the project.

It will take time for the bug testing to be completed.

To answer your question though, Yeah i need some more time.

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: June 08, 2015, 04:50:37 PM »
EDIT: Suggestion on the right topic, sorry for the mistake XD
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 09:18:45 PM by imperador »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #548 on: June 09, 2015, 01:22:41 AM »
I'm Currently workin on a 2 on 1 training mode.  The regular training mode doesn't work anymore.  i see it as an opportunity to code a new one so you can practice with 2 characters instead of 1.

I'm exploring my options in turning coop modes into training modes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:34:37 AM by Beximus »

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: June 09, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »
I'm Currently workin on a 2 on 1 training mode.  The regular training mode doesn't work anymore.  i see it as an opportunity to code a new one so you can practice with 2 characters instead of 1.

I'm exploring my options in turning coop modes into training modes.

Yeah, the coop mode will be very useful. And why you don't use also the survival or watch modes? Should be a nice replacement, since you probably won't use that modes.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal