collapse

Author Topic: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »
i like transformers toys and shows which makes me a fan, and i think he did more like f**k up the look of transformers, didn't focus on the transformers which is what the movie is supposed to be about, and that's all he f**ked up.

and a gift

if i missed anything of another reason Michael Bay mess transformers please reply your opinion.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 11:40:55 PM by THE PREDATOR THAT LOVES MUGEN »

Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
Re: did Michael Bay ruined TRANSFORMERS film ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
i actually thought it was a great movie  :|

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
i saw the film and it was pretty good,but the story was about trying to avoid Megatron`s awakening and his using the "core spark"(?? i forgot the exact name  :DxDie) and save earth...besides,IIRC the latest TF anime series had a long of human participation on them,almost as much as autobots or decepticons :-??

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »
He ruined it,  I am not eve a huge Tranformers fan,but man he ruined it.

Michael Bay's films suck,they have no plot development and are all about big budget.
The reason Transformers sucked was because It was a Michael Bay film and it had
Shia LaBeouf in it. I hated Shia LaBeouf roll he was so annoying,the film also had too many unneeded characters.
The kids parents probably had more speaking lines than the robots.And why did he add mouthes to the robots that was so gay.

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline BA$

• Infinity Regular
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
He ruined it.

Michael Bay's films suck,they have no plot development and are all about big budget.
Shia LaBeouf in it. I hated Shia LaBeouf roll he was so annoying,the film also had too many unneeded characters.
The kids parents probably had more speaking lines than the robots.And why did he add mouthes to the robots that was so gay.
i agree to what you say including having the transformers with mouths WTF. \-/o
Thinking.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
No!

Nothing was wrong with the film. Had a nice pace of scenes; funny, action, and it never dragged on. One of my all time favorite movies.

Plus Meagon Fox... was a fox indeed. *yum* What i'd do to get to her :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline BA$

• Infinity Regular
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
i like it as a good action movie but as a transformers movie i was like this http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9536/avp2movie14px7.jpg
Thinking.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
He ruined it,  I am not eve a huge Tranformers fan,but man he ruined it.

I stopped reading after "I am not eve a huge Transformers fan"
If you're not a fan, why would your opinion matter about a Transformers movie? flameshield.

Oh, and you're right about Michael Bay sucking butt.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline eternal

• GFX Capone
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 17, 2009, 11:23:47 AM
  • I Make It Rain
    • My Site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 03:30:06 PM »
No!

Nothing was wrong with the film. Had a nice pace of scenes; funny, action, and it never dragged on. One of my all time favorite movies.

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 03:34:05 PM »
I stopped reading after "I am not eve a huge Transformers fan"
If you're not a fan, why would your opinion matter about a Transformers movie? flameshield.

I'm a fan , just not as huge as some other people,I don't wear transformers shirts like everyday yelling Tranformers PWNS.So I am pretty sure I can share my opinion

No!

Megan Fox was hot,but it didn't save the film.

It's just a matter of opinion so there is really nothing to argue about.I hope no one flames me for saying I thought it was bad.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »
No!

I agree.
Honestly, I was expecting the robots not to talk at all when I saw the teasers and the trailers. I thought it was going to be a complete flop. I like the new robot designs. I think it's a refreshing restart for the series. Everything else seems to fail.
I mean all the new Japanese animes were horrible, like the one where Optimus is a megazord, and the other one with the minicons.
Although it did borrow some ideas from the japanese series, like the designfor optimus was kind of mixed between some of the Japanese and G1, I actually liked how they gave him a mouth because I thought it was completely ridiculous that he could talk without a mouth in the older series.  I also like the humans in the film better then the cartoon, I mean in G1 I was always thinking, what the hell is a little kid doing in the middle of an epic war!?
I was extremely glad that they got the guy who voiced Optimus from the original cartoon to voice him in the movie, I wasn't expecting that at all. I didn't like the voice actor for Star Scream but nothing could be done about that since the original voice actor is deceased.
When I first heard of the movie I thought it was supposed to be like some retarded alien invasion and Optimus and 2 others came to help, instead they actually threw in the allspark. When I went to see the movie I was expecting a hell of a lot less.
Spiderman 3's best cg scene was when the Sandman was formed, Transformers, well everytime a transformer transforms, it completely dwarfs that scene. I was also rather shocked that they used the transform sound. I know the character designs are different from the g1 series, but it was definitely more original and exciting then the typical blocky robots.
I can't wait for the sequel. I'm going to see it the first day it comes out. The huge success got a new cartoon series on cartoon network, but the artwork is so horrible, I'm not even going to watch it. I'll just wait for the next movie.

I think some people are disappointed because of designs and such, but it really really could have been a lot worse.
They didn't have to put the transformer sound when they transformed
They didn't have to have the guy who voiced the original Optimus
Seriously this movie is way better then any of the X-Men movies. In the first X-Men movie, Wolverine was joining the X-Men and I thought that was horrible right there because in the first issue of X-Men, Wolverine was already a part of the X-Men, and everything was just arranged, the same thing with the Spiderman films, Spidey gets with MJ instead of Gwen Stacey, then in the 3rd they introduce Gwen.

This movie just went off a clean slate. It didn't go into some akward timeline, like as if one of the veteran robots was joining the autobots. They didn't skip 50 episodes and make so-and-so join the autobots. It was just straight up, The autobots and decepticons come down to earth, search for the all spark, and have an all out war against eachother. I'm just glad Optimus didn't die in this like 80's animated film.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
ok but think about it if there were transeformers in REAL life dont u think they would look exactly like that

Offline BA$

• Infinity Regular
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »
the same thing with the Spiderman films, Spidey gets with MJ instead of Gwen Stacey, then in the 3rd they introduce Gwen.
Thinking.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
I wouldn't exactly say ruined. Michael Bay did it the way he saw fit, and it worked. The only things he messed up was the fact that Bonecrusher was made up of smaller pieces, and Megatron was just a big gun used by Starscream. But it was ok that he didn't follow that route.Some people liked it, others didn't.
Seriously this movie is way better then any of the X-Men movies. In the first X-Men movie, Wolverine was joining the X-Men and I thought that was horrible right there because in the first issue of X-Men, Wolverine was already a part of the X-Men, and everything was just arranged, the same thing with the Spiderman films, Spidey gets with MJ instead of Gwen Stacey, then in the 3rd they introduce Gwen.

This movie just went off a clean slate. It didn't go into some akward timeline, like as if one of the veteran robots was joining the autobots. They didn't skip 50 episodes and make so-and-so join the autobots. It was just straight up, The autobots and decepticons come down to earth, search for the all spark, and have an all out war against eachother. I'm just glad Optimus didn't die in this like 80's animated film.
Those two movies were done well, better than Transformers, I think. What a lot of people fail to realize is that the movies WILL NEVER BE LIKE THE COMICS. Spider-Man started clean, so did X-men. But, it all comes down to opinions.

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »
He Didnt Ruin it exactly. If you still think that he ruined I Just remember one thing, Just one.

PETER CULLEN, ORIGINAL VOICE OF OPTIMUS!!!   ^:)^

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »
I wouldn't exactly say ruined. Michael Bay did it the way he saw fit, and it worked. The only things he messed up was the fact that Bonecrusher was made up of smaller pieces, and Megatron was just a big gun used by Starscream. But it was ok that he didn't follow that route.Some people liked it, others didn't.

Those two movies were done well, better than Transformers, I think. What a lot of people fail to realize is that the movies WILL NEVER BE LIKE THE COMICS. Spider-Man started clean, so did X-men. But, it all comes down to opinions.
Nah, all the X-Men movies and Spiderman movies were actually some of the worst movies ever.
You want movies that stick to the comics?
Batman Begins stays very true to most of the source material, and so did the Punisher. Transformers imo crushed the spiderman films and the xmen films with no sweat. There was a fantastic four movie back in the 90's that was never publicly released in theaters due to lousy quality of the effects, but it stayed way more true to it's source then the newer films.
The xmen movies and spiderman movies have good effects, but that's it.  The transformers had awesome effects, peter cullen,  the old transform sound. I honestly expected Transformers to be more like Transmorphers
(Transmorphers one of the worst movies ever)
With how the directors of the newer marvel movies are since they can barely stay true to the source material, if they were to direct Transformers it would be just awful. I could just imagine. Everyone but Megatron on the evil forces would die. It would just be too horrible for words.
I'm sorry but most of the marvel movies are epic failures (except the punisher).
I remember when I saw Spiderman 3 the first time, I defended it when people were flaming it, when I saw it the second time, I was flaming it, as well as the rest of the spiderman film series.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »
the only reason marvel movies were like wtf  is becuz marvel didnt make it themselves other ppl made them

iron man is going to be the first marvel made movie it it seems its sticking to the story

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 09:07:29 PM »
i like transformers toys and shows which makes me a fan, and i think he did more like f**k up the look of transformers, didn't focus on the transformers which is what the movie is supposed to be about, and that's all he f**ked up.

if i missed anything of another reason Michael Bay mess transformers please reply your opinion.

I've been a Transformers fan for as long as Transformers has existed; I watched season 1 of Generation 1 when it came out in the 1980s, and I'm always delighted by call-backs to earlier series. I say this neither to brag nor to gloat, but simply to convey that where Transformers is concerned, I have an informed opinion as to what I like.

This having been said, it was a fun movie. It was a lot of fun. Realistically, I know better than to expect, demand, or even WANT more than that. It was a fun move. A great ride. It was a valid approach to the subject matter, with enough reverence to the source material to be satisfying without needing to handcuff themselves to the old cartoons.

And, I mean, I hated Armageddon. Hated it. I'm no Michael Bay apologist, so when I praise his work, it's no small thing.

Offline god_king

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 26, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
    • Dave Littler's New Deal
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »
the only reason marvel movies were like wtf  is becuz marvel didnt make it themselves other ppl made them

iron man is going to be the first marvel made movie it it seems its sticking to the story

I do agree with you here. I really look forwards to seeing how close they can keep to the source material and still make it a good two hour movie. It's a delicate balancing act for any film-maker, but the trailers and such we've seen thus far make me very optimistic.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »
Nah, all the X-Men movies and Spiderman movies were actually some of the worst movies ever.
You want movies that stick to the comics?
Batman Begins stays very true to most of the source material, and so did the Punisher. Transformers imo crushed the spiderman films and the xmen films with no sweat. There was a fantastic four movie back in the 90's that was never publicly released in theaters due to lousy quality of the effects, but it stayed way more true to it's source then the newer films.
The xmen movies and spiderman movies have good effects, but that's it.  The transformers had awesome effects, peter cullen,  the old transform sound. I honestly expected Transformers to be more like Transmorphers(Transmorphers one of the worst movies ever)
With how the directors of the newer marvel movies are since they can barely stay true to the source material, if they were to direct Transformers it would be just awful. I could just imagine. Everyone but Megatron on the evil forces would die. It would just be too horrible for words.
I'm sorry but most of the marvel movies are epic failures (except the punisher).
I remember when I saw Spiderman 3 the first time, I defended it when people were flaming it, when I saw it the second time, I was flaming it, as well as the rest of the spiderman film series.

So you're saying that these movies(X-men Spider-man) sucked just because they didn't stick to the original source? Curious, how would you go about making these films? I applaud them for even making them into film adaptations. Sure most, almost all, of the original details were left out, or redone completely. But making them true to the comics would have taken them much longer, and made some things confusing. Yes, they could of made things the same way, Gwen being Peters first gf, etc. But why include her if shes gunna die anyway. Shes not really a significant character, other than the the fact that she was Pete's first gf. Transformers were okay, but everything happened to quickly for newer audiences being introduced to the series....but hey, their robots.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »
in general super hero movies are predictable and bad.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:14 PM »
dunno if if fits as super hero(doesn`t have powers) but Batman Begins was not predictable neither bad

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
You guys have to understand that they HAVE to re-write things for a mainstream audience. Who is Peter Parker more identified with, Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy? He is MORE identified with Mary Jane (and this was before ANY of the movies came out), hence was Mary Jane was introduced earlier than Gwen Stacy. I watched Hellboy (which I heard sticked pretty close to the source material) and I sat there going wtf is going on cause you NEEDED to know alittle bit about Hellboy before watching the film. If most of the audience is going "wtf" in a comic book movie, to me that is a bad sign. I am not saying Hellboy was a bad movie, but I couldn't completely enjoy it cause you needed to know some about it.

To me it ISN'T about sticking to the source material, but trying to sticking to the spirit of the characters. I mean the movies aren't canon and never will be. Spiderman and X-Men as movies WERE entertaining and for the most part, kept the spirit of their comic book versions, even though they weren't that accurate. It wasn't like Peter Parker was some cool who all of the sudden got powers or Wolverine became a huge muscle bound Aussie who loves to drink and party. The movies for the most part respected where the source material came from while adding its own twist, kinda like how comic book industry does with the characters in non-canon stories, with "What if" stories. Of course if you compare it to the original source it will not stack up. Transformers is the same thing, you put it next to the show, it will have big inconsistencies, but that isn't the point. If I want the original stuff, I watch the original show or read the comic, I wanna see other peoples' vision of these characters. If it is good it is good, if it is bad, it is bad, I try not to compare to the original stuff too much, unless it is VERY bad oversight like if Batman wore pink or something or if Cyclops was asian.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:08:39 PM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »
^^ I completely agree, I as a fan and reader of the source materials, tossed everything of the origianls out the window. Sure not everything was satisfying, and I enjoyed them for what they were. Different interpretations of the originals.

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 10:07:56 PM »
Seriously this movie is way better then any of the X-Men movies. In the first X-Men movie, Wolverine was joining the X-Men and I thought that was horrible right there because in the first issue of X-Men, Wolverine was already a part of the X-Men, and everything was just arranged,

In the first issue, Wolverine was not part of the X-Men. You clearly don't know sh*t about the X-Men.

Wolverine's first appearance was in Hulk issue 180,and ''NO'' Transformers was not a better movie than the X-Men films,or the Spiderman Films.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:46:48 PM by cyclysm »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar