collapse

Author Topic: MMX (Megaman X) Jack Bandit style thread  (Read 930 times)

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 02, 2024, 11:45:30 AM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
MMX (Megaman X) Jack Bandit style thread
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
First of all, i'm noob at spriting. Sorry.

So i've been wanting to do some MMX boss characters into Jack Bandit style ever since Magma Dragoon got released for sometime ago, but it's rather difficult even if you don't know how to make one from scratch. In that regard, 1 boss character from MMX is never enough.

This is my shot:

<-- (Seems blurry, cause it doesn't get much difference)

May require some people to team up with. Feedback and criticism are appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:41:23 PM by kanodoom »

Offline Tyrannosuarex

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 27, 2020, 03:08:03 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
    • Email
Re: MMX (Megaman X) Jack Bandit style thread
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
maybe u need do some frankensprite work

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »
Maybe so, but i would still need require some teamups. I am actually considering to do sprite trades to do someone for me, then i do something on my own.

Offline MotorRoach

• What the cup is on your face
  • Last Login:May 03, 2021, 03:48:50 PM
  • My hat is dead
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
First of all, no. If you want to get used to spriting on your own, then just don't do frankenspriting as Tyrannosuarex recommended. That's the worst advice you can give for an artist.

Second of all, I'm not entirely sure what you tried to do, but I can tell the resizing feels rather filtered or resized in an automatic manner. If you want to make a better looking big sprite, I recommend drawing it at a big size from the start, rather than resizing it from a tiny resolution like that.

If you want, you can start practicing from small sizes anyway. Since you are only starting, then starting from big sprites is forcing yourself into spriting too quick. Spriting at the usual MMX style could be a good start for you.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:39 AM »
First of all, no. If you want to get used to spriting on your own, then just don't do frankenspriting as Tyrannosuarex recommended. That's the worst advice you can give for an artist.

Second of all, I'm not entirely sure what you tried to do, but I can tell the resizing feels rather filtered or resized in an automatic manner. If you want to make a better looking big sprite, I recommend drawing it at a big size from the start, rather than resizing it from a tiny resolution like that.

If you want, you can start practicing from small sizes anyway. Since you are only starting, then starting from big sprites is forcing yourself into spriting too quick. Spriting at the usual MMX style could be a good start for you.

2) I want to make him based on how Jack Bandit (retired mugen creator) did with Magma Dragoon from scratch, but i don't even know where to begin, cause i need to resize him.

I don't wanna sprite from small size. I might actually consider to do sprite trades at some point.

Offline MotorRoach

• What the cup is on your face
  • Last Login:May 03, 2021, 03:48:50 PM
  • My hat is dead
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
If you are still new to spriting, then you can't just expect to get good from starting big. Take your time into learning. Don't rush your skills. Besides, there is nothing wrong with small sprites. You can make sprites very small and still make them look good. Not to mention people can still appreciate decent sprites, regardless of the size. Take a look at this sprite I've done recently:

Besides, resizing sprites is not really good for practicing for the first time. You will be better off studying different sprite styles and then trying your own hand at it.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
^ That

I should've done that years ago when i was a kid, but i did not have interest in that at the time. Maybe i should do a small-sized sprites step by step, then, after that, maybe i should move onto the other spriting things that i have to learn more.

It may not be ideal, but i suppose i will try it, Roach.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal