collapse

Author Topic: Marvel Vs. Capcom: MUGEN Edition  (Read 29558 times)

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
Marvel Vs. Capcom: MUGEN Edition
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
In a massive collaboration, including creators from different MUGEN communities like

I'm glad to announce today the public opening of a new Marvel Vs. Capcom project (the title of the game may change in the near future).

Phase 1 roster:

System: gameplay will be based on the Capcom Fighting All-Stars engine. Tag team battles, where both Marvel and Capcom Universes will collide once again.

Roster: born from an idea by MGMURROW, this project promises to bring a well-rounded roster of characters, old and newcomers will appear in this fan-made iteration of the game. Character's topics and more will be revealed as time goes on.

Logo & Screenpack: a very good friend, an excellent designer like !E will be helping us in the design development of the game.

Lifebars: we're going to use the excellent lifebars developed by Glassbox.

Stages: the game will include around 10-15 stages. We're open to suggestions for this area.

Music: WizzyWhipitWonderful may be helping us with the OST of the game, so you may be sure the music will be full of superb themes.

Release: this project will be released in three phases. The release date of the first phase is going to be defined at a later time.

Questions
Q: Does this mean CFAS is cancelled?
A: Not at all. This may help us to bring more content for the CFAS project, while still learning and developing new gameplay styles for the Marvel side of the roster. We'll be sure that both project will by finished and enjoyable to play ;).

Any comment, question, suggestion or more, please let us know. Thank you everyone, we'll do our best effor to bring a great game!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:03:26 PM by Nestor »

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
Re: Marvel Vs. Capcom: MUGEN Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:45:46 AM »
great news,
i love to see more full games in development.

maybe a 0.5 phase with half of this roster size should be cool too.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:18:18 AM »
It's great, MvC is my favorite from Capcom's versus games. I hope that won't slowdown CFAS though, 'coz I'm waiting for it too. Good luck to you, Nestor and everyone, who will be working on this project %%-

P.S. would be great to see Carlos from Final Fight 2 made for project, but it's just my wish to see full cast of Final Fight playable characters someday, I know it's very hard. I won't demand anyone to be in roster as with that big roster my favs will eventually slip in there. ;*))
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Sounds interesting. Just... please, please don't include X-Factor or Multi-Character Launchers! The latter is just brain-dead combos for almost free, and the former is a cheap comeback system. (I'd also argue to not include launchers period, as they're just easy-peasy combo's for almost free to begin with, but I do recognize that that's a stable of most VS-style games, and that there's probably nothing that can be done about that.) But in any case, so long as you take care of those two, this might be a pretty decent game. :)

I also have a couple of thoughts on the roster, namely the balance. Not actual in-game balance, (though that's important too,) but... let me put it this way. MvC2 had way too many SF&X-Men characters, compared to all of the other 'sources' in the game, which just had 1-3. Now, while MvC3 certainly had it's problems, it at least had (IMO,) a better, more balanced roster. The amount of X-Men characters was still a bit high, at 7, (Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, X-23, Magneto, Deadpool, Sentinel,) but it still wasn't as bad, and the SF4 count was only up to 4. In fact, outside of X-Men, the highest character-count any series got up to was 4, and the only series that did so, (unless you count Avengers, but many of it's character's can also count on their own,) were SF and RE. What I'm saying here, is that I think it's important to have a good balance in the character roster, and not load it with too many characters from particular series. This isn't SFvsX-Men, or some other such game, but MvC, and the roster should reflect that. That's what I think, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:39:25 AM by novasod »

Offline Swagga Kings

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 30, 2019, 07:53:02 PM
    • Youtube.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
I have a question would Alex from street fighter 3 third strike would make the cut? as well as other characters from darkstalkers like jedah john talbain or the merman? it would be awsome to see them in the roster :thumbsup:

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
Not bad, friendo! Excellent/Awesome project! Looking forward to another beautiful project from you since CFAS. This got me thinking of having more Capcom and Marvel chars in the roster, but I understand it might be too much.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:09 AM »
Project looks cool. Has the full roster been decided yet? or is that a work in progress?

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
This could serve to show Capcom any fan can make a better roster than them!

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »
THATS AMAZING! I always loved everything in the MvC series (except MvC2's soundtrack), but a MUGEN version with new chars will be the best thing. Who is in the roster?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
Uh oh! Here we go again!
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
Glad to see your comments guys :) now, to give some answers ;) :

zvitor: I like that idea so much! So I guess it will be 3 phases now. Phase 2 will help us to gather more feedback while we develop the rest of the game, so we don't leave everyone waiting.

ExeLord: thanks man :) I hope that this project, by the contrary, will help to the CFAS development, with the new content being added here, and considering the project will bring more styles to learn from. We don't have set the full roster yet, but when we do, we'll post it as well :).

novasod: I guess both features will be out of discussion man ;) we may come up with something for the project. About the characters "worlds", some may have more characters, some others less, but we'll do our best to keep everything as balanced as possible.

Nokia: We'll be posting the roster shortly, and we hope the character list we have will be of the liking of the players ;).

Enso: We're not sure of how much the roster will grow up, but right now, we have a lot of rich content to start the project :). The help is getting from everywhere, and we really appreciate it. It's like a multi-community project, I must say!

Whiplash: It's still being decided man, but we'll keep updating it ;).

Magma Dragoon: Thanks man! We hope to bring a great project here :)

Macaulyn: I'll be sure to post the roster we have so far shortly, keep an eye on the topic ;).

Uche_of_IMT: I guess it's related somehow to your comment in MFG :) but don't worry. This project may be a bit easier than CFAS, so we're hoping to work faster on it. Marvel content has grown up a lot through these past years, and that's a BIG help for the project.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
Regarding the roster, can I suggest you to make a poll with characters that you want to add?

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
Unlike CFAS, a poll may not happen this time. Be sure that we'll do our best to include as many interesting and fun characters in the game, while keeping it balanced and "real".

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »
So no two Wolverines?  :D

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 12:07:28 AM »
You can count with it :D

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »
You can count with it :D

And no Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Ryu's half-brother, Ryu's son twice-removed, Ryu's evil-hidden-superduper evil side, AKA, no 20 dozen shoto clones?

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »
:D novasod, that made me laugh.  But yeah, I wonder, will Ryu be like in original MvC with ability to change styles?
Maybe if he'll have Evil Ryu mode on "hold start when choosing character" he can be like Ken/Sean in regular mode and Akuma/Dan in evil mode. That will cover all shotoclones(= +5 more original characters in roster), but Ryu'll become very complex character...

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
I have a crazy idea that'll definitely separate this from other MvC fangames!

Replace Ryu with Ken!  :w00t:

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »
Heh, I also like Ken more then Ryu, but Capcom fighting game without Ryu /:O It's kinda like Paris without Eiffel Tower :-??

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
Indeed, Ryu is one of the most famous (if not the most famous) game characters in the gaming world. It would be absurd to have a game with Capcom chars without him. Regarding the shotoclones, does that mean that Sakura won't be in?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
Indeed, Ryu is one of the most famous (if not the most famous) game characters in the gaming world. It would be absurd to have a game with Capcom chars without him.
But it's fine to have a Capcom fighting game without Mega Man  :'(

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
Indeed, Ryu is one of the most famous (if not the most famous) game characters in the gaming world. It would be absurd to have a game with Capcom chars without him.

Because, you know, the world will explode if Ryu and Morrigan aren't in every freaking Capcom Vs. Whatever game.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
But it's fine to have a Capcom fighting game without Mega Man  :'(
We all know that Capcom doesn't care a f*ck for Megaman, considering the game in development, but Zero appeared and he always looked more cool than Megaman.
Because, you know, the world will explode if Ryu and Morrigan aren't in every freaking Capcom Vs. Whatever game.
I don't really care about Ryu, but Morrigan really need to be in every Capcom VS game, after all, Ryu can be replaced by one of his clones and Morrigan cannot, and also, I like her.

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 24, 2022, 09:33:25 PM
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
Whoa, I picked a good day to check out the WIPS forum! I'm excited to see where this goes! Can't wait to see what you guys have got planned. What I mainly am curious is who the boss is going to be.

You have to forgive me, but I've gotta ask....do you guys have an announcer yet? I'd be willing to throw my voice at this if you'll have me.

"Lord...I've been a good mantis...I've PRAYED..."- Mike Nelson MST3k

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:57 PM »
Shockdingo: right now we're just using Glassbox default sound. I'll see what are the phrases used in the LB's and the ones we may need in the SP, and I'll let you know buddy, it would be great to feature someone as the VA of the environment (Enso is already on CFAS, so is very much appreciated here as well) :)!

First post updated, phase 1 (out of 3 phases) roster:

Tags: mvc3 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar