collapse

Author Topic: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
Re: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:11 AM »

Seriously this movie is way better then any of the X-Men movies. In the first X-Men movie, Wolverine was joining the X-Men and I thought that was horrible right there because in the first issue of X-Men, Wolverine was already a part of the X-Men, and everything was just arranged, the same thing with the Spiderman films, Spidey gets with MJ instead of Gwen Stacey, then in the 3rd they introduce Gwen.

Tell me, my good sir: In this first issue of X-Men you speak of... who were the members of the team, in addition to Wolverine? You're plainly an authority on the subject. You speak with great confidence. I would like to learn more about this issue.

I ask primarily because it's plain I've been labouring under certain misconceptions for some time now; my belief has for years now been that the first issue of X-Men, published in 1963, featured Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel and Marvel Girl. My belief has furthermore been that Wolverine didn't join until almost a hundred issues later, in the special 'Giant Sized X-Men #1'. Indeed, I've even read comics which were putatively reprints of the issues in question, but it's plain now, given what you're saying now, that those comics I read were cleverly-devised forgeries.

Tell me about X-Men #1. I am eager to be educated by an authority on the subject such as yourself.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:58:56 AM »
Nah, all the X-Men movies and Spiderman movies were actually some of the worst movies ever.
You want movies that stick to the comics?
Batman Begins stays very true to most of the source material, and so did the Punisher. Transformers imo crushed the spiderman films and the xmen films with no sweat. There was a fantastic four movie back in the 90's that was never publicly released in theaters due to lousy quality of the effects, but it stayed way more true to it's source then the newer films.
The xmen movies and spiderman movies have good effects, but that's it.  The transformers had awesome effects, peter cullen,  the old transform sound. I honestly expected Transformers to be more like Transmorphers(Transmorphers one of the worst movies ever)
With how the directors of the newer marvel movies are since they can barely stay true to the source material, if they were to direct Transformers it would be just awful. I could just imagine. Everyone but Megatron on the evil forces would die. It would just be too horrible for words.
I'm sorry but most of the marvel movies are epic failures (except the punisher).
I remember when I saw Spiderman 3 the first time, I defended it when people were flaming it, when I saw it the second time, I was flaming it, as well as the rest of the spiderman film series.

So you're saying that these movies(X-men Spider-man) sucked just because they didn't stick to the original source? Curious, how would you go about making these films? I applaud them for even making them into film adaptations. Sure most, almost all, of the original details were left out, or redone completely. But making them true to the comics would have taken them much longer, and made some things confusing. Yes, they could of made things the same way, Gwen being Peters first gf, etc. But why include her if shes gunna die anyway. Shes not really a significant character, other than the the fact that she was Pete's first gf. Transformers were okay, but everything happened to quickly for newer audiences being introduced to the series....but hey, their robots.

If I were to make it, I wouldn't rape half of the characters like they did. Rogue would be a full grown woman instead of a teenager, Wolverine would already be a part of the X-Men, Lady Deathstrike would be a cyborg instead of a female wolverine. In Xmen 3 I would have introduced Mr. Sinister, Also I wouldn't have killed off Sabertooth or Deathstrike.
Another problem with the X-Men films is they pretty much lose originality after the first film.
The first film is about preventing Magneto turning all humans into mutants
The second is about preventing the one guy from killing all mutants, and then preventing Magneto from killing all humans
The third is about humans forcing mutants to turn into humans which pretty much was just an altered story of the first film.
They made Phoenix as if she was always a part of Jean instead of a Godly being.

As for Spiderman, basically yeah, I would have killed her off in the first movie. Why would it happen in the movie? Well why did it happen in the comics? The second Spiderman movie, I wouldn't have killed Doc Ock, Instead I would have him go into a coma and be kept in some type of area 41 security while he's in a coma just to bring him back in another movie. The whole Venom thing, I would have done it probably the same way as in the 3rd movie because it would be just too hard to work around the Secret wars. Although I wouldn't make it so that it's basically black paint over his outfit. That was just awful, and made me want to beat the director to a bloody pulp. I would have gotten a body builder to play as Eddie Brock instead, and make Venom more muscular, and of course say the famous "We are Venom" line. The first movie I would make it kind of like a love triangle between Gwen and MJ, then kill Gwen and in the second film have MJ try to make Pete get over his loss, the third they would have been dating for some time and at the end Pete would get married. As for Harry dying, I wouldn't have made him die, I would have him instead save Pete and MJ, and Spidey and New Goblin would go off to fight Venom only for him to escape while near death.  Also instead of the New Goblin design, I would have made him wear the GG outfit from the first film just to make Pete confused. At the end of the movie I would have Pete and MJ get married.

I think Marvel should have handled the Xmen license and Spiderman license like they're going to with Iron Man. I think giving Sam Raimi the rights to make a Spiderman movie was a mistake because he mostly directs B movies, he wasn't ready to handle something as huge as a comic film. Raimi should just stick to making Evil Dead series.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 07:36:41 AM »
did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film

YES! the story to the movie was completely trashed and nothing even close to the original or even anything recent.

>:-(-|
TRANSFORMERS animated = FAiL

Gotta Luv the Classics

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:42:26 AM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 08:38:34 AM »
the movie ruled what more could you ask for if want the original series then watch that its not the same and wasnt supposed to be i think its better

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
Nope that movie was great. I can understand if ur a mega huge Transformers fan u had expectations, but me thinking it was gonna be a nerd/kids movie I came out talking about it like a nerd/child :D

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
i thought the movie was really good, i liked it, except for the fact they killed Megatron. That was uber gay \-/o

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 09:25:58 PM »
i thought the movie was really good, i liked it, except for the fact they killed Megatron. That was uber gay \-/o
there gonna bring megatron back in TRANSFORMERS 2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/synopsis i don't know if it's the real info.
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
there gonna bring megatron back in TRANSFORMERS 2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055369/synopsis i don't know if it's the real info.

Correction: Galvatron.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 02:37:13 AM »

wow thats pretty sick, i knew that they never really showed the death of 3 decepticons in the movie: Barricade, Skorpinok and Starscream. Hopefullythat info is true :w00t:

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »

From what I know it's going to be Megatron. What's going to happen is Scoponok is going to give Megatron his spark.
Galvatron was basically a complete rebirth given to Megatron so he could work for Unicron.
I doubt that Unicron will be in the next film, I'm hoping Tidal Wave will be though. TW was always one of my favorite Decepticons.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:05:40 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »
I thought the movie was good but they shouldnt have turned the t/fomer into what resembles mechs/ mobile robots/

\-/o

Now the first film had thing that didnt belong in the film by they could be looked but what is this >:(

In the transformer world they cant pass on there sparks to another. once a spark dies that robot is dead. there r ways to revive them afterward but not by give ones spark.

The only way this will work scorp is not did cuz u can spare sparks but only if the original robot survives the process.

<_<|...|

Beast wars doesn't count against this dinobot was cuz a mutation. Sparks can mutate. Starscream lives forever cuz a mutation

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »
Quote from: Theendgamelv3
You guys have to understand that they HAVE to re-write things for a mainstream audience. Who is Peter Parker more identified with, Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy? He is MORE identified with Mary Jane (and this was before ANY of the movies came out), hence was Mary Jane was introduced earlier than Gwen Stacy. I watched Hellboy (which I heard sticked pretty close to the source material) and I sat there going wtf is going on cause you NEEDED to know alittle bit about Hellboy before watching the film. If most of the audience is going "wtf" in a comic book movie, to me that is a bad sign. I am not saying Hellboy was a bad movie, but I couldn't completely enjoy it cause you needed to know some about it.

To me it ISN'T about sticking to the source material, but trying to sticking to the spirit of the characters. I mean the movies aren't canon and never will be. Spiderman and X-Men as movies WERE entertaining and for the most part, kept the spirit of their comic book versions, even though they weren't that accurate. It wasn't like Peter Parker was some cool who all of the sudden got powers or Wolverine became a huge muscle bound Aussie who loves to drink and party. The movies for the most part respected where the source material came from while adding its own twist, kinda like how comic book industry does with the characters in non-canon stories, with "What if" stories. Of course if you compare it to the original source it will not stack up. Transformers is the same thing, you put it next to the show, it will have big inconsistencies, but that isn't the point. If I want the original stuff, I watch the original show or read the comic, I wanna see other peoples' vision of these characters. If it is good it is good, if it is bad, it is bad, I try not to compare to the original stuff too much, unless it is VERY bad oversight like if Batman wore pink or something or if Cyclops was asian.

QFT!

Lord of the Rings for example, my all time favorite movie trilogy. It could have not been 100% accurate to the books, it just can't be done for a movie. If Jackson included everything, the first film would have been over 5-6 hours long. The moves were still amazing films, and ranked one of, if not the best movie trilogy to be filmed. Just because something was changed from the original source, doesn't mean it can't be a good movie.

Anyways, I loved the Spider-Man movies, and so did most of the world of comic fans. Yeah, they weren't 100% accurate but it was pretty close compared to the other comic movies and that's all that matters. To say the movies were horrible like it's fact is just rediculous. They were well scripted, written, and directed.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

From what I know it's going to be Megatron. What's going to happen is Scoponok is going to give Megatron his spark.
Galvatron was basically a complete rebirth given to Megatron so he could work for Unicron.
I doubt that Unicron will be in the next film, I'm hoping Tidal Wave will be though. TW was always one of my favorite Decepticons.

You have to remember though, this is Hollywood. (where anything can happen)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »
I thought the movie was good but they shouldnt have turned the t/fomer into what resembles mechs/ mobile robots/

If you think about it, they kind of always did resemble mechs/mobile robots.
Gundam carries a few similarities to the original Optimus design.

No mouth and what looks like antenna's on the head.

In the new anime series, Optimus is shown as what looks like a megazord (and Megazord is indeed a mech which also has no mouth)

Beast Wars was a huge success in my generation (about 10 and 11 year olds in the 90's)
and is what I'm guessing Michael Bay based the whole Optimus with a mouth.

As far as the Scorponok thing, that's what I heard. They could also say in the second film that when the allspark destroyed it, the allspark just mutated Megatrons spark into some type of spiritual spark or something. I mean given the fact that the allspark gives anything electronic life, I could definitely see more possibilities from such power. They could also use another reference, like he was brought back to life by angolmois energy (it was in one of the Japan only anime's that resurrected Unicron).

Although I don't see Unicron in the 2nd movie, unlikely in a 3rd and possibly in a 4th, but they might bring him in the 3rd anyways to spice up the story line.

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
VKM, that last clip of beast wars brings back so many fond memories, i loved that show. They shoulda used the beast wars megatron for the voice in the movie, Yess

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:41 PM »
VKM, that last clip of beast wars brings back so many fond memories, i loved that show. They shoulda used the beast wars megatron for the voice in the movie, Yess
lol, I used to mimic him all the time when I was a kid.  :D I even have the season 2 and 3 (the transmetals series) figurines of him.
I have the 3rd season settled nicely on my grandfather clock in the living room.  :)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »

If you think about it, they kind of always did resemble mechs/mobile robots.
Gundam carries a few similarities to the original Optimus design.

No mouth and what looks like antenna's on the head.

Ture but the transforms were allways more simplistic. The movie transfore for still in a since original  cuz they are more complex then the tridisonal mobile suits but they look as if they were based on them as a source or starting point for inspiration.

So one could say they took the standard to the next level for what robots should look like.

:'(
But they just dont look original. but hey that dont mean they dont look cool or aint cool in general :)

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
as almost all the members in this thread i agree.
the movie was great, the only michael bay movie he didnt trashed  =D> =D>

and BTW TF animated is poop nuff said  :-??

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

i agree the only animated transformers i liked was problably the one when there were animals.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »
The moves were still amazing films, and ranked one of, if not the best movie trilogy to be filmed.

there was only one return, and it was of the jedi.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 04:32:01 PM »
oh also, where the f**k did barricade end up? it's like they were all on their way to the final battle, he put on the siren, bonecrusher rocked out on that bus, and then he was like "alright, peace" and bounced.

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 05:15:47 PM »
oh also, where the f**k did barricade end up? it's like they were all on their way to the final battle, he put on the siren, bonecrusher rocked out on that bus, and then he was like "alright, peace" and bounced.

Barricade is the more untrusting decepticon and he loves to lie,maybe he just leaved the decepticons to join later the autobots and then in the second movie,backstab them,well its only my thoughs.............

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »
I think Barricade retreated, or maybe Megatron gave him some sort of mission, either way, he's still alive, he'll probably call in more decepticons or something. They can't just have every decepticon in the first movie up and die.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 05:54:46 PM »

ugh I am not watching TF animated.
It looks like Optimus is wearing gloves.  :-&

Offline street_shark

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2009, 01:07:10 PM
  • hello there boys and girls...
    • myspace
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »
alright, theres too many people to quote so ill just make refrences....

transformers the movie was good. it stuck a lot to the original story, had original characters, and talked about the things that related most to cartoon/comics. such as the spark, cybortron, etc.

i agree heavily on what vkm said about comic related movies. you cant make a movie thats based off a comic and change sh*t just to make it mainstream. period. my biggest example of this would probably be, you cant make a Jesus movie and do it to where he was alive (phsyicaly) in the 21st century driving a car and what not just to make it mainstream. it doesnt work. if your going to make a movie based on a comic book, then base it on the comic book. dont just say "oh were basing this movie on a comic book" and all it turns out to be is something totally different. all they did was just steal the name basically. and yes i am talking about movies such as spiderman, xmen, batman begins (vkm this is where i disagreed)

now teros...you stated that you liked the spiderman series and said it was pretty close in accuracy. dude...did you see spiderman 1,2,3?! everything about that series is completley redun. there are VERY seldom moments that were actuallly from either the series or the comic. and the fact that theres so many spiderman comics they couldve based on and didnt, is VERY sad. i mean hell, allllllllllllllllll of spiderman 3 was completely falsified. i could go on and on and on and on about how dispicable that movie (and this series) was but all i have to say to prove my point is spiderman teamed up with the green goblin on a snowboard.

vkm...you stated that batman begins was also greatly related to its source (which to me means comics, cartoons, etc). i say the same thing about that movie as i stated above. and again...i can go on and on and on, but all i got to say is batman had a tank?!!!....yes batman had a tank. last time i remembered, batman had a batmobile, not a bat-tank.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 07:44:49 PM by street_shark »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar