collapse

Author Topic: Project X Bug thread  (Read 19548 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Project X Bug thread
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:36 PM »
Right; with the new release of Second Coming, here I am again. Just an FYI: bug updates are going to be slower this time around, but rest assured, I plan to get everyone done at some point. And first off, is the new the guy; Professor Xavier! :DB:

1.Can't jump while dashing forwards or backwards.
2.Can't chain his standing normals together.
3.Can self-chain S.MP while moving forward at least 2 times, with the right timing.
4.Can self-chain H.MP while moving forward at least 7 times, with the right timing.
5.Can self-chain S.HK while moving forward at least 5 times, with the right timing.
6.Can self-chain C.MP at least two times, with the right timing.
7.Can attack opponent when opponent is downed, with C.LK and C.MK.
8.Can self-chain C.MK at least two times, with the right timing.
9.It's hard (but not impossible,) for him to chain Air Normals into Standing Normals.
10.Can self-chain Air.MP at least 2 times.
11.Can self-chain Air.LK at least 2 times.
12.Can self-chain Air.MK at least 2 times.
13.Has no grab.

Post Merge: October 17, 2011, 05:58:11 PM
Also, two general bugs that I noticed;

1.The debug keys are on.
2.Characters don't seem to able to use Crouching Normals when holding either DF or DB.

All fixed, except there still is no throw and # 2 and 9 are correct as they are. An update will be loaded up tonight.

Offline ArmageddoN

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:September 25, 2012, 12:01:43 PM
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »
I dont use to post much, but this really caught my atention (First of all I cant belive the amount of effort and dedication that this proyect has, is truly amazing)
This is really a game by now, and at this point I think its close to perfection, and i just want to help a little.
Here are some bugs I found while playing.

Deadpool.
- In the win where crashes to the screen, if you are using any of the other palletes the highlighted tones are still red
- In the ninja hypers, some times the opponent cancels it but the green guys still appear runing
- In the hyper where he stabs with the katana, there are some red pixels in the final sprites (I noticed this by using the black pallete on him)
- The granade of MK can freeze the opponent in the middle air, that looks strange.

Bishop
- The stance has some double line of pixels in the head in one of the sprites

Emma Frost
- In the diamond form, If you use Psylocke psychic blade hyper where she gets the opponent in the middle air and you dissapear, the shines of diamond mode doesnt dissapear
- She cant connect his 3 crouching punches
- In the special of the astral form, if you punch with HP and after hit LP the HP gets cancelled

Cable
- Cable hyper where he makes a proyection of him finishs up slideing :P

Nightcrawler
- He dissapear at the start of a team match

Other
- Is professor x suppose to be that strong ? xD Its to much :lol:
- In iceman stage, in the "continue?" screen, a pice of ice stands in front of the char.
- In team mode, the mini portraits of prof x and nightcrawler are bad.
- the "X" that should be showing that one character has been defeated is bad aligned
- A lot of times the characters are bad aligned at the start of a match
- Why in storm forward dash the wind is black using her default pallete?
- Mystique and cyclops has different default palletes, they look cool but they look different near the others :/ And mystique sprite in the rogue hyper using mystique power has the old pallete.
- Gambit hyper portrait could use some color fixes since the default pallete its not the same as the old capcom one, same with juggernaut
- In beast stage professor x passes behind xD

I know a lot of them are a bit stupid, but since the game is almost perfect, every little thing should be fixed. I will try to post more later. And thanks for doing all this
(Sorry for the "english")
Chek out my sprites at M.U.G.E.N Graphic Arts!

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 10:36:56 PM »
Right. Next up, a personal favorite of mine, both in-game and in-comics; Nightcrawler!

After Launcher: Can self-chain MK 3 times, with the right timing. Self-chaining Air MK just 2 times is easier.

His "Be on Your Guard..." Super has an awkward looking finisher; the opponent should be knocked a good distance away, but instead, the foe moves back in the air just a bit, then seems to stay there for a second or two untill the full end of the super. :|

Other then just those two issues...he's actually pretty good! At least, in terms of his gameplay. This is more of a personal matter, but, while the sprites are improved from last time, there seems to be less of them, and the animations aren't fluid as before, as a result. I know, nothing can really be done that, but I'm just curious as to why that is.

Post Merge: October 27, 2011, 10:25:36 PM
Next, is Collosus.

1.His voice is a bit hard to hear compared to some of the other characters; too quiet. I'd suggest turning up the volume for his voice.

2.His Crouching Kicks automatically make a 'hit' sound, regardless of whether or not it actually connects with the opponent.

3.The second hit of his LP>LP auto-combo; after the first hit connects, you can guard against the second hit. Also, the second hit has not 'hit' sound when it connects.

4.Cant hit foes while they're downed, with C.LK or C.MK.

5.As soon as he can pollisbly do so, Collosus can hit an opponent with multiple C.LK's, while they're falling down from a C.HK.

6.After Launcher: Can self-chain LK times.

7.After Launcher: Can self-chain MK two times, but only when jumping straight up, after the launch.

8.His winquotes sometimes don't get enough time to play fully.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:25:36 PM by novasod »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
Next; Rouge. But before we get to her, I'd suggest seeing if you can put some sort of damage dampener, or damage scale, on Launcher Combos. Why? Because a full maximum ground-normal-chain, ending with a launcher, and then following into a full launcher-chain, can do as much damage as a Hyper, if not more. Something needs to be about that, if possible.

1.Okay, someone tell me something; isn't Rouge a Tank? Because I thought she was a tank, and if so, she shouldn't be able to do full 5-6-hit Magic Chains. So, is she supposed to be able to do that, or not? If not, then you should fix that.

2.Rouge can chain her C.HK into her C.HP, which happens to be a Launcher. This should probably be fixed, and likely has something to with the Magic Chains.

3.C.LK can self-chain 3 times.

4.After opponent is downed, you can follow-up with either C.LK or C.MK. C.LK in particular can be self-chained at least 8 times, when the opponent is downed. Again though, you can use C.MK as well.

5.After Power Drain, Rouge still has the opponent's power after the Power meter runs out.

Also, I've noticed that Rouge really only has one Winpose; changing into any one of several outfits, and then saying "Easy win." It'd be nice if she had some more variation in in her Winposes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:34:58 PM by novasod »

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »

1.Okay, someone tell me something; isn't Rouge a Tank? Because I thought she was a tank, and if so, she shouldn't be to do full 5-6-hit Magic Chains. So, is supposed to be able to do that, or not? If not, then you should fix that.

Well she was in the last version of the game (a tank, I mean.)  However, I didn't think that really fit her at all.   The reason for that is because Rogue is kind of a rare combination of Speedy/Agile as well as Tough/Powerful.    You don't find that mix often, but sometimes it happens.   She's never really been depicted as the "powerful but slow" type.   She's got a fair amount of speed to her and is also quite agile.  

So really, IMO, she shouldn't be a full on Tank, but she also shouldn't be full on Speedy type either because she fits into both categories.  Rogue should really be some kind of mix between the two.  Not one extreme or the other.   Just my .02 cents.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:17:12 PM by Tazzer »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »
She is not a Tank, According to the manual that comes with the game classifies her as "Air" style.

So... she is classified as an air fighter, she is light which means swift but not fast, she only does 15 - 65 in normal hit damage with her groundattacks only doing up to 55 damage. Her specials damamge only does from 65-100 (up to 120 with Power Dive due to long start up time). As far as damage goes Rogue and Storm are the weakest but also have good manuverableility and combo ability.

At the beginning of this process, all the char's stats were charted out and reset according to the style classes that were assigned and their variety of attributes. Their chaining ability, power add, speed, all this stuff was set according to this system.

Agile (Beast, Gambit, Mytisue)
Teleport (Deadpool, Nightcraeler, Psylocke, Quicksilver)
Zone/Beams (Cable, Cyclops, Magneto, Omega Red, Omega Red is a special case)
Bruiser (Colossus, Strong Guy, Namor, Juggernaut, Juggernaut is also a special case)
Float/Air (Rogue, Storm)
Scrapper (Wolverine, Sabretooth)
Guns (Birdy, Bishop)
Telepath (Emma, Prof X)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:09:26 PM by Acey »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 11:06:42 AM »
2.Characters don't seem to able to use Crouching Normals when holding either DF or DB.

That is an issue with your keyboard, typically with a wireless keyboard but not always. It's very common in mugen. I suggest using a gamepad.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
Next, Wolverine.

1.C.MP can't be chained from C.LK. Similarly, C.MK can't be chained into at all. I'm giving S.HK and C.HK passes due to how much start-up time they have for Normals.

2.Wolvie's S.MP>S.MP Target Combo can be self-chained up to 4 times; this amounts for 8 hits total.

3.After Launcher: Can self-chain LK 3 times.

4.After opponent is down, Wolvie' can follow-up with either C.LK or C.MK.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »
Okay, would have done this a bit sooner, but the game wouldn't boot up. But now, that problem's been fixed thanks to a reinstall, so... BEAST, YA'ALL! :rules:

1.Beast can self-chain S.MP whilst moving forewarned, with the right timing; I haven't been able to completely drain the health-bar myself, but there's potential for an infinite there.

2.When an opponent is downed, Beast can followup... just C.LK. You see, this bug isn't as bad as other characters; for one, he can't use both C.LK and MK, only C.LK, and he has to be in the corner to followup at all. It should still be fixed though. (The following is bolded to make sure no-one misses it.) Also, there's something that's been bothering me for a long time; are characters supposed to be able to attack downed opponents? I keep thinking that the characters shouldn't be able to do this, and yet, just about everywhere I look, there it is, even in EoH. Of course, this wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for instances such as, in some cases, being able to use C.LK 8 times in a row. So, again, is attacking downed opponents (like, say, after a C.HK,) supposed to be there or not?

3.J(Jumping).MP can't hit opponents on the ground. Yes, J.LP can't hit opponents on the ground as well, but that one actually looks like it's not supposed to, as opposed to J.MP, which does.

4.C.MP can't chain to C.MK.

5.Beast can't seem to complete full Launcher Combos well, at least against Nightcrawler. I don't think Nighcrawler has that small a hitbox though, so it's quite possibly the same with other characters as well; he might have an easier time against bigger characters, such as Sabretooth, Collusos or Juggernaut, though.

6.According the Game Manual, Beast's canceling ability is Level 1; in other words, he should be able to cancel normals into specials. He can't do that. This should probably be looked into.

7.If Beast chooses to defuses his mines, there's sound when they defuse. That doesn't feel right.

8.Characters can block against Beast's mines.

9.One of Beast's qinquotes cancels out as soon as it starts. Unfortunately, since I've only seen the very start, I don't know which winquote it is.

10.Beast's throw does too much damage.

Despite all of these problems, Beast is still a very enjoyable character, though again, these bugs need to be fixed.

Post Merge: November 06, 2011, 12:57:16 PM
(Before I begin, if you haven't looked at the bolded area in Beast's section yet, please do so. Anyway...)

Next up, Storm!

1.S.MK can't be chained into from Standing or Crouching normals; Jumping Normals still apply though.

2. Her J.HP Throw looks... awkward. The opponent seems to head right off screen, before disappearing and then coming back where he/she was when the throw started; then the throw continues as normal.

3.She can hit downed opponents. I'.ll say more when I get an answer on that.

4.Can self-chain S.LP whilst moving forward at least 2 times, with the right timing.

5.Can self-chain S.MP whilst moving forward at 4 times.

6.Can self-chain S.LK whilst moving forward at least 2 times, with the right timing.

7.Can follow-up with an J.HP Throw, right after a launcher.

8.Can't directly chain into a J.MP after a launcher; you can self-chain a J.MP after a launcher two times though.

Lastly, this is just a cosmetic issue, not a bug, but... Storm isn't being done justice. When she's all she mostly says is a "DOH!" and when she doesn't do that, she yells out "LIGHTNING STORM!". The only single line, or grunt, she says, is "I'm as strong as a hurricane!". That not only sounds like her, but the dialogue fits her as well. As it is though... she has the looks, and she has the moves, but for the most part, the personality that makes Storn isn't there. Which is a shame, because withe everyone else, you did such a good making them feel like the characters they're representing. My advice, (you don't take it if you don't to of course, it's your game,) is to look into sources such as the three different cartoons, or the X-Men Legends games, and find a good combination of voice-clips that suit the character, because her certain voice mostly doesn't. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:58:03 PM by novasod »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:01 PM »
Next up... The ICEMAN cometh!

1.Can attack downed opponents.

2.Iceman can self-chain C.LK at least 2 times, with the right timing.

3.After Launcher: Can self-chain J.LK two times.

4.After Launcher: Can self-chain J.MK two times.

5.Iceman's Chain level is 1, which means he should be able to chain Normal's into Special's. He can't do that.

Other then those problems, very nice. ;)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
Next... IT'S THE JUGGERNAUT, B****!

1.Can attack downed opponents.

2.This isn't strictly a bug, but, concerning his QCB+P, I think it should be a grab. It looks like it should be a grab, and bypass defense as a grab should, but as it is now, it's just a glorified normal. QCB+P would have considerably more of a place in Juggernaut's arsenal if it were a true grab.

3.In Juggernaut's "Ooh yeah, I'm unstoppable!" super where he rams the opponent, not all of the hits fully connect; it'll depend on the distance between Jugs and his opponent, but at some point, there will be enough time between at least two of his attacks for the opponent to defend. You'll probably want to look into that.

4.Juggernauts says "ORA!" his QCF+P special like's a Japanese man. Please fix that.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
Sorry for not posting anything recently; I was without internet for a while. I still may not update today, but I do plan to resume posting eventually.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:43:09 PM by novasod »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 04:18:53 PM »
It's cool, I'm playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and getting my homework done.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:Today at 08:32:38 AM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
In one of Rogue's hypers when she changes into different characters in the game it still uses Night crawlers old sprite.

Offline Ross

• Last Login:August 22, 2018, 01:23:25 PM
  • I'
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »
Bishop can cancel his dp - k move and hyper into cr. lk. Plz fix.

Edit: cr. lk kick can cancel out anything but his projectile moves. Causing him to go through the floor or into the sky.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:14:18 PM by Roshie »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »
Bishop can cancel his dp - k move and hyper into cr. lk. Plz fix.

Edit: cr. lk kick can cancel out anything but his projectile moves. Causing him to go through the floor or into the sky.

Great find, thanks Roshie!

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:10 AM »
Am I the only one having problems chaining Cyclops air combos?

Was he made that way or this only have problems with keyboard players?

Edit just in case I dont get in trouble double posting:

Ya brought a gamepad and it does the same thing >_>. Connecting a chain combo does not work in air.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:49:28 PM by jethroyo »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
Am I the only one having problems chaining Cyclops air combos?

Was he made that way or this only have problems with keyboard players?

Edit just in case I dont get in trouble double posting:

Ya brought a gamepad and it does the same thing >_>. Connecting a chain combo does not work in air.

Could you be more specific? What exactly are you trying to do?

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »
Could you be more specific? What exactly are you trying to do?

When I launch an opponent into the air (D Hp) to do an air combo, Cyclops can only connect Lp - Lk - Mp. After trying to connect either Mk, and end it with a Hk (or Hp), he goes down before the opponent.

I think its the jumping height problem or his gravity, when trying to air combo an opponent.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »

Normal Bastion appears when Legacy Virus Bastion's Psychic Cutter (I think that's the name for that circle move) collide's with Cable's Crackdown.

Birdie's number of his & her damage when she do her This Is X-Parta attack. I think it would be better if it was like in X-Men vs Street fighter. 35 Hits, short but really effective.

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »
Sorry if this was already brought up (I might have missed it while scanning the thread), but I've noticed some odd issues with Mystique's stand-alone release version.  She seems to have some trouble connecting combos, mostly due to her medium punches and kicks either being a little finicky with the timing (crouching MP, crouching and standing MK) or simply not canceling from light attacks whatsoever (standing MP).  Additionally, she is completely incapable of doing the zig-zag combo (lp lk mp mk hp, or something similar).

Normally, I'd assume these were design choices, since Zvitor mentioned that he wanted to limit combos in some characters.  However, the Mystique that is playable in X-Men: SC seems to combo perfectly fine, with perfectly responsive zigzag and LMH combos.  Anyone else have this problem?

Since I'm already posting, here's some other issues I've found:
-Some of Colossus's attacks make hit noises, even if they are blocked or miss completely.  In all honesty, this is an easy fix (just delete the hitnoises using FF; they really aren't necessary anyhow) but it's worth mentioning so that other less mugen-savvy people who download him won't have the same problems.
-Juggernaut's QCB+K move (the bodyslam) doesn't seem to have any hitnoise at all.
-Quicksilver's QCF+PP hyper (the quick punches) is really difficult to combo into, does horrendously low damage, and even PUSHES Quicksilver away from his target, reducing the potential damage even further.  I know that ZV is trying to lean away from high-damage combos and chaining into hypers for XSC, but you should probably change SOMETHING about this move so that it's a viable choice in a fight, or at least so that it fits his kit a little better.  This is a minor complaint, though.

Thank you for your time!

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
thanks,
i updated mystique combos to xsc 1.0,
i should take some time to re-releases this chars with this updates.

i was playng with quick this weekend and i had this problem too, will save that to his "to do" list.

thanks and bring more feedback and bugs, is always welcome.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista