collapse

Author Topic: Just when you thought Link in Soul Calibur 2 was weird...  (Read 3356 times)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
Re: Just when you thought Link in Soul Calibur 2 was weird...
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 10:22:05 PM »

There's Gotta be a catch, its fake its gotta be fake!  8-}

But its not.  :o

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »
Kratos in SC4 would be the most epic win ever.
I could think of 100's of more epic characters.

He-Man! <_<

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »
DAMN! I have 360! I wanted Vader. v_v On a side note, why is everyone bitching? Seriously, Link's a mute midget in a mini-skirt yet all the fanboys try to justify him being in Soul Calibur. I think your missing the whole point of "bonus characters. " Also, he had projectiles and was uber cheesy so I'm glad he wasn't in part 3. That's my opinion. I have a strong dislike for cheesy characters and over rated characters, so I never liked him.

Edit: BTW, the reason I have 360 is cause my dad was planning to get PS3 but it was sold out. Honestly though, I find it to be EXTREMELY over rated. It freezes a lot on the dashboard, the exclusive games aren't THAT great, Halo 3 sucks, and their is a lack of fighting games. IDK if PS3 is better but I wanted it for Unreal and Tekken.
Dude. You just don't get it.

Link was alive, like before electricity was invented. So was the cast of SC.
Spawn is a comic character that originally was born in current day. Now maybe if it was Medieval Spawn, then it would work, but no. Heihachi can be argued since Yoshimitsu is in all Tekkens and Soul Calibur's.

Also in SC they used Link in his adult form.
Seeing how he's about the size of Nightmare in that form, you'd be calling Nightmare a midget too.

I rest my case.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
Idk. People said their opinions about Heihachi and Spawn, lol.

Touche!

*lol*

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Whoblehwah

• Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 10:37:30 PM »
DAMN! I have 360! I wanted Vader. v_v On a side note, why is everyone bitching? Seriously, Link's a mute midget in a mini-skirt yet all the fanboys try to justify him being in Soul Calibur. I think your missing the whole point of "bonus characters. " Also, he had projectiles and was uber cheesy so I'm glad he wasn't in part 3. That's my opinion. I have a strong dislike for cheesy characters and over rated characters, so I never liked him.

Edit: BTW, the reason I have 360 is cause my dad was planning to get PS3 but it was sold out. Honestly though, I find it to be EXTREMELY over rated. It freezes a lot on the dashboard, the exclusive games aren't THAT great, Halo 3 sucks, and their is a lack of fighting games. IDK if PS3 is better but I wanted it for Unreal and Tekken.

Spawn is a comic character that originally was born in current day. Now maybe if it was Medieval Spawn, then it would work, but no. Heihachi can be argued since Yoshimitsu is in all Tekkens and Soul Calibur's.

Seeing how he's about the size of Nightmare in that form, you'd be calling Nightmare a midget too.

I rest my case.

DOES NOONE KNOW THE MEANING OF BONUS CHARACTERS! JEEZ! It doesn't matter if they fit in cause they're not part of the story. It can be argued that since Link is from Hyrule and Hyrule doesn't exist then he doesn't fit in either. Also, I didn't know it was adult Link in the game. <_<

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 10:49:09 PM »

I rest my case.

DOES NOONE KNOW THE MEANING OF BONUS CHARACTERS! JEEZ! It doesn't matter if they fit in cause they're not part of the story. It can be argued that since Link is from Hyrule and Hyrule doesn't exist then he doesn't fit in either. Also, I didn't know it was adult Link in the game. <_<

Link was great, and his time period does sort of fit in with SC time period, but star war???? wtf isn't that supposed to be like 1millions years in the future, light sabers against swords that does make sense

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 10:54:29 PM »

I rest my case.

Link was great, and his time period does sort of fit in with SC time period, but star war???? wtf isn't that supposed to be like 1millions years in the future, light sabers against swords that does make sense
I don't think they said anything about the future. Just that it's in a galaxy very very very far away.
lol

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minor_Soul_Calibur_characters#Link

Biography:
Hyrule's tranquility was shattered by the arrival of several disasters, which brought opaque, ominous clouds with them. Eventually, it was discovered that a wizard was to blame for all that had happened. Just as the people were about to lose all hope, the sun miraculously returned as Link, having been summoned by Princess Zelda to find the disasters' source, successfully defeated the wizard. The people of Hyrule rejoiced in the belief that eternal peace would rule; but it eventually became clear that the wizard who was responsible for the disasters was in fact controlled by an evil sword from another world, Soul Edge, and that the fragments of Soul Edge had been gathering in the other world. Knowing that the resurrection of the evil blade must be prevented at all costs, Link chose to travel to the other world and destroy Soul Edge himself. He gathered his trusted Master Sword and Ocarina of Time, and transported himself off on a secret journey.

He travled to another world. He had a real story. What are Darth & Yoda's story going to be? Another stupid time machine thing like Heihachi? Seriously, even Spawn's story made more sense (scoll down in the link to read his).

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »
Why do they have to have a damn story? I wanna smack Sueng Mina in her tight butt cheeks with Darth Vaders lightsaber.

More seriously, can we just wait till the damned game comes out and see how it plays?

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 11:09:52 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minor_Soul_Calibur_characters#Link

Biography:
Hyrule's tranquility was shattered by the arrival of several disasters, which brought opaque, ominous clouds with them. Eventually, it was discovered that a wizard was to blame for all that had happened. Just as the people were about to lose all hope, the sun miraculously returned as Link, having been summoned by Princess Zelda to find the disasters' source, successfully defeated the wizard. The people of Hyrule rejoiced in the belief that eternal peace would rule; but it eventually became clear that the wizard who was responsible for the disasters was in fact controlled by an evil sword from another world, Soul Edge, and that the fragments of Soul Edge had been gathering in the other world. Knowing that the resurrection of the evil blade must be prevented at all costs, Link chose to travel to the other world and destroy Soul Edge himself. He gathered his trusted Master Sword and Ocarina of Time, and transported himself off on a secret journey.

He travled to another world. He had a real story. What are Darth & Yoda's story going to be? Another stupid time machine thing like Heihachi? Seriously, even Spawn's story made more sense (scoll down in the link to read his).
I don't think they'll need a time machine. Like I said, the story just said it's in a galaxy very far away. I don't remember them saying anything about the year, but I've noticed in my long years of research in Star Wars, they never said anything about Earth (or the planets that scientists have discovered),
They could just probably end up finding earth on accident or something.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »
I don't think they'll need a time machine. Like I said, the story just said it's in a galaxy very far away. I don't remember them saying anything about the year, but I've noticed in my long years of research in Star Wars, they never said anything about Earth (or the planets that scientists have discovered),

True, I don't recall a time period given in SW, but i'm not big on SW so I don't know if they truly did or not. I just thought it took place in the distant future, but it could just be a whole nother galaxy they live in.

Either way, i'd prefer a more fitting bonus character that fits the inviroment better. Vader just looks out of place. Yoda fits... except for the saber.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:50:59 AM »
Watchingthe preview, it looks like a joke... but it's not. As odd as it seams, I think it's a truely awesome mix.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 03:10:30 AM »
I think General Grevious would have been way better, a 4 Saber user would be a better addition too. ;*))

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 04:15:35 AM »

True, I don't recall a time period given in SW, but i'm not big on SW so I don't know if they truly did or not. I just thought it took place in the distant future, but it could just be a whole nother galaxy they live in.

Either way, i'd prefer a more fitting bonus character that fits the inviroment better. Vader just looks out of place. Yoda fits... except for the saber.
I think it's going to be alright.
I remember in Knights of the old republic, before you get your jedi powers you can only use normal non light weapons, and laser beam guns.
Lightsabers are just crystals from caves constructed with light, and contained in the hilt which shoots out a beam, imo I think it would be great to see what a soul edge version of a lightsaber would look like. It would probably be very bad@ss.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 05:00:27 AM »
Video.
<a href="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D17027%26ordinal%3D1199958483180%26adPlay%3Dfalse" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D17027%26ordinal%3D1199958483180%26adPlay%3Dfalse</a>

Offline Darkgargos

• Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 05:54:25 AM »
I swear this just screams " Marketing Gimmick "  8=| Everyone is gonna buy a PS3 just to have Darth Vader, I have a feeling Sony had a hand in this. I do think it would be cool to play with these Star Wars characters, but it's just ridiculous. I'd prefer that they had saved the idea for a separate Star Wars game. I just hope these characters don't completely unbalance the game, I don't want to see Darth and Yoda as top tier characters that dominate the whole game. I'm gonna wait for this game to release and see what the hardcore fighting game community has to say about it before I decide to get it. I would have rather had Castlevania characters like Alucard or the various Belmonts since they would have fit the time period better, but I guess they would be rather illogical as well. I don't mind bonus characters as long as they are balanced and fit in with the rest of the roster, but Star Wars!? WTF!  ;*))

Offline bedoo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 28, 2008, 05:36:10 AM
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 06:07:24 AM »
i think it f**k*** fantastic, i just wanna be able to create a fighter that utilizes yoda's crazy spin moves!!!Hell Yeah

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 06:36:11 AM »
I really hope to f**k that heihachi isn't in this version, he just doesn't feel right in it (too powerful), honestly I played all 3 versions of sc2,
Link was utter crap and anyone who doesn't agree is just a deluded fanboy!! I mean come on, throwing bombs and boomerangs? The only decent one they had was spawn, hence why I decided upon the xbox version :)

So glad that vaders in the ps3 version of sc4 and not yoda, he'll be super annoying (like Gon and Boskonovitch in tekken 3.
Feel the POWER of the DARK side!!  lol

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 06:49:12 AM »
I really hope to f**k that heihachi isn't in this version, he just doesn't feel right in it (too powerful), honestly I played all 3 versions of sc2,
Link was utter sh*t and anyone who doesn't agree is just a deluded fanboy!! I mean come on, throwing bombs and boomerangs? The only decent one they had was spawn, hence why I decided upon the xbox version :)

So glad that vaders in the ps3 version of sc4 and not yoda, he'll be super annoying (like Gon and Boskonovitch in tekken 3.

Heihachi.Was.Awesome.

Also...

with this....

DARTH VADER VS NIGHTMARE!!!

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 06:51:11 AM »
I swear this just screams " Marketing Gimmick "  8=| Everyone is gonna buy a PS3 just to have Darth Vader, I have a feeling Sony had a hand in this. I do think it would be cool to play with these Star Wars characters, but it's just ridiculous. I'd prefer that they had saved the idea for a separate Star Wars game. I just hope these characters don't completely unbalance the game, I don't want to see Darth and Yoda as top tier characters that dominate the whole game. I'm gonna wait for this game to release and see what the hardcore fighting game community has to say about it before I decide to get it. I would have rather had Castlevania characters like Alucard or the various Belmonts since they would have fit the time period better, but I guess they would be rather illogical as well. I don't mind bonus characters as long as they are balanced and fit in with the rest of the roster, but Star Wars!? WTF!  ;*))
Are you kidding me?! Sony hates USA.
I'm sure they would much rather put Lupin the third instead of something created by americans.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 06:55:23 AM »
Link was utter sh*t and anyone who doesn't agree is just a deluded fanboy!! I mean come on, throwing bombs and boomerangs? The only decent one they had was spawn, hence why I decided upon the xbox version :)

Refer to my previous posts on Link.
As I said, the only way they would work Spawn into SC is if it was medieval Spawn.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 06:57:22 AM »
I'm sure they would much rather put Lupin the third instead of something created by americans.

True, but they need the worldwide sales right now since PS3 isn't doing all that well. They know people would rather play with Darth Vader than Yoda. This game will increase PS3 sales for sure.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 07:16:22 AM »

True, but they need the worldwide sales right now since PS3 isn't doing all that well. They know people would rather play with Darth Vader than Yoda. This game will increase PS3 sales for sure.
If Sony cared at all about sales, all the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix games and all of those Final Fantasy special edition games would have been released across the world.
Seriously, Sony is the most racist corporation I have ever known.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2008, 07:35:56 AM »

If Sony cared at all about sales, all the Kingdom Hearts Final Mix games and all of those Final Fantasy special edition games would have been released across the world.
Seriously, Sony is the most racist corporation I have ever known.

They sure are and japan just loves them. Sony is just one of those companies that I can't stand. Ever since they entered the console business they have pissed me off one too many times. I'm still pissed we didn't get Tobal #2 back on PS1. Sony is just one big jerk of a corporation and just love screwing the rest of the world over and raping us of every cent we got for products that aren't even worth it. They have too big of an ego and think they are invincible. If only we still had Sega making consoles.......sigh!

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »
I like the idea. It reminds me of some of the awesome guest characters in the Tony Hawk series like Spiderman, Jango Fett, Ironman, and Gene Simmons. They,too, were a little unbalanced. (Jango and Ironman had jump jets, spiderman had a similar move.)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar