collapse

Author Topic: soul calibour 3  (Read 1503 times)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
Re: soul calibour 3
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
Soul Calibur 3 wasn't that good of a game and was way too unbalanced.
Thats why I like it.  The unbalance makes it challenging( or fun if ur me)
i like it cause theres so many more chars than #2  :w00t:
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 10:50:48 AM »

and the chance to create your own character,and the nice tactical/rpg system

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »

....ditto. I liked SC3, and I'll never let another friend borrow a game of this standing ever again, THEY KILLED MY SOUL CALIBUR 3!  \-/o But Siegfried is my all-time favorite character, but I also like Taki, Cervantes, and Raphael. GOD, thanks guys, now I'm gonna have to go and get another copy. A good Cassandra player =  ~X( for Siegfried...I hate her and her sister!

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »

....ditto. I liked SC3, and I'll never let another friend borrow a game of this standing ever again, THEY KILLED MY SOUL CALIBUR 3!  \-/o But Siegfried is my all-time favorite character, but I also like Taki, Cervantes, and Raphael. GOD, thanks guys, now I'm gonna have to go and get another copy. A good Cassandra player =  ~X( for Siegfried...I hate her and her sister!

agreed  :)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
Soul Calibur 3 wasn't that good of a game and was way too unbalanced. I'd rather play SC2, but I think the first one was truly the best. I just hope SC4 has balanced gameplay and all the unnecessary gimmicks are left out, I mean the create a fighter mode and various weapons just aren't needed and will only serve to unbalance the game. They need to go back and see what made SC1 so great and take the series back in that direction. SC3 lacked that arcade feel to it which is a bad move on Namco's part. Now as for characters I like to use regardless of which game I play, I use Nightmare, Ivy and Sophitia.
I liked the create-a-fighter mode.  :|

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
man i had this game for a long time im not a big fan of da series but i did love soul blade for ps1 for some reason i played that game more than i play soul calibur 3 Yunseoung and seung mena have been my favorite characters since da first game and i kinda like mitsurugi he reminds me of haohmaru. i still havnt unlocked all da characters yet and i had da game for a while but hey i got it for free who wouldnt take it if it was free.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
Soul Calibur 3 wasn't that good of a game and was way too unbalanced. I'd rather play SC2, but I think the first one was truly the best. I just hope SC4 has balanced gameplay and all the unnecessary gimmicks are left out, I mean the create a fighter mode and various weapons just aren't needed and will only serve to unbalance the game. They need to go back and see what made SC1 so great and take the series back in that direction. SC3 lacked that arcade feel to it which is a bad move on Namco's part. Now as for characters I like to use regardless of which game I play, I use Nightmare, Ivy and Sophitia.

:-?? Me too, but I can see where it'd be a 'hate it or love it' kind of thing.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »

:-?? Me too, but I can see where it'd be a 'hate it or love it' kind of thing.
I think the ones that didnt like it couldnt beat Chronicles of the Sword.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:39:35 PM by AceWonder20 »
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 03:03:34 AM »
I can see how people would like the create a fighter mode and all, a fun diversion, but all the gimmicks that Namco threw in were just not needed. They should have focused on the game engine and balancing over shoving in useless gimmicks that don't belong in a fighting game. I like my Fighters pure and devoid of such things that only serve to show how sloppy the game was put together. If Namco didn't put in those extra modes then people probably wouldn't have bothered to play it, which shows gamers nowadays just want the gimmicks and not a solid and balanced game. I'm just hoping SC4 turns out to be a well put together and balanced game, but I feel that they will end up tossing in all those gimmicks again just to satisfy the mainstream crowd. It just seems like game companies have to put in all these extras just to sell a game.All this is just my personal opinion though so don't take it too personally. I'm just a really old skool gamer who is disappointed with what gaming has become and that things just aren't like the good old days when arcades were still filled with gamers viciously playing SF2. I'm also not much of a fan of 3D fighters so I guess that's where my bias comes from.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 04:42:32 AM »
It was ok but i liked part 2 better.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
you lack hatred?

or maybe you gotta be faster or something :-??

dattebayo, uzumaki naruto
yeah i need more hatred darn u sophitia  >o:-(   :D    :) that is all
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »
The only thing I liked about 2 was Link.
Other than that I like 3 because Siegfried is awesometown!

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
I can see how people would like the create a fighter mode and all, a fun diversion, but all the gimmicks that Namco threw in were just not needed. They should have focused on the game engine and balancing over shoving in useless gimmicks that don't belong in a fighting game. I like my Fighters pure and devoid of such things that only serve to show how sloppy the game was put together. If Namco didn't put in those extra modes then people probably wouldn't have bothered to play it, which shows gamers nowadays just want the gimmicks and not a solid and balanced game. I'm just hoping SC4 turns out to be a well put together and balanced game, but I feel that they will end up tossing in all those gimmicks again just to satisfy the mainstream crowd. It just seems like game companies have to put in all these extras just to sell a game.All this is just my personal opinion though so don't take it too personally. I'm just a really old skool gamer who is disappointed with what gaming has become and that things just aren't like the good old days when arcades were still filled with gamers viciously playing SF2. I'm also not much of a fan of 3D fighters so I guess that's where my bias comes from.

Yea, I can understand where you're coming from with that, but it's important to remember that games like SF2 were relevantly NEW to the public when they were released. So much has happened since then in the fighting game genre that you'll be hard-pressed to find something like that ever again.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
All I have to say is Me+Mitsurugi+SC3=I dont lose. This also applies to Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, and Siegfred. The only person who has ever come close to beating me was my buddy and his heinous Sueng Mina.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »
I know PSM gave SC3 a perfect 10/10
They even went nuts and made like 10 characters in the review and added how to make them.
My favorites were Cloud Strife and Sephiroth.

I remember they also made Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan (SW3 style)
Who knew PSM could see into the future.  :DxDie

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:12 AM »

Yea, I can understand where you're coming from with that, but it's important to remember that games like SF2 were relevantly NEW to the public when they were released. So much has happened since then in the fighting game genre that you'll be hard-pressed to find something like that ever again.

Yeah, that's what's so sad really  :( Too much has happened and things just aren't the same anymore. There isn't really much more that can be done with the fighting genre either, which is why it's popularity has been dwindling over the years and has become somewhat stagnate. I feel the death of the arcades has had the most impact on fighting games.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 01:35:17 AM »
Im of the opinion that SC is the only series thats got the pacing of a 2D fighter. I cant wait till we finally get a really damn good 3D fighter with massive projectiles and beams and what not flying about 4 on 4 style BAY-BE!!!!!!

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 07:07:35 PM »
Im of the opinion that SC is the only series thats got the pacing of a 2D fighter. I cant wait till we finally get a really damn good 3D fighter with massive projectiles and beams and what not flying about 4 on 4 style BAY-BE!!!!!!
That would be a dream come true.  @-)
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Get serious.
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »
That would be a dream come true.  @-)
I AAGGRREEEE   :|  >:D  ;D
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar