collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 135005 times)

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #400 on: December 07, 2014, 06:18:14 PM »
My my~ She does look quite fantastic! Everything looks so smooth, though I do have to kinda question the standing stance too with the open mouth.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »
I wanted to pay homage to her puzzle fighter stance.  So i asked Li-kun draw her that way.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
Ahhh right. I forgot that she's in that game.

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: December 07, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
I wanted to pay homage to her puzzle fighter stance.  So i asked Li-kun draw her that way.

Awesome! :)

I know it's a bit rude from my part for asking this[I hope not, If I did, sorry D: ]but... Devilotte will be released separately AFTER game is complete or during the completion of fullgame[Like Pure/Fur and Michelle Heart] or she will be exclusive to only the fullgame?

If she is released, I hope you don't mind If I make a special intro dialogue between her and two specific characters[One is Metal Sonic, who I'm converting to VS Style and other is secret for now]

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline silenthillfan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 11:07:16 AM
    • Email
« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2014, 03:48:24 AM »
Awesome! :)

I know it's a bit rude from my part for asking this[I hope not, If I did, sorry D: ]but... Devilotte will be released separately AFTER game is complete or during the completion of fullgame[Like Pure/Fur and Michelle Heart] or she will be exclusive to only the fullgame?

If she is released, I hope you don't mind If I make a special intro dialogue between her and two specific characters[One is Metal Sonic, who I'm converting to VS Style and other is secret for now]

from what I heard of mugen lord, she will be available in the game only. but beximus told someone that he can make devilote for a separately download for all mugen versions. but if you look at li kun's screenshots, she's at a regular mugen than in the full game. so it makes sense that li kun has already devilote for a regular mugen. but it's unknown how coded her for regular mugen. only time will tell or version 3 will come out after. but it will take a while, as beximus told us.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
Honestly, no.  I won't be releasing her publicly.  She's exclusive to the game.   I gave li kun a stripped down version of devilotte that would work with his mugen and he could show off her sprites.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
I wonder what you mean by stripped down. I'm assuming all of the mechanics that would otherwise be exclusive to the game she won't have, correct?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2014, 11:37:37 PM »
Right it was a bare bones incomplete version of devilotte. It was just something i gave him so he could see how she looked in motion.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2014, 11:45:17 PM »
Ah, well that's nothing bad then. Can easily mold that into something if he really wants to (which I hope he does~).

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: December 08, 2014, 11:49:17 PM »
Ah, well that's nothing bad then. Can easily mold that into something if he really wants to (which I hope he does~).

Sadly he will not allow this. Devilotte will only exists on Capcom Universe fullgame[I confirmed with him]. The only way to play with Devilotte is or in fullgame or with Mazemerald one for open mugen. [Or someone sprites her also but with different style]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:55:13 PM by imperador »

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline silenthillfan

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2014, 01:44:33 AM »
great, just great...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 06:31:14 AM by silenthillfan »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: December 09, 2014, 01:56:43 AM »
Sadly he will not allow this. Devilotte will only exists on Capcom Universe fullgame[I confirmed with him]. The only way to play with Devilotte is or in fullgame or with Mazemerald one for open mugen. [Or someone sprites her also but with different style]

Yes this is true,  as i said when you asked me for her sprites.  I have spent a lot of my own money and will be spending a lot more to make this game happen, so you'll have to forgive me if i feel some desire to keep her exclusive to my game.

Offline silenthillfan

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #412 on: December 09, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »
Yes this is true,  as i said when you asked me for her sprites.  I have spent a lot of my own money and will be spending a lot more to make this game happen, so you'll have to forgive me if i feel some desire to keep her exclusive to my game.

hey no pro, bex. you desire it. I'll play her in the full game only.
so does that mean it's also private and it will be not a open source sprites available later?

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #413 on: December 09, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
Sharing her sprites would defeat the purpose of her being exclusive to his game, so I would assume he wouldn't be sharing those sprites.
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline silenthillfan

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #414 on: December 09, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
Sharing her sprites would defeat the purpose of her being exclusive to his game, so I would assume he wouldn't be sharing those sprites.

i knew that, but I was wondering if he can release it into the future.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #415 on: December 09, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »
After the game is completed I'll reconsider.  I don't want to hold onto them forever. 

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:Today at 07:31:22 AM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #416 on: December 09, 2014, 03:16:20 PM »
Allright, since i read your project about this full game, consider me that i'll definitely support your project from this point on. Keep doing what you're doing, Beximus, but don't give up on that project. I've always dreamed of what it should've been done when Capcom didn't even think about that. Years could take much longer, but i won't be giving up on that project.

Thank you, Beximus.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #417 on: December 10, 2014, 03:42:34 PM »
Allright, since i read your project about this full game, consider me that i'll definitely support your project from this point on. Keep doing what you're doing, Beximus, but don't give up on that project. I've always dreamed of what it should've been done when Capcom didn't even think about that. Years could take much longer, but i won't be giving up on that project.

Thank you, Beximus.

Thank you for your support.  I will see this project finished.  I absolutely will not give up on this game.

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 06:23:52 PM
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
Man what a story. So Mrs. Devil will be in the full game only. I truly understand your feeling and Li kun's work. But i do think this is for the best, if i may say this. Too bad for the fans on this. But as i always say this, crap happens.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
Man what a story. So Mrs. Devil will be in the full game only. I truly understand your feeling and Li kun's work. But i do think this is for the best, if i may say this. Too bad for the fans on this. But as i always say this, crap happens.

It's not forever though, once the project is finished and im ready to move onto my next project.  I'll be making the resources open for people to use.

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 15, 2018, 01:54:06 PM
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
Hey bex I know you were trying to make your game work more like marvel 2. I came across this vid that explain some of the mechanics within the game:

Not sure how useful it'll be for you or if you wanted your game to be this way so I thought I'd just throw this out there
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:31:00 PM by Rage »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
that was very insightful.  I knew there were still mechanics to MVC2 that i still wasn't aware of. 

I think i'll be applying the air dash mechanics, if i haven't already.  I know some of my characters reset their air abilities upon jumping again.  I think i'll make it that way for all characters.  I'm going to make sure that my high and low blocking is as close to MVC2's as i can make it.  Thank you for the video traweezie

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #422 on: December 21, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
Princess Devilotte has reached a point where i can show off her abilities.

Princess Devilotte is meant to be a zoning character. almost all of her special attacks rely on Jigoku Taishi and Dr. Stein. She doesn't do very well up close and is definitely not a rush down character. She can summon both Jigoku and Stein at the same time but can not summon stein again until the mini super 8 is gone. If stein or jigoku get injured you won't be able to summon them again for a short period of time.

Devilotte took a long time to create because of all the custom special effects needed for her as well as figuring out exactly how she would play. I hope that in the end Li-kun and I have created a fun character that people will enjoy using.

Youtube kinda destroys the quality of the video and reduces the frame rates.  If you want to see the full quality original video it can be seen here.

Congrats  :o  =P~

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #423 on: January 08, 2015, 06:38:47 AM »
I gotta say, it's been too long since I checked in on this project. Glad to see Devilotte is going smooth, and am especially hyped to see your bosses. I love a good boss at the end of a fighting game :)

I do have one slight request/suggestion, though I understand this is just a personal preference kinda thing, but I'd suggest making Nemesis and Medusa hidden characters (or as hidden as mugen allows.) I'm the sort that kinda likes bosses to be non-playable in general (I think it makes 'em more, I dunno, not special, but definately more like bosses) and if they're playable I prefer them hidden.

That said, I'm not gonna go all  >:( if you don't. SFA3 is one of my favorite games of all time, and it has a standard playable M.Bison and a souped up Boss M.Bison, which is what it sounds like you're doing, so that'll be cool, too.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #424 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:58 PM »
I want to do something like that actually.  I'm going to try something similar to the old akuma code in SSF2X and XmenCOTA.  Using a series of directional commands to find the playable boss characters.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal