collapse

Author Topic: How to align FX in Fighter Factory  (Read 1712 times)

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
How to align FX in Fighter Factory
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
Is there a trick to aligning FX? Everytime i add any FX it looks choppy when animated.  I just dont know how to align FX correctly becuase theres no reference as its either custom made or its blown up to 200%/400%.  My question is how is everyone aligning there FX...  Hope someone has a tip.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:01:13 AM by =A= »

A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 07:52:50 AM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
Re: How to align FX in Fighter Factory
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »
Open your char in FF & click on constants. Then click on the yellow ruler looking thing in left hand side of the menu called "offset view". This will take you to stage_0 that comes with any version of mugen. Here you can pick your projectile throwing & projectile animations in the drop down menu. After you line up the animations then copy down on paper the x,y cordinates. After you have the cordinates then go back to your constants file & change them to the new cordinates in whatever state needs them changed. Fire up the game & see if it looks the way you want. If it's still off then just trial & error it till it looks correct. If what I said didn't make sense to you then you need to go on youtube & look for projectile tutorials for mugen. Ater viewing them come back & look what I wrote again.

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 06:22:11 AM »
thanks for the post.  Im sorry if i didnt make this clear.  Its not the positioning in mugen im trying to do, its to find the correct axis in FF to make it animate smoothly.  Look at Syn's cypher slash FX for example.  Its aligned so well that when animated in mugen or as a gif it runs smooth and not choppy.  Maybe im just looking for either an easy way to do it or some mathematical way to do it lol.  But i think i get the fact that theres no magic way of doing it.  Its putting me off using custom FX  ~X(.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:26:42 PM by =A= »
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »
Do you mean like using OnionSkin to make them in line with each other in the SFF?

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 05:52:42 PM »
Do you mean like using OnionSkin to make them in line with each other in the SFF?

I guess onionskin is the only best way, i just thought there was another way.  To be honest i forgot to try onionskin lol  just because the sprites where really big and it probly wouldnt of worked as well.  As of now im sticking with mvc1 effects ect.

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 16, 2016, 08:44:04 PM
  • What? You want credit? Debit or Mastercard? :P
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:37:12 AM »
When adding your sprites through fighter factory you can choose an alignment preset to add to every sprite in the exact same position.

Go to

Add image

Select the animation sprites in order, click 1st image and then find the last image. Then hold shift and select the last image and your sprites will be highlighted and added in that order all at once.

Look for where it says Axis - next to the Image # and group # area

In that area you can choose how the images are going to be aligned.

Choose 0,0

or

Left, Top

or

Center, Center

.etc

Or make your own custom alignment and just click OK when you're done and it'll add the images in the alignment you chose without having to do it individually.
"Aren't they already committing a bigger crime by stealing from gaming companies to begin with? Silly goose" :D

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:45:57 PM »
I think the heading for this topic is abit misleading  o.O#.  

Look for where it says Axis - next to the Image # and group # area

In that area you can choose how the images are going to be aligned.

I cant use one alignment for each sprite becuase it will make it animate wrong.

I was just wondering how people aligned custom fx, i thought it depended on the image size abit like how stages are aligned.  I guess it doesnt.

Thanks for the post anyway, Axkeeper

I'll be sticking with mvc effects for now.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
I know what your asking and there is actually a lot of information to give.

1) When you have the original, uncropped sprites that were ripped from the original game it came from then alignment isn't an issue, when you add the sprites into Fighter Factory they are already lines up because they are uncropped. Then after adding them to Fighter Factory, perferable when your entire character is completed, you can select "sprites/cut all" to crop all the sprites in the SFF file to help decrease the file size.

2) If you don't have the original uncropped sprites then you're up a creek without a paddle. All you can do is make your best guess, which is what it seems you're doing. When you are making a "best guest with Fighter Factory I suggest you move the sprite so the cross hair is in the middle of the FX then try to align each sprite one by one from there.

If you know what game the sprite came from you can probably find the original, uncropped sprite rip on the main IMT page under the "sprites" section. See the link below.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
When you have the original, uncropped sprites that were ripped from the original game it came from then alignment isn't an issue, when you add the sprites into Fighter Factory they are already lines up because they are uncropped

Thanks, I didn't know that! \-/o.  I think i'll test that out.

If you don't have the original uncropped sprites then you're up a creek without a paddle. All you can do is make your best guess, which is what it seems you're doing. When you are making a "best guest with Fighter Factory I suggest you move the sprite so the cross hair is in the middle of the FX then try to align each sprite one by one from there.

Ah ok, thanks for the tip.   

And thank you to everyone who posted here

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/

i cant seem to find uncropped mvc1 dust effets  :-?? i'll look again

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:47:14 PM by =A= »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
If it's not in the misc hitsparks part of MvC2 then it's probably not there.  :-??

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Nah already checked it, its not not there.  i'll try and find some online.

Offline AxKeeper

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 16, 2016, 08:44:04 PM
  • What? You want credit? Debit or Mastercard? :P
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:55 PM »
Yeah that was the down side with alignments. They cannot be cropped all ready or they will not appear correctly.

I am against cropping my .sff file sprites for this reason alone. I know a lot of people make a big deal about it making the .sff file too big in size but I have a PC that can handle that so I don't care what they think, and it's not like they can't crop it themselves after they download it :P
"Aren't they already committing a bigger crime by stealing from gaming companies to begin with? Silly goose" :D

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar