collapse

Author Topic: Flash game idea  (Read 780 times)

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
Flash game idea
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
Hi, I'm sort of new here. I don't really come here often, but I sometimes do sprite edits. I recently had an idea for a game starring The Flash. It would be a side scrolling platformer, but would also kind of play like Megaman X. Dashing and jumping would be the main focus aside from the usual. I was wondering if anyone here had any links or tips to BOR engines or how to make a game similar to what I described. Also if anyone has a link to a site with guides on how to edit backgrounds, because I'm absolutely terrible at them. I hope this is descriptive enough. I don't plan on starting the project for a long time, but I'd love to get advice and if I actually make progress, I'd love to hear from people who would be interested in helping.

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
Re: Flash game idea
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:25:19 PM »
Also I had a more fleshed out idea for an Ant Man game (I actually did a sheet for both Hank and Jan so maybe an Ant Man and Wasp game instead.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJuLiinpZY&index=6&list=PL8LbcZoAqh2KQqLB1jehONLSqmfeudFvn Here's a link to a hypothetical gameplay trailer I made for it, if anyone finds that interesting too.

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
Re: Flash game idea
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
Hey Bobby, that sounds interesting, to make a Mega Man style game but with a superhero. If you wanted to do a game for the Flash, a better fit would make it like Sonic the Hedgehog.

The video looked ok, but I didn't get a clear sense of the gameplay and physics to the platforming. I realize it was a fake trailer. The gameplay and level design is always the most important piece. If it isn't fun to play, no one will play it. Just keep that in mind.

If you're still new to spriting you may want to consider 8 bit era graphics, if you're going for a Mega Man style game. That should make it a bit easier to develop stage backgrounds, doesn't require as much detail.

Also, I'm not sure if BOR is the best for building platformers. It's original use was for beat-em-up's. But I hear BOR is very robust. Maybe you should look into Mega Man style systems that let you create Mega Man style games. I'm sure they're out there. That's also Game Maker if you want to start from scratch.

That's my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the end. :)

- Twinimage

Tags: The Flash DC Comics 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal