collapse

Author Topic: Shockdingo's Shocktorium  (Read 12213 times)

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 24, 2022, 09:33:25 PM
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
Shockdingo's Shocktorium
« on: February 05, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Hey guys,

How's it going? I've slowly started hanging out here a bit more and I thought I should break the ice and share some of my old sprite work.

Edits circa 2006

Flash animation test about selftitled Mugen character
http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/Scrap-Shockdingo-Preview-101299578?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F787895&qo=43

Back in the day, I used to make special and super concepts for different characters. On July 5, 2008 I made this little piece, it's meant to show off Cap's finesse with a shield. I made it in the being of Thor's Heroes of Asgard "input hyper". Enjoy:

(Attempt at spriting myself)

Flash anims

Deadpool title cards test
http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/Deadpool-title-Cards-test-118848490?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F787895&qo=40

Misc photo manips

(freakin' watermark messed this up a little)

Shockdingo (Mugen character misc)

Identity chart

2009 my indepth intro on Shockdingo (mugen character)

It's a rather long flash animation (thankfully broken into sections for separate viewing), but I wanted it to be indepth so that when I finally get off my butt and finish the character, people will know what this is all about and not be scratching their heads at the strange guy in a dingo mask and Captain Commando armor.

http://shockdingo.deviantart.com/art/A-Closer-look-at-Shockdingo-142662278?q=gallery%3Ashockdingo%2F1179191&qo=0

2012 edits

When this first came out, I couldn't resist making an edit of the guy. He's hilarious.

I tried to do some weird new shading on one of the sprites to freshen up ol Charlie here, but I'm super ignorant about light sources and haven't been able to properly grasp the concept for years.  Back to more practicing hah. Anyways, I wanted to modernize him and have this as "Charlie cira SF4", so I gave him a haggard appearance and a tattered jacket.

I made this as a joke for some reason and had a hilarious idea of a bonus character; unrelenting Wolverine clones.  :D

"Lord...I've been a good mantis...I've PRAYED..."- Mike Nelson MST3k

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 06:06:54 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Shockdingo's Shocktorium
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:52:06 PM »

this "I LIKE" a lot, i wanted to make kingpin and a this right here is the concept i had in my mind
love your work shock dingo

(and thanks for the havok voices, very much apprieciated)

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:56:45 PM »
Great spritework!!!  ^^(PM)^

I like all the things u posted!!!

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:26 PM »
Thanks guys!

Arch: No problem, glad you liked them! Also glad you liked the Kingpin; I've always wanted to make an edit of him, but I could never find a good large suited man or draw it, so I thought of the first issue of the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider and it had a Kingpin stripped down to wrestling trunks, but it showed even though he had a bit of flab, he was still very muscular. I decided if I was doing a Kingpin, I'd make him in an "enraged- down to basics" style; no more tricks, he's personally going to take them out.

nx-men: Thanks dude, this makes me want to continue on and make more stuff. :)

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:07 PM »

nx-men: Thanks dude, this makes me want to continue on and make more stuff. :)

That would be awesome!!!  :w00t:

Two face in your avatar or Mr Frreze on your sig were some of your old wips?   

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
Two-Face and Mr. Freeze are the WIPS I'm trying to work on for the Unlimited game, but I've been a bit delayed with a few things. I had some troubles with Mr. Freeze in the planning stage and for now am trying to see what I can do with Two-Face. I haven't sprited in a while, so I'm pretty rusty hah.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
Two-Face and Mr. Freeze are the WIPS I'm trying to work on for the Unlimited game, but I've been a bit delayed with a few things. I had some troubles with Mr. Freeze in the planning stage and for now am trying to see what I can do with Two-Face. I haven't sprited in a while, so I'm pretty rusty hah.

No worries!! Take your time!!! :)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 28, 2024, 08:19:22 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »
impressive  :O*D

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
Excellent work comrade.

If you need help with Freeze and Two Face I can lend a hand

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »
Thanks dude, much appreciated! When I get back on the WIP wagon there's a couple things I hope to get to on my WIP list that'll be seeking help with. :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »
Cool. Can't wait to see them

Offline Loganir

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
It's funny that Wolv squad idea scene.
Cool gallery here Shockdingo. :)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
I just took a listen to your Deadpool title card thing. Awesome stuff  :Terry

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »
Thanks Loganir, I appreciate it man! I think someday I may look to get some help and make it into a bonus stage, hah, but that may not be for a looooong time.

Sonic: Thanks man, glad you liked the flash anim!

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:49:23 PM
    • Email
Shockdingo's Shocktorium
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
Very, very good work here.

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 08:11:45 PM »
Hey guys, how's it going? Been gone a looooooooooooong time, but I want to start getting serious about spriting again.  I've been doing other visual stuff over the years, to keep busy though.  I forgot to post more of my old work, so I'll do that now. :)

Marvel Minimalist Concept reel 1

This is a little tribute to those old commercial bumpers from 80's cartoons. I love those and title cards (Batman the Animated series) so I assembled a team of voice actor friends (one of which made me all those awesome custom music tracks) and boom! I got this! :)

Here's some of the vector portraits by themselves:

Here's a Close Up!

Heart of Shou Lao

As the City Sleeps

Dead Center!

and lastly, here's Nick Fury. I was going to include him in the minimalist reel and have him close it out, but it was starting to run way too long. If I do a sequel I'll put him in.

Street Fighter Commercial Bumper Test

Continuing the Commercial bumper obsession, I made one for street fighter. (Since this one was a test, I put it on my secondary attic channel)

An old piece before an HD crash, basically this was my concept for the fake Marvel Comic my namesake would appear in. I'll return to the idea one day.

Tales of Heroism #14- The Immortal Sword of Macel-Od

Tracking Mr.Q Poster (Rough)

I've been trying to get this together for a few years, but I'm building to a series starring everyone's favorite trenchcoat wearing phenom. I'll post more in the near future.

Double Trouble!

After the dust settled on the whole Decapre mess, I decided to make another one of my newspaper pics starring her. I wasn't happy she was the 5th character, but I still do think she has quite a bit of story potential. Also, her revamped design (notably the dagger-claws) are pretty cool.

The WizzyWhipItWonderful Experience!

Earlier this year, Wizzy and I teamed up to make a promo video and here's the result! I'm pretty happy with it! :)

Venom Trailer - Ghosts of the Past

With all the madness over at Sony over who's getting a film in Spidey's universe, I felt inspired to dust off the cobwebs and make a video again (it had been months since I did anything, and even longer since I made a fake trailer).

Venom Trailer - I Know You

A more focused trailer. I had a vision in my head for what I wanted, but I had to get creative with limited footage possibilities. Sometimes I want to learn 3d so that I can fill in things and unshackle my imagination hah.

Alien Soldier Remix!

Out of all my recent projects, this is my favorite. I loved this game as a kid and just one day decided to put my spin on things, so I found a more sensible translation of the intro, remade the title scrawl, inserted a bunch of showcases and "Greatest hits" style gameplay highlights.

Street Fighter: Moving Forward -Invincible Eagle

I wanted to make a series of pics where I update the status of old street fighters and create a few new ones. I've long loved Skullomania, but with the Arika rights issue Capcom will never use him again. So I thought up "Why not make a spiritual successor to fill that Tokusatsu void?"

I decided to make a martial artist who, after a career sidelining injury, became an extra and then became the star of a Toku show.

Click the hyperlink for a bit more info on the character.

Shadaloo - Element 3d Teaser Test

Using Andrew Kramer's E3d plugin I was able to create the Shadaloo logo and wanted to make a fake teaser. I love doing anything Bison or Shadaloo related heh.

Revolver 8

This is another plugin test. For several years I've had the concept of Revolver 8 in my head. At first I thought it just sounded like a cool title, then I began to build it a bit more and arrived at the idea of an immortal cowboy that's been dispatching justice for nearly a century. Basically another teaser for a concept that's floating around in my head.

Warrior's Fate - Man of Mystery

This was borne from the Shoryuken .com forums. Several of us love to get together and discuss canon and lore. Recently a few members decided to start tackling canon from the very bottom and other users have been digging into the All About Capcom and other Japanese materials, providing scans and translations and some conventional things have been turned on their heads. A few members are compiling things still (And will be doing so long after SF5's storymode launches), but there was a discussion on a good way to present the content. I wanted to show that video could be a fun way to share what we know and if we so wish we could also offer analysis and speculation in some of the vids.

As I mentioned before, I love Q, so wanted to use him as an easy pilot/proof of concept for this idea. There's only a few canon details about him, but loads of room for speculation.

MSH 2 Fakeshot

Made this a few years ago, but somehow I forgot to post it here. Just an alternate of "the Night of 1000 Bubs" piece. I actually did this first. I wanted to test out a Squirrel Girl design and also I updated the colours for ShockDingo.  I may get back to making him for MUGEN, but that plan's been on hold for years since I have more commitments.

Code Red

Another piece I forgot to post from several years back. I wanted to do Rulk with a non-MvC Hulk base. I'm okay with it, but I don't like how the face and abs turned out.  I still need to practice anatomy hah.

Maverick Intros the ShockDingo Way (MM X5 - X6)

I've always had a fondness for the Maverick Intros and wanted to make my own. I previously did a few with the X4 style, but decided to try X5-X6.  Huge thanks to Sei for the Anti-Venom and ShockDingo portraits. I got these from her a while back, stunning work.

Shocking Showcases: Fan made Venom title sequence

I got inspired by the beautiful work of Shadow Rabbit Designs and with the swirling Venom Movie news, I decided to try my take on a title sequence.

Concept Corner -Captain Commando II - Gears of Yokai
Oh maaaaan, did this one take a while to do. I'm really proud of this one and can't believe how well it  turned out.  I'm still learning how to choreograph, so this was a bit tough and added to the huge delays on release.  I've always loved Captain Commando and desperately want a sequel. I made this as my concept of a modern, retro-inspired sequel. 

"The brief moments of peace brought forth by Scumocide's Death have been shattered! The mysterious new enemy, The Gear of Yokai, is turning legions of people into monsters to add to his army! Worse yet, a seemingly unrelated surge of crime wishes to swallow up the globe! Can the Commando Team rise to the challenge? What mysteries and mayhem await?!  Find out now Commando-faithful!"

Vine Collection

Just an assortment of goofy, random dubs I did before Vine imploded.  Viper sprites are from FeLoLlop

Spider-Man: Title Card + Web Transitions test

Title cards and commercial bumpers. If there's an aspect of cartoons that I miss more, it would be those. I love them and any chance to make them, I jump at it! I feel they're a lovely aesthetic boost. This was just me testing out an idea for a Spider-man show (something set after Amazing Friends, but before the 90s series).

Quick Mix: The Misadventures of Brock n' Pete!

I wanted to do a quick video and dub test and since I've been on a Eddie Brock high, this was the result.

Dingo Scraps 5.5: The Tale of Metro City

My latest work! With all the rumours of Abigail floating around before his release, I got inspired to do a quick dub. I always liked the visuals of Final Fight CD, but reaaaaaaaaaaally didn't think the voices fit. I decided to also attempt a Barbados accent for Mr. Damnd (I thought it added a bit of texture)

I've been working on Dingo Scraps 6 for...an embarrassingly long time. It's a combo of a lack of inspiration, getting ideas for quicker projects, the new job I got a few years ago and total intimidation due to choreography that has delayed it, but I really wanna get it done this year and continue with other projects.

Thanks for taking the time to give these a look! I'll see you all around! (sorry for the GIGANTIC post)

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »
good tuff dude... looks like u been busy. keep up the good work and its good to see u around.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 10:52:46 PM »
love your work!

Question: are you Australian or is the Dingo thing... just a thing?

:w00t:

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
Awesome job man! Squirrel Girl and Rulk look great!! :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »
Also, ShockDingo made many GREAT voice works for my game Avengers United Battle Force.

Like the Avengers Oath (9s at this video)

All the narrator voices (character names, item pickups, etc) and Quicksilver´s voices

A very talented person, may I say.

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 12:55:41 PM »
Indeed its good to have him back!!  :w00t:

Hey man I think u are involved in the Gotham Knights project too right? I remember your Mr Freeze avatar! :)

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »
good tuff dude... looks like u been busy. keep up the good work and its good to see u around.

Thanks man, yeah, this is all from a bit here and there over the years, I'm hoping to get back to being more productive.

love your work!

Question: are you Australian or is the Dingo thing... just a thing?

:w00t:
Hah, no I'm Canadian.  The Dingo thing is kinda a long story, but basically, someone made a dingo ate my baby joke and I finally said "what the heck is a Dingo anyways?! I might as well check that new search engine, Google or something!"  I found out they're orange dogs and was absolutely happy with that hah. Along that time, I was marathoning Mega Man X and since all the bosses were animal themed, I used that. I've been using that ever since.

Awesome job man! Squirrel Girl and Rulk look great!! :)
Thanks! I was pretty happy with SG's turnout!

Also, ShockDingo made many GREAT voice works for my game Avengers United Battle Force.

Like the Avengers Oath (9s at this video)

All the narrator voices (character names, item pickups, etc) and Quicksilver´s voices

A very talented person, may I say.
Thanks dude!

Indeed its good to have him back!!  :w00t:

Hey man I think u are involved in the Gotham Knights project too right? I remember your Mr Freeze avatar! :)

Yup, I'm part of Gotham Knights. I've unfortunately been more than a bit slow on progress. I've been trying to up my spriting skill since I kept running into walls, but I'm stubborn lol not gonna give up.

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
Yikes, been along time since I've been around these parts, hasn't it?  I'm still stretching myself thin over a whole bunch of things working on a whole bunch of projects, but recently, I did get a chance to wrap some stuff up and release it.  More's in the wings as per usual heh.

Shadaloo C.R.I. Report: Project Falke

This was a quick video that took me a few days to craft.  I'm a HUGE lore addict when it comes to Street Fighter, I spent a ton of time on the lore threads on SRK . com, so I couldn't pass up a chance to do something when the Capcom twitter account started posting reports for Falke and her development in the Shadaloo labs.  This was relatively small, but I had some ideas to push and still had fun putting this together.  It was actually a mini break from the larger project I was working on the time:

G & Q: The Golden Question:

This was one of the biggest things in my recent history that I worked on. The ideas and thesis took a bit to link together and then I had to make a somewhat punchy script. Then came all the recording, cleaning, organizing, arrangement and search for resources, then the little 3d intro took quite a while, but I'm very happy with the final product. It was incredibly demanding, but I had a blast.

This all stemmed from my obsession with SF3's Q and all that mystery that follows him.  From the first shot of G, in the Arcade Edition trailer, I thought he was pretty cool and wanted to learn more about him, I dug his design and his possible status as the new villain. A bit back, a picture leaked of the season 3 story costumes and G's looked uncannily like Q's, so then TONS of speculation started and people felt that Q's mystery was wrapped up.

I made this video to present my theory that G and Q may still be different people and this may infact be building up Q's lore and setting things up for a new post-Shadaloo organization.  Check it out and let me know what you think! Spread the word if you'd be so kind!

Thanks for stopping by, gotta get back to work and gotta get more things released!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 12:14:24 PM »
These are impressive and professionally done.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 03:04:44 PM »
These are impressive and professionally done.
Indeed!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista