collapse

Author Topic: The Official DOA 5 Thread  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Re: The Official DOA 5 Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
ahhh cool Tazzer bro. i pretty much did know mtoo that most those people would be in ( except the Vf people, i knew akira and sarah and now Pai revealed) but i newver seen anything on helena , eliot and Brad ( that is the man right there! Drunken Kung fu ftw! lol) so def thanx. i wonder if they will ever bring back the old hayate who was called Ein. he had some really col azz moves too even if a couple border what Hitomi does cause they both do Karate. But Ein had this killer roll over your back and kick you while rolling again afterwards counter that was just too sweet not to wanna nail all the time if you could. Was my favorite character in DOA2 . he last appeared i believe in DOA Dimensions. So i was hoping to yet again see him in DOA5 as an unlockable. ehh i would rather have him than the Kasumi clone.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
I know what you mean about Ein.   In many ways I actually liked him more than Hayate.  Unfortunately he's nowhere to be found in DOA5 (Though in story Hitomi does keep slipping up and calling Hayate "Ein" and then catches herself lol)

If you're already a fan of Helena, you're going to love her in this game.   :thumbsup:

Eliot is pretty cool this time time around.  I'm liking him a lot.

A word of advice for whoever is getting this game:

In Command Training mode... beware Akira.    His inputs and timings on frames are THE most difficult/complicated ones in the game!   Infact all of the VF characters are difficult for command training.   This is because a lot of their moves require precise timing and frame info.    Sarah and Pai are difficult... but Akira... my hands are hurting and cramping up lol.  He's got 68 commands in total... I've gotten 67.  There is just one more that I simply cannot seem to pull off.  I've tried everything.   Speeding up the inputs, delaying the inputs (because of stupid frames and what not) nothing seems to work.  I don't even like Akira (never did actually)!  I'm only doing it for the sake of having everything complete.  Once I do this and then take him through Arcade mode I'll never pick him again.

***EDIT***  Finally got it!  I am SOOOO done with Akira!  ... Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and soak my hands in ice water.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:11:02 AM by Tazzer »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
yeah i saw some of the footage of helena fighting. yeah thats my baby right there. looking gooooood too. i absolutely love her fighting style.  she seems to play alot like she always has which is cool with me. i love her defensive /offensive capabilities.  she can be very tricky wether used you or by cpu. as well she can be caught in counters easily at times if you can time her well.  My DOA favs always been Helena, Lisa, Brad, Ein ( not Hayate version), Hitomi and Bayman.

i am curious about the new 2. so when i get the game i am sure to try them out right off the bat to get familiar with them. Sarah is my girl in Vf but i love the brutalness of Vanessa. So i wanna see if she still has that same ole good shine i like .  I hate Akira....period. his commands in VF% are insane but the cpu will punish you with him once it starts a move sequence and when it catches you blindsided. one of the only characters in any fighting game i ever played that makes me curse at the screen! lol. i just accepted that Dural is a cheap whatever . lol.

i can imagine the pain bro of the finger sessions trying to nail those commands on the VF characters., they are beastlky in VF% so yeah imagine trying to use those in a DOA style situation. to me it must be a nightmare. lol . Congrats on getting Akiras playthrough in training done cause i might not ever try.  :D ^:)^

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
Who's boobs are you liking the most guys?
God bless America!

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »

LMAO..well in a DOA thread the subject of boobs did have to come up eventually, right?   Hm... I'm gonna go with Helena.  Her model is perfect from head to toe!

yeah i saw some of the footage of helena fighting. yeah thats my baby right there. looking gooooood too. i absolutely love her fighting style.  she seems to play alot like she always has which is cool with me. i love her defensive /offensive capabilities.  she can be very tricky wether used you or by cpu. as well she can be caught in counters easily at times if you can time her well.  My DOA favs always been Helena, Lisa, Brad, Ein ( not Hayate version), Hitomi and Bayman.

i am curious about the new 2. so when i get the game i am sure to try them out right off the bat to get familiar with them. Sarah is my girl in Vf but i love the brutalness of Vanessa. So i wanna see if she still has that same ole good shine i like .  I hate Akira....period. his commands in VF% are insane but the cpu will punish you with him once it starts a move sequence and when it catches you blindsided. one of the only characters in any fighting game i ever played that makes me curse at the screen! lol. i just accepted that Dural is a cheap whatever . lol.

i can imagine the pain bro of the finger sessions trying to nail those commands on the VF characters., they are beastlky in VF% so yeah imagine trying to use those in a DOA style situation. to me it must be a nightmare. lol . Congrats on getting Akiras playthrough in training done cause i might not ever try.  :D ^:)^

Yeah, if you don't mind not having everything 100% complete (However, with me, I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to that stuff lol) then I wouldn't bother, because it's only gonna make you want to break something... several things in fact lol.

One thing I do hope for though, is that the VF fighters do get some more costumes as DLC.  As of now, they all only have the default two (well Sarah and Pai got bathing suits with the pre-order bonus..but still).  Can't get anymore.   So I'd like a little variety there.   

Now, see, on the one hand I can understand them (to a certain extent) not including extra costumes for them because they are 'borrowed characters' so they're probably very limited in what they can do for them design wise.   The VF peeps probably wanted it so that they only wear their recognized costumes from their own game.   

What I don't get, however, is Gen Fu only having two as well.   I mean, he's a mainstay of the DOA series.  He should at least get 3 or 4 like the other guys in the game.   I know that the dudes never get as many outfits as the girls (understandably so)... but c'mon, they always have more than 2.  Meanwhile you have characters like Lei Fang bringing her entire freakin' wardrobe to the tournaments! I thinks she still has more costumes than anyone else in the game.

So hopefully they can get the VF powers-that-be to let them design a few more outfits for their characters and we'll get some DLC.   Who knows.  I'm hoping though.   Kinda getting sick of that blue suit of Sarah's.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 08:37:29 PM »
LMAO..well in a DOA thread the subject of boobs did have to come up eventually, right?   Hm... I'm gonna go with Helena.  Her model is perfect from head to toe!

ditto on that sh*t right there...when i kept noticing the animation all i could was just smdh lol....even my lady was like "well godamn her boobs look hella real^^"
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
She's not wrong.  The updated ladies.. all of them actually.. look pretty damn good.   I do love DOA 5... where else can you get bone-crushing goodness mixed with such excellent eye candy?   

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 12:47:41 AM »
Got to check the game out today at a friend's. Pretty cool. I don't know why I couldn't get into the series before, but this one may draw me in.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »

wait.. hold that thought bro..
<---- breaks out the meauring tape.. friday i will check and i let you know.  :thumbsup: :D

yeah from what i have seen this one def tops in realism compare to the others, and the girls do look so delicious. Helena looks... HAWT! i still want to get to my home girl Lisa. i used her alot in doa4...i really mean alot big time.
yeah i too think having less outfits for gen fu is ehh stupid . yeah the guys never get as many as the girls and Lei fang always had the most. forget a wardrobe , she just brung a whole store's worth of outfits! she broke Victoria Secret chinese dress wear big time in the other games. So i am expecting much the same in this one. i like so far the alternate costumes for the characters and Yes VF ones need some love...but not Akira.. ( boots Akira) lol . That powered up focus attack thing looks entertaining indeed. some peoples combos doing them are crazy!

Shadaloo bro, def you got to add this game to your fighting game collection. No fighting game collection to me is complete without having a DOA game in your stash. i had all of them ever made except Dimensions. Its a hardcore fun series and worth every penny.

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
Ok, rented this and I love it! Trying to figure out who to focus on though. Jan Lee feels more like you're controlling Bruce Lee than Fei-Long or Marshal Law, Ayane feels like you're actually going ninja on their @$$, and Mila is fun to use. I think I'll go with Mila for now, but I really like those other two.

EDIT: Did I just get slapped in the face with a helicopter's missile? /:O

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »
Ok, rented this and I love it! Trying to figure out who to focus on though. Jan Lee feels more like you're controlling Bruce Lee than Fei-Long or Marshal Law, Ayane feels like you're actually going ninja on their @$$, and Mila is fun to use. I think I'll go with Mila for now, but I really like those other two.

EDIT: Did I just get slapped in the face with a helicopter's missile? /:O

lol yeh gotta love those interactive backgrounds

Yeh my mains have always been Ryu hyabusha and Jan lee and at times too Bayman

Im sure you like pulling off their super dramatic last minute attacks ;D

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »
Im sure you like pulling off their super dramatic last minute attacks ;D
It is fun to punch someone like 60 feet into a cannon. lol

How do you unlock the different costumes for everyone? I got one from Arcade and one from Time Attack.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
It is fun to punch someone like 60 feet into a cannon. lol

How do you unlock the different costumes for everyone? I got one from Arcade and one from Time Attack.

lol yeh that circus stage is bugged out...the ill stage i like is ryu's stage. that lil ninja broad kick the sh*t out of me off the roof and combo'ed me down to the street level...that was wild crazy. But bet i broke my foot off in her @ss with ryus super and that dramatic fireball sh*t....entertaining game man :thumbsup:

Yeh i only got for PS3 for now

oh and nah i think i unlocked stuff just playing through the story if i remember right. a lot of stuff

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
lol yeh that circus stage is bugged out...the ill stage i like is ryu's stage. that lil ninja broad kick the sh*t out of me off the roof and combo'ed me down to the street level...that was wild crazy. But bet i broke my foot off in her @ss with ryus super and that dramatic fireball sh*t....entertaining game man :thumbsup:

Yeh i only got for PS3 for now

oh and nah i think i unlocked stuff just playing through the story if i remember right. a lot of stuff
You got it for PS3? Wish I didn't need an online pass. Oh well, guess we can play when I actually buy it.

I just unlocked Mila's third (fifth?) costume by beating Arcade again, so I think you just beat Arcade over and over.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
You got it for PS3? Wish I didn't need an online pass. Oh well, guess we can play when I actually buy it.

I just unlocked Mila's third (fifth?) costume by beating Arcade again, so I think you just beat Arcade over and over.

cool, yeh i gotta rack up on my fighting games for PS3 since the controls are better for me on that. you know how we do shadaloo, when the time comes we shall duel it out agains :thumbsup:

and yeh i beat arcade a few times. i didnt pay attention to anything unlocked..I saw one of Ryu's what i call storm shadow outfits. i forgot to see if i got it. i know i fought the CPU that had that outfit on when i beat em

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
cool, yeh i gotta rack up on my fighting games for PS3 since the controls are better for me on that. you know how we do shadaloo, when the time comes we shall duel it out agains :thumbsup:

and yeh i beat arcade a few times. i didnt pay attention to anything unlocked..I saw one of Ryu's what i call storm shadow outfits. i forgot to see if i got it. i know i fought the CPU that had that outfit on when i beat em
I'm using the fightstick for this one, so console controls don't matter for me. lol I had to set it up to play sorta like Soul Calibur though. (Clockwise starting with Square: P,K,T,H)

If you played against the CPU with the outfit, you unlocked it.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »
Hey guys, remember how I was wishing for alt costumes for the VF characters, and Gen Fu?    Well, it turns out that whole "ask and you shall recieve" thing might ring true.... Check it out:

Along with:

And then there's This LOL :

And btw, they are free.    I mean a lot of them (for the DOA fighters) are classic costumes from before ... but in some cases that's not a bad thing.  I'm glad they decided to give Christie back that costume.  It was my favorite of hers from DOA4.   Besides... you can't exactly argue with "free" right?

Should I ask to become filthy rich next?   ... It may work.  O_o

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:03 PM »
Hmmm... Going to have to check that out.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 10:31:50 PM »
I think Sarah's is going to be my default for her.

I bet folks are really happy about Bayman getting his classic costume back.  I read that a lot of people were disappointed that he didn't have it in DOA 5.

LOL, it looks like Mila is wearing a hand-me-down from Tina's closet.  I believe that was Tina's very first costume.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
Wow Akira's AI is laughable.

I started noticing a trend in my fights with him, so I decided to test it out. I put some distance between us, he started running at me, and I hit him with Mila's Hard Hook  ( :4 :p + :k ), starting the cycle over again. I think that may need fixed. lol

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
Geez that is pretty ridiculous.   What difficulty setting was that on?   You're definitely right that should be patched asap!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:48 AM »
That was on Normal. Didn't try it on anything else, but wow. lol

I'm liking Eliot. I think he'll be Mila's tag partner.

EDIT: Wish we could use our own music. :(

EDIT 2: Am I the only one wanting a Rocky Balboa alt for Mila? lol Or atleast the hat on her hoody costume.

EDIT 3: Just found another. just beat Bayman by doing Tina's Moonsault Press over and over. (Normal and Hard)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:02:01 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »
I actually like Eliot too.  He and Helena work very well together.  Their styles compliment each other.   I didn't like him much in DOA4.. however, in this game he's great.

In regards to the AI, I'm sure there will be a patch once the game's been out long enough for some in depth feedback.   I'm not too worried about it.  I'm sure they'll get everything up to speed.

Meanwhile I'm having an absolute blast with Rig!   He's definitely my fave newbie.  His design is cool and his moves are just too good.   I just wish we'd have gotten a more detailed look into his story.  He's still very much a mystery (despite the one surprising fact you found out about him in story mode).   I want to know more about him and why Christie seems to have such an interest in him.

Currently I'm trying to become more adept at working the Power Blow moves into my combos.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
I actually like Eliot too.  He and Helena work very well together.  Their styles compliment each other.   I didn't like him much in DOA4.. however, in this game he's great.

Well if you learn anything good with him, sharing is caring to this DOA virgin. lol

In regards to the AI, I'm sure there will be a patch once the game's been out long enough for some in depth feedback.   I'm not too worried about it.  I'm sure they'll get everything up to speed.

Yeah, but until then it's still fun to laugh at. lol

Meanwhile I'm having an absolute blast with Rig!   He's definitely my fave newbie.  His design is cool and his moves are just too good.   I just wish we'd have gotten a more detailed look into his story.  He's still very much a mystery (despite the one surprising fact you found out about him in story mode).   I want to know more about him and why Christie seems to have such an interest in him.

I played with him a little. Seemed pretty cool too me. I haven't beaten Story Mode yet because I'm still learning how to play. I think the last chapter I've unlocked was Ryu's.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »

LOL, it looks like Mila is wearing a hand-me-down from Tina's closet.  I believe that was Tina's very first costume.

yup bro it sure is ! thats her first outfit in doa. i had it on the playstation when it first came out too. loved it in the arcades as well. it was different tho when it hit ps1.  It looks good on Mila and i see Tina has that blue one . The classic outfits look great! Bayman got his outfit back ! yessssss!

Akira ai is same craziness in VF5 so i aint surprised at all. lol.  Akira is unholy with his AI period. If you can master Akira movesets to a point of perfection.. you can clown just about anyone.

now bring on Vf vs Doa with full casts and of course a couple more newbies both sides. !  [-O< [-O<

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar