collapse

Author Topic: DBZ movie casting  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
Re: DBZ movie casting
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2007, 02:04:57 PM »
We should let this happen!Who knows? It may turn out great!!!! =D>

theres like a 3 percent chance that it will turn out good.....im not willing to take that chance and neither is everyone else
3% chance!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!
are you kidding? there are like 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001 chances that it turn good

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »
i seriously SERIOUSLY  have not heard or seen anybody excited about this.   i think if people keep it up, they will stop the making of this movie.    like why would they make it if ALL OVER THE INTERNET every one is saying "please no please no" 

by the way i have a feeling even if the movie comes out no one really is going to see it.   it wont be #1 for the week at box office or anything.  cause there are so many people out there who dont like or arent even interested in dragonball z or anime at all.

Offline conicteam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 09, 2009, 05:51:02 PM
  • The Beatles are awsome!!!
    • Beatle Chao
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2007, 03:52:07 PM »
Toryama is really excited about the movie.
here's proof
The Hollywood Reporter reports:

Recently Dragon Ball Z's creator, Akira Toriyama, met in Japan with Fox executives to discuss creative plans for the property. Toriyama h ad this to say, "Recent movies have surprised us by entering such territory that used to belong only to comics with wonderful technology and wisdom. As a big movie fan, I am truly looking forward to the movie version of Dragonball. I hope you will entertain millions and millions of people with the brand new Dragonball of a totally new dimension that surpasses my imagination."

Recent Fox film properties such as X-men, Star Wars, and others have shown how far reality can be manipulated using computer animation. Fox and FUNimation are dedicated to bringing Toriyama's vision to life in an astounding way, and computer generated graphics should play a large role in turning their vision into reality.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »
here's proof

Recently Dragon Ball Z's creator, Akira Toriyama, met in Japan with Fox executives to discuss creative plans for the property. Toriyama h ad this to say, "Recent movies have surprised us by entering such territory that used to belong only to comics with wonderful technology and wisdom. As a big movie fan, I am truly looking forward to the movie version of Dragonball. I hope you will entertain millions and millions of people with the brand new Dragonball of a totally new dimension that surpasses my imagination."

Recent Fox film properties such as X-men, Star Wars, and others have shown how far reality can be manipulated using computer animation. Fox and FUNimation are dedicated to bringing Toriyama's vision to life in an astounding way, and computer generated graphics should play a large role in turning their vision into reality.

Well Toriyama better lend a helping hand into the film, or else it will suck.
Remember MK the movie was only good because the creators of the games were there to be involved with the movie.
Ed Boon voiced Scorpion... XD

And Silent Hill was only good because the directors got threatened by many SH fans to make it like the game.

Offline General Frostbite (☆)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 19, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »
You guys are sooooooo imature! Street Fighter is a video game and Dragon Ball is manga!
Besides, if Akira Toryama let them do it has to be great (he wouldn't give them the rights to it if it wasn't a good idea)!

He would if he was getting allot of money. How is it imature to complain about how disapointed you were in a movie based on a video game. Its a pirtty well known fact that most things dont go well when transfering media.
Videogames almost never make good movies and vice versa. Same with comics (untill the first spiderman movie)
It only goes good if they respect the souce, and try to keep it true to the story. Spiderman worked so well because it kept as true as it could while still applying to the modern age. Street fighter didnt work because all they were wored about was how much money they were going to make. With the way the story is going now for the DBZ movie, it dosnt look like they are going to keep true to the anime.

Besides, it would be even worse if he turned Super Saiyan.
(Like i bet you'll see Goku go super sayan in his big final fight with Picollo, something that never happend in the anime or manga when goku and picollo were enemys.)

When you care about an something, and it gets transferd to a new form of media, you want it to be as good as the way you fell in love with it. And you are always left with a huge disappointment.

I doubt he'll turn Super Saiyan during his fight with Piccolo. Like you said, this would be taking place during the end of Dragonball, and Goku never had the ability to go Super Saiyan, so...

And besides, if he turned Super Saiyan, it'd be even worse. I doubt it'd look good in a live action movie.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:04:09 PM by OmegaXMK2 »

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 02, 2008, 01:21:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »
where are they starting the story from?Is goku main battle of the movie gonna be when he fight vegeta?I hope it is.If the main battle is Piccolo then the movie is definetely gonna be corny  :-??

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »
where are they starting the story from?Is goku main battle of the movie gonna be when he fight vegeta?I hope it is.If the main battle is Piccolo then the movie is definetely gonna be corny  :-??
It's probably going to be about the end of Dragonball where he fought Piccolo at the tournament or something lame like that.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »
here's proof

Great. That doesnt really give any insite as to what saga the movie will be based on. Being that it'll be a Fox movie I bet they'll try to skip through the Dragonball series quickly in the beginning and make mockery of the Saiyan-Frieza stories. If they even get that far. they may be cheap enough to try and incorporate all of them in one film and try to say its original. Or just stop just before the Cell saga...who knows :-??

I can just see this going terribly wrong. Maybe not in the box office but in comparison to the original story and characters :-w

-EDiT-http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-11/heroes-lee-auditions-for-dragon-ball-z-movie

Heroes' Lee Auditions for Dragon Ball Z Movie
posted on 2007-11-11 18:17 EST
During his November 11 panel at Pacific Media Expo in Los Angeles, actor James Kyson Lee (Heroes television series' Ando) said that he is trying out for the role of Yamcha in 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga. He says that the movie is planned for a 2010 release and that he approved of the script so far. He also said that he was a childhood fan of manga such as Dragon Ball and Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk — the latter of which he had read the entire run.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/817/817539p1.html

Dragon Ball Z Movie Update!
Shooting in Montreal in the coming year?
by Stax

September 4, 2007 - It looks like 20th Century Fox is rushing the long-awaited live-action movie adaptation of Dragon Ball Z into production before the looming industry strikes happen next year.

According to the Montreal Gazette, Dragon Ball Z will shoot in Montreal sometime in the coming year; while an exact start date isn't known yet, the paper reports that production is expected to be completed by next July.

Dragon Ball Z is based on the manga by Akira Toriyama, which also beget an anime series of the same name. There's no word yet on who will write or direct the picture.

UPDATED: 20th Century Fox has informed IGN that this report cannot be confirmed as neither start dates nor locations are locked in at this point.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:45:22 AM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »
what I hate the most is that the people cast for this moive forget the fact that its a action/fighting based movie and the actors they pick out dont seem to have that much of a martial arts background........piccolo to me should be played by wesley snipes cause for one he has the build and two he can fight.......but I for one(no matter the actors)dont think they should make this live action because its not going to be good at all maybe cg but what would be the point of that considering its already anime..I just see bad things coming from this moive and am ready to back vkm's army to try and get this one stopped

my new one

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
i think samuel L jackson should be piccolo

XD

i mean look at his role in pulp fiction :DxDie

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
honestly no matter who plays who,this movie is gonna be horrible.Dont get me wrong,Wesley snipes,jet li,jackie chan etc are good actors and everything but a live action movie wouldnt have a "Dragonballz feel".What I mean by that is when you see the movie you wouldnt "feel" like you watching dbz,it would feel like you watching something totally this.

Ok,for example Here's what I want yall to do.Picture Jet Li(as goku) powering up and turning into super saiyan in a live action movie.Just the thought  of it is hilarious  :D :D :D .I mean come on it would look silly with Jet li having goldish yellowish hair standing straight up lol.Let me know what yall think :-??

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 05:22:10 PM »
The only guy who I could accept playing as Goku would be the guy that played Liu Kang in the MK films.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »
Hollywood has finally crossed the line with this crap, we all must stand together against this evil and smite the powers that be for making this atrocity  \-/o I just can't believe they would rape our beloved DBZ just to line their pockets with more money.......................D@MN YOU HOLLYWOOD!!  >:(

Offline conicteam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 09, 2009, 05:51:02 PM
  • The Beatles are awsome!!!
    • Beatle Chao
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »
A movie is a movie to me! You guys should accept the fact that Toriyama likes the idea! >:P

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2007, 04:54:30 AM »
he may like the fact that his manga is being made into live action and that is not really the problem cause I am sure with the right budget,right director, and good actors the movie would be great(somewhat) but the problem is everything is going to be wrong and therefor the movie is going to suck lots.....if they really want to make this good enough to just go and watch/pay movie price they should at least let fans make the cast or something......but no matter what I just dont want this made

my new one

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
they cant use real live people for dbz they just cant. it wont look good.

if they want live people SOOO bad i say they should do it like that movie "A Scanner Darkley"

where its real live people but a cartoon at the same time......so it wont look so weird and stupid when turning supersayajin and etc.

i say this is as best as it could get when it comes to this
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:01:58 PM by Onslaught »

Offline reezy718

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »
Whats the update on this movie?Will Vegeta be in it?Im hearing that Piccolo is the main villian.Its already bad enough the movie is live action,if Vegeta is not in the movie then its gonna really suck :-??

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
they cant use real live people for dbz they just cant. it wont look good.

if they want live people SOOO bad i say they should do it like that movie "A Scanner Darkley"

where its real live people but a cartoon at the same time......so it wont look so weird and stupid when turning supersayajin and etc.

i say this is as best as it could get when it comes to this

Thats not a bad idea. I own & love that movie. Its so weird yet entertaining and creatively strange.

>:-(-|
I was thinkin that wouldnt be a bad idea for the game when I was watching the SF4 trailer :-??
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline dennis872005

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 08, 2010, 08:34:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
well i will watch this movie. to all you haters, just dont watch it or even think about it. and cut that petition crap out. i actually want to see this movie.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
I'm still going to see it just to kill time.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2013, 11:41:30 PM
  • "Know my power!"
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 12:12:38 AM »
Like many people, I agree that this movie should not be made. The concept of a live action DBZ movie is horrible.  \-/o How can they possibly hope to emulate the screaming (lol) and the earth-shattering ki blasts in live action? No amount of special effects can even come close...in my opinion....

Also, Piccolo as a villain isn't much of a good idea either. Even though the movie might take place at the end of Dragon Ball, I'd say that Vegeta or Freeza would be better choices ( :-& at the thought of live-action Freeza)

>:-(-| P.S. Last time a big company tried totwist up an anime, this almost happened.....
[youtube=425,350]eIppyTGARQA[/youtube]

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 02:35:51 AM »
jesus that is not what i was expecting.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 01:25:39 PM »
haha wow so it was live action until they transformed......haha oh man....after watch beowulf and see how it was made I think I could accept dbz in that form with the actors(still get better actors)and that is just accepting cause I dont see the point of doing it(even if they did it like that)cause it was aleady anime

my new one

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
Was that SailorMoon clip made by americans because that was ABSOLUTLEY HORRENDOUS  :-& :-& :-&

It looked like a bunch of teenage paraplegic Saved By The bell rejects trying to dance for an early 90's MTV video  :DxDie
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 03:40:59 PM »
has these stupid idiots noticed that non of those actors have martial art talents?? \-/o

what they thought DBZ was about just powering and blasting enemies? so stupid man L-)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar