collapse

Author Topic: Mugenarchive community are the real leechers  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Laughin@RealLeechers

• Last Login:March 21, 2019, 08:11:16 PM
Mugenarchive community are the real leechers
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
Posting here because I tried to say this on their forum and got banned.

I find it funny every time they talk about how shut down free downloading because too many guests are leeching. In their opinion, leeching is downloading without participating in the forum somehow.

There is a bigger definition to Mugen leeching and they all are the biggest example of it in how they go to other places for all the files they can to upload there. Are they not leeching off of those places when they do that? Of course they are.

To make it even worse, they made a choice to add adfly revenue off of those files. So not only are they leeching off of other places (while attacking people that do not participate there with that namecalling), they are making money off of other people's work. That is despicable. Creators do all the work to make the characters, use it wherever for their own community, and Mugen Archive leeches off that so as it can be added to their files to try and make money off of.

They do not even care if the files are multiples of each other. All they care about is another file to give an adfly referral to so they can make money off of it. Yes, they'll say it is all for their server costs. But how do we know that? Take their word for it? Take the word of people who are trying to make money off of other people's work? The same people that upload as many files as possible, even hacking into full games so as can leak characters from it. All for the purpose of more attempts to get adfly referrals. Pardon me if I do not trust the people at their word about making money off of other people when they do things like that to where it gets the creators to stop creating because of these hacks.

They used to provide a service in actually helping people find things that were offline. In the sticky topic, "The reason why I created the Mugen Archive" that was said to be the reasoning for the place. That evolved into something ugly where they upload anything and everything they possibly can all for the sake of getting more adfly referrals to make money off of other people's work. Leeching off of other places, while calling the people that download from there leechers because they do not participate in their own forum. Hypocrite much? Want more proof. They have limits on what people can download, but do not put limits on uploading. Guests can upload things. But they try and prevent guests from downloading. All so as they can get more files to add more adfly referrals.

If they can't cover their own server costs, perhaps they need to find a more legit way to do it or double check theirselves on their whole process. A process that used to be fine when it was all about things that were really offline and hard to find. As opposed to right now where they want as many files as possible so as they can get more money off of other people's works. Because as of right now Mugen Archive people are seriously shady.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:55:19 PM by Laughin@RealLeechers »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
Re: Mugenarchive community are the real leechers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27:21 PM »
So you registered just to say that?
Adfly is a nasty thing, but starting with ranting about other resource IMT have nothing to do with...
Bad tone, eh. At least you hopefully let all your steam go...
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:14 PM »
Whats happening on other forums?
 (:|
don't we have shoutbox for this kind of ranting

id rather be here on this forum, then hear about other forums

this is getting repeatative, please find a venting forum, imt isn't a bulliten board for venting woes from across the seas
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:35:19 PM by Arkady »

Offline Laughin@RealLeechers

• Last Login:March 21, 2019, 08:11:16 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:48:25 PM »
There is another topic in this section addressing something happening at a different forum. I guess my foray into being someone who does not just download was a mistake since that is now two different occasions where it turned out badly.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista